• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Safe Bet

Banned
Sorry, not ignoring you guys but I'm using my PS3 to web browse and it doesn't allow cut & paste atm so I'm going to have to respond one at a time.

theBishop said:
what the ****!?

aren't you a supreme commander?
I only made it to Brig. General.

;)

JB1981

Hey guys,

somehow i disabled automatic sign-in to the PSN on my PS3. If I press triangle on my screename it shows the option to turn it back on in grey. How do I reenable this? I cant for the life of me, figure this out. anyone help?

The Jer

JB1981 said:
Hey guys,

somehow i disabled automatic sign-in to the PSN on my PS3. If I press triangle on my screename it shows the option to turn it back on in grey. How do I reenable this? I cant for the life of me, figure this out. anyone help?

The automatic sign-in and the save password option became two seperate options after the 1.5 firmware update. Perhaps you don't have the remember password option selected? I assume this option would need to be selected in order to use the auto-sign in option.

JB1981

The Jer said:
The automatic sign-in and the save password option became two seperate options after the 1.5 firmware update. Perhaps you don't have the remember password option selected? I assume this option would need to be selected in order to use the auto-sign in option.

i figured it out. nevermind. if you choose to turn it off, you just have to enable it at the enter password screen. thanks for your help, Jer.

Agent X

JB1981 said:
You get all your points in Breach/Meltdown by capping or recapping nodes. Racking up kills gets you squat. I believe I was defending with you during that long (AWESOME) Nottingham Breach match. Someone's gotta do it, right? We had our hands full.

Yeah, that's one of my quibbles about the scoring system. Playing defense usually doesn't do a whole heck of a lot for your score. I've had occasions where I'd ward off vast hordes of enemies and still end up in the bottom 20% of the scoreboard.

Sometimes the pendulum swings the other way, too. I had one round with the NeoGAF bunch the other day where I barely touched the trigger--maybe fired off two or three bullets at most--yet ended up something like 4th place (out of a group of 30-40 players) just because I happened to be accompanying the group of people doing all the hard work with capturing nodes and such.

In short, there are times I feel like I'm not rewarded for all my effort, and other times where I reap a lot of unearned benefits, so it balances out. As M3Freak suggested, it's a good idea to switch things up from game to game--hold back and play defense for a round, then next round go out on the attack.

Wollan, you can pencil my time zone in as EST on your list.

SleazyC

I'd like to be added to the list as well, EST time zone.

Not sure if I'll log in at 9PM or 10PM EST tonight as I might want to watch tv but I'll be on eventually tonight.

Agent X

Captain N said:
do I need to press a button or do something to talk? I never hear anyone..I'm guessing not that many people use the mic?

Normally, you would have to press L3 (push in the left analog stick). For team games, you can join a squad (subset of a team), and then you can talk to all of your squad members freely without having to press L3 or any other buttons.

The NeoGAF clan usually uses squad X-Ray to chat with each other.

djkimothy

Captain N said:
do I need to press a button or do something to talk? I never hear anyone..I'm guessing not that many people use the mic?
I never realized this but most of the talking is done withing squads. Press start when the level finishes loading to join a squad.

But to talk to your "team", just push L3.

patsu

M3Freak said:
I also love hearing the Chimera. On one of the campaign levels I realized that the Chimera were speaking (the dudes that run around doing most of the shooting). One of them was around a corner somewhere, but he knew I was there, so every few minutes he would say, "It's just you and me.", in a very throaty, alien voice. Wicked. I wonder what else they say.

Hmm.... that's right, I forgot about that plot point. Nathan Hale is supposed to understand Chimera later in the game, but I never hear anything remotely English from them. The weapons are probably too loud :D

Could someone update my clan profile please ? I'm in PST (ID is patsu)... still overseas now though.

Captain N

Agent X said:
Normally, you would have to press L3 (push in the left analog stick). For team games, you can join a squad (subset of a team), and then you can talk to all of your squad members freely without having to press L3 or any other buttons.

