• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I posted in online play... but I'm re-iterating here, I will be online Saturday night... be online, want a big turnout.

It'll be worth your time, I promise.

Should be on around 7pm PST.

PAYBACKill

jstevenson said:
I posted in online play... but I'm re-iterating here, I will be online Saturday night... be online, want a big turnout.

omg!!!!!! mega ton announcement!!!

CONFIRMED!

I recently picked up resistance and I'm really loving. It's awesome. I particularly love the environments, Insomniac did a great job on capturing the time period.

I haven't played it online much yet but I'd love to play with some gaffers.
PSN: Ninja_Kn1ght

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:

What is 7PM PST? I play 9:30-10PM EST.
Indifferent2.gif

The alcohol dehydrogenase in my liver doesn't kick in until around 10:30PM EST rawr.
angry.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Ninja Kn1ght said:
I recently picked up resistance and I'm really loving. It's awesome. I particularly love the environments, Insomniac did a great job on capturing the time period.

I haven't played it online much yet but I'd love to play with some gaffers.
PSN: Ninja_Kn1ght

Yeah the later levels are really somethin' somethin'. Can't wait until they show us a glimpse of Resistance 2.
gladtomeetya.gif

jstevenson said:

anything news worthy happen? I wasn't able to get online at that time.

tanod

when is my burrito
jstevenson said:
Soon :).

Sorry about last night guys, totally lost power here. I was sitting in the dark with my DS for hours.

Batgirl was there too. RAWR!

EDIT: Unless that was your sister or something.

M3Freak

Banned
Firewire said:
Aww crap I missed it.

That sucks, dude. It was fun as hell because:

1. Most of us were lost because we've never played Assualt there before.
2. I couldn't figure out how to get out of the tunnels were one of our nodes was until half way through the first round
3. the other team barely attacked our base - they couldn't find it (haha)
4. hijolocoroco never made into the enemy base from the tunnels - couldn't find the exit shaft
5. SHAFT JUMPING
6. SHAFT JUMPING WALL BURNS
7. Rain!! The uber wowsome RAIN!!!

The sheer size of the map and our unfamiliarity with it lead to massive confusion, a prolonged game, and sheer, jaw dropping fun.

It was good that we had 24 (I think) people playing, but on a 40 player map it did seem a little empty, especially since it's so big.

Now we just need to play Breach and Meltdown there, and all three objective modes on Westmorland.

calder

I hadn't played in months, but one of my brothers friends got a PS3 last week and a few of them wanted to play so I met up with 4 of them on Thursday. Damn is this game still fun, but I was so very lost at first. :lol I jumped in a random DM match on busyard just to get the hang of it again before playing my brother and our friends and it was EMBARRASSING. I literally died like 13-15 times in a row while doing almost no damage to anyone. A guy spawned right in front of me, so I ran up to him, bumped right into his back and started jumping. Ooops, just as I start hitting the other face buttons trying to figure out what melee is he turns around and buttstocks me in the gob, damn he must have been laughing.

Like riding a bike though, I started getting a few kills then by the next round I was merely bad instead of shameful, then playing with my friends I found my groove. Kicked all their asses 4 rounds in a row (one of them was a total noob, but another one actually still plays regularly so it wasn't all unfair) and basically felt like the tough guy. ;) Just having the 5 of us on a custom server was insanely fun, and now I'm replaying the SP again just for kicks. Oh, I also searched for one of the new maps and joined a custom match on it so, finally, I've actually seen one of the maps I paid for back when but never played. :D The DM snipers I played on the snow map was great fun, and the guys in it were funny and very sporting. Quite nice to see that R:FoM still has a competitive yet respectful community, I know there's idiots everywhere but I still believe that you get an enjoyable chat experience on this game more often than just about any other I can remember playing.

Firewire

Banned
Sounds about right for me. Running around not having a clue about the maps. I'm still not used to some of the larger maps at all.

PS: We have to be careful in this thread, about online talk!

If I read the mandate from the mods correctly, talk about online game features, like the new maps being integrated, ect. are fine in this thread.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
k

i need to lay off the Warhawk a bit and take it back the da hood:D

i should be on this week

...but please make posts of this kind in the Online meetup/matchup thread in the Online Matchup Forum.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Nah it was really lame. Like Somerset I think that map would be better suited for meltdown.

Stop whining! Enjoy the awesomeness of Camborne! Meltdown would be quite fun there, though.

Firewire

Banned
Guys! I'm luvin this!

Irish charts for the week ending 20th October. Resistance outguns Halo 3!

01 (01) Fifa 08 (Electronic Arts)
02 (__) Football Manager 2008 (Sega)
03 (__) The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo)
04 (__) The Orange Box (Electronic Arts)
05 (06) Resistance: Fall Of Man (Sony Computer Ent.)
06 (02) Halo 3 (Microsoft)

07 (07) Wii Play (Nintendo)
08 (05) Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
09 (04) More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
10 (09) Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
11 (03) Mysims (Electronic Arts)
12 (12) Ratatouille (Thq)
13 (18) Rugby 08 (Electronic Arts)
14 (10) New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
15 (11) Bratz: Forever Diamondz (Thq)
16 (16) Need For Speed: Carbon (Electronic Arts)
17 (20) Motorstorm (Sony Computer Ent.)
18 (08) Cars (Thq)
19 (17) Formula 1: Championship Edition (Sony Computer Ent.)
20 (__) High School Musical: (Disney Interactive Studios)

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Firewire said:
Guys! I'm luvin this!

18 (08) Cars (Thq)

They are drunk:lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Firewire said:
Guys! I'm luvin this!

18 (08) Cars (Thq)

Resistance GB + Guiness = FULL OF WIN.
Indifferent2.gif

TEH-CJ

Banned
More hints at Resistance 2 :D

The ray of light at the end of the tunnel, as ever, is PS3's potential. Only yesterday, Activision declared Sony's machine the most advanced of all next-gen machines:

From the PSM3 blog.

"Speaking at the recent Web 2.0 Summit in the United States, Activision's chairman and CEO, Robert Kotick, told an audience member that he believes that the PlayStation 3 is the most advanced gaming platform available. However, he also pointed out that, "few game developers were building products that take full advantage of the console's powerful, multicore processor". In a more upbeat statement, the Activision head man did suggest that in "the next four or five years" this would change."

Four or five years? We're more optimistic - especially given what we've seen from VU Games' exciting Project A (a classic movie licence), plus what we know about Resistance 2 (which is coming). Still, we're sick of waiting for the future,

Or maybe, we just can't see it when it comes along today.
When mid-November comes, crack on Call of Duty 4, or Ratchet, or Uncharted... and savour the glorious present. They're the best any console can offer right now, and maybe it's insane to decry the thrill of now for the impossible allure of tomorrow.

TEH-CJ

Banned
seanoff said:
of course no Doom Bringer history is complete without this thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136932&page=1

One of the funniest threads ever on GAF. The ytmnd @ post 259 is sooo worth it too.

OMG :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

" holy shit How long did it hurt for? I am thinking about drinking some beer and just pulling the damn thing down " :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Doom_Bringer.... how i miss you :lol

sorry..OT

TEH-CJ said:
OMG :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

" holy shit How long did it hurt for? I am thinking about drinking some beer and just pulling the damn thing down " :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Doom_Bringer.... how i miss you :lol

sorry..OT

Doom_Bringer said:
I stimulate the foreskin by moving it left and right, my masturbation cycle is very small and the ejaculation is also weak

Top Bottom