• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Not to sound like an ass, but SP Hard isn't really giving me that much trouble. There are several instances that give me trouble (those Chimera dog-type things aren't fun), but overall it isn't too bad. But just so you know, I never play a game on normal or lower the first time through...just want a challenge.

EDIT: I would also like a recommendation for a headset if possible.

I've started to replay the game on Hard (and plan to move on to Superhuman) to unlock the Black Ops skin in multiplayer... and Hard is going easier than normal did my first time through. Way easier. I'm so much better at the game now it isn't funny.

JB1981 said:
I'm TERRIBLE with the sniper in MP. I think maybe I have ... 5 .. kills with it. Just feels so unwieldy compared to other FPS snipers.

It is one of the best weapons in the game now. Before the patch, when you spawned randomly all over the place, it was nearly unusable. It's INCREDIBLE now. Especially on a level like the U.S.S. Lexington. The sniper dominates that level. It isn't even hard. All you have to do is position yourself at one end of the ship (top level) and adjust the sight to be head-level of your enemy. Strafe back and forth and pull the trigger when someone runs by. It really is that easy. As with most things, even on levels where it isn't so easy... do the absolutely MINIMUM amount of adjusting with the right analog stick and try to do most of it with the left analog... will increase your accuracy a ton (with all weapons, not just the sniper)... and also try to get people to run into your sights...

lunlunqq

for those of you who have trouble with the automatic weapon change when you pick up a new gun. you can disable it in option such that you won't be forced to change to the new weapon after you pick it up. alternatively, you can set it to change_when_it's_a_better_weapon option. it works perfectly for me.

rs7k

Guys, add me to your friends list. The name is GAFrs7k. I'll be on and off today until the hockey game (7PM EST).

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
lunlunqq said:
for those of you who have trouble with the automatic weapon change when you pick up a new gun. you can disable it in option such that you won't be forced to change to the new weapon after you pick it up. alternatively, you can set it to change_when_it's_a_better_weapon option. it works perfectly for me.
Yup, I wouldnt have it any other way. That really annoyed me when I kept picking up the dragon..

Oneself

My Arms Your Hearse said:
I've started to replay the game on Hard (and plan to move on to Superhuman) to unlock the Black Ops skin in multiplayer... and Hard is going easier than normal did my first time through. Way easier. I'm so much better at the game now it isn't funny.

Yeah, it starts quite "easy" on hard once you've beaten the normal difficulty, but I garantee you'll die a lot more often later in the game. I'm later in the game, and I die a lot.:D

Kittonwy

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
Yup, I wouldnt have it any other way. That really annoyed me when I kept picking up the dragon..

Yeah, that's the setting I chose. The dragon is kind of useless in my hands, because I suck with it. ~_~

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Kittonwy said:
Yeah, that's the setting I chose. The dragon is kind of useless in my hands, because I suck with it. ~_~
It's alright in team deathmatch when you are a human. You can take plenty of chimera out with it (especially with alt fire if you time it right). But I normally play regular deathmatch so I'd rather use the bullseye, shotgun, auger, or carbine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't believe you guys actually play this game... (Europe)

How does this game run in 40-man-battles? And are they fun? What's the most entertaining mode? How balanced is the game? Are the lots of cheaters? Does the framerate go down (from 30)?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Seiken said:
I can't believe you guys actually play this game... (Europe)

How does this game run in 40-man-battles? perfect?
And are they fun? very
What's the most entertaining mode? deathmatch/breach = my current favs
How balanced is the game? very
Are the lots of cheaters? none, atleast in my experience
Does the framerate go down (from 30)? no, atleast in my experience
:) Then again, I'm not in europe.

Well, I know I'm not that great at this game, but hard really feels hard. Enemies take many more hits before they fall, and their weapons inflict more damage. Of course, I like to snipe, but you only have 12 bullets at a time.

I just know the last set of levels will suck.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks a lot Bad_Boy!

Oh, and for everyone else playing Resistance... you know, we in Europe like pictures ; ).

WasabiKing said:
Well, I know I'm not that great at this game, but hard really feels hard. Enemies take many more hits before they fall, and their weapons inflict more damage. Of course, I like to snipe, but you only have 12 bullets at a time.

Hard is definitely worthy of the name, especially if it's your first time through. Not only are the hit points skewed on both sides of the barrel, but I noticed playing on normal for a bit that on that on hard they really place the enemies in a lot more flank happy positions. One early example is in York when you're headed down an abandoned street toward a couple Chimera barricaded behind some cars. On normal it's a face to face battle. On hard they have two more Chimera run down the street behind you while you're attention is focused down the road. Bastards!

I'm glad I started on hard though. You're constantly on your toes, you have to be extra conscious of your ammo and you really have to get the most out of your arsenal depending on the situation. I haven't even tried Superhuman yet, anyone beat it?

number386

^ I beat it on superhuman, you get the black ops multiplayer skin as a reward. I been playing all day I just went like 35-5 on my last team deathmatch game. It's also hilarious how a lot of people dont know to shake the controller when their on fire. I saw a teammate in front of me running around on fire until he died. :lol I couldn't say anything because I dont have a mic yet.

Is anyone up for some games tonight? My PSN is GummadoonKnight.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
WasabiKing said:

I just know the last set of levels will suck.

Backlash grenade is your BEST friend. But yeah, there are some tough spots here and there at that difficutly level and above.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Hard is definitely worthy of the name, especially if it's your first time through. Not only are the hit points skewed on both sides of the barrel, but I noticed playing on normal for a bit that on that on hard they really place the enemies in a lot more flank happy positions. One early example is in York when you're headed down an abandoned street toward a couple Chimera barricaded behind some cars. On normal it's a face to face battle. On hard they have two more Chimera run down the street behind you while you're attention is focused down the road. Bastards!

