• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

tanod

when is my burrito
Good games tonight everybody.

Ya know, I think we all have our bad games/nights but when we're playing together, it kinda washes and we still do about as well. The competition has definitely gotten better but maybe that has something to do with the matchmaking more than the general community getting better.

All this game needs is just a little more innovation........ and more cowbell. :D

Kittonwy

Banned
I can't believe how close we were to losing that last tdm against those two guys.:lol

Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

Kittonwy said:
I can't believe how close we were to losing that last tdm against those two guys.:lol

Indifferent2.gif

That last game proved that girls are evil, I was playing well all night then my phone rings the second rd against those guys and it's a girl I like and I become a walking target. 9/17 FTL :(.

lunlunqq

haha gg guys.

i just shot the guy once and sit out that 2nd round. got a 100% accuracy around. need 19 more to collect my medals. :D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Aeon712 said:
That last game proved that girls are evil, I was playing well all night then my phone rings the second rd against those guys and it's a girl I like and I become a walking target. 9/17 FTL :(.

Where the hell are your priorities? :lol

lunlunqq

Hi JS,

one question: when we have party going, how dose it do the game matching? will it match our whole party to another group with similar average skills? or it just find other players with same level of skills as the party leader?

SleazyC

jstevenson said:
Where the hell are your priorities? :lol
Obviously Resistance takes priority in my life. I'm just that hardcore. This past Saturday I defecated in my pants because I didn't have time to get up in the middle of a heated Breach match.

Damn you Resistance for taking control of my bowel movements!
<3

Kittonwy

Banned
SleazyC said:
Obviously Resistance takes priority in my life. I'm just that hardcore. This past Saturday I defecated in my pants because I didn't have time to get up in the middle of a heated Breach match.

Damn you Resistance for taking control of my bowel movements!
<3

:lol

Priorities, SleazyC, PRIORITIES.
Indifferent2.gif

Big-E

Im going to a friends house where a bunch of my friends want to try Resistance. In preparation, I tested my ps3 on a 480i tv and man I wish I could bring my hdtv over.

SleazyC

Big-E said:
Im going to a friends house where a bunch of my friends want to try Resistance. In preparation, I tested my ps3 on a 480i tv and man I wish I could bring my hdtv over.
Yea... playing Resistance at college is killer as I have a 480i TV at the moment. Back home I have 32" LCD that I play on but go go tax money to buy a small LCD!

I'll hop on to play tonight a little later.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
SleazyC said:
Yea... playing Resistance at college is killer as I have a 480i TV at the moment. Back home I have 32" LCD that I play on but go go tax money to buy a small LCD!

I'll hop on to play tonight a little later.

Junior year I worked seasonally at Best Buy, largely to get the discount to buy a TV, 12 months later I was running their Media department.

Heh.

Did get the TV tho.

jstevenson,

Is their a way to have a clan vs. clan tournament, Breach, meltdown, CTF ect.... and or have a clan ranking, ranking based on your clans avg. I think this would be a cool incentive for more clan vs. clan matches.

We can have something equivalent of battle of the bands and make it "Battle of the Clans.

SleazyC

jstevenson said:
Junior year I worked seasonally at Best Buy, largely to get the discount to buy a TV, 12 months later I was running their Media department.

Heh.

Did get the TV tho.
I've thought of working for a couple months at Best Buy just to get their discounts but I am seriously a lazy guy. I don't know how I actually get my assignments and any studying done since I am so damn lazy. Usually I work a decently paying job over the summer and just save up for the months at school from it. That's how I bought my PS3 and a bunch of other stuff. Mainly that 32" LCD was an impulse buy and it was much to big for me to take to school. So I gave it to my mom for Christmas since she had a pretty damn old TV. Woe is me.... until I get my tax return that is :D

Yea sorry I didn't make it on as well, got tied up playing some of the backlogged PS2 games.

gluv65 said:
jstevenson,

Is their a way to have a clan vs. clan tournament, Breach, meltdown, CTF ect.... and or have a clan ranking, ranking based on your clans avg. I think this would be a cool incentive for more clan vs. clan matches.

We can have something equivalent of battle of the bands and make it "Battle of the Clans.
Their is some sort of web ranking system out right now for clans and you can actually challenge other clans through it as well. I am sure jstevenson knows what I am talking about but I can't remember the name of the service.

Wollan

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST. 3hours 20min from now.

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson - PST
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65 - PST
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE - PST
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213 - PST
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind - MST
Arde0 - Arde0
Red Blaster - Ranger-Albatross
djkimothy - djkimothy - EST
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

Matt_C - Matarick
M3freak - m3freak - EST
Gremmie4 - MOLeary
teepo - teepo
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
garrickk - Garrick
jjasper - jjasper - CST
Remy - RemyVJA
I3rand0 - I3rand0
Y2Kevbug11 - Y2Kevbug11

snack - snackcakeofd00m
SnakeXs - SnakeXs
Phoenix Down - Sky2k
aloof - aloof
ijm72 - younghov72
Pristine_Condition - HijoDelLocoRoco - CST
OverHeat - OverHeat - EST
SonyCowboy - scowboy
dark_preacher - dark_preacher
ChanHuk - ChanHuk

LJ11 - LJ11 - EST
Aeon712 - Aeon712 - EST
Captain N - Captain_N
The Jer - TheJer - MST
Christopher - Chris_Russo
Snah - Lemm
squicken - squick3n - CST
DenogginizerOS - Denogginizer - EST
chespace - chespace - PST
J-Rzez - Johnny_Rzeznik - EST

[CFD] El Capitan - Evazan - PST
tanod - Tanod - CST
SleazyC - SleazyC - EST
rage1973 - rage1973
belvedere - Belvedere - CST
Google - deanplayd
3rdamention - Filth_Flannigan
cochese - SEMBE

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

Remy said:
The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

I forget who came up with the term in context. Wasn't my idea, although I seem to be the Preacher Of All That Is Wedge-like.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Kittonwy

Banned
Remy said:
I'm starting early. Assuming there isn't one yet, I'll gather the party tonight.

I'll join you soon, I'm copying the last of my seven PS2 memory cards to my PS3, as soon as I'm done I'll hop on.
Indifferent2.gif

I