• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Aeon712 said:
Gamespot is having a 10 vs 10 assault tournament coming up(only for players in the US). Do we have enough members to get a team?

http://www.gamespot.com/tournaments/res-oct07/index.php

Only US players? Ouch.

No Queeg or Kittonwy would hurt Team GAF in Assault.

Maggot9 said:
Aeon you slut, it's for players in Canada too! (excluding Quebec). I'm DOWN if a GAF team gets off the ground!
:D

Oh. Kittonwy and his Auger are still in then... Prepare teh Canoes!

gladtomeetya.gif

Maggot9

Banned
So which numbers are the GAF teams registering under?
edit : i guess all the tourney talk can go in the Online Discussion board

Big-E

I would be interested but I feel the layoff has severely effected my killing efficiency. I am starting to feel like a liability now.

Steroyd

Big-E said:
I would be interested but I feel the layoff has severely effected my killing efficiency. I am starting to feel like a liability now.

I've only just started to get the hang of the game, I'm getting near a 1.00 K/D ratio per round. :/

And I'm sucking less with the Sniper rifle to.

Although hands down I suck going against Chimera as a human.

tanod

when is my burrito
We should take talk over to the online thread, but I'm definitely signing up. Can we get a team together for a game on November 1st?

I'm thinking Team 122. My gamespot name is td19. gogogo

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
tanod said:
We should take talk over to the online thread, but I'm definitely signing up. Can we get a team together for a game on November 1st?

I'm thinking Team 122. My gamespot name is td19. gogogo

Just joined your team Tanod. Beatbox, Sutdawg, Aeon, where you at?

M3Freak

Banned
Maggot9 said:
Aeon you slut, it's for players in Canada too! (excluding Quebec). I'm DOWN if a GAF team gets off the ground!

Fucken, eh, I'm in!! Someone take me with open arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M3Freak

Banned
We'll need the other regualrs though. And, that puts us at just around 10, I think. Almost 200 members in the clan, and only 10 play on a regular basis - wow.

Anyway, are those guys interested? What's going on?

Angelcurio

Too bad i am not from the states, it would be awesome to participate on a tournament :(

BTW, m3freak, i really doubt that it would be hard to get 10 people together on a team, since on weekend normally more that 10 people join regularly.

Batgirl

Yes I know this was soooooo last page - hush.

tanod said:
Batgirl was there too. RAWR!

EDIT: Unless that was your sister or something.

So VERY not his sister.
And not with him either.
I had power all night long (and my own consoles thankyouverymuch).
I'm still learning resistance so it wasn't much fun to play it without someone to show me around. And I had orange box calling my name too.
And I'd beaten James on my second round in kills. I was quite pleased with myself at that point in time.

tanod

when is my burrito
Batgirl said:
So VERY not his sister.
And not with him either.
I had power all night long (and my own consoles thankyouverymuch).
I'm still learning resistance so it wasn't much fun to play it without someone to show me around. And I had orange box calling my name too.
And I'd beaten James on my second round in kills. I was quite pleased with myself at that point in time.

Thanks for that clarification. We all have to do our part in keeping JS in line. That's just my way.

Are you planning on joining the clan since you're on GAF now?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Ok so the people playing tonight decided the best spot is Team 93, and heres the schedule:

Team 93
Phase 1 - Match - 47
Wed, Oct 31 at 7:30pm PT (10:30pm Eastern Time)

There are 2 spots left on this one.

That spot is the day/time that best suits us. Theres alot more times available, so choose now before they're taken! We should have at least 2 teams no problem.

Link:
http://www.gamespot.com/tournaments/res-oct07/timeslots.php

Aeon712

TONX said:
Ok so the people playing tonight decided the best spot is Team 93, and heres the schedule:

Team 93
Phase 1 - Match - 47
Wed, Oct 31 at 7:30pm PT (10:30pm Eastern Time)

That spot is the day/time that best suits us. Theres alot more times available, so choose now before they're taken. We should have at least 2 teams no problem.
We better win our 1st rd match, you have no idea what I have to do to get out of work that night to play :(.

Batgirl

tanod said:
Thanks for that clarification. We all have to do our part in keeping JS in line. That's just my way.

Are you planning on joining the clan since you're on GAF now?

Wait you cut his power?
gg! I must learn the ways of GAF!
mebbe....we'll see.

Ragnarok10

Posted this in the MP thread and reposting it here.

I listened to Insomniac Podacst and here are the Resistance Patch 6 Details!

1: Screenshots that dump to "Photo" in XMB (uses 'Print Screen' button on KB)
2: Can disable 40mm Grenade and Bullseye Tag in custom games
3: Password protected private games
4: Custom game option for "aggressive" round balancing (re-balances teams after each round)
5: Rumble Support in SP and MP
6: Weapon Balancing
-decrease in shotgun damage and range
-increase reload time on rocket launcher
-decrease speed of rockets
-decrease rocket/frag grendade splash radius
-higher range damage from hedgehogs
-increased rate of fire on arc charger (primary fire damage decrease, secondary fire damage increase, reduced clip size)
-bullseye tag refire rate slowed
7: Custom game option to allow game-wide voice chat (spectators included)
8: Elite Soldier and Assassin Medal will record in every game type for ranked games
9: Defender Medal for CTF will record for ranked games
10: New bangles unlockables available on myresistence.net (Clank backpack, Magna Boots, Ratchet's Wrench)

Nightz

There's also a custom game mode where you can voice chat with everyone in the game including people on the other team and spectators. This, along with the screen capturing feature should make GAF clan pictures much easier to take.

