• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Good games tonight, I got a little tired though so I left early.

What was up with that invisible guy? machoo was it? Get on that, jstevenson. :)

btw, BIG E: After you switched mics I could hear you breathing the whole match.

Kittonwy

Banned
This is getting more and more fun, thanks to teh wedge of gaf.
Indifferent2.gif

Anyone else get any lag tonight?

I played about 20 games and almost every game there was lag. It didnt totally lock up the gameplay but it was hella annoying.

Wollan

SnakeXs said:
So, who's dick do I have to suck to get into the next GAF meet up? :lol

PM kaching with your details to join the clan.

Scheduled matches for the week goes as:

Tuesday 7pm PST
Saturday 7pm PST
Sunday 7pm PST

The first one to get online creates a party and adds the other members.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I've got a few more people who have PM'd me to join the clan and I'll send them invites tonight. SnakeXs, let me know what your PSN ID is and I'll add you too.

Currently, the official clan roster is up 52 members who have accepted invites and maybe 7-10 others who have received or will be receiving invites but haven't accepted yet.

Sorry I've been missing the latest clan-meet-ups...just been kind of busy. BTW,
school is starting this week, but hopefully I can still play on the weekends.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Since this seems to be the most actively played PS3 game around, this is probably a good place to ask:

Has there been any change on controller BT signal dropoff front? After all these firmware updates, has it still as much of a problem as it used to be?

SleazyC

Marconelly said:
Since this seems to be the most actively played PS3 game around, this is probably a good place to ask:

Has there been any change on controller BT signal dropoff front? After all these firmware updates, has it still as much of a problem as it used to be?
Over the past two days I probably played about 5-6 hours of Resistance without a controller issues. I don't think its is totally gone but I haven't experienced it after a couple of hours of playing.

jjasper

I have had my system for the weekend and have played it quite a bit and not exprienced any issues with the controller if that helps.

theBishop

Banned
Marconelly said:

It happened to me once over the weekend when i was playing the single player. But it seems to be happening less frequently for me. I played Ico from start to finish and it never happened.

SleazyC said:
Over the past two days I probably played about 5-6 hours of Resistance without a controller issues. I don't think its is totally gone but I haven't experienced it after a couple of hours of playing.

Happened to me twice last night. My character started spinning around uncontrollably for about 5 seconds and then quit. Last night was the first night it had ever happened to me though...for what its worth.

The Bluetooth controller dropout is very annoying. Happens to me about 2-3 times every Resistance session I have, which is usually about 4-5 hours long. So it doesn't happen very often, but often enough to get on my nerves when it occurs. I usually don't die when the dropout happens, but a few times, I did.

I don't think it'll get fixed anytime soon. If we're lucky, they'll be able to patch it in March's supposed huge update. If we're not, this issue won't be fixed... ever.

JB1981 said:
soon we'll have two split the clan up into two teams and we'll probably end up facing each other :lol

Yeah, last night's matchmaking got screwed up cuz our party was too big. It seems that 16-18 people is about the max party size Resistance can handle right now. We wasted like over 10 minutes trying to get all 19 of us to fit into a game.

Js, if you're reading... the game is NOT tracking Dragon kills. I've been at 89 for some time... and I have specifically spent two games doing just about nothing but getting kills with the weapon. This was a few days ago. I still don't have the dragon kills but stats from OTHER matches that took place AFTER the dragon matches... are updating. This is the last medal I need for weapons and I'm kind of wondering what's up.

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Js, if you're reading... the game is NOT tracking Dragon kills. I've been at 89 for some time... and I have specifically spent two games doing just about nothing but getting kills with the weapon. This was a few days ago. I still don't have the dragon kills but stats from OTHER matches that took place AFTER the dragon matches... are updating. This is the last medal I need for weapons and I'm kind of wondering what's up.

Mine updates. I spent a lot of time last 2 nights trying to get my medals, one of which was the Dragon... and I got the Dragon medal last night. Keep using Dragon and see if it'll updated sometime later.

Aeon712

I just got my PS3 yesterday and Resistance of course. This game is freaking awesome me and my friend spent 6hrs on co-op multiplayer after I put in about 2 solo.Gonna hook it up online a little later to see how online is.

JB1981

Is there a link somewhere that lists how to get all the medals? I'm not an "achievement whore" but I do really enjoy the way both Resistance and Lost Planet have set up the ranking/leveling systems in their games. It's just a lot of fun playing to get that new skin or new soldier loadout. Awesome.

