• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

but they are using dedicated servers. I play BF1942 on international servers all the time with very little lag, even some 40 ppl Jpn servers are totally lag free

OverHeat

« generous god »
Doom_Bringer said:
but they are using dedicated servers. I play BF1942 on international servers all the time with very little lag, even some 40 ppl Jpn servers are totally lag free

A lot of time on BF2 I see a lot people with ping of more then 300 on dedicated servers so...

lunlunqq said:
Great fun playing with everybody last night. somehow, i'm not feeling it these days. my kill/death rate has been decreasing for the past a few days... :( maybe i should take a break.

I'm taking a break from FPS in general, don't want to "kill" the genre for myself. Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm thinking playing games from some other genres for a while will help keep Resistance "fresh".

lunlunqq said:
Great fun playing with everybody last night. somehow, i'm not feeling it these days. my kill/death rate has been decreasing for the past a few days... :( maybe i should take a break.

Im in the same boat, but for me i think its from lack of playing. I havent played online or Resistance for a while. It was great playing with everyone, it was my first real team based online play.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Captain N said:
Thats odd that it didn't work with the clan invite..I'll have to check tonight, but I'm pretty sure Im not in a clan.
Wasn't talking about you, Cap'n - I haven't sent you an invite yet. It's 'aloof' that I'm having trouble with.

JB1981

lunlunqq said:

i'm very inconsistent when i play with the GAF clan. I think it's cause there's just so many of us. the competition is getting better, though (sneaky too). I see that one of the more stealthy ways to win Breach on Somerset, is to have a guy hide in the houses just around the reactor. If you're a human and they're chimera and they're not using rage mode, you can't see em. so what they do is spawn on squad and bum rush your base. but it's funny that you say you're not feeling the game lately, cause it's actually growing on me more and more. i find myself wanting to play this over a lot of 360 games (Gears, Lost Planet) simply because of the quality of the connection and the GAF clan. I cannot tell you just how much better Resistance runs next to the flagship titles on 360. It's like playing a game that's a generation ahead.

JB1981 said:
i'm very inconsistent when i play with the GAF clan. I think it's cause there's just so many of us. the competition is getting better, though (sneaky too). I see that one of the more stealthy ways to win Breach on Somerset, is to have a guy hide in the houses just around the reactor. If you're a human and they're chimera and they're not using rage mode, you can't see em. so what they do is spawn on squad and bum rush your base.

Yeah, that other team gave us some trouble with that strategy last night. Very interesting. The only thing the were doing wrong IMO, was using the house right next to where the hedgehog grenades were spawning. I got a few Target Bomber ribbons from that poor sniper last night.

JB1981 said:
but it's funny that you say you're not feeling the game lately, cause it's actually growing on me more and more. i find myself wanting to play this over a lot of 360 games (Gears, Lost Planet) simply because of the quality of the connection and the GAF clan. I cannot tell you just how much better Resistance runs next to the flagship titles on 360. It's like playing a game that's a generation ahead.

Yeah Resistance runs pretty great. Still a few niggling problems with matchmaking occasionally, but when you are in a game, there really is nothing on the console side of gaming like it. Updating the servers will only make it better.

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:
i'm very inconsistent when i play with the GAF clan. I think it's cause there's just so many of us. the competition is getting better, though (sneaky too). I see that one of the more stealthy ways to win Breach on Somerset, is to have a guy hide in the houses just around the reactor. If you're a human and they're chimera and they're not using rage mode, you can't see em. so what they do is spawn on squad and bum rush your base. but it's funny that you say you're not feeling the game lately, cause it's actually growing on me more and more. i find myself wanting to play this over a lot of 360 games (Gears, Lost Planet) simply because of the quality of the connection and the GAF clan. I cannot tell you just how much better Resistance runs next to the flagship titles on 360. It's like playing a game that's a generation ahead.

QFT on the house sniper, it's like people are finding new ways to win all the time, that's what gets me excited.

I think the inconsistency comes from going from one match type to the next and the goal is very different in each (and the way the system awards points is very different). :p

tanod

when is my burrito
Hey guys,

Sorry I just dropped out at 11CST. Had work and all today.

My new USB PS2 Logitech headset I got yesterday seems to work pretty well and it really added a lot to the gameplay. Just starting to get used to the team stuff and the breach/meltdown modes. By the way, this is the first online FPS action I've seen since Quake 3: Arena on PC in college. Does that make me old?! :D

About keeping the experience fresh like somebody mentioned. I'm alternating between FFXII, Resistance, and Wind Waker. That seems to be a pretty good mix for me.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
To the person that said he was leaving us to play Genji, was that true :lol.

Oh come on, I think we gave him too much of a hard time already. Oh and I apologize for the "hosers" comment, I didn't mean anything by it.
gladtomeetya.gif

OverHeat

« generous god »
Kittonwy said:
Oh come on, I think we gave him too much of a hard time already. Oh and I apologize for the "hosers" comment, I didn't mean anything by it.
gladtomeetya.gif
or your jokes about canadiens....:lol

patsu

Kittonwy said:
QFT on the house sniper, it's like people are finding new ways to win all the time, that's what gets me excited.

Yum... I love finding and flushing snipers from their hidings.

