• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

"And don't worry about the maps till they are added to the selection for ranked games. Biggest waste of money I've wasted on the PS3 so far. and I bought Tekken for a party and never played it since."

:lol You suck at convincing me to buy them.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Aeon712 said:
And don't worry about the maps till they are added to the selection for ranked games. Biggest waste of money I've wasted on the PS3 so far. and I bought Tekken for a party and never played it since.
I really hate to say it, but its true. I mustve spent at most an hour max on the new maps. Maybe now that R&C is getting released they'll finally integrate into the system. A shame too, they're really fun.

theBishop

Banned
$8 for two maps is completely unacceptable.

Its a shame Insomniac forgot the "micro" in microtransaction.

I'd rather see them charge $20 and throw in some single-player content (and maybe online coop).

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster."

How are you supposed to do this when he isn't accepting pms...?
Sorry about that...some trouble with a mod. I should be able to accept PMs again.

The Jer

It's $8 for two "fully-enabled maps"
So, that would like grimsby, nottingham (okay, this one's not a great example), somerset, and manchester in the standard set of MP maps.

Camborne feels different from any of the other maps (in it's 16p and 40p variations) due to its hallways/close-quarters nature (different from the lots of people in a big area, for sure).

So, I think the "only two maps" is really misleading. It's not like getting the subway and the busyard, it's more like getting somerset and manchester.

And the new maps have a very different look from the other MP maps, so that's kinda nice as well.

That being said, they really need to integrate them into the other options that exist for ranked games, rather than having "map pack mayhem" as a seperate option.

patsu

That's right. I look forward to the integration.

I played Meltdown once, and 16-player TDM on the 2 new maps. They were pretty fun and different (The terrains are more hilly). Usually, it's just 8 player (or less) TDMs or DMs when I play them.

Angelcurio

Joining now.

BTw, i dont have the map packs, and i dont have a way to get them either, so i guess that once they are integrated into ranked games, it would be a sad day for me (if sony hasnt released the psn cards by then).

The Jer

Angelcurio said:
Joining now.

BTw, i dont have the map packs, and i dont have a way to get them either, so i guess that once they are integrated into ranked games, it would be a sad day for me (if sony hasnt released the psn cards by then).

If they are integrated properly, you wouldn't be kept out of those ranked game options, you would just be kept from being match-made into games on those maps.

M3Freak

Banned
Angelcurio said:
Joining now.

When they get integrated, we're going to be doing one of two things:

1) Set aside one clan night for playing on the new maps
2) Set aside some time each clan night for playing on the new maps

I don't think we've decided what to do yet. But, we will have something in place when the new maps are finally integrated. The clan members that have bought the new maps are looking forward to playing them in regular ranked matches. Assault, Breah and Meltdown will rock so hard...!

Steroyd

How much are the maps I've got £3 sitting in my wallet and Sony doesn't allow exact amounts, what the hell is that all about?

M3Freak

Banned
Steroyd said:
How much are the maps I've got £3 sitting in my wallet and Sony doesn't allow exact amounts, what the hell is that all about?

Check out the PSN store, or in game from the lobby.

tanod

when is my burrito
Steroyd said:

Yes they do, but (in the US) there is a minimum amount of $5 you can put into your wallet at one time. I don't know what the limit is for the UK.

Example: You have $3.00 and want to buy something for $7, you have to put $5 (because that's the minimum funding amount) in your wallet so then you're left with $1 in your wallet.

If you had $1 in your wallet and you wanted to buy something else that was $7, you could fund your wallet with $6 exactly and have nothing left in the wallet.

Aeon712

M3Freak said:

I don't think we've decided what to do yet. But, we will have something in place when the new maps are finally integrated. The clan members that have bought the new maps are looking forward to playing them in regular ranked matches. Assault, Breah and Meltdown will rock so hard...!
Woah woah woah, says who? I don't remember being apart of this discussion.

careksims

M3Freak said:

Yes thanks for reminding me I bought those maps :/

Looking forward to playing objective on it, but the sniping will be a bitch X_x

theBishop

Banned
I pasted this from another thread because I'd like to get a response from Jstevenson (or any Insomniac), and I think he'd be more likely to see it here:

On characterizing Nathan Hale through facial animation:
I get the impression that Insomniac wanted to go sort of in-between the Gordan Freeman approach (completely silent), and Master Chief (a few lines that provide characterization). They used facial expressions to get his character across but barely any dialog so the player can inject himself into the first-person perspective.

Was this a conscious decision, or am I reading too much into it?

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Woah woah woah, says who? I don't remember being apart of this discussion.

It's been mentioned/discussed a few times in-game - even in this thread. But, like I said, we haven't finalized how we're going to handle it.

