• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
It certainly does. After beating normal on my regular home-theater-in-a-box crapola I got five years ago and playing hard with my new HDMI receiver and speakers...its like playing a totally different game. :lol

AltogetherAndrews said:
... the hell? Now my stats are at zero (Private), and most of my ribbons and medals are gone. What's going on here? Oh well... any GAF games planned for tonight? I should have some time around 7-8 eastern.

This has happened periodically sine the game game came out, though they said it wouldn't happen anymore with the patch. Everything will return to the way it was.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hi everyone,

We’re deploying an update to the servers this afternoon outside of the usual 5am-7am PST maintenance period. During this update, players may be disconnected from the game servers. We wanted to inform you of the possible service outage in advance so that you could plan accordingly.

We’ll provide more info about this situation as soon as we have it.

Thanks for your continued support,
Insomniac Games

chubigans said:
It certainly does. After beating normal on my regular home-theater-in-a-box crapola I got five years ago and playing hard with my new HDMI receiver and speakers...its like playing a totally different game. :lol

Ah, Chubigans! Are you going to be joining the GAF games?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Big-E said:
Your stats are already too good.
You gonna make me blush. :D

But seriously, there are much better players than me. Like you and bobthefork for example. All I got to show is rank. :lol

Big-E

Bad_Boy said:
You gonna make me blush. :D

But seriously, there are much better players than me. Like you and bobthefork for example. All I got to show is rank. :lol

Its the rank I want :lol . Ive been Sergeant Major of the Army for a month.

GAZERK said:
I know what you mean. There's alot of people saying Resistance is just an "average" FPS and they've only gotten through the first couple of levels and then quit. This game is so underrated. Some reviewers claim that the story is rather plain, but Insomniac actually made the story quite deep if you ask me. Plus, the game is so detailed (I mean, c'mon, when the morse code that the Black Ops corpses produce during the single player ACTUALLY mean something, that's pretty crazy).

Also, to sprint you just tap L2.

I used to judge lots of games by Gamerankings' overall average. But now, I see that it's too saturated with sites and magazines that are biased and have horrible reviewers. Resistance's average is 89%. WTF? I'm not saying it should have 95% or better (although I personally would give 9.5 out of 10), but an average of 89% for Resistance is ridiculous.

Underrated is an understatement when referring to Resistance, lol. It only got 1 100% score, while Gears got 22. 22! WTF? And Gears and Zelda have an overall average of 94% and 95% respectively. Not that Gears and Zelda aren't great games (because they are), but Resistance getting 5-6% lower than them makes me see that most reviewers and critics have lost a lot of their credibility when deciding how good a game is these days.

Smokey

chubigans said:

Ah good to see ol chubs from the PS3GB over here in these neck of the woods...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Big-E said:
Its the rank I want :lol . Ive been Sergeant Major of the Army for a month.

GAZERK said:
Hah, stop flattering each other:lol

And I've got you beat, I've been private forever it seems like.
We need to play more ranked servers with GAF parties. We owned the whole server when we last played. It was like "[GAF]_name_" In the top 6 spots. :D

Safe Bet

Banned
Just got out of a ranked game...

I had six teammates...

Not one of them had a mic...

Not a mother****ing one...

I find more people with mics playing PS2 games. What in the hell is going on? :|

Seriously...

I'd join you guys, but I really really suck right now. (Hey, I just got my PS3 yesterday) Don't want to drag the real killers down. It took me two games before I got my first kill in ranked play.

I'm going to try and find some skills in single-player over the next couple days. Then I'll go get slaughtered again.

PSN name is HijoDelLocoRoco. Say "Hi" when you kill me sometime!

:D

bud

Safe Bet said:

I had six teammates...

I find more people with mics playing PS2 games. What in the hell is going on? :|

Seriously...

It probably would have been better if they had packed in mics with it like they did with Socom. But then again, maybe they're saving that for Socom 4.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ugh, I have to go buy a mic too?? There's really none in the PS3 box? Sheesh! PS3 is making me poor.

See you guys online tomorrow.

Kittonwy

Banned
Safe Bet said:

I had six teammates...

Seriously...

I have a mic plugged into my PS3 (before I had to pack it away this week due to renovation at my place, which is getting repainted and recarpeted), and most of the time I just don't feel like yapping. It's a shooter, what am I supposed to say? Like "you are teh pwn3d-wown3d!!!" everytime I cap someone?
Indifferent2.gif

KTallguy

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I have a mic plugged into my PS3 (before I had to pack it away this week due to renovation at my place, which is getting repainted and recarpeted), and most of the time I just don't feel like yapping. It's a shooter, what am I supposed to say? Like "you are teh pwn3d-wown3d!!!" everytime I cap someone?
Indifferent2.gif

Well, everyone is complaining how it lacks community elements like Xbox live... so ... ?

JdFoX187

Banned
Bought this game with my PS3 today. The controls are fishy, but I've been used to Xbox shooter controls for years. Going to take some getting use to.

Safe Bet

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I have a mic plugged into my PS3 and most of the time I just don't feel like yapping. It's a shooter, what am I supposed to say? Like "you are teh pwn3d-wown3d!!!" everytime I cap someone?
No..

I just want you to join a squad so I can spawn next to you.

;)

JB1981

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

Teammates have to communicate in objective-based games like Meltdown or Breach. I mean, what's the point of playing a game type like that if you're only out for yourself? I personally don't like it's-all-about-my-kill-count games like Deathmatch. You certainly don't have to chat it up in the middle of a heated gun battle, but it definitely helps a team win when people call things out and attempt some kind of strategy.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
JdFoX187 said:
Bought this game with my PS3 today. The controls are fishy, but I've been used to Xbox shooter controls for years. Going to take some getting use to.
I was used to the xbox controls as well but you will definitely get used to it. Finish the game and go to multiplayer and you will not even think twice about the control. Its nice that it's lightweight as well as I forget it is even there.

noonche

GAF matches sound pretty cool, how do I go about getting in on them? My psn id is: Alske. Can any of you recommend a good (and cheap) wireless headset?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
In deathmatch, or even team deathmatch I probably wont use my mic. It's more annoying than helpful IMO.