I gotta double check this, but I think those two guys show up at Normal too. The fact is that it only happens when you investigate the direction they come from so maybe you did it while playing on Hard and not on Normal?

EDIT: still no news about the JPN patch/unified servers? :/

Remy

If the 10PM is still happening, I'm definitely down. PSN account is RemyVJA. Hope someone will be kind enough to toss me an invite.

Charging up the headset I just bought. Whee-ha.

lunlunqq said:

That isn't what I'm talking about. I don't want to carry around weapons that I have already picked up on accident because they cause a delay in switching between weapons I do actually care about.

number386

I'm ready too, PSN: GummadoonKnight

Let's start adding each other and create a GAF party.

Edit: LOL, I'm not sure how to add people, any help?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Sorry just got back kinda late, gonna go join now. Is the server up? If not I guess I'll make one.

Add Bad_Boy on your resistance buddy list for the new guys. :)

GGs tonight. BigE was f'n me up with that sniper rifle, heh.

I've been having a lot trouble with the voice chat. My old ass SOCOM headset registers my voice in the system menu, but in games it only seems to work half the time. Sometimes the icon won't show up when I hit L3. I've stepped on the thing about 15 times so I wouldn't be surprised if it's busted, but I was thinking it might be a router problem. Is anyone forwarding ports for voice chat?

Big-E

Good game all who played and man the Lexington has become a snipers paradise, so much fun :D

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
GGs tonight. BigE was f'n me up with that sniper rifle, heh.

I've been having a lot trouble with the voice chat. My old ass SOCOM headset registers my voice in the system menu, but in games it only seems to work half the time. Sometimes the icon won't show up when I hit L3. I've stepped on the thing about 15 times so I wouldn't be surprised if it's busted, but I was thinking it might be a router problem. Is anyone forwarding ports for voice chat?

Sorry about that :lol . I was also using the SOCOM headset and getting the exact same problem you describe. Whenever my headset seems to work it isnt effected by the talk button, its on all the time. Like you I would like a potential solution and also if anyone can recomend any headsets they know work perfect.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Those ranked team deathmatch games were the most fun I had tonight. Hunting the enemy down in packs sure did wonders for my survival rate. :)

huka, I'm not doing anything special on my router for voice chat. Then again, I'm not particularly sure how well my own headset is working since people who can respond seem so sporadic.

For future clan meetups, I think we should agree on a squad we'll all switch to as soon as the game starts, so we can be open mic.

Kaching you seemed to come in pretty clear whenever your handle popped up. Open mic in the squad definitely seems more consistent though.

I guess I'm gonna have to get a new headset. Are there any good usb headsets for a decent price or should I go bluetooth?

kaching said:
Those ranked team deathmatch games were the most fun I had tonight. Hunting the enemy down in packs sure did wonders for my survival rate. :)

Yeah I wasn't a big Team DM fan before the patch but it's been pretty damn fun with the tweaked spawns. You get some great shootouts now.

patsu

Big-E said:
Good game all who played and man the Lexington has become a snipers paradise, so much fun :D

Oh shit, so everyone's gonna pump bullets into my head when I am on the deck. I'm one of those face-me-like-a-real-man guys. :p

So, is anyone but me having MASSIVE issues with the game freezing now? On all maps?

I think my PS3 might be ****ed. Good thing I have a warranty.

Actually, just confirmed with a friend in the same game... it isn't me. It is the game/their servers. The game I was just in doesn't even exist anymore. This is a pretty serious issue.

Big-E

My Arms Your Hearse said:
So, is anyone but me having MASSIVE issues with the game freezing now? On all maps?

I think my PS3 might be ****ed. Good thing I have a warranty.

Actually, just confirmed with a friend in the same game... it isn't me. It is the game/their servers. The game I was just in doesn't even exist anymore. This is a pretty serious issue.

After all my time playing Resistance my game has only frozen once and it came after the patch so you might be on to something.

AltogetherAndrews said:
I should be around, assuming that kid of mine sleeps like she is supposed to.

id: PoisonMarket

Had a match against you earlier. Grimsby Team Deathmatch to 5000. You were human and I was Chimera (Beren). I totally raped your team with the shotgun for about 103 kills <3

Incidentally, the next game froze halfway through :lol

Which is a shame because the room thinned out considerably and I was REALLY racking up the kills and now they're all totally lost :/

Big-E said:
After all my time playing Resistance my game has only frozen once and it came after the patch so you might be on to something.

I've actually played with you as well, though it was like a month ago when my stats were actually updating and I was whoring out infinite ammo matches to take advantage of it. Was on rooftops with some other [GAF] people actually but I can't recall their names.

Good games. I had fun, though I didn't really play top notch seeing as how I was trying to beat the campaign on hard (devoted most of yesterday to it and I'm still not done) and my gaming slowly started to fall apart because it got so hard. Yeah, that last half of the game seems almost impossible sometimes...I'm scared about Superhuman.

GAZERK said:
Good games. I had fun, though I didn't really play top notch seeing as how I was trying to beat the campaign on hard (devoted most of yesterday to it and I'm still not done) and my gaming slowly started to fall apart because it got so hard. Yeah, that last half of the game seems almost impossible sometimes...I'm scared about Superhuman.

Superhuman is quite difficult but it's not that bad if you take it slowly, use lots of cover, and make good use of all the (new) weapons you're given.

Top Bottom