No one wants to kick out a clan member just because he doesn't have the new maps. So, the compromise was to do one of the two options I mentioned above. It's the only way to accomodate members that do have the new maps and those that don't.

Anyway, you have them, so don't sweat it.

Anyone up for a GAF vs GAF objective game or games on the new maps tonight?

Kittonwy

Banned
ChryZ said:
Efertlis is having wet dreams about sniping in Westmorland.

LAWLZ, that is SO TRUE.
Indifferent2.gif

Maggot9

Banned
Bailey's Dad said:
Just finished Resistance. Great game. What does everyone make of the final cutscene after the (very long) credits?

The first level in Resistance 2 should be Hale breaking out of the prison they throw him in.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Bailey's Dad said:
Just finished Resistance. Great game. What does everyone make of the final cutscene after the (very long) credits?

Yea its interesting and it makes the wait for res 2 even more painfull!

But can we all agree now that the chimera are infact...
aliens ?

I mean they have energy weapons, able to controll weather , advance weapons and tech etc etc, plus it was stated that the chimera came from a meteor that crashed many years ago , aka tungston event...no ?

Kittonwy

Banned
sleepkittyou2.gif

^^ WAKE UP!!! WILL YOU FIGHT FOR BEERDOM???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

WE FIGHT AND WE WILL WIN!!! WE WILL WIN TEH BEERDOM!!! BEEEEERRRRRDDDDOOOOMMMMM!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

TEH-CJ said:
But can we all agree now that the chimera are infact...
aliens ?

They also have flying ships so it makes sense. Resistance 2 should take place on their homeworld. Let the artists imagination go wild.

If the warhawk topic got moved I think a new thread should be created for Resistance online games and leave this thread for actual game discussion.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Bailey's Dad said:
They also have flying ships so it makes sense. Resistance 2 should take place on their homeworld. Let the artists imagination go wild.

If the warhawk topic got moved I think a new thread should be created for Resistance online games and leave this thread for actual game discussion.

Yup good idea

Kittonwy

Banned
Bailey's Dad said:

Nonsense. This thread is teh thread of beerdom, leave it be.
Indifferent2.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bailey's Dad said:
Just started my second campaign. When do you get the new weapons?

You will find them down the road no prob. First one is at the entrance of the house midway through the very first level.

oo Kosma oo said:
I'll try to come online tomorrow when I get my hands on a PS3.

Be gentle :(
MWAHAHAHAHA
Gentle?
:lol
Trail by fire; you will become a man.

My name's Bob, I teach beginner auger, advanced Dragon, and the masters Carbine Class. School is in.

Firewire

Banned
BobTheFork said:
MWAHAHAHAHA
Gentle?

My name's Bob, I teach beginner auger, advanced Dragon, and the masters Carbine Class. School is in.

he's serious!

BobTheFork said:
MWAHAHAHAHA
Gentle?

The Masters Carbine Class midterm is a bitch... I totally over-studied the .40 mm material recommended in the syllabus and it was 90% headshots!

I quickly dropped Masters Carbine in favor of Stealth Kills 405. Independent study. Pass/Fail!

Firewire

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
The Masters Carbine Class midterm is a bitch... I totally over-studied the .40 mm material recommended in the syllabus and it was 90% headshots!

I quickly dropped Masters Carbine in favor of Stealth Kills 405. Independent study. Pass/Fail!

I failed all of Bob's classes, this is why I'm just a regular grunt only good for target practice.
For Shame!

Wollan

I have updated the OP accordingly with links to the new Multiplayer thread in the Online / Matchup forum. You are risking to be banned if you continue to use this thread for online meetups as stated by Evilore (this goes for all game threads).
We're only two weeks away from the year anniversary for this thread. Thanks for making it happen guys. :D

ChryZ

BobTheFork said:
MWAHAHAHAHA
Gentle?

You forgot to mention the air-fork lesson:
6f78gea.gif

The Jer

ChryZ said:
It took you 4 minutes to respawn here? :lol

lol. I got lucky.
I've only been catching up on this thread like once every week or something (give or take a week) for the past month and a half or so (I guess I posted a couple days ago actually).

just happened to open the thread at the right time.

spidey senses or something. That .gif gets posted -> spidey sense tingle -> I'm there.

Wollan

For the new page:

I have updated the OP accordingly with links to the new Multiplayer thread in the Online / Matchup forum. You are risking to be banned if you continue to use this thread for online meetups as stated by Evilore (this goes for all game threads).
We're only two weeks away from the year anniversary for this thread. Thanks for making it happen guys. :D

ResClan.gif

Top Bottom