• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Safe Bet

Banned
djkimothy said:
OK OK, here's my new setup with some rearranging.

QUOTE]Nice...

Safe Bet

Banned
theBishop said:
people better have mics for this. otherwise, there isn't much point in organizing all of this.
..as long as people without mics understand the need to join a squad at the start of each match, we should be ok.

I have a question about mics...do we have to connect the mic to the system each time before going online or can we simply just turn on the headset and then head online?

theBishop

Banned
GAZERK said:
I have a question about mics...do we have to connect the mic to the system each time before going online or can we simply just turn on the headset and then head online?

once you've paired your bluetooth mic with the PS3 in the "Audio Devices" section, you're good to go. Just turn it on, and that's it.

I haven't used a USB headset, so i can't help you with that.

theBishop said:
once you've paired your bluetooth mic with the PS3 in the "Audio Devices" section, you're good to go. Just turn it on, and that's it.

I haven't used a USB headset, so i can't help you with that.

I have a bluetooth, it's just difficult to get it to connect sometimes. Usually I have to go back to system settings (audio devices) and wait for the mic to connect. Maybe I just need to read the directions agian. I'm not used to using a headset that only had one button for about five different things.

theBishop

Banned
Now that they are using L3 as the "Send" button for voice chat, is there a way to toggle it between "Push to speak" and the previous volume-threshold method?

Since Bluetooth headsets don't usually have a mute button, its good to be able to turn it off when you don't want people to hear you. But at the same time, i don't always want to press a button just to say "Yeah" or "OK".

theBishop

Banned
djkimothy said:
I have a mic, but it's the old USB wired PS2 headset. And from my setup, kinda damn inconvenient. I'll see how it plays out.

it'll work. obviously, wireless would be better, but your setup isn't exactly "optimal" as it is anyway.

(no offense)

lunlunqq

just ran out and purchased a motorola h350 headset for tonight's game. still charging it and hope it works.

on other news, just noticed some bastard put several scratches and a big dent on my new car... ****!!! first new car in my life and i only have it for 4 months. :mad:

theBishop

Banned
JdFoX187 said:
What do bluetooth mics run? I want to pick one up but I have no idea where to look or how much they cost.

i paid $40 for mine (Jabra BT125), but only because i got impatient. Best Buy had a Motorola unit for $15 on Black friday, but it was sold out, so i bought this one instead.

If you keep an eye on Ebay, you can easily get one for < $30.

Kittonwy

Banned
lunlunqq said:
just ran out and purchased a motorola h350 headset for tonight's game. still charging it and hope it works.

on other news, just noticed some bastard put several scratches and a big dent on my new car... ****!!! first new car in my life and i only have it for 4 months. :mad:

Damn, this is the reason why I think cars should have automatic turret defense.

djkimothy

theBishop said:
it'll work. obviously, wireless would be better, but your setup isn't exactly "optimal" as it is anyway.

(no offense)

No, my setup is temporary until we get and HDTV for the living room. Until then, I'm keeping it in my room for "safe keeping". ;)

Although, I like the idea of having a PS3 in my room. :)

JdFoX187

Banned
theBishop said:
i paid $40 for mine (Jabra BT125), but only because i got impatient. Best Buy had a Motorola unit for $15 on Black friday, but it was sold out, so i bought this one instead.

If you keep an eye on Ebay, you can easily get one for < $30.
So ANY blue tooth headset will work? This should be fine then.

theBishop

Banned
JdFoX187 said:

probably not 100% compatibility, but pretty close. I didn't check anywhere before buying the one i have. Grabbed it, took it home, and it just worked. If you get any of the major brands (motorola, jabra, plantronics, etc) you should be fine.

Smokey

JdFoX187 said:

No.

I have a Jabbra(can't remember model), and I've tried to get it to sync with my PS3 since I've gotten it and it won't do it.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm getting repeatedly ass-raped by the massive
boss in Conduits
. Any suggestions?

edit: n/m, figured it out and laid the almighty whupping on him. Next!

JdFoX187

Banned
That network failure bummed me out today. Got up this morning and after I had my coffee I decided I'd play a couple games. Played one Team Deathmatch and slaughtered. Went to regame and it said network failure. I was so pissed. And my damned stats still aren't coming up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I ordered a headset tonight; once that comes in, i'll hook up for some GAF resistance.

rc213

Can you have 2 Single Player game saves on 1 system? My bro is playing through the game on easy and I want to play through it on Hard but I don't want to overwrite his game save.

Remy

rc213 said:
Can you have 2 Single Player game saves on 1 system? My bro is playing through the game on easy and I want to play through it on Hard but I don't want to overwrite his game save.

If you make separate users on the PS3, then yes, of course.

Under the same profile, I don't believe you can.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Additionally, I'm not sure if emailing IGN will have the effect you want it to have. It's become abundantly clear to me that IGN desires this "negative attention"; from the dodgy Terms of Service and moderation of the boards to articles like the one you linked to, it seems unrealistic to think that criticism, let alone outrage, would be viewed as anything but success by IGN. I know that you (chubigans) is a VIP there so I assume that you don't pay for Insider, but for everyone else, cancelling your subscription is really the best action you can take at this point. When IGN asks you why you want to cancel your subscription, point to articles like this one.

I cancelled. A while ago, too. I thought I would miss it. Haven't. Not one bit.

Hearing about articles like that only make me wish I could cancel again.

If I had Gears and Resistance head-to-head, it would be really close. I'd probably give the nod to Gears, but Resistance is close, and it's better online experience makes it even closer. I know longterm I'll be playing more of Resistance than Gears, even though Gears had the bigger "WOW factor" when I first got it.

Not giving any props at all to Resistance is just unthinkable. They obviously didn't actually play the game much, which is kind of important when passing judgement.

What a bunch of hack writers at IGN.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yeah, its something Id love to really argue about with IGN; I kinda have to tiptoe and make sure Im careful though...I dont want to lose my VIPship and in turn lose the contacts I have for various small e-Di companies.

Its easier to say, "Hey Im chubigans via IGN and I'd like to do an interview for the PS3 blog." than, "Hello, will you do an interview for my random blog?" :)

Still, stuff like that pisses me off...they've stooped to 1up levels with this article. Sigh...

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I'll join you guys. SnakeXs. First time playing online, but I can usually hold my own. =]

Remy

Sorry about the party disconnect; the game punted me back to the main menu when I tried to join a game.

Those were some decent games - except for that bullshit Meltdown game and the way lopsided Breach game.

theBishop

Banned
Remy said:
Sorry about the party disconnect; the game punted me back to the main menu when I tried to join a game.

Those were some decent games - except for that bullshit Meltdown game and the way lopsided Breach game.

what's your nick?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Anyone making another game? Room name? Rank/unranked? I hath no clue, for I am green.

Top Bottom