• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Insomniac crew:

What's going to take to get mouse and keyboard support? ;)
And I'm highly disappointed that my Sennheiser USB headset for my PC does not work, I assume, for the PS3

Kittonwy

Banned
People feel free to message me if you need an extra body for an online match, I suck but at least you get somebody to shoot at. ~_~

mackaveli

im always on playing resistance. but i never play unranked matches cause all everyone does is throw grenades everywhere and its boring.

its hard to get into a ranked game with a clan since no one is on lol.

im always doing team ranked matches so i can get medals but too bad stats arent updating right now.

Sirolf

No problems with the site, LOTS of registrations going just fine. Are you using Firefox (what we recommend)? Clear your cache?

JS

Sorry to be late for my answer but thanks for the attention :)
It worked yesterday just fine...I tried to register for a week :lol

f@luS

More than a member.
Cant way to have my PS3 & resistance.

I really want a game with a big multi online...sweet , one week !

I beat this before Christmas and really enjoyed it, it's a very solid game. I think the single player could use a few more set pieces to jazz it up a bit, but overall it's paced well.

The key to the whole thing is the masterful way they handled the weapons, I used everyone of them and their secondary functions quite a bit (unlike most FPS games) and the way they distinguish and balance them is fantastic. I think the way they integrate all the weapons and their functions into the game is brilliant and is the real genius to take away from the game. Can't wait for the sequel.

Ranger X

I've played this game during my Christmas holidays and i'm really pleased! While it's not Gears of Wars in matter of visuals, i think the game is superior in quite every other aspects. I like the story, the visuals still are excellent and i like it when there's TONS of ennemis in a single player campaign like this.
Also -- holy shit -- 40 peeps online with ZERO LAG with a PERFECT 30 fps. I bow down to Insomniac it seems!!

JB1981

Talk about more people getting PS3s. There are so many more games available tonight. I think everyone who has a PS3 is playing this game. :lol

I really think by the Spring this game will have an enormous online following.

mackaveli

Safe Bet said:
..played tonight for the first time since the patch hit.

..as of now, I'm not a big fan of the 'weaker' weapons.

what weapons are weaker? ive played quite a bit online and i haven't noticed any difference with any of the guns.

Big-E

mackaveli said:
what weapons are weaker? ive played quite a bit online and i haven't noticed any difference with any of the guns.

In the change log i think they said that they tweaked a lot of the weapons down. The tweak I think was a minor one cause a lot of the weapons to me do the same damage. A sniper rifle still takes two body shots to drop someone. The only thing I noticed is the carbine and bullseye tend to take a fraction longer to kill people. The flamethrower is actually usefull now.

JB1981

I just realized you can add friends to your friend's list at myresistance.net (great site, btw).

Post your tags, guys. I'll add 'em.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
In general, weapons had their damage reduced. The flamethrower went up a lot against chimera (as originally intended). In reality, a lot of folk never used anything besides the starting weapons, so we wanted to change things up a tad.

I logged on for the first time tonight (family stuff, yo), and I thought it played just fine.

Also - updating you all on the stats stuff - the server got slammed and was backlogged, we think its fixed, but it may take a bit to process all the games that were backed up (you shouldn't lose any stats though!).

JS

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
JB1981 said:
I just realized you can add friends to your friend's list at myresistance.net (great site, btw).

Post your tags, guys. I'll add 'em.
Didnt notice that, thats pretty cool. Possible to send/check messages as well?

Wollan said:
I just re listened to this one. A really brilliant interview which everyone needs to listen to and it's up there with the best of interviews this year. Gamespots E3 MotorStorm interview, their E3 Warhammer interview as well as Gametrailers drunken interview with David Jaffe. It starts about 27minutes into it.

Wow, that interview was friggin' awesome. Really long, but it was interesting, informative, funny, and well conducted. Thanks for the link... which btw, should be this:

http://www.allgames.com/radio.asp?show=agi&ep=209

jstevenson said:
In general, weapons had their damage reduced. The flamethrower went up a lot against chimera (as originally intended). In reality, a lot of folk never used anything besides the starting weapons, so we wanted to change things up a tad.

I logged on for the first time tonight (family stuff, yo), and I thought it played just fine.

Also - updating you all on the stats stuff - the server got slammed and was backlogged, we think its fixed, but it may take a bit to process all the games that were backed up (you shouldn't lose any stats though!).

JS

Can you confirm that stats record if you complete a round in an infinite round game?

Big-E

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Can you confirm that stats record if you complete a round in an infinite round game?

I actually think it does cause I was playing a one hit kill all snipers and it was infinte rounds and I think in this game I was able to acquire the kill 20 people without dying medal. I don't remember ever being close to acquiring this in a non infinite rounds match.

