• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I would but I gotta study for class tommorrow. :( School is killing my resistance time.
I'll try to get in more often.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bad_Boy said:
I would but I gotta study for class tommorrow. :( School is killing my resistance time.
I'll try to get in more often.

Since I saw that YouTube video I can't read any of your posts without hearing your avatar actually talking. :|

lunlunqq

whaaat? i just stayed in the kitchen for 5 mins, kaching and bookey were gone!!!

i used to play online games by myself all the time. now i just feel it's boring to play resistance without the wedge... thanks GAF for ruining my resistance experience... :(

There seems to be mic problems recently. Lots of people are reporting issues and just today, I experienced my first mic problem. I use the Logitech/Sony USB headset that was released for PS2 and it never had problems with SOCOM II/III nor Resistance till today. Hopefully it'll get fixed sometime soon.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I really want to play sometimes, but I forgot my mic at home. :(

Tomorrow are you guys playing? I would love to get into a game with you and just play casually. I haven't even registered for Resistance...I'd be Y2Kevbug11 if I were to. Whoever organizes these, just PM me so I remember to check and I'll hop online tomorrow with you guys if you do. Or whatever.

Cliffnotes: I'm the King of France.

Kittonwy

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:

Tomorrow are you guys playing? I would love to get into a game with you and just play casually. I haven't even registered for Resistance...I'd be Y2Kevbug11 if I were to. Whoever organizes these, just PM me so I remember to check and I'll hop online tomorrow with you guys if you do. Or whatever.

There are six of us online right now, join us. ~_~

SleazyC

Y2Kevbug11 said:

I'll probably play tomorrow night if I am not to bogged down with school stuff.

Bookey

Professional Monk
I'll be able to jump on if i can figure out how to fix my ps3/ get it exchanged, need to join back with the wedge.

Whenever I get a PS3, this game is the first one I buy hands down. Tried it out the other day and it was great. It is a shame this game is not getting enough praise due to the negative sony news floating about. Very solid title and the sequel should be even better!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
aloof said:
I'd like to get in on your games. My ID is aloof
aloof, you've got to login in to Resistance's online lobby before I can invite you to the clan. Right now, the game doesn't know you exist.

lunlunqq

akachan ningen said:
Good games, except that one where we got destroyed by the clan [\\'] :)
hehe, its difficult to go against a large organized clan in a meltdown game.

btw, im watching welcome to NHK right now. hehe

Wollan

For those of you who didn't buy the Burning Crusade today, don't forget the scheduled game tonight at 7pm PST. The wedge needs you.

BuddyC

Wollan said:
For those of you who didn't buy the Burning Crusade today, don't forget the scheduled game tonight at 7pm PST. The wedge needs you.
I want to be there, but school and work just aren't cooperating at this time :(

jjasper

BuddyC said:
I want to be there, but school and work just aren't cooperating at this time :(

I think I sent you two friend invites BTW sorry about that, I was just getting the hang of the system and messed it up.

Wollan

DON't FORGET THE SCHEDULED GAME TONIGHT @ 7PM PST. Details below.

Reposted for great justice.

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind
Arde0 - Arde0
djkimothy - djkimothy
Safe_Bet - Safe_Bet
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

Matt_C - Matarick
M3freak - m3freak
Gremmie4 - MOLeary
teepo - teepo
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
garrickk - Garrick
jjasper - jjasper
Remy - RemyVJA
I3rand0 - I3rand0
Y2Kevbug11 - Y2Kevbug11
snack - snackcakeofd00m

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 7pm PST

Saturdays 7pm PST

Sundays 7pm PST

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Aeon712

I just got my PS3 two days and only have about 8hrs of game time under my belt. But I still wanna play with you all. I'm Aeon712 just made the name.

Remy

I should be around for part of the fun tonight.

jjasper said:
Ok I was playing on Sunday and saw this wedge and have no idea what it means, would someone be kind enough to enlighten me

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

I forget who came up with the term in context. Wasn't my idea, although I seem to be the Preacher Of All That Is Wedge-like.

KGKK

Banned
I would just like to chip in that Resistance will be the first game I buy when I buy my PS3 this late Spring, hope you guys will still be playing then:)

Y2Kev

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE WEDGE IS

Edit: I went to buy a mic (again...) one today, but they only had the ones with the mic plugs and not USB ones. So I couldn't get it. :(

So I'll stick near somebody.

KGKK said:
I would just like to chip in that Resistance will be the first game I buy when I buy my PS3 this late Spring, hope you guys will still be playing then:)
The game is very good. You will not be disappointed.

jjasper

Remy said:
I should be around for part of the fun tonight.

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

I forget who came up with the term in context. Wasn't my idea, although I seem to be the Preacher Of All That Is Wedge-like.

Ahh I get it and you are right we did that when I played on Sunday but you guys should have honored Gordon Bombay and named it the flying V

Y2Kev

:lol :lol

If I don't have a headset, does the voice come through the TV? Cause I want to hear the command to assemble into wedge formation.

jjasper

Y2Kevbug11 said:
:lol :lol

If I don't have a headset, does the voice come through the TV? Cause I want to hear the command to assemble into wedge formation.

:( no but we will message it!

Also what time is is it central? 9?

Wollan

The Wedge explained.

Remy said:

jjasper

I'm there I had a lot of fun on Sun even without a mic. Oh and on that topic can I use a mic if it has a mini usb and plug it into the controller?

Wollan

DON't FORGET THE SCHEDULED GAME TONIGHT @ 7PM PST. Details below.

Reposted for great justice.

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind
Arde0 - Arde0
djkimothy - djkimothy
Safe_Bet - Safe_Bet
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

Matt_C - Matarick
M3freak - m3freak
Gremmie4 - MOLeary
teepo - teepo
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
garrickk - Garrick
jjasper - jjasper
Remy - RemyVJA
I3rand0 - I3rand0
Y2Kevbug11 - Y2Kevbug11

snack - snackcakeofd00m
SnakeXs - SnakeXs
Phoenix Down - Sky2k

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 7pm PST

Saturdays 7pm PST

Sundays 7pm PST

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

The Wedge tactic explained:

Remy said:

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Top Bottom