Before I left for this trip, some clans organize their teams around snipers too (for Team DM in Somerset). e.g., break into 2 groups -- about 4 people with 1 sniper in each group.

The 2 groups will dig in close to each other, and can support the other group if they are in trouble. Other players in the group will protect the sniper or support him with rocket launcher. It's really hard to break them up.

Has Gaf Wedge encounter them before ?

Big-E

patsu said:
Yum... I love finding and flushing snipers from their hidings.

Before I left for this trip, some clans organize their teams around snipers too (for Team DM in Somerset). e.g., break into 2 groups -- about 4 people with 1 sniper in each group.

The 2 groups will dig in close to each other, and can support the other group if they are in trouble. Other players in the group will protect the sniper or support him with rocket launcher. It's really hard to break them up.

Has Gaf Wedge encounter them before ?

There was one time where I believe this did happen with us in Somerset. There weren't many Gafers on at that time and we were getting are ass handed to us in the opening round they we only ended up scoring around 400 I believe. In the next round all of gaf pushed the ridge they were defending while I stayed back bringing support with my rifle. We were able to flush them out but lost the round though it was close.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
PlayStation Network is down for maintenance.... still not back up. I haven't gotten any updates yet, should be soon though.

JS

Captain N

I was only joking about genji, but I did download the demo. I really need to get a mic so everyone can hear my tone of voice. If you've played with me on xbox live (GRAW days) you'll know I joke around a bit. You can make all the jokes you want about me and I've got no worries.

SleazyC

Logged in and waiting...

Going to go grab something to eat in the meantime.

EDIT - If anyone wants to play tonight that is.

JB1981

jstevenson said:
I guess it's back up now... it was down for a few hours.

They were getting antsy at MyResistance.net :)

JS

JSteve:

do you guys have any numbers/data on the size of the Resistance online community and its growth or lack thereof? It seems like there's an been a pretty major jump in activity post-Xmas. It'd be cool to hear how the game is doing. ;)

you'll never tell us

Snah

Banned
My PSN ID is named: Lemm

I just got a HEADSET, but I joined a few games and no one is talking.

I don't know if my headset works.

I'll be playing some games, can anyone help me out and verify that my headset works?

Thanks.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
JB1981 said:
JSteve:

do you guys have any numbers/data on the size of the Resistance online community and its growth or lack thereof? It seems like there's an been a pretty major jump in activity post-Xmas. It'd be cool to hear how the game is doing. ;)

you'll never tell us

I can't give any numbers, though the stats for MyResistance.net are public so that might give you some indication.

JS

Wollan

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 7pm PST.

Hopefully the PSN/Resistance server maintenance is over so things are back to normal.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
JB1981 said:
JSteve:

Anecdotal - I've been getting at least 5-10 PMs a week since christmas asking to be invited to our clan.

JB1981

Wollan said:
Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 7pm PST.

Hopefully the PSN/Resistance server maintenance is over so things are back to normal.

hopefully I'll be home from work around 10ish. I'll try to join then.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Anyone still playing the campaign? I'm on my second playthrough, this time on Super Human, looking for missing documents and picking up skill points.

I am loving it!

M3Freak

Banned
jetjevons said:
Anyone still playing the campaign? I'm on my second playthrough, this time on Super Human, looking for missing documents and picking up skill points.

I am loving it!

I haven't even finished the campaign once! Still playing through...

jjasper

jetjevons said:

I am loving it!

I haven't finished yet, just went down into the Subway after the rooftop sequence.

Treo360

jetjevons said:

I am loving it!

Just finished it about a few minutes ago.

Not great but not bad either.

I did love the last available cutscene though:lol That alone made it worthwhile.

JB1981

I noticed while playing last night, that the bullseye has a much slower rate of fire in SP compared to MP. I wonder why that is.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'm about halfway through a second playthrough, on hard difficulty. It'd be worth if for no other reason than because you get to play with the backlash grenades but there's also a few skirmishes which get really woolly compared to the same on the normal difficulty.

JB1981

kaching said:
I'm about halfway through a second playthrough, on hard difficulty. It'd be worth if for no other reason than because you get to play with the backlash grenades but there's also a few skirmishes which get really woolly compared to the same on the normal difficulty.

what's the backlash grenade?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
one of the new weapons you get on the second playthrough.

It creates a domed field where thrown that lasts for several seconds. During that time, any Chimera that fires a weapon at it has their fire repulsed back at them and any Chimera caught within the field takes damage from the field itself

Is the infantry combat in this game as good as BF2's infantry combat? I think BF2 is more fun without the vehicles and artillery.

Are there ranks and unlockable weapons in the multiplayer mode?

garrickk

kaching said:
Another note - I played through the game on hard last week - and it was hard. Sometime so much that I was constantly nervous and not enjoying myself all that much.

I've now played through Manchester on Superhuman and for some reason it's a lot more fun. I don't know what the differences are. It seems like there are more enemies but they go down easier. It also seems like my character is a tad more durable. Maybe my aim and tactics have improved (doesn't seem like it), but I'm tearing through the levels quickly and have only died a few times. I'm also playing a bit more aggressively. On hard I was always on my heels. Superhuman is certainly the "best" mode to play the game in!

Excellent game - online and off.

Top Bottom