Steroyd

Ctrl +V because it has to be said twice. :D

Ragnarok10 said:
Listening to Insomniac Podacst and more importantly the Resistance Patch 6 Details!

bow.gif

bow.gif

bow.gif

bow.gif

bow.gif

Thy lord hath show mercy.

Raist

Banned
I already posted it in the podcast thread, but whatever :p

Official Playstation Blog said:
We interrupt the final Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction dev diary post for a special announcement

As some of you may have heard, a new patch for Resistance: Fall of Man will be hitting soon.

How soon you may ask? As soon as this afternoon!

Major changes are listed below and full patch notes can be found on myresistance.net.

-Ability to take screenshots in game using a USB keyboard.
-Weapon balance changes and new round balancing options -Dual Shock 3 support added for online AND single player.
-Password protected custom games.
-Numerous bug fixes.

If you try to login and cannot, it means we are staging the patch for deployment. Or California was hit by another earthquake. One or the other. We now return you to the scheduled finale of RCF: TOD: the
Developer Diaries. And go watch the new Uncharted trailer while you’re at it

tanod

when is my burrito
Raist said:
I already posted it in the podcast thread, but whatever :p

Oh shit, that might really fuck with us when we play in the tournament tonight. I wrote out some tips that people need to remember in the online thread about assault but I'm not going to retype them here since the online forum is a private forum.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
patch is up. Downloading now...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/31/incoming-from-insomniac-resistance-fall-of-man-patch/

Resistance: Fall of Man
Patch 6 Changes
--
Balance Changes
- Range and damage on the Rossmore 236 has been decreased for both primary and secondary fire modes
- Reload time of the LAARK L209 has been increased.
- Projectile speed of the LAARK L209 has been decreased.
- Splash damage radius of the LAARK L209 has been decreased.
- Hedgehog grenade splash damage has been generally increased, although the radius in which it will kill a player in 1 hit has been decreased.
- Frag grenade splash damage radius has been decreased.
- Arc charger fire rate has been increased.
- Arc charger clip size has been reduced.
- Arc charger damage has been decreased for the primary fire and increased for the secondary fire.
- Rate of fire the bullseye tag (secondary fire) has been decreased.

New Features
- Player with a USB keyboard attached to their Playstation 3 may now take in-game screenshots by pressing the “printscreen” key (multiplayer only). There will be a slight pause as the screenshot is taken. The screenshots will be viewable from the Photo bar of the XMB menu.
- Players may now create a custom game that requires a password for other players to join. When creating a custom game, select the option named “password” and enter the desired password from the on-screen keyboard. Players who are invited into a password protected game by another player already in the game do not need to enter a password to accept the invite. Password protected games will be indicated by a “lock” icon next to the game name in the “Find Game” screen.
- Bullseye Tags may be turned off as a custom game option without turning off the bullseye.
- Carbine 40mm Grenades may be turned off as a custom game option without turning off the carbine.
- There is a new game option named “Send Voice Chat To All”. If this is enabled, then all players in the game may hear voice chat sent from any other player in the game, including players on the opposing team and spectators. Squad voice chat will still only be heard by members of the same squad. This option defaults to off.
- The game option “Round balancing” now has a third option available to custom games – “Aggressive”. If round balancing is set to aggressive, it will attempt to rebalance the teams every round based on how well the players scored in the previous round to create the most even teams. “Aggressive” round balancing WILL split parties.
- Both Multiplayer and Singleplayer Resistance: Fall of Man now support the rumble feature of the Playstation Dual Shock 3 controller.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed several possible collision exploits
- The “Elite Soldier” and “Assassin” medals are now obtainable in all ranked gametypes instead of just Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch
- “Defender” ribbons obtained in ranked CTF games will now correctly add to your total stats
- Fixed several issues that could cause party members to drop out of a party
- Various lobby, disconnect, and miscellaneous fixes.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Two questions for jstevenson

1) No option to choose new maps in custom games? I only get the old ones.
2) In the custom games search filter I can serach for Map Pack 1 (and I get nothing since it seems to be impossible to create custom games with new maps) but above all there us a Map Pack 2 option. Did I miss something?

Wollan

Heh, they will announce something Resistance related in the next podcast and I'm sure 99% of us was expecting this to be another map pack (after all, they went through the trouble of adding the ingame store).

neogaf_cage_free

Chimera Apologist
TTP said:
Two questions for jstevenson

1) No option to choose new maps in custom games? I only get the old ones.
2) In the custom games search filter I can serach for Map Pack 1 (and I get nothing since it seems to be impossible to create custom games with new maps) but above all there us a Map Pack 2 option. Did I miss something?

Did you buy Map Pack 1? I have no problems creating a Map Pack 1 game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
first pic

4qxt7ba.jpg

Not the best quality you could get to be honest. You can see the compression artifacts. But it's cool anyway

LOL at the skin, wth?! :lol We were both skeletons!

Top Bottom