• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

DenogginizerOS said:
Ok. I got some of your invites. I was too slow on getting into the party. Thanks Kittonwy for the invite. Sadly, I have come down with an awful cold. But I tested Resistance online in a public match and I am VERY impressed with the smoothness of the game. Wow! Looking forward to many, many matches.

I'll add you later, nog. lastsonkrypt0n as usual. Feel better.

Kittonwy

Banned
Safe Bet said:
Yeah I'm out guys...

Its been a blast but now I can plainly see its just not my type of game...

Send me a PM if you know anyone wanting a used near-mint copy of Resistance for $50 shipped via paypal.

Good luck with the wedge and I hope to catch up with you guys on the next go 'round.

Safe Bet

bunny.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Sorry guys for some reason I got kicked out of the game and I'm trying to reconnect back right now.

Oh and many thanks to jstevenson for coming out.
gladtomeetya.gif

J-Rzez

Finally got a decent 7.1 PCM rig... man, the sound quality of this game is just rediculous... I didn't really believe the people saying it's a difference, but it really really is a noticeable difference... It just adds to even further the overall scope of the game... This game was totally underrated... If editors would've went deeper into the campaign to see some of the later levels, played a bit more online, and hooked this sucker up to a capable sound rig, it would easily come close to game of the year, maybe take it... I think it should...

I picked up an Onkyo TX-SR604 at circuit city... It's something to hold me over until Denon comes out with a nice 1.3 Rig, which is seemingly taking forever... And knowing them, their first units to support it will have a high tag on them, so i'll have something to hold me over until the price comes down a lil' on them...

This is just another advantage of Blu-Ray's storage that I can hope devs will jump on... uncompressed PCM sound... Make it so! I think Kojima maybe doing it from the sounds of his interviews...

Safe Bet said:
Yeah I'm out guys...

Send me a PM if you know anyone wanting a used near-mint copy of Resistance for $50 shipped via paypal.

Good luck with the wedge and I hope to catch up with you guys on the next go 'round.

Safe Bet
How much used at Gamestop?

M3Freak

Banned
Was having a great time tonight, but my wifi connection got messed and I was disconnted. I couldn't connect again. I think I have to make a few changes on my firewall.

Guess I'll catch you guys on Tuesday.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hey guys - lots of fun. The game of Breach we won in 5 minutes, absolutely brilliant.

I will try to join more often, but my life is rather hectic, and my weekend nights are generally not free.

JS

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
GGs fellas. We we're rolling pretty good until that WaR clan showed up. That was rough. :lol I swear they almost capped every node in the first 30 seconds, wtf??

Yeah, that was the worst beating I've ever had at this game.

Some people have gotten goooooood.

JB1981

GGs fellas. We we're rolling pretty good until that WaR clan showed up. That was rough. :lol I swear they almost capped every node in the first 30 seconds, wtf??

i know, right? damn ... crazy coordination

Kittonwy

Banned

I was getting capped by some sniper in the last match like CRAZY.
Indifferent2.gif

M3Freak

Banned

That WaR clan was insane. They did move extremely quickly - they must know every single shortcut, and probably sent two guys max to each node.

Didn't enjoy getting destroyed, but it was interesting playing against such a good clan.

GAF still rules though. :)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Okay I played Resistence for the first time online tonight and had lots of fun. Can I be added to the GAF clan?

theBishop

Banned
Safe Bet said:
Yeah I'm out guys...

Safe Bet

what the ****!?

aren't you a supreme commander?

OverHeat

« generous god »
Safe Bet said:
Yeah I'm out guys...

Safe Bet

Why? What is your type of game.

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
That WaR clan was insane. They did move extremely quickly - they must know every single shortcut, and probably sent two guys max to each node.

Didn't enjoy getting destroyed, but it was interesting playing against such a good clan.

GAF still rules though. :)
Now I'm mad I had to bail so early last night, wanted to play more rounds but that one breach game that lasted the full 30min took away 2/3 of my final play time. I saw that clan mentioned on Gamefaqs before and wanted to see how good they were.

mckmas8808

akachan ningen said:
You have to pass the initiation exam, that is, PMing your info to kaching.

Alright will do. When is the next time you guys will get on for a battle?

jjasper

Man I missed out last night was planning on playing too. I got just got too into Zelda to stop, but I will try to catch up with you guys on Tues.

Edit: Or I might be down for tonight we will see.

yeah, that whole WaR match had my jaw drop. Within minutes they had a foothold in all the nodes. I think I need a new mic, I dont think any of you guys could hear me, I was talking but the mic wasnt appearing showing me talk from time to time, then nobody acknowledged me when I asked if they could hear me. Or everybody muted me.

