• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

djkimothy

Ignatz Mouse said:
What weapons are you using?

IIRC, I used shotgun then carbine once I hd thin them mostly. Switched to Auger for the big guys (I think).

You have an Auger?!?!?!

I only have the shotgun, bullseye and carbine. I've switched it around many times. Whenever the swarm gets bunched in, I switch to carbine, launch a grenade then switch back (usually bullseye due to high fire rate). I switch to shotgun when ever my grenades are out.

djkimothy said:
You have an Auger?!?!?!

I only have the shotgun, bullseye and carbine. I've switched it around many times. Whenever the swarm gets bunched in, I switch to carbine, launch a grenade then switch back (usually bullseye due to high fire rate). I switch to shotgun when ever my grenades are out.

You can get the Auger for the first time just before the cathedral. You take it off an Auger-weilding Chimera, just before you fight the first big doggie-thing(s) IIRC.

What I ended up doing is getting set in a corner or, in an ideal case, back sort of in the doorway where you entered...so they all have to come at you from the same relative direction. Thin them out, then attack them with the shotgun.

Don't try to do the backing up and strafing bit that works with them most of the time in other areas, because in this open space, they'll come at you from the side and rear and chew you to bits. You must be on the move forward, and attack them, don't wait for them to be in range to attack you. Be very aggressive. If you can save a squadmate, do that, too. Keep him alive as long as possible. His fire will help.

You can get the Auger again after the swarm.

jjasper

djkimothy said:
You have an Auger?!?!?!

I had two ways of doing it. If you go to the entrance behind you it funnels them in and it is easier to control them, also if you walking through the pews they will follow you and that will get them to file together.

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:
Don't forget about todays (Sundays) scheduled meetup happening in about six hours @ 7pm PST.

What's that in EST? I live on the east coast.
Indifferent2.gif

Me too. Can't wait.

NeoGAF's Resistance Clan is great. Best clan I've been in since my Halo days. So many really great players, but no huge attitudes. That's what is so awesome. No one mentioned to me how much I completely suck compared to almost everyone else on the field! :lol

I'm so damn brutal (and not in the good way) right now in Team Deathmatch. I don't really know the maps yet, so I can't always find grenades (bombing is usually my strength in FPSs) or grab a sniper rifle and do what I'd normally do. So I find myself just trying to be defensive and not let the team down too much. Hope you better players appreciate somebody drawing all the fire, (usually with my back!) and don't get too pissed off until I can get up to speed a bit and actually hang in this game.

Breech is amazing with the NeoGAF swarm. Its just a pleasure to be a part of such a huge rush of crazed troops and hot metal.

Wollan

DON't FORGET THE SCHEDULED GAME TONIGHT @ 7PM PST (three hours, twenty mins from now). Details below.

Reposted for great justice.

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind
Arde0 - Arde0
djkimothy - djkimothy
Safe_Bet - Safe_Bet
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

Matt_C - Matarick
M3freak - m3freak
Gremmie4 - MOLeary
teepo - teepo
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
garrickk - Garrick
jjasper - jjasper
Remy - RemyVJA
I3rand0 - I3rand0
Y2Kevbug11 - Y2Kevbug11

snack - snackcakeofd00m
SnakeXs - SnakeXs
Phoenix Down - Sky2k
aloof - aloof
ijm72 - younghov72
Pristince_Condition - HijoDelLocoRoco
OverHeat - OverHeat
SonyCowboy - scowboy
dark_preacher - dark_preacher
ChanHuk - ChanHuk

LJ11 - LJ11
Red Blaster - Ranger-Albatross
Aeon712 - Aeon712

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 7pm PST

Saturdays 7pm PST

Sundays 7pm PST

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

Remy said:
The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

I forget who came up with the term in context. Wasn't my idea, although I seem to be the Preacher Of All That Is Wedge-like.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

JB1981

Pristine_Condition said:
Me too. Can't wait.