Also: is there any way to minimize the amount of ambient noise your headset picks up? I adjust the 'mic level' in the audio device settings but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is the mic level for hearing others or is it for how sensitive the mic is when picking up your voice? I just played a game and people were complaining that they could hear the game sounds from my mic but my tv wasn't even that loud. I rarely ever have this problem on Xbox Live. Is it just a bluetooth issue or what?

Remy

JB1981 said:
Is there a link somewhere that lists how to get all the medals? I'm not an "achievement whore" but I do really enjoy the way both Resistance and Lost Planet have set up the ranking/leveling systems in their games. It's just a lot of fun playing to get that new skin or new soldier loadout. Awesome.

I just look at BobTheFork's profile to see what the medals are. :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Remy said:
Tell me about it. Hes got like 800 games logged. I'm only on like 150 or so and I'm pretty decently ranked (Colonel). :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
Tell me about it. Hes got like 800 games logged. I'm only on like 150 or so and I'm pretty decently ranked (Colonel). :lol

So when can I get out of the ghetto of being a sargeant major? I hate non-commissioned ranks.
angry.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
I just got my PS3 yesterday and Resistance of course. This game is freaking awesome me and my friend spent 6hrs on co-op multiplayer after I put in about 2 solo.Gonna hook it up online a little later to see how online is.

Congrats. I think people are just realizing how absolutely awesome this game is, ESPECIALLY online multiplayer, it's SO SMOOTH.
gladtomeetya.gif

mackaveli

Remy said:

or look at mine Mackaveli :)

i just need 4 more medals to go. One of them is 1000 games played and im only at 550 so i got a while to get that one. Another one is speculated to be 2000 defense kills which will be hard. Im only at 350 so far. There is one medal i think that no one knows how to get so far.

Also, if you guys want to get black ops skin or mechanic, an easy way to get it, is go to gamefaqs and download the save resistance file, transfer it over to a usb device--> conect to ps3 and copy the save file over your current resistance save.

Wollan

The host was pretty slow talking but he made it clear what he was asking for and he seemed like a nice chap. A good interview with some general questions and some more interesting ones concerning the development and so forth. JStevenson credited as one of the men gathering forum feedback all day (heck, I wouldn't mind a paycheck for surfing NeoGAF).

I'm already visioning Insomniacs plan for the year (these are pure guesses with little to no info which they are based on):

- Ratchet and Clank announced with details in Feb.
- Worldwide Resistance online play enabled for EU March launch alongside other changes.
- First Resistance map package ($) ready to go late April/May (free download in August).
- Disruptor released on PSN Store in June.
- Insomniac 'E-distribution' game released in August.
- Second Resistance map package ($) ready to go in October (free download in January).
- Ratchet and Clank: Going for brokebacked released in November.
- Second Insomniac 'E-distribution' game in Feb 2007.

SleazyC

Wollan said:
The host was pretty slow talking but he made it clear what he was asking for and he seemed like a nice chap. A good interview with some general questions and some more interesting ones concerning the development and so forth. JStevenson credited as one of the men gathering forum feedback all day (heck, I wouldn't mind a paycheck for surfing NeoGAF).

I'm already visioning Insomniacs plan for the year:

- Ratchet and Clank announced with details in Feb.
- Worldwide Resistance online play enabled for EU March launch alongside other changes.
- First Resistance map package ($) ready to go late April/May (free download in August).
- Disruptor released on PSN Store in June.
- Insomniac 'E-distribution' game released in August.
- Second Resistance map package ($) ready to go in October (free download in January).
- Ratchet and Clank: Going for brokebacked released in November.
- Second Insomniac 'E-distribution' game in Feb 2007.
I love how Insomniac will allow people to pay to get first licks at the new maps but ultimately they will be released for everyone eventually. Its a win-win any way you look at it.

EDIT - Yea I should probably read a bit more instead of looking at dashes and bullets only.

Wollan

SleazyC said:
I love how Insomniac will allow people to pay to get first licks at the new maps but ultimately they will be released for everyone eventually. Its a win-win any way you look at it.

Whoops. Don't take this as a confirmation as it was only a guess by me. It was Bungie who pioneered that awesome strategy with Halo 2 and other developers should follow. Insomniac has said nothing yet.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Wollan said:
JStevenson credited as one of the men gathering forum feedback all day (heck, I wouldn't mind a paycheck for surfing NeoGAF).

I can't take too much credit there, the MP team looks at a lot of posts too and gets a lot directly from the forums. But I like to do what I can!

JS

Top Bottom