• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

tanod

when is my burrito
Angelcurio said:
Just bought a japanese PSN card from NCSX importers in order to get the new maps (again), and to my awesome surprise, they are not available on the japanese store >_>

That Dark Myst game looks interesting, at least i will download that in the meantime.

Anyway, jstevenson, when are the new maps going to be released on the japanese store?

Its incredible the amount of hurdles you have to go through in order to invest your money on some game =/

Buy PixelJunk Monsters. It's 900 yen and has English.

Angelcurio

Angelcurio said:
Just bought a japanese PSN card from NCSX importers in order to get the new maps (again), and to my awesome surprise, they are not available on the japanese store >_>

That Dark Myst game looks interesting, at least i will download that in the meantime.

Anyway, jstevenson, when are the new maps going to be released on the japanese store?

Its incredible the amount of hurdles you have to go through in order to invest your money on some game =/
still waiting :(

tanod said:
Buy PixelJunk Monsters. It's 900 yen and has English.
I bought Dark Myst, so i only have 2200 yen left on my wallet, and i am waiting for the release of Everyday shooter over there, so i will have to see how much the map pack is going to cost over there in order to see if i have enough money left to purchase PixelJunk Monsters.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Angelcurio said:

Um, don't know? They obviously have the maps... I'll talk to folks on Monday and see what I can find out.

Ploid 3.0

10-30-06
BobTheFork said:
i can't remember who said it but the best impression ive seen for this game compared it to gears of war: They felt GoW played like doom 3, and resistence played like HL2. That seemed fair to say, and I'm a big HL2 fan so I think im going to really like it.

It's fun to read over this thread. Like going back into the past. "You loved it Bob. You even went a resistance tournament in NY!"

Angelcurio

jstevenson said:
Um, don't know? They obviously have the maps... I'll talk to folks on Monday and see what I can find out.
I will be waiting for your answer, thanks in advance. Now at least i know that the maps are in SCEJ hands, so whatever happens is not Insomniac´s fault.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Haven't heard anything on the maps for Japan PSN, following up with SCEI on that.

What is interesting for you guys is that I'm holding in my hand a US PSN Download card. Sony sent them out to folks with their Christmas card. Obviously I have no idea when they'll be deployed to retail, but they do apparently exist. :)

careksims

jstevenson said:
Haven't heard anything on the maps for Japan PSN, following up with SCEI on that.

What is interesting for you guys is that I'm holding in my hand a US PSN Download card. Sony sent them out to folks with their Christmas card. Obviously I have no idea when they'll be deployed to retail, but they do apparently exist. :)

What the hell? Geeze! Get your act together with those cards! I rather want to use those than my credit card.

andycapps

jstevenson said:

Hmm... They need to hurry up and release those so I can put those on my Amazon wish list for the family back home to send me. Thanks for the info.

Ploid 3.0 said:
10-30-06

It's fun to read over this thread. Like going back into the past. "You loved it Bob. You even went a resistance tournament in NY!"
lol man thats an old post. For what its worth, I totally disagree with that preview now, Resistance plays nothing like Half Life 2 IMO, not at all. To me, it plays like Unreal Tournament, which is way better (relating to multiplayer). I'll be anticipating Resistance 2 more than just about anyone.

test_account

XP-39C²
I finished the single player campaign on medium difficulty earlier today (its the first time i finish it, i got my PS3 about 2 and a half weeks ago). Some parts was pretty frustrating since i kept on dying hehe. The game had a good length too. I also tried the multiplayer alittle, that is also fun :) Overall its a pretty sweet game i must say.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Nice to see this thread up on the main page. I haven't had much to talk about recently...

Hopefully over Christmas I can get some time in and we can get a big gang together for a night of Resistance.

JB1981

jstevenson said:
Nice to see this thread up on the main page. I haven't had much to talk about recently...

Hopefully over Christmas I can get some time in and we can get a big gang together for a night of Resistance.

Sure there's lots to talk about concerning Resistance 2 :)

Angelcurio

jstevenson said:

Lets hope that i could have the map pack 2 by that time as well :(

Damn you SCEJ >_>

Norml

Some nice pics.

6wz26oo.jpg

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=784

The Jer

- Taking a massive group photo on the steps by the manchester cathedral. reeeaaalll original. ;)

- A burning master chief. really threespeach? really?