The NeoGAF clan usually uses squad X-Ray to chat with each other.

awesome..can you talk in lobbies or no?

Agent X

Yes, you can talk freely in the lobbies.

djkimothy said:
Press start when the level finishes loading to join a squad.

As an alternative, on the staging screen (just before you begin a match), you can press one of the face buttons (I think it's Triangle) and choose a squad even before the match actually begins.

SleazyC

Heh I always confuse the days we play on. I thought we were playing tonight as opposed to tomorrow and Friday as opposed to Saturday.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I think I'm going to get on a 11:00 EST. I'm watching "The White Rappers Show". I know, I know don't ask why.

theBishop

Banned
Note to JStevenson:

just a heads up, a gentleman by the name of Rowland_the_Okie just finished a team deathmatch game with a score of 64916

seems a little high to me. I was #3 with 142.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
theBishop said:
Note to JStevenson:

just a heads up, a gentleman by the name of Rowland_the_Okie just finished a team deathmatch game with a score of 64916

seems a little high to me. I was #3 with 142.

I've heard other reports of this today. We're looking into it.

Thanx.

The Jer

Captain N said:
its odd..I can hear everyone, but no one can seem to hear me.

Sometimes i get the same thing.... I just talk like everyone can here me anyways....
I probably talk to much when they can here me.... Forget that they can here me I geuss...:)

*shakes fist at headset*

M3Freak

Banned
patsu said:
Hmm.... that's right, I forgot about that plot point. Nathan Hale is supposed to understand Chimera later in the game, but I never hear anything remotely English from them. The weapons are probably too loud :D

Ahh!! spoiler!! I'm not that far in the campaign - I think.

I started the
Cheddar Gorge
level today. I'm currently
driving around in the jeep, just past the bit where the leapers (or whatever they're called) start running at you

Kittonwy

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
They just started a game without me. :(

LOLZ it took forever to get you into the party.:lol

Tomorrow should be better though.
Indifferent2.gif

M3Freak

Banned
6:00 p.m. PST FTW!

I can get a solid two hours in and still be in bed by 11:30 p.m. EST. Better yet, I can play till 12:00 a.m.!!! :D

Tonight should be fun.

rage1973

Can you guys add me to the GAF clan? I just finished the single player 2 days ago and starting to get into MP action now.
rage1973

Wollan

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6 pm PST.

Note that the meet up times have moved forward by one hour. This is to make it easier for all NA players to make time.

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
6:00 p.m. PST FTW!

I can get a solid two hours in and still be in bed by 11:30 p.m. EST. Better yet, I can play till 12:00 a.m.!!! :D

Tonight should be fun.

QFT, tonight will be fun. Think I'm gonna experiment with my sensitivity. Need to find a way to make up like 150 kills if I want a 1.0 kill ratio.

Wollan said:
Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6 pm PST.
HELL YES! I can actually play with you guys! I wasn't able to stay up until 10 because I would have to get up at 5AM the next morning, but I can swing 9AM.:D

Wollan

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST. 3hours 30min from now.

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson - PST
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65 - PST
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE - PST
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213 - PST
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind - MST
Arde0 - Arde0
Red Blaster - Ranger-Albatross
djkimothy - djkimothy - EST
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

Matt_C - Matarick
M3freak - m3freak - EST
Gremmie4 - MOLeary
teepo - teepo
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
garrickk - Garrick
jjasper - jjasper - CST
Remy - RemyVJA
I3rand0 - I3rand0
Y2Kevbug11 - Y2Kevbug11

snack - snackcakeofd00m
SnakeXs - SnakeXs
Phoenix Down - Sky2k
aloof - aloof
ijm72 - younghov72
Pristine_Condition - HijoDelLocoRoco - CST
OverHeat - OverHeat
SonyCowboy - scowboy
dark_preacher - dark_preacher
ChanHuk - ChanHuk

LJ11 - LJ11 - EST
Aeon712 - Aeon712 - EST
Captain N - Captain_N
The Jer - TheJer - MST
Christopher - Chris_Russo
Snah - Lemm
squicken - squick3n - CST
DenogginizerOS - Denogginizer - EST
chespace - chespace - PST
J-Rzez - Johnny_Rzeznik - EST