NeoGAF's Resistance Clan is great. Best clan I've been in since my Halo days. So many really great players, but no huge attitudes.

Yeah, we're all just here to have fun. We haven't run into any tough resistance as of yet, though - then we'll have to strategize and start giving orders and demanding results! ;)

JB1981

Captain N said:
I still haven't gotten an invite for the clan

Captain_N is my name on there.

if kaching isn't on, just send me a buddy invite and i'll invite you to the party that way. my tag's Beamber.

Remy

Yeah, I'm having the same problem.

It's failing at an earlier point than the errors last night - really bizarre.

Wollan

Is it the Resistance servers or the general PSNetwork? The Resistance servers were supposed to be under maintenance this weekend.

Argyle

Just managed to log in after trying like 10 times...so maybe it is up now?

This is logging into Resistance, I logged into PSN fine (but it did seem to log in a bit slow)...

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:
Is it the Resistance servers or the general PSNetwork? The Resistance servers were supposed to be under maintenance this weekend.

They already did the maintenance this weekend I think. I didn't have any problem logging on PSN just now.

Still waiting for the game to end though.

EDIT: Damn it, I hate the colts.
Indifferent2.gif

Agent X

SleazyC said:
I'll hop on after that Pats-Colts game. Hope to see a lot of people on tonight again.

That's what I did. I waited for the football game to end.

I'm in the lobby now as I type this. I had no problems logging into the server.

M3Freak

Banned
I was in three games. The last one was brutal - GAF am destroyed.

Hopefully I can get in on Tuesday. If not, see you guys on Saturday!

Agent X

Yeah, it was pretty good gaming tonight.

Somehow the last team game I was invited to glitched out on me--my HUD disappeared, and I couldn't do anything other than wander around aimlessly. I couldn't even respawn after "suiciding" by shooting up a gas can at close range. So, if you were in that game, wondering why I abruptly disappeared...now you know. I wouldn't quit out on anyone here intentionally!

theBishop

Banned
just a heads up,

over at myresistance.net, you can register your PSN account with their online tracking system. From there, you can see all your stats online as well as unlock new gear from the "Soldier Loadout" screen.

Kittonwy

Banned
theBishop said:
just a heads up,

over at myresistance.net, you can register your PSN account with their online tracking system. From there, you can see all your stats online as well as unlock new gear from the "Soldier Loadout" screen.

The wallpapers are pretty nice too. ~_~

I wish they would hurry up and patch the jpn version, im sick of fighting skeleton people they are too hard to see and kill. Any news on the severs too.

Aeon712

Remy said:
Ugh, after the party split, we got wrecked hardcore in a Team DM game. :/

Still, before the split, fun!

The opposite happened to us, we played a cool mall map on Team DM that I never seen. The games were fun last night esp that breach game we almost lost. Now I have to go to work on less then 5hrs of sleep :(.

lunlunqq

Great fun playing with everybody last night. somehow, i'm not feeling it these days. my kill/death rate has been decreasing for the past a few days... :( maybe i should take a break.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Captain N said:
I still haven't gotten an invite for the clan

Captain_N is my name on there.
Sorry, I've fallen a little behind on sending the clan invites. I have 4 or so pending and you're one of them. I'll send invites tonight.

aloof said:
nobody added me or anything, i sent a pm to kaching as well. fine!
You, OTOH, I have tried adding, twice. Each time I got a rejection which means you either 1) already belong to a clan or 2) are playing games with me. I sent you a message about this. If you're already a member of a clan, you have to leave that one to join GAF because Resistance only lets you belong to one clan at a time.

This has just had a patch on the jpn servers, it looks like it was the patch you guys got awhile ago. Still cant play cross server make it happen sony.

OverHeat

« generous god »
supermackem said:
This has just had a patch on the jpn servers, it looks like it was the patch you guys got awhile ago. Still cant play cross server make it happen sony.

Dont make it happen Sony I want the game to stay lag free plz or make it happen only for custom games.

Top Bottom