-One of the players in on fire in that master chief shot (top right). lol

- should've used spectator mode for the pics. get rid of that HUD. tsk tsk.

- boy, i'm in a good mood today

Basch

Angelcurio said:
Lets hope that i could have the map pack 2 by that time as well :(

Damn you SCEJ >_>

I thought the PlayStation Store cards were available now. Am I wrong?

By the way I thought that group photo was... :lol Maybe, I'm too easy to please, but, yeah... :lol They should have taken the picture in spectator mode, though.

Basch

Oh, forgot to mention... My friends and I were playing Resistance a while ago, and they discovered some pretty humorous glitches. It was a lot like the one I got in that I reported earlier, but instead of dropping down, they soared up. Up and up out of the Hangar map entirely. Right through the roof: particularly the domes, I think. My friends were not overly descriptive about the ordeal. Once they got into the stratosphere, where all they could see was clouds, they could shoot anywhere along the horizontal axis and down, but not up. The shots they fired up would end up hitting themselves. Eventually, they would fall back down, roughly every minute or two, and while freefalling back to earth, if they hit the outside of anything on the map, except for the two dome structures, they would soar right back up where they were. Rinse; repeat. They had a little fun. Once they made it through one of the domes and landed safely in the interior, they were fine again. I do not know what caused the glitch. My friends were not very helpful on that part. :lol

Tntnnbltn

Only interesting glitch of note I came across was in the first level with the Stalker. The human AI were running around 3-4x their normal speed. They kept running round and round and round, flashing past the camera.

Oh, and once on co-op I fell into a metal locker. I was standing behind it for cover, when suddenly it appeared to loom up on me then disappear. My friend saw it on the other screen, and said my character randomly fell into the locker then reappeared standing on top of it.

Other than that, just the usual 'falling through the earth' and 'getting stuck in the ground and not being able to move' glitches.

Basch

Tntnnbltn said:
Only interesting glitch of note I came across was in the first level with the Stalker. The human AI were running around 3-4x their normal speed. They kept running round and round and round, flashing past the camera.

Oh, and once on co-op I fell into a metal locker. I was standing behind it for cover, when suddenly it appeared to loom up on me then disappear. My friend saw it on the other screen, and said my character randomly fell into the locker then reappeared standing on top of it.

Other than that, just the usual 'falling through the earth' and 'getting stuck in the ground and not being able to move' glitches.

:lol I wish they did that as an extra for Resistance 2 like Naughty Dog did for Uncharted. A fast mode would add some endless fun for me.

Another glitch that I found that was pretty funny was when I was in the Sommerset valley and gunning down all the Chimerans in those smallish-towers. I was moving fast, looking for any movement as I sprayed fire into the tower to supress the aggressors. Some were performing pincer attacks on my flanks. I continued to spray fire at the ones in the tower, hoping they would not give the final push. Then I noticed I had grenades. I threw them into the mess of bodies, and after three or so grenades picked off the enemies, I need only to worry about the flanks. I met them head-on and took out the enemies with my M5A2 Carbine. Then doing a complete 180, I took out the rest on the other side. I ran into the base, and finished off the laggers and jumped out. Then I stood in shock. There was one left, right on my radar (actually there was no radar, I lied; I forgot that Cartwright gave me the heads up by shooting at him forever :D ). So close. So very close. I paniced. I swiveled to my right and, low and behold, the lone Hybrid stared right back at me... And continued to stare, and stare, and stare. I surrounded him: tracing circles around him. He didn't move. He did not fire. He just stood there. He was pretending to hold a gun: there was none there. The only visible movement that could be registered was his calm breathing. Talk about scary. I couldn't kill him either. I hit him and hit him, but he would not drop. I gave him a host of new holes, but still he stood. So I left him. From then on, throughout the rest of the level, I could feel his watchful gaze. See, not all glitches are a bad thing. :D

andycapps

Basch said:
:lol I wish they did that as an extra for Resistance 2 like Naughty Dog did for Uncharted. A fast mode would add some endless fun for me.