But breach or meltdown I'll take out the mic and chat it up.

Thing is, I probably play more ranked deathmatch than anything, I feel I get better rank stats going solo unless I'm in a party.

JB1981

JdFoX187 said:

I totally changed the default controls.

I have triangle for gun select
square for reload
circle for nade throws
R1 for primary fire
R2 for secondary fire
L1 for crouch/sprint
X for jump
L2 for melee
L3 for voice chat

JB1981 said:
I totally changed the default controls.

I have triangle for gun select
square for reload
circle for nade throws
R1 for primary fire
R2 for secondary fire
L1 for crouch/sprint
X for jump
L2 for melee
L3 for voice chat

I have mine setup the same, except with primary being R2 and secondary being R1. I find this to be a great setup.

Safe Bet said:

I had six teammates...

Seriously...

LOL, that sucks. This is one of the biggest problems with Resistance/PS3 right now. And it's not really the game/console's fault. It's Sony and players' fault. Like everyone says, once SOCOM IV comes out, this problem will most likely be solved.

But as of now, people without mics outnumber those that has one... by a lot in Resistance. I guess it's good cuz I hate it when people breathe into the mic non-stop. Oh, and I hate having to press L3 to talk during a game (non-squad).

Crackerman16 said:
I used to judge lots of games by Gamerankings' overall average. But now, I see that it's too saturated with sites and magazines that are biased and have horrible reviewers. Resistance's average is 89%. WTF? I'm not saying it should have 95% or better (although I personally would give 9.5 out of 10), but an average of 89% for Resistance is ridiculous.

Underrated is an understatement when referring to Resistance, lol. It only got 1 100% score, while Gears got 22. 22! WTF? And Gears and Zelda have an overall average of 94% and 95% respectively. Not that Gears and Zelda aren't great games (because they are), but Resistance getting 5-6% lower than them makes me see that most reviewers and critics have lost a lot of their credibility when deciding how good a game is these days.

I totally agree with you. Gears and Zelda are good games, but they haven't hooked me like Resistance has...it's worthy of a 9.5 for sure.

And we do need to play some more ranked matches. I think we won every match (excluding the matches we played agianst each other). So when's the next night?

alske said:
GAF matches sound pretty cool, how do I go about getting in on them? My psn id is: Alske. Can any of you recommend a good (and cheap) wireless headset?

Motorola H300. It's only like 40 bucks at bestbuy.

Got a paltry stat update today of about 800 kills and 250 assists... hard to tell with some of the other stuff. I got five sniper ribbons!!!! I'm only missing like 1,995 now. EXP seems wonky too because I barely got any even with the update. I'm at about 8,200 kills now, and just looking at the ribbons I've been gaining in ranked matches now that I play them some and thinking about how I've been playing in unranked I'd estimate I'm probably around 15k kills now and I seriously doubt I'll ever get credit for even a fourth of that :/

At least something seems to have happened. My progress the previous two weeks consisted of 100 kills per week with a 50 exp increase. So at least this was a bit larger.

I also don't understand why half the ribbons track perfectly (I guess, maybe they are still behind too, but they seem to be) while the other half ( melee kills and sniper ribbons seem to be the worst offenders) barely track at all.

CloudV

So, I got my PS3 this week and picked up Resistance. Can anyone post the US new campaign save? Could also use some people to play with (and RR7 as well) please give me a PM or something, I need to get some psn buddies, any jgaffers on?

CloudV said:
So, I got my PS3 this week and picked up Resistance. Can anyone post the US new campaign save? Could also use some people to play with (and RR7 as well) please give me a PM or something, I need to get some psn buddies, any jgaffers on?
You really should post in the PSN ID thread, and I'm sure people will add you.

Safe Bet

Banned
Thank you Insomniac!

Looks like stats are working again...

Haven't seen how well they 'track' yet, but they've been updated.

patsu

lunlunqq said:
:D :D :D :D

that was a nice long resistance session with you guys, except for a few broken meltdown games...

lunlunqq, you are a god or something ? How can you *%&**@@# rake up 27 kills in one of the games when everyone else in the team scored 9 or fewer ?

Thanks for the session. I know the other team-based game types better now. I was thinking for Meltdown, some teams seem to gather together about X minutes before the end and charge from 1 node to the other. That way they don't have to spare extra resources guarding the captured nodes.

Also even after I joined team Tango, I don't seem to spawn beside you guys. The menu always say press ^ to spawn and I end up right at the beginning. :(

JB1981

Safe Bet said:
Thank you Insomniac!

Looks like stats are working again...

Haven't seen how well they 'track' yet, but they've been updated.

I need to check mine out now. Hope they updated *fingers crossed*

JB1981

patsu said:
lunlunqq, you are a god or something ? How can you *%&**@@# rake up 27 kills in one of the games when everyone else in the team scored 9 or fewer ?

Thanks for the session. I know the other team-based game types better now. I was thinking for Meltdown, some teams seem to gather together about X minutes before the end and charge from 1 node to the other. That way they don't have to spare extra resources guarding the captured nodes.

Also even after I joined team Tango, I don't seem to spawn beside you guys. The menu always say press ^ to spawn and I end up right at the beginning. :(

If you're in a squad, you can respawn near that squad by pressing square instead of triangle.

Top Bottom