SleazyC

mckmas8808 said:
Cool. So do you guys fight against other clans or something?
All we really do is run ranked games to help people rank up and just have fun overall. Clan matches take the game to another step and are usually smaller from what I've seen so it would be a bit of a problem for such a large clan as ours.

M3Freak

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Finally got a decent 7.1 PCM rig... man, the sound quality of this game is just rediculous... I didn't really believe the people saying it's a difference, but it really really is a noticeable difference...

The DD 5.1 sound track is awesome as it is: how much better does it sound compared to DD 5.1?

I've been considering upgrading our receiver, but it won't happen for another year or two (most likely two).

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Now I'm mad I had to bail so early last night, wanted to play more rounds but that one breach game that lasted the full 30min took away 2/3 of my final play time. I saw that clan mentioned on Gamefaqs before and wanted to see how good they were.

Your on EST, right?

I think we may need to have two meet up times soon so that everyone in the east can get some good gaming in, even during the weekdays. The CST guys could probably join in the EST meet ups, too.

So, how about adding 8:00 p.m. EST for Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday?

RavenFox

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Finally got a decent 7.1 PCM rig... man, the sound quality of this game is just rediculous... I didn't really believe the people saying it's a difference, but it really really is a noticeable difference... It just adds to even further the overall scope of the game... This game was totally underrated... If editors would've went deeper into the campaign to see some of the later levels, played a bit more online, and hooked this sucker up to a capable sound rig, it would easily come close to game of the year, maybe take it... I think it should...

I picked up an Onkyo TX-SR604 at circuit city... It's something to hold me over until Denon comes out with a nice 1.3 Rig, which is seemingly taking forever... And knowing them, their first units to support it will have a high tag on them, so i'll have something to hold me over until the price comes down a lil' on them...

This is just another advantage of Blu-Ray's storage that I can hope devs will jump on... uncompressed PCM sound... Make it so! I think Kojima maybe doing it from the sounds of his interviews...
Hmm I just might pick this bad boy up. CNET gave it a nice review.

mckmas8808

M3Freak said:
Your on EST, right?

I think we may need to have two meet up times soon so that everyone in the east can get some good gaming in, even during the weekdays. The CST guys could probably join in the EST meet ups, too.

So, how about adding 8:00 p.m. EST for Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday?

Yeah I'd like a EST meeting also.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Hey jstevenson, I've got two questions for you (which I'm sure were already asked but I dont recall the answer :p).

1 - Is it technically possibile to add online co-op to Resistance with a future patch? (I'd really LOVE to play it again with a friend even if I already completed it like 10 times)
2 - Is the PAL version going to include the already released patch or will Eurofellas have to download it?

Thanks

jjasper

jstevenson said:
Hey guys - lots of fun. The game of Breach we won in 5 minutes, absolutely brilliant.

I will try to join more often, but my life is rather hectic, and my weekend nights are generally not free.

JS

Wait if you are playing with us, who is working on Ratchet and Clank?

djkimothy

I regret bailing out early and missing out on the WaR fun. Just that a 10 PM start for me is a little late, especially on work nights. Sucks to that I have to whisper in the mic cause everyone is asleep.

Was still fun though.

I don't know how the point scoring goes, but it's wierd. There was a couple of times I was 4th-3rd in kills but I was placed 15th overall, does recaps of nodes really count for that much? If so, I should stop defending our base and go capture nodes. :D

BuddyC

I'll check again, but as of last night I hadn't received it. Also, it appears I've hit the max number of Friends in the XMB, but I'll try to clear some space and add you guys both there and in Resistance.

JB1981

djkimothy said:
I regret bailing out early and missing out on the WaR fun. Just that a 10 PM start for me is a little late, especially on work nights. Sucks to that I have to whisper in the mic cause everyone is asleep.

Was still fun though.

I don't know how the point scoring goes, but it's wierd. There was a couple of times I was 4th-3rd in kills but I was placed 15th overall, does recaps of nodes really count for that much? If so, I should stop defending our base and go capture nodes. :D

You get all your points in Breach/Meltdown by capping or recapping nodes. Racking up kills gets you squat. I believe I was defending with you during that long (AWESOME) Nottingham Breach match. Someone's gotta do it, right? We had our hands full.

BuddyC

kaching said:
Okay, I'll recheck when I add mckmas tonight.
Alright. If it makes any difference, I don't think I'd left my former clan until yesterday, so maybe the invite was auto-declined?

Top Bottom