• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

M3Freak

Banned
jstevenson said:
hey there dudes - I put some cool wallpapers and screenshots up for you on the brand spanking new downloads page. Hit MyResistance.net and look at the right side of the page.

Enjoy.

What...nice. Thanks!

Kittonwy

Banned
Didn't see anyone tonight, so I decided to finish the game on hard mode which I did. See you all on saturday. And thanks for the wallpaper, JS. ~_~

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
What's been going on with the stats yesterday and today? Nearly everytime I've checked it shows all zeros, the ribbons are incomplete as well as the medals. Are you aware of this jstevenson?

Wollan

Dante said:
Is Saturday the next game?

Yup. The schedule goes like this:

Tuesdays 7pm PST
Saturdays 7pm PST
Sundays 7pm PST

PS! JStevenson, will the leaderboards when they go online be viewable for everyone? Without a console I'm sort of feeling left out here with all this stat action going on.

f@luS

More than a member.
jstevenson said:
hey there dudes - I put some cool wallpapers and screenshots up for you on the brand spanking new downloads page. Hit MyResistance.net and look at the right side of the page.

Enjoy.

HI
just wanted to say if u had news about the international serv things?
Just to know if ill be able to play with some of my fellas when the PS3 will be available here in EU

thx ! (got us ps3 & resistance us right now)

btw , how much did i played ? im right after the jeep (in %)
thx

ijm72

I just beat the single player so I now I am going to start playing some online games. I hope to play with some people from GAF. MY psn name is younghov72

Aeon712

After playing Resistance for the last 2hrs I had to take a break. The secrets and no way out missions were freaking creepy. When I first saw something run across my screen I jumped and then turned the lights on like the grown man that I am:lol.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Beatbox said:
What's been going on with the stats yesterday and today? Nearly everytime I've checked it shows all zeros, the ribbons are incomplete as well as the medals. Are you aware of this jstevenson?

We know about it, hopefully tomorrow's maintenance period takes care of it.

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:

I'm back to being a private again for the time being?
cry.gif

Anyway gaf people who wants to play tonight?
gladtomeetya.gif

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
jstevenson said:

Awesome...thanks for the quick response and thanks to you and your team for making such a great game :D

SleazyC

jstevenson said:
If we were "demoted" to Private and our stats weren't increased is it safe to say that we won't see all our kills, wins etc. updated if tomorrows maintenance fixes the problem or is it all lost?

Aeon712

Yes tonight was awesome, was my first time playing with the clan and would like to thank everyone for leading me us on a 15winning streak give or take a game.

I don't like breach. Like Click said before, it really boils down to who gets to other base first. And since we had more players than them, it was pointless. Too many people quit a game if they lose the first round.

ijm72

Tonight was also my first game with the clan and I really enjoyed it. Hopefully I can make it tomorrow night so we can whoop some more ass in meltdown.

Wollan

DON't FORGET THE SCHEDULED GAME TONIGHT @ 7PM PST. Details below.

Reposted for great justice.

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind
Arde0 - Arde0
djkimothy - djkimothy
Safe_Bet - Safe_Bet
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

Matt_C - Matarick
M3freak - m3freak
Gremmie4 - MOLeary
teepo - teepo
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
garrickk - Garrick
jjasper - jjasper
Remy - RemyVJA
I3rand0 - I3rand0
Y2Kevbug11 - Y2Kevbug11

snack - snackcakeofd00m
SnakeXs - SnakeXs
Phoenix Down - Sky2k
aloof - aloof
ijm72 - younghov72
Pristince_Condition - HijoDelLocoRoco
OverHeat - OverHeat
SonyCowboy - scowboy
dark_preacher - dark_preacher

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 7pm PST

Saturdays 7pm PST

Sundays 7pm PST

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

The Wedge tactic explained:

Remy said:
The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

I forget who came up with the term in context. Wasn't my idea, although I seem to be the Preacher Of All That Is Wedge-like.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

OverHeat

« generous god »
I would be interested in joining the clan but I have a big accent when I speak english would it bother the other members?

jjasper

Last night was a nice little suprised signed on after I got home to see if I lost stats decided to play a game and then joined up with the clan for some donimation.

Not sure if I will be able to get on tonight but hopefully.

JB1981

OverHeat said:
I would be interested in joining the clan but I have a big accent when I speak english would it bother the other members?

Not at all.

Game tonight right, guys? I think I'm in.

Wollan,

I'm part of the clan for your future listing.

scowboy.

Played for the first time with a few GAF folks last night. It's tough to make a scheduled time with a wife and kids, but it was fun. I need to find out what's going on with my headset though. I'm actually pretty sure it's my controller actually though. I can hear folks and if I'm on a open talk channel, they can hear me, but the L3 button doesn't do anything for me.

Captain N

My brother just sold me his PS3 so I went and picked this up and will be online shortly. what is a good blue tooth headset to use?

Wollan

The more the merrier. We're not satisfied until we have filled that 200member clan cap. :p

Reminder: Scheduled game for tonight is 7pm PST as usual folks which is just a bit over 2 hours away.

Captain N said:
My brother just sold me his PS3 so I went and picked this up and will be online shortly. what is a good blue tooth headset to use?

There's a link in the list further above your post (as well as in the main thread post).

Captain N

Wollan said:
The more the merrier. We're not satisfied until we have filled that 200member clan cap. :p

Reminder: Scheduled game for tonight is 7pm PST as usual folks which is just a bit over 2 hours away.

There's a link in the list further above your post (as well as in the main thread post).

can I play even if I don't have a mic tonight?

Wollan

Captain N said:
alright well since I haven't even played and don't have a mic yet..maybe I'll join up and play on next sat.

Nah, join the guys today. It's a very relaxed environment. No requirements to perform though team killing is a minus :p (if it was possible in ranked games that is. So no worries at all)

OverHeat

« generous god »
Big question guys I accepted the clan invite but when I go to clan it do not show anything
anyone know what the problem is?
nevermind...Im in :)

Big-E

ChanHuk said:
I'm up for a game tonight my PSN name is ChanHuk as well. How do I join up in a game?

As Wollan has been saying, send a pm to kaching to ask to be part of the clan. Seeing as how the game is starting in less than 90 minutes it would be best to give either BigE, remyVJA, lunlunqq or bobthefork a buddy request and ask to be part of the party tonight.

JB1981

Big-E said:
As Wollan has been saying, send a pm to kaching to ask to be part of the clan. Seeing as how the game is starting in less than 90 minutes it would be best to give either BigE, remyVJA, lunlunqq or bobthefork a buddy request and ask to be part of the party tonight.

whatever happened to bob, is he banned from gaf?

Top Bottom