[CFD] El Capitan - Evazan - PST
tanod - Tanod - CST
SleazyC - SleazyC - EST
rage1973 - rage1973
belvedere - Belvedere - CST

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

Remy said:
The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

I forget who came up with the term in context. Wasn't my idea, although I seem to be the Preacher Of All That Is Wedge-like.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! For us Europeans, March 23rd is the date of the PS3 launch with Resistance available on day one. Hopefully the dedicated servers of Resistance online will be international in time for that date. (Also, that will most likely be the week when Resistance breaks a million copies sold worldwide as well. /Sony sent Resistance to die.)

PPS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Lets define some positions/roles in the clan. Like a Primary and Alternate posistion.

In Breach, my primary position will be Defender and secondary assault ect... it will make for a more cohesive attack, what do ya think?

djkimothy

gluv65 said:
Lets define some positions/roles in the clan. Like a Primary and Alternate posistion.

In Breach, my primary position will be Defender and secondary assault ect... it will make for a more cohesive attack, what do ya think?

Good idea. This should shorten the turn around of who plays what role and makes sure that 3 defenders are at the base in Breach games.

I'll be primary defense, secondary offense. I like to keep my kill death ratio in the positive. :D

Aeon712

And the last 3+ hrs of my life have be devoted to finally beating the campaign. Those last couple of levels were hectic. I'm always the first one to complain that the shotgun range online is too far but it saved my butt at the end there.

Google

Guys,

I just picked up Resistance the other day, and im completely ****ing new to it...

Is it simply a case of logging onto a game, and playing? Or is anyone out there also new and looking for a few practice sessions?

Drop me a PM, as I cant remember my PSN name:

(I think it might be deanplayd actually).

djkimothy

Google said:
Guys,

I just picked up Resistance the other day, and im completely ****ing new to it...

Is it simply a case of logging onto a game, and playing? Or is anyone out there also new and looking for a few practice sessions?

Drop me a PM, as I cant remember my PSN name:

(I think it might be deanplayd actually).

That's how I did it. You get your ass kicked but you learn a lot about the weapons/level and game play that way. If you join us in our clan gatherings, you learn under the protection of us. :D

And the last 3+ hrs of my life have be devoted to finally beating the campaign. Those last couple of levels were hectic. I'm always the first one to complain that the shotgun range online is too far but it saved my butt at the end there.

I have yet to finish it. Every time I boot it up I go straight to multiplayer. My progress in the single player is slow... Multiplayer is just so much better. :)

Google

djkimothy said:
That's how I did it. You get your ass kicked but you learn a lot about the weapons/level and game play that way. If you join us in our clan gatherings, you learn under the protection of us. :D

If I had the time to commit, I might consider it, but I dont want to let anyone down by not being able to meet at the required times.

But I'll add a few of you guys to a friends list (does that exist in game) and perhaps I can **** about with you folks for a while!

I was reading that you can set a priority list of sorts for weapon switches. How exactly does one go about setting that up?

Also @ gluv65: I think this is a good idea to think about down the road, but a lot of us are still new to the game and just finding our way around. Personally, I find myself changing jobs a lot from map-to-map or depending on the game right now, so I couldn't really define my roll that well.

SleazyC

Pristine_Condition said:
I was reading that you can set a priority list of sorts for weapon switches. How exactly does one go about setting that up?
Believe this is in the multiplayer options screen and I haven't dug into it to much but I do remember you can set it to switch only when you pick a more powerful weapon up. Not sure how weapons are judged but I'm not sure if you can setup a specific breakdown of when you want it to switch. I just set mine to never switch from the current gun I am using as I usually walk around with a bullseye or carbine most of the time.

Pristine_Condition said:

Yeah when you have the quick select wheel open you can customize the placement of the weapons in the order you like. Just hit X over any weapon and move it into the preferred slot (it'll save it automatically).

Top Bottom