• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

BuddyC

Bad_Boy said:
Better than nothing. AKA what you have been doing before today. ;)
I've been busy with school and work! Of course, both of those have died down to the point where they're practically non-factors anymore. The only real issue left is trying to balance in some time with the girlfriend, as her work and school schedule only leaves her free in the late evenings ...which tends to conflict with most of the NeoGAF games.

M3Freak

Banned
lunlunqq said:
customized games are going out of control these days. out of 100 games, 90 are all weapons at respown, infinite ammo, plus one-hit-kill... too chaotic for my taste...

Can't the customized games be password protected? That way we could restrict it to just GAF members. We'd be playing against each other, but it would still be a blast.

I really want to try out some of those other game types, but like you, not with the crazies that are playing custom games these days.

BuddyC said:
By the way, next time I play, we're totally doing some unranked Conversion matches. You folks simply do not know what you're missing out on. It's kinda like a two-tier survival match, where first you're a human, then a Chimera (with an adjustable number of lives). Of course, rage mode makes this rather interesting...

Sorry for not joining you guys tonight. Both times I tried, it was full :(

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
BuddyC said:
I've been busy with school and work! Of course, both of those have died down to the point where they're practically non-factors anymore. The only real issue left is trying to balance in some time with the girlfriend, as her work and school schedule only leaves her free in the late evenings ...which tends to conflict with most of the NeoGAF games.
Nah it's cool man, I understand. You are too good to play with us.

Just joking ;), I've been having the same issues lately so I understand. College has reduced my overall gaming time to a minimum compared to what I played over the summer and xmas break. And the girlfriend has to have her time as well. I dont play as much as I would like, I missed a few of GAF Clan game nights due to the same issues. Got a stack of new movies I havent had time to watch. etc

Hopefully I'll manage my time better. No class/work tomorrow so I'm taking the time to do some things I've missed this week. :)

jjasper

Man I was planning on playing tonight but for some reason I didn't think many would be on and my brother gave me Saw III BD for my bday so I watched that with him instead, oh well it seems the clan has grown so much that there are people on every night of the week, so I will probably jump on tomorrow.

MrBob said:
I'm more than likely buying a PS3 in the next couple weeks.

Save a spot in the clan for me. ;)

Looks like we got another one.

theBishop

Banned
M3Freak said:
Can't the customized games be password protected? That way we could restrict it to just GAF members. We'd be playing against each other, but it would still be a blast.

I really want to try out some of those other game types, but like you, not with the crazies that are playing custom games these days.

if you make a private game, the only way to join is if you are invited. no password required.

Kittonwy

Banned
lunlunqq said:
good games tonight. didn't expect so many ppl showed up.

customized games are going out of control these days. out of 100 games, 90 are all weapons at respown, infinite ammo, plus one-hit-kill... too chaotic for my taste...

I was really expecting only a handful of people but when I log on there were already like 14 or 15 people there.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Damn tonight was fun as hell. The only bad time tonight was the Mall deathmatch. We got our asses handed to.

Chris_C

Does Resistance have split-screen multiplayer online? I'm picking up my PS3 in a week or two and think I might as well get Resistance so my bro and I have something to play.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
BuddyC said:
By the way, next time I play, we're totally doing some unranked Conversion matches. You folks simply do not know what you're missing out on. It's kinda like a two-tier survival match, where first you're a human, then a Chimera (with an adjustable number of lives). Of course, rage mode makes this rather interesting...
Agree - I've been getting into this mode more and more. Matches tend to play out much less run and gun and it becomes much more of a hunt because everyone values their lives more.

Aeon712 said:
Tonight was awesome, best parts were Bad_Boy suddenly killing me with a shotgun, I was like wtf there are no team deaths:lol. And the 11 of us vs the air. Was fun throwing nades in the air, hedgehogs look cool when they fall:)

I was having fun with the AFGs. Sticking them high on a wall, the cloud comes down the wall, across the ground, and ignites with a HUGE spread.

Had me thinking of an evil tactic...Two AFGs stuck over the two tunnel exits of the opposition's base where they'll never see 'em. Hmm. Sounds like Kentucky Fried Fun to me!

Not as funny as the new "Park a LAARK" technique in the mouth of the tunnel that someone invented tonight, but good times ahead nonetheless.

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:
I hate that map.

But the mall has very pretty snow, yeah the level is a bit more confined, it's more of a twitch map.
Indifferent2.gif

rage1973

Anybody have troubling logging onto the servers tonight? I got on 15 minutes ago and I haven't been able to connect at all.

cochese

I havent touch this game in awhile (beat single player mode....AWESOME), but never really touched online, can I join the GA clan? If so...

SEMBE is my id

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Sorry I missed out! I was hanging out with GameJew.