Another glitch that I found that was pretty funny was when I was in the Sommerset valley and gunning down all the Chimerans in those smallish-towers. I was moving fast, looking for any movement as I sprayed fire into the tower to supress the aggressors. Some were performing pincer attacks on my flanks. I continued to spray fire at the ones in the tower, hoping they would not give the final push. Then I noticed I had grenades. I threw them into the mess of bodies, and after three or so grenades picked off the enemies, I need only to worry about the flanks. I met them head-on and took out the enemies with my M5A2 Carbine. Then doing a complete 180, I took out the rest on the other side. I ran into the base, and finished off the laggers and jumped out. Then I stood in shock. There was one left, right on my radar. So close. So very close. I paniced. I swiveled to my right and, low and behold, the lone Hybrid stared right back at me... And continued to stare, and stare, and stare. I surrounded him: tracing circles around him. He didn't move. He did not fire. He just stood there. He was pretending to hold a gun: there was none there. The only visible movement that could be registered was his calm breathing. Talk about scary. I couldn't kill him either. I hit him and hit him, but he would not drop. I gave him a host of new holes, but still he stood. So I left him. From then on, throughout the rest of the level, I could feel his watchful gaze. See, not all glitches are a bad thing. :D

You get so into Resistance it's almost...... cute. :lol Wow, if nothing else I'm very entertained whenever I read your posts on the game.

Basch

Angelcurio said:
This is the only glitch i have found so far in multiplayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHt5hyP0kXU

Oh, that is the one I was talking about. Except for me, it happened in Sommerset Gorge. Amazing how much that can scare the $hi+ out of you after an intense firefight. Not trying to be a smart... but, that video came from singleplayer. :D

In the last post I made, I had reported I saw the Chimeran on my radar, but I lied. I completely forgot there is no radar in singleplayer and that Cartwright would not stop shooting at him from in the Lynx: that is what gave me the heads up.

Basch

I got to play a little bit more of Resistance today, and I was wondering. What are the gnomes doing in the levels for? They don't do anything. You can shoot them, but they don't break. And it is not like you can kick 'em or anything for entertainment. :D

Basch said:
I got to play a little bit more of Resistance today, and I was wondering. What are the gnomes doing in the levels for? They don't do anything. You can shoot them, but they don't break. And it is not like you can kick 'em or anything for entertainment. :D

The gnomes keep the teddy bear company.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
A special holiday message from Eric Ellis --- there are also new bangles unlocked on MyResistance.Net - so if you've lusted after my skull belt for the past year, you can finally get it. :lol

This is the last news I have for you guys this year (I'm leaving for Nebraska in less than 24 hours). January is going to be an amazing month though... :D

Holiday season is here. That means a lot of different things to each of us, but one important thing it means for Insomniac is that over a year has passed since we shipped Resistance: Fall of Man. It also means we’ve been able to enjoy a great year growing and participating in our online community.

As the lead of the multiplayer team at Insomniac, I’d like to take a moment to let you all know how much we appreciate our players for making RFOM one of the best online experiences out there. Multiplayer only works with the support of its community, and we feel very lucky to have such a great group of fans and dedicated players who continue to make the Resistance online community such a success.

During the past year I and other Insomniacs have spent many hours online playing the game alongside the rest of you. Some of us display our Insomniac logos and others prefer to be a little less visible. In either case we do this because we want to experience the game as players, and so we can meet individuals and hear stories and experiences that we can use to make our games better. As igEricEllis (and a few other names), I’ve played over a thousand games during the last year and have met tons of people in the game. I’ve had lots of discussions via voicechat, text messaging, PSN, and MyResistance. And I’ve heard an overwhelming amount of praise and positive feedback, mixed with some great suggestions and occasional gripes.

So, in case you wondered, we do listen to you guys and we especially appreciate all the kind words. And, in keeping with the holiday spirit, we’re unlocking a big set of Cloven character customization bangles for all MyResistance members! To unlock them, sign in to myresistance.net, get the unlock codes on your profile page, and enter them on the soldier loadout screen in-game. Hope you enjoy them, and we look forward to sharing an even more awesome new year with everyone!

-Eric Ellis

Wollan

They launched their podcast (the first game dev to directly do so?).
They donate money to all kinds of niceties.
They release two AAA games within a year.
Constant patches and updates released with meaningful functionality.
They share development resources and guides.
Independent.

Dev of the year.

andycapps

Wollan said:
Independent.

Dev of the year.

