• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

pCeSlAyEr

AltogetherAndrews said:
You come from the IGN boards, don't you?
no I don't come from the IGN boards.. why? someone ask the same question?

I was just wondering.. I know Halo 2 got 37/40 but I couldn't find Halo 1...

pCeSlAyEr

thats pretty damn good IMO... just seeing how it stacks up in the console FPS world.. well rating wise atleast.. famitsu is a tough critic for FPS

im saving my opinion on the game for when I have it in my hands... im not comparing it to Halo..:)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Kittonwy said:
I watched it earlier, that was pretty good, once again my favorite level so far.
ah ok, sorry for being late then.

Anyways, I got this in my mail from the Insomniac news letter, though it might be of some interest

Greetings Insomniacs!

The rush is over, the wait is dwindling to mere weeks and many of us Insomniacs are enjoying a well-deserved vacation after finishing Resistance: Fall of Man.

But that doesn’t mean things have slowed down with all of us. Ted Price, our CEO/founder and the creative director on R:FOM, is wrapping a weeklong, multi-country European press junket to talk about the finished game. And just last week, we hosted another media day (this time for Japanese press), which Insomniac community manager and former games journalist James Stevenson wrote about in his monthly blog: http://www.insomniacgames.com/community.php

We’ve got plenty more R:FOM activities coming in the next few weeks, so stay tuned here for all the updates. In addition, we’ll be uploading some new Resistance wallpapers and screenshots for those of you 17+ to download in our Insomniac Community section.

Those of you who are waiting for some Ratchet & Clank news, here’s a quick update. We are in full production on our R&C PlayStation 3 game. That’s all we can share at this time, but you’ll be hearing and seeing more from us in the not-so-distant future.

Finally, in other Insomniac goings-on, Halloween produced its usual array of witty and original costumes. One Insomniac made a molded mask from scratch, another dressed up as a Black-eyed P (literally), another made a Ghostbusters costume (complete with homemade Proton Pack) and even Borat himself made an appearance. You can check out the photos in the Buzz section of our Community.
register @ the site to read jstevenson's blog :)

Altaïr said:
yeah, they play the games for 10 minutes, look at how many ad pages the publisher bought, then they rate them and write 5 incoherent lines.
1) Famitsu one of the few magazines that is respected because they are reputed to not do that.
2) It's alot less incoherent if you speak Japanese.

Awesome! Residence looks heaps of fun and the graphics look phenomenal. I don't know why some people are saying it looks like crap.
Colours seem a little bland, but WCG on bravia sets might help lift up the colours a little better... hopefully.

Wollan

Some new shots from Eurogamer:

ss_preview_resistance1_008.jpg

ss_preview_resistance1_005.jpg

ss_preview_resistance1_010.jpg

ss_preview_resistance1_009.jpg

I like the one with the guy. :lol

Wollan

I think he has used the flamethrower earlier and he is walking among the corpses (now he's carrying the Sapper obviously).

consoul

Anyone know if the Japanese version will have an english language option?
Thinking of picking it up next week.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
consoul said:
All languages should be on one disc, so you should be able to pick which you want to play in.

Wollan

consoul said:

Yeah, it's universal with every language on one disc. If I wanted to, I could buy the 'japanese version' today and play it on my EU PS3 in March with German language.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
AltogetherAndrews said:
ss_preview_resistance1_010.jpg

What's going on in this pic?

I'd say he's being hit which is causing the slight red screen tint, and those are auger bolts boring through the nearby environment.

We didn't take those screens though - so I can't be sure.

Edit - or as Joe said, it could've been an AF grenade.

JS

Wollan

I recognize it now. They were very aggressive firing those auger bullets through those stairs.

PS! JStevenson, you need to shower us with some HD multiplayer videos. Get the blood pumping. ;)

Wollan

I downloaded the ultra low res version of that tank movie and holy shit! The sound, the weight, the flames, the movement and finally... Halo vehicle control confirmed. Awesome.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
To be honest, Resistance looks great in very open environments. Not so much in the closed ones (1st IGN video). It's like Ratchet & Clank engine really, where polygons are "scattered" in the distance with little care to the close-up details. I mean, it lacks that kind of "graphic density" that makes you go wow in Gears of War.

The part where he cuts the "cables" of that chimera hiding behind the crate is impressive tho.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
This game looks brilliant. I wasnt planning on buying a PS3 at lauch or a couple of months afterwards, but this game is convincing me to do so. The screenshots look stunning. If the reviews are very good then i might just spend $600 on a ps3

Wollan

Just watched the first video at the page. The player makes it seem as if it is difficult to fight those few enemies. Seems like a player that lets go of the stick for each time he aims in one direction.

consoul said:

I'll pick it up on Saturday too, PM me and we can do a J-GAF multiplayer test...

mr_nothin said:
Overexposure?
Just wait until you see NEW environments at home...

Tbh, besides the weapons and the awesome geometry, the game is kinda standard when it comes to gameplay and style.

After having played it, I can say I'm impressed but graphically it is good...not awesome.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Doom_Bringer said:
the new IGN vids look awesome! God this game is going to rock!!!! Still no word on the lack of foot steps though. WTH?
do you mean sounds or visually left over foot prints?
im pretty sure i heard foot steps when gamespot was walking on the wooden floor of that house, not 100% sure though.

Bad_Boy said:
im pretty sure i heard foot steps when gamespot was walking on the wooden floor of that house, not 100% sure though.

yea i meant footstep sounds. I don't hear anything in the IGN vids. Could be a critical flaw

Top Bottom