Big-E said:
I actually think it does cause I was playing a one hit kill all snipers and it was infinte rounds and I think in this game I was able to acquire the kill 20 people without dying medal. I don't remember ever being close to acquiring this in a non infinite rounds match.

Well, for all intents and purposes, I KNOW they are recorded, as I've played infinite rounds matches and watched my stats go up (like a month ago, when they worked) but I just want it from the horse's mouth. Lots of people are convinced they don't count, and to be fair, they DO seem to be even more inconsistent.

mackaveli

i just found out today, if you make a party with people you can then join ranked team games and be on the same team. i never knew that so i guess if we have a gaf night with like 10 of us we can all be on the same team. i just had a 38/40 meltdown match and it was pretty fun it beats the 8 player team matches i usually get.

JB1981

mackaveli said:
i just found out today, if you make a party with people you can then join ranked team games and be on the same team. i never knew that so i guess if we have a gaf night with like 10 of us we can all be on the same team. i just had a 38/40 meltdown match and it was pretty fun it beats the 8 player team matches i usually get.

Yeah, I love that! You can also form your own little squad - like say, Tango squad - and can enjoy open mic chat. It's like having your own little private squad on a big battlefield.

Btw, there was actually a ranked meltdown match?

mackaveli

JB1981 said:
Yeah, I love that! You can also form your own little squad - like say, Tango squad - and can enjoy open mic chat. It's like having your own little private squad on a big battlefield.

Btw, there was actually a ranked meltdown match?

all of my recent team matches have been either meltdown or capture the flag. i get team deathmatch 1 out of 5 tries now. It used to be all the time the first day the patch came out.
but now i never get it.

mackaveli said:
all of my recent team matches have been either meltdown or capture the flag. i get team deathmatch 1 out of 5 tries now. It used to be all the time the first day the patch came out.
but now i never get it.

That's good news. I got Team DM 5 straight times the other night, thought the patch busted things up or something.

Another good thing about the party system is you can get an invite while you're still in a game now so you can just bail out and join up when everyone's ready. Before the patch it was tough rounding up fellow GAF folk because you'd have a few playing in one game, another in a different match, someone else playing a ranked game etc. So keep a heads up if you get a party invite.

teepo

i got this game for christmas and i have to admit that i'm enjoying it more then gears of war. can't wait to hop online.

Safe Bet

Banned
mackaveli said:
Most reviewers failed to notice that too which is funny because they actually got paid to, you know... play the game.

Big-E

JB1981 said:
It's not gonna happen. There's been one GAF game since the PS3 launched. No one plays. Trust me.

I think we all play its just at very different times. I have never seen you on.

Safe Bet

Banned
JB1981 said:
It's not gonna happen. There's been one GAF game since the PS3 launched. No one plays. Trust me.
Well...

White Man taking the Clan and then going AWOL kinda screwed things up a bit..

I'm still not sure what'as going on to be honest.

Can we all agree (or did we already?) that Kaching is the new Clan Leader?

patsu

Big-E said:
I think we all play its just at very different times. I have never seen you on.

That's right. I'm on at least once a day and I never see any of you. How many copies of Resistance have been sold ?

patsu said:
That's right. I'm on at least once a day and I never see any of you. How many copies of Resistance have been sold ?

65-70k or so in November, if I recall, but there are A LOT more people playing the past week or so. There used to be like five or six CTF and TD games at any give time, and now there are at least 20 TD at all hours of the night, Ranked matches are much easier to find and you actually get a lot of people in them instead of 3 vs 3 and such.

I've seen GAF people once... on some lame infinite round/ammo match on rooftops. Big E was in there, as well as two other people but I can't recall their names. This was like 3 weeks ago, when my stats were actually updating, and I was whoring out all the kills I could get :lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Safe Bet said:
Can we all agree (or did we already?) that Kaching is the new Clan Leader?
I think of myself more as the clan secretary, honestly. Based on the responses I got to the thread I started in the online forum, it looks like we've got people who play at all different times. The most overlap was maybe on Tuesdays or Saturdays in the evenings. This weekend might not be a bad one to see how much of the clan we can get into some matches together. Saturday night, or maybe sometime on Monday since more people may be free that day because of the holiday.

anyway, back to my secratarial duties - sending out clan invites for a few more people tonight - AltogetherAndrews, GAzerk, etc.

Wollan

Maybe you should set two times, one on Tuesday night and one on Saturdays. Not that people have to show up but having two set periods for the week might draw people. Just pick them and then you can adjust accordingly later.

I'm updating the main page with Kaching as the clan manager. If you want in on the US NeoGAF clan he's your man to pm.

Top Bottom