I'll agree with that. Podcast is one of my favorites, too. It's up there with Kojima Productions Report and 1UP Yours. Can't wait for the next podcast when I'm guessing we'll hear about Resistance 2.

jstevenson said:
A special holiday message from Eric Ellis --- there are also new bangles unlocked on MyResistance.Net - so if you've lusted after my skull belt for the past year, you can finally get it. :lol

This is the last news I have for you guys this year (I'm leaving for Nebraska in less than 24 hours). January is going to be an amazing month though... :D

Holiday season is here. That means a lot of different things to each of us, but one important thing it means for Insomniac is that over a year has passed since we shipped Resistance: Fall of Man. It also means we’ve been able to enjoy a great year growing and participating in our online community.

As the lead of the multiplayer team at Insomniac, I’d like to take a moment to let you all know how much we appreciate our players for making RFOM one of the best online experiences out there. Multiplayer only works with the support of its community, and we feel very lucky to have such a great group of fans and dedicated players who continue to make the Resistance online community such a success.

During the past year I and other Insomniacs have spent many hours online playing the game alongside the rest of you. Some of us display our Insomniac logos and others prefer to be a little less visible. In either case we do this because we want to experience the game as players, and so we can meet individuals and hear stories and experiences that we can use to make our games better. As igEricEllis (and a few other names), I’ve played over a thousand games during the last year and have met tons of people in the game. I’ve had lots of discussions via voicechat, text messaging, PSN, and MyResistance. And I’ve heard an overwhelming amount of praise and positive feedback, mixed with some great suggestions and occasional gripes.

So, in case you wondered, we do listen to you guys and we especially appreciate all the kind words. And, in keeping with the holiday spirit, we’re unlocking a big set of Cloven character customization bangles for all MyResistance members! To unlock them, sign in to myresistance.net, get the unlock codes on your profile page, and enter them on the soldier loadout screen in-game. Hope you enjoy them, and we look forward to sharing an even more awesome new year with everyone!

-Eric Ellis
You guys are so humble :).

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200712/N07.1219.1540.51976.htm?Page=1

Don't get too excited just yet--this is a screen from Resistance: Fall of Man.

Ted Price, president and CEO, Insomniac Games:

"The end of Resistance: Fall of Man raised many questions about the fate of Nathan Hale. Those questions may ultimately be answered, but I can assure you the rabbit hole descends much further."

Damn I can't wait for Resistance 2 it's got to be one of my most anticipated games of 08. I hope there's vehicles in multi-player the stalker and tank were really fun, plus I'm sure there's some new vehicles you guys didn't have in the first game.

Too bad they didn't have Motorstorm 2 on that list.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:
Dev of the year.

Seriously.

OMG Resistance 2 news in January.
Who was that guy that was saying Res 2 would'nt make 2008? Mollan or Mullan, something like that.

:p

I can't believe Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are both coming next year!!! Hopefully they're spaced out and they don't both get released in the same time frame. Thats $120 bucks I gotta cough up!

But hey who am I kidding I'd buy both games if they released close together.

I gotta work on my game collection I don't want to have too many fps's I know I'm getting Uncharted on Christmas thats for sure! I need to buy Ratchet too, why haven't I yet :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:
Must have been Mullan. I don't trust that guy.

;)

anyway, these are the unlockables. The first two fit my virtual identity (PSN ID: Bloody_Marcel) pretty well :lol

Cloven Bloody Uniform
Cloven Bloody Head
Cloven Radio Backpack
Cloven Fannypack
Cloven Grenade Pouch
Cloven Knife
Cloven Binoculars
Cloven Shovel
Cloven Canteen
Cloven Pouches
Cloven Skulls
Cloven Jawbones

Can't check them now (kid is watching a Dvix on PSP via Remote Play - THE parents killer app I tell you!) but if someone could take some pictures...

Wollan said:
Independent.

Dev of the year.
+1

andycapps

InterMoniker said:
I can't believe Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are both coming next year!!! Hopefully they're spaced out and they don't both get released in the same time frame. Thats $120 bucks I gotta cough up!

But hey who am I kidding I'd buy both games if they released close together.

I gotta work on my game collection I don't want to have too many fps's I know I'm getting Uncharted on Christmas thats for sure! I need to buy Ratchet too, why haven't I yet :(

Next year may honestly give this year a run for the money as far as the sheer amount of AAA games that are coming out. MGS4, GTA4, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, GTA5, FF XIII (extremely doubtful), White Knight Story, Fable 2, etc..

Ploid 3.0

What is this?

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

I'm new to myresistance and I have no idea what SQL syntax is. I want the new skins :(.

I see this when I view my profile.

Top Bottom