• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dark_preacher said:
lol, i just added everybody to my psn list and now they don't show up in resistance.

You have to add them in the Resistance buddy list. The PSN friends list is not integrated into the game.

SleazyC

I had a bit of trouble logging in just now -- took me 3 attempts to get through so if you get a "Login Failed" just keep trying. Looks like stats are fixed but if your stats broke and you played games after that it looks like none of that has been added yet (if it is not lost that is).

Argyle

The servers seem to be really messed up tonight :( It took like 5 tries to log in and when I go to the clan tab it shows myself as being offline :p

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Grr, keep getting a log-in error. I'll try later I guess.

K, so it's not just me.

I got in after 4-5 tries or so. I wonder what's up.

SleazyC

Looks like the initial party is full. I'll be on late tonight so whenever a spot opens up just toss me an invite.

Or maybe someone can form another party?

Or is it? Server condition seems to show a lot of people offline but I just got a Party Full from the invite I got when I was in the middle of a game.

Remy

Given the connection problems everyone is reporting, and given that the wife is trying to wrap up playing Bully tonight, guess I'll skip tonight. Hope things are better tomorrow!

patsu

Well at least you guys get to play your PS3. I'm now overseas and have lost contact with my PS3 when my ISP reassigned the IP (Forgot to run dynamic DNS updater). I'd love to see 2 GAF wedges against each other some day.

Kittonwy

Banned
Remy said:
Given the connection problems everyone is reporting, and given that the wife is trying to wrap up playing Bully tonight, guess I'll skip tonight. Hope things are better tomorrow!

It's working well now, get on now Remy. :p

Aeon712

Wollan next time you update the clan list could you add me to it. PSN=Aeon712.
Everyne feel free to add me to their main buddylist not just the one in Resistance.

theBishop said:
JStevenson I am calling you out!

You only have 21 rounds logged, and less than 200 kills!

The top Insomniac dudes don't the TIME to play much Resistance with the community.

Sucks how I work weekends now so I can't play with GAF anymore. Only on Tuesdays.

lunlunqq

gg guys.

i had a pretty bad night thoug... had a few bad games... the last one actually was pretty good... i was having a 13 kill spree, they the game f@cking froze!! damn!! :mad:

Big-E

GG everyone. Tonight was the longest my mic lasted, it only cut out during that last super long breach match.Oh and JS whats with the invisible guys?

tanod

when is my burrito
Had a lot of fun tonight guys. And it was even my first time team playing.

We go from the longest breach game possible to 2.5 minutes for the 2nd match. What are the odds?!

Anyway, looking forward tomorrow and I'm gonna see if I can find a PS2 head set at Wally world before then.

Good night.

That Breach battle was *nothing* compared to some untimed/unlimited ammo matches I've played.

Man, do I suck at Team Deathmatch. I'm a bad enough shot, but at least in CTF/Breach/Meltdown I can be decent with some of the other objectives. I could not tag people to save my life (and thus died a lot).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm getting better. I actually had like 60 or 70 points in one of the breach matches we did...but that was my high point by quite a margin.

LJ11

Tonight was my first time online with Resistance fellas, so you have to excuse the suckage. Awesome games, good coordination, my mic sucked (will get a new one this week), and outside of the log in issues everything ran smooth. I can't wait to play some more game with you guys. I'm still amazed at how smooth and fast this game plays with 35+ guys in a room. Amazing stuff. I love the different squad divisions, X-Ray Squad FTW. Can't wait to play some more.

Again my PSN=LJ11, feel free to add me.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Alright, have been playing this with my new PS3 for a while now. Very good fun, I like the gameplay pacing, difficulty and drama a lot. Incredibly fun.

Two main concerns: controls and textures. On controls, I find it really hard to do small movements because of the deadzone of the SIXAXIS. This affects especially aiming at long distance objects.

On graphics, I am super underwhelmed. I've got a 52" XBR Bravia, PS hooked up with HDMI at 1080P, and the graphics look bad. Extremely bland, soft textures and very little shader work. Texture-wise, it looks like a previous gen game. My comparison point is mainly CoD3 (Xbox 360). Very odd.

Sounds are fantastic. Really well mastered to give a nice feeling of immersion. Adds a lot to the experience.

I'm about three hours in. Must get back.

Captain N

Oh man! I just got to play this online for the first time tonight and I'm loving it! I don't see myself needing another online shooter for a while. It might even tide me over to Halo 3 if I'm still this pumped about it the more I play. My PSN name is Captain_N feel free to add me to both buddy lists.

What difficulty is the demo set on, does anyone know?

Seemed a bit hard... or maybe I was just rubbish.

Is there no way to lean around corners BTW? Seems like they missed a trick not to use to motion sensor for that part.

Dante

Captain N said:
Oh man! I just got to play this online for the first time tonight and I'm loving it! I don't see myself needing another online shooter for a while. It might even tide me over to Halo 3 if I'm still this pumped about it the more I play. My PSN name is Captain_N feel free to add me to both buddy lists.

Awesome I'll be sure to add you tommorow. I usually play an online game or 2 after I play single player campaign. I'm sure once I beat single campaign, I'll be playing a ton of multi player.

djkimothy

halptw9.jpg

OKay, I must suck royally at FPSes. I'm stuck at the Cathedral level where all the spider things swarm in. How the hell do you crowd control these things. I have to run backwards just to make sure I get the main mob but I keep getting surrounded by the buggers. There's only 1 health unit in the area that I can find, it's total mayhem followed by my swift death.

On the rare occasions I do survive the swarm, the 2 uber chimeras finish the job. :/ I managed to get 1 but my health is so low that the other one gets me.

Is there a strategy I'm missing?

djkimothy said:
halptw9.jpg

OKay, I must suck royally at FPSes. I'm stuck at the Cathedral level where all the spider things swarm in. How the hell do you crowd control these things. I have to run backwards just to make sure I get the main mob but I keep getting surrounded by the buggers. There's only 1 health unit in the area that I can find, it's total mayhem followed by my swift death.

On the rare occasions I do survive the swarm, the 2 uber chimeras finish the job. :/ I managed to get 1 but my health is so low that the other one gets me.

Is there a strategy I'm missing?

What weapons are you using?

IIRC, I used shotgun then carbine once I hd thin them mostly. Switched to Auger for the big guys (I think).

Top Bottom