• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
I think we do have the flying wedge going on at least when I play since I'm usually the first one who gets shot down.:lol

Like a decoy. Yes, that was part of the plan.
hem.gif

I'm heading to the gym, will be back in about an hour and a half to join in on the fun. ~_~

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
JB1981 said:
it's on @ 10pm est tonight, right? right?!

Fancy meeting you here!

Maybe we can jointly migrate to the other game after we finish up here.

But yeah, it's on at 10 EST, right fellas?

JB1981

SnakeXs said:
Fancy meeting you here!

Maybe we can jointly migrate to the other game after we finish up here.

But yeah, it's on at 10 EST, right fellas?

haha .... i know!

this gaf clan makes me jump from console to console now ... damn gaffers and their resistance clan

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I may try to log on tonight... but I've been stuck in long meetings today and still need to hit the gym after work.

So I'll probably be late, but we will see! I sort of want to see this flying wedge in action.

JS

lunlunqq

so that's what "flying wedge" really means. i didn't know whats a "wedge," so i looked it up in a dictionary. the explanation i found is close to "penetration." so i image it must refer to the act of penetration or insertion in sexual activities and is a good metaphor of how hard we f@cked up our opponents... i felt good about my ability to learn the language and i'm sad now that i got it all wrong... :(

lunlunqq

Wollan said:
If anybody could take pics or record the wedge in action, that would have been great.

i will have my caremra ready. if we overwhelm our opponents again like last time, i will record it this time.

Remy

Pre-emptively: The sudden interest in the wedge means that we are going to hit our 20 player party limit very soon, quite possibly tonight.

I'm totally open to good suggestions about how to split the party into two. We seem to be lopsided alphabetically...

Aeon712

I was just on and only one person added me :(, and I don't know how to join him in game since my buddy list in Resistance still is empty.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay, I played four or five games with everyone.

That was REALLY fun. I need to get a mic.

I saw the wedge....THE WEDGE ROCKS.

Remy

Good rounds tonight. We're finally getting some sound Breech strategies down - somewhere inbetween rushing and getting rushed.

And never doubt the power of the wedge, especially in that game we ended winning by 550 in Team DM.

JB1981

man, i'm dizzy after all those games!

that nottingham map has some serious Breach stalemates, eh?

my thinking to win that quicker is this: load up on frags, auger and rocket launcher.

half the team should charge and the other half should unload augers at the side of the cave entrace. you can shoot through that cave with the auger at will and with enough guys, you can clear a pretty good path for the offense.

Some good games, I was gonna play more but nah, 2 hours is enough.

We should stick to the Breach rules from now on: Xray for Defense, Yankee for Offense. 30/70 or 20/80 is good.

Aeon: send your info to kaching and he'll add you to the clan. After that, you'll get invited to games automatically.

M3Freak

Banned
Awesome gaming tonight - a ton o' fun.

I'm still sucky, but getting better. I have a problem aiming well sometimes, but I think I'm improving.

The only realy problem I'm seeing with the game is the headset. The mic drops out, and it won't come back until I unplug it from the USB port and plug it back in. Until I do that, all I can do is listen. Maybe it's a good idea to do that after every game so that it doesn't kill communications during game play.

Anyway, see you all on Saturday!

jjasper said:
I had fun and I am jump ranks like a madman now. Still need to get a mic.

Everyone needs a mic. It's huge in-game advantage.

Plus, I like hearing all you smartasses.

:)

That was a lot of fun. I finally got to see the wedge in action (and be part of it) not to mention jumping ranks quickly and getting a couple of awesome grenade kills.

Really good games tonight, but people still don't listen during Breach. It may be that my mic's messed up (it's been really acting up the past 2-3 days), but only a few people seemed to listen when I said "just rush." When we all rush (minus defense team) their base, the result is a 1 minute round where we easily win. I don't like Breach and want to get it over with asap, lol.

A lot of people go for nodes, treating Breach like it's Meltdown and that splits up our attack formation because it spawns our squad away from their base once we die. If you want to take over nodes, go to a separate squad or just stay in the original team. And before anyone says it again, I know that taking over nodes will unlock offensive/defensive abilities for the team. But it's not how you win Breach at all... at least not how Breach is setup atm.

The way Breach and the Breach maps are setup now is kind of ridiculous. Every map other than Nottingham ends up being a race in which group can get to the other's base first and take out their base node fastest.

The key to winning Breach fast and easy is to stay in formation and don't wonder off. Charge their base as 1 "wedge" and just squad respawn if you die. Then when we get to the enemy's base, a few people need to watch everyone's backs after their base gets cleared out so that most of the "wedge" can shoot the living crap out of their base node. Shotguns and Arc Chargers work best to take out nodes btw.

SleazyC

Sho Nuff said:
WTF? "Save and Quit" will drop you at the beginning of the level the next time you play!? What is this horseshit!
Depends if you hit a checkpoint for the stage or not. If you hit a checkpoint it should drop you at the last checkpoint.

This is going to sound really bad, but in all the multiplayer games I've played so far, I still haven't figured out how to bring up the map.

Could someone please explain just exactly how to do it? I know you have to turn the controller or something. Do you have to turn the motion sensing on first? WTF am I doing wrong?!!?

Pristine_Condition said:
This is going to sound really bad, but in all the multiplayer games I've played so far, I still haven't figured out how to bring up the map.

Could someone please explain just exactly how to do it? I know you have to turn the controller or something. Do you have to turn the motion sensing on first? WTF am I doing wrong?!!?

Press left on the D-Pad.

Pristine_Condition said:
S***. You have got to be kidding me. I feel like a jackass. I thought you had to turn the controller or something.

Thanks. (feels really stupid now....)

You could do that too. Turn it left for map, right for scores. That's what I've been doing.

Bebpo

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
WTF? "Save and Quit" will drop you at the beginning of the level the next time you play!? What is this horseshit!

Uh, it works like Gears of War and every other checkpoint based game out there. Save and quit starts you at your most recent checkpoint the next time you load the game.

aloof

Banned
I got all excited seeing that huge list of names thinking there was a game tonight but just saw the date. The only time of those I can make is Sunday. Anyone want to add feel free, ID = aloof

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bebpo said:
Uh, it works like Gears of War and every other checkpoint based game out there. Save and quit starts you at your most recent checkpoint the next time you load the game.

I assume he did the save and quick before reaching the first checkpoint of a given level.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
hey there dudes - I put some cool wallpapers and screenshots up for you on the brand spanking new downloads page. Hit MyResistance.net and look at the right side of the page.

Enjoy.

Top Bottom