• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Have they added the functionality where you can do ingame invites to anybody in your friends list in the XMB?

Safe Bet

Banned
Anyone else notice the 'text' that occasionally pop ups during the single-player portion of the game?

Can't remember exactly what they said, but it was something to do with 'experience points' if I'm not mistaken...

Anyone know what the hell that means?

Maybe I should read the instrction manual...

;)

Got about 400 more kills this morning and about 15 sniper ribbons. EXP still seems totally wonky. I've gotten about 1200 kills the past day and like... 900 exp maybe. This isn't even including some heavy updates to my official stats.

Also, just by looking at a friend's stats that recently started playing... they aren't updating yet. Seems all these stats are from some time ago.

Safe Bet said:
Can't remember exactly what they said, but it was something to do with 'experience points' if I'm not mistaken...
Press start, select extras, then select Skill Points. This occurs when you satisfy certain conditions in-game. This has been present other Insomniac games like Ratchet & Clank.

Safe Bet said:
Anyone else notice the 'text' that occasionally pop ups during the single-player portion of the game?

Anyone know what the hell that means?

Maybe I should read the instrction manual...

;)

I would imagine it was the unlocking of some skill points.

lunlunqq

patsu said:
lunlunqq, you are a god or something ? How can you *%&**@@# rake up 27 kills in one of the games when everyone else in the team scored 9 or fewer ?

Thanks for the session. I know the other team-based game types better now. I was thinking for Meltdown, some teams seem to gather together about X minutes before the end and charge from 1 node to the other. That way they don't have to spare extra resources guarding the captured nodes.

Also even after I joined team Tango, I don't seem to spawn beside you guys. The menu always say press ^ to spawn and I end up right at the beginning. :(

hehe, that's my style. i always like to rush to the enemies by myself. so i usually have either very good games or very bad ones.

EXP definitely not updating correctly or in as timely a manner as the stats (which are still going pretty slow to be honest). It just gave me another 100 kills and some ribbons and my EXP didn't move an inch.

My Arms Your Hearse said:
EXP definitely not updating correctly or in as timely a manner as the stats (which are still going pretty slow to be honest). It just gave me another 100 kills and some ribbons and my EXP didn't move an inch.

I've been playing for 2 weeks. For the official status it says I have played 2 games, and 0 for unofficial. WTF?

Seems like it recorded my first two games, and that's it.

Are the stats working at all for anyone else right now?

Edit: The only thing it seems to be recording is Ribbons.

I just got another 400 kills with no EXP :/ Hopefully it will catch up. I recall when the game first came out it would often record kills but you wouldn't get the EXP until much later... perhaps this is the case here as well.

Just by tracking when it gives me sniper medals I can tell they still owe me many thousands of kills (I've gotten about 2k today)

Big-E

Good game Safe Bet. I just played a CTF and has it always been that you can't score unless you possess your own flag? Of the little ctf that I have played I thought that was not the case. Literally, for 10 mins I was in my base doing nothing while the opposing flag carrier was in his base doing nothing cause we couldnt score. I hope the stats update soon cause this is getting kind of weird.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Big-E said:
Good game Safe Bet. I just played a CTF and has it always been that you can't score unless you possess your own flag? Of the little ctf that I have played I thought that was not the case. Literally, for 10 mins I was in my base doing nothing while the opposing flag carrier was in his base doing nothing cause we couldnt score. I hope the stats update soon cause this is getting kind of weird.

It has always been that way.

JS

JB1981

If there's some Gaffers on, I might join since none of my Xbox Live friends seem to want to play with me at the moment :(

JdFoX187

Banned
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong here if somebody could help me out. I've been playing off and on since I bought the game yesterday. The only thing that's updated on my Character Sheet has been three of the three kill medals. Though I played one game last night where I had five snipers and a bunch of headshot kills. I heard the stats were taking longer to upload, but is it taking this long? It still shows I have zero kills and zero games played.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
JB1981 said:
Does the Gripshift demo have an online component, and can you play with friends?

The GripShift demo doesn't have online multiplayer, although high scores from the demo do get logged on the "full version" online leaderboards.

theBishop

Banned
Mario said:
The GripShift demo doesn't have online multiplayer, although high scores from the demo do get logged on the "full version" online leaderboards.

Hey Mario, since you're in the Resistance thread, what do you think about the gimped buddy list? Do you expect future games to use the XMB Friends List properly?

Treo360

Hey JS, I'm still a bit curious as to why Hale has Cpt.'s bars on his collar as opposed to Sgt stripes. Was he originally intended to be a Cpt?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
theBishop said:
Hey Mario, since you're in the Resistance thread, what do you think about the gimped buddy list? Do you expect future games to use the XMB Friends List properly?