The next couple of nights are crazy busy, and Sunday probably won't happen for me with the Superbowl, but I will try my best to appear on Saturday.

If nothing else, I may try to make Tuesday nights a regular thing.

JS

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
jstevenson said:
If nothing else, I may try to make Tuesday nights a regular thing.
Sounds good. Be sure to bring pics of R&C PS3 to the next one or you won't be making any night a regular thing with this clan. :p

jjasper

Mine is .877, but it is improving a lot at one point I think I had something like 80 more deaths than kills now it is down to like 30-40.

Aeon712

My Kill/death ratio is .777, but last night was crazy for me. I made up like 30-40 kills. I only finished one game with less kills and that was the mall where I had like 12/14.

The Jer

SleazyC said:
I find aim assist once again fits into my style of play. I move around a lot when I am shooting at someone so it really helps me stay locked on. I am sure that without aim assist on though you can probably aim a bit more precisely as far as pulling head shots off (as I find aim assist locks you onto the middle of an enemy player) but it probably would either take someone very skilled or a lot of practice to get good at this.

I have a question about aim assist. Is it actually an auto-aim type feature like in other console FPS games? Or does it cause your cursor to move slower when the targeting reticule moves over an opponent? I've heard both. It seems to me that it is the latter, but I can't tell for sure. And I don't notice that "tug" I usually get with an auto-aim feature. What do you guys think?

I do know I prefer to have it on. But I am also curious to know whether or not other people are using it (I know Pristine_Condition mentioned it earler).

jjasper

We kinda have 2 Resistance topics right now but I wanted to ask this in this one since it is better suited, where did I-8 come from?

Wollan

I just want to say that I will be updating the list as usual whenever the next 'official' meetup is (Saturday 6pm PST) so please be patient until then. ;) (All updates to the list will take place before each official meetups)

Wollan

Some small hints for the future from the latest Insomniac Blarg:

the Resistance:FOM online community continues to grow; More than 21,000 people have signed up at MyResistance.net in a little over two months, and you can find tons of games on the online servers!

Speaking of Resistance:FOM online, we’re continuing to support the game well beyond its launch. We released the first patch right before the holidays. While it took a bit of an adjustment for some, we believe it really has made the gameplay experience much more balanced and fun. We’ve got some other plans for Resistance: FOM, including some more downloadable Cloven accessories for members of MyResistance.net and some other stuff we’ll reveal as time goes along.

It’s going to be an exciting year at Insomniac, and we’re looking forward to continuing to share our plans with you as the year unfolds – perhaps even sharing them in some new ways.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/blarg_full.php?bid=28

Guess I'll do the "big list bump" honors tonight. I see Wollan and kaching have been updating!

Game on in 12 minutes!

Wollan said:
Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson - PST
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65 - PST
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE - PST
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213 - PST
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind - MST
Arde0 - Arde0
Red Blaster - Ranger-Albatross
djkimothy - djkimothy - EST
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

Matt_C - Matarick
M3freak - m3freak - EST
Gremmie4 - MOLeary
teepo - teepo
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
garrickk - Garrick
jjasper - jjasper - CST
Remy - RemyVJA
I3rand0 - I3rand0
Y2Kevbug11 - Y2Kevbug11

snack - snackcakeofd00m
SnakeXs - SnakeXs
Phoenix Down - Sky2k
aloof - aloof
ijm72 - younghov72
Pristine_Condition - HijoDelLocoRoco - CST
OverHeat - OverHeat
SonyCowboy - scowboy
dark_preacher - dark_preacher
ChanHuk - ChanHuk

LJ11 - LJ11 - EST
Aeon712 - Aeon712 - EST
Captain N - Captain_N
The Jer - TheJer - MST
Christopher - Chris_Russo
Snah - Lemm
squicken - squick3n - CST
DenogginizerOS - Denogginizer - EST
chespace - chespace - PST
J-Rzez - Johnny_Rzeznik - EST

[CFD] El Capitan - Evazan - PST
tanod - Tanod - CST
SleazyC - SleazyC - EST
rage1973 - rage1973
belvedere - Belvedere - CST

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! For us Europeans, March 23rd is the date of the PS3 launch with Resistance available on day one. Hopefully the dedicated servers of Resistance online will be international in time for that date. (Also, that will most likely be the week when Resistance breaks a million copies sold worldwide as well. /Sony sent Resistance to die.)

PPS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

lunlunqq

i'm very sleepy now so i will probably suck tonight... but i just cant pass on a chance to play part of the wedge... count me in.

Aeon712

I wanna play but I'm currently stuck at work. If you guys are still on at 11pm EST I'll see you all. If not then I'll prob be on the most part of tomorrow.

M3Freak

Banned
mics cut out a lot, so when you hear things quiet down, it's usually because of that. Sometimes we just don't talk much, though that tends to happen when people start calling it a night.

Top Bottom