Its unfortunate, but to be expected given it was a retail launch title (development libraries approaching launch are not always where you need them to be, especially with retail lead times).

I don't expect it to be much of a problem for titles from here on in, excepting those that have been in code/feature lockdown for a while.

theBishop

Banned
Mario said:
Its unfortunate, but to be expected given it was a retail launch title (development libraries approaching launch are not always where you need them to be, especially with retail lead times).

I don't expect it to be much of a problem for titles from here on in, excepting those that have been in code/feature lockdown for a while.

that's good. I was so relieved playing Ridge Racer for the first time and seeing my friend's list show up.

next on the wishlist: a unified way of sending invites

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Treo360 said:
Hey JS, I'm still a bit curious as to why Hale has Cpt.'s bars on his collar as opposed to Sgt stripes. Was he originally intended to be a Cpt?

Heh, funny that you noticed. Those bars aren't actually captain bars in our universe, every US soldier in the game has them on their collar (gotta love the game being in a different universe!).

But I do remember a couple frantic e-mails when we were close to gold about those bars when someone noticed them on Hale.

JS

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Finally got it up and running, can some ppl list id's or add me (TigerHeli). Was online, pretty awesome but chaotic!

CloudV

Can someone please post the US New Campaign save? I read in another thread that it was here. I have a JP PS3 and would like to have the hero stuff and what not, but I am not sure how to go about it. Any help would be appreciated

djkimothy

Okay, so I just got this game and played the first two chapters of the campaign and a few MP matches.

I must say WOW. I haven't been this into a FPS since Marathon Infinity. Multiplayer is nice, even over Wifi, no lag or framrate drops (looking at you Socom).

Is the single player campaign worth it? Cause the multiplayer is just so addicting. Love the 40 player action.

If anybody is up for some online play just msg me! Though I don't have a proper mic yet. Will look into a BlueTooth headset.

djkimothy said:
Okay, so I just got this game and played the first two chapters of the campaign and a few MP matches.

I must say WOW. I haven't been this into a FPS since Marathon Infinity. Multiplayer is nice, even over Wifi, no lag or framrate drops (looking at you Socom).

Is the single player campaign worth it? Cause the multiplayer is just so addicting. Love the 40 player action.

If anybody is up for some online play just msg me! Though I don't have a proper mic yet. Will look into a BlueTooth headset.

Did you get your pants (from the thread you made 2 days ago)?
Good thing you listened to all the GAFers who told you to get Resistance, eh?
Resistance > pants...

And yes, definitely play campaign mode. If you think you're a pretty good player already, play it on Hard then Superhuman. Otherwise, Normal, then Hard. I also ignored campaign mode at first, only playing a bit of it, focusing most of my playtime on online MP. But once I played campaign, I realized this is truly a 2 headed beast of a game.

Wollan

I took an hour and went through this thread and gathered all clearly posted nicks upto this post for the US players (I think there are only just around three Japan ones posted in the week before US release):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
mackaveli - mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind

Kinda ot but for those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Kittonwy

Banned
I was on earlier today but I can't find anyone. So I played some ranked games, I can't seem to get more kills than deaths, it's pretty much 4k/4d every damn round. T_T

Z_Y

Wow. Nice job, Wollan. That took a lot of effort and is much appreciated. For the record, I am no longer Great Poster on NeoGAF. I decided to change my screename so it reflects my PSN ID and XBL Gamertag (Z Y) to make things easier around here. I'd like to get in on some Resistance action soon!

Thanks! :)

Wollan

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Naughty Dog and Insomniac used to share engines (jak/ratchet). Any chance that ND will make a FPS using this engine?

They shared some code (took a look) between R&C1 and J&D1 but not much after that. SCEWWS have great focus on sharing tech this gen and as far as I've read Insomniac has sniffed on some of that Sony love this time as well (though still remaining independent and doing all themselves).

Naughty Dog pride themselves in pretty much doing everything from scratch as well (even if they do share a lot more this time) so you won't see the Resistance engine or any other Insomniac engine being used by them or visa versa. And personally I don't think they are doing a fps (my guess is that they are working on another J&D game besides their Bermuda Triangle game).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Nice job, Wollan. I'm gonna add... EVERYONE... does a USB keyboard work with the PS3? Don't know why it wouldn't, but I don't have one to try.

Hmm. I guess the infinite ammo isn't all bad, as it was actually kind of fun in the Meltdown game I just played. Seems more acceptable in smaller games.

commish said:
Nice job, Wollan. I'm gonna add... EVERYONE... does a USB keyboard work with the PS3? Don't know why it wouldn't, but I don't have one to try.

Should work

JB1981

Isn't tonight Resistance night? I know it's Saturday and all but I'm home doing nothing and wanna get a Gaf clan together. Post here if you wanna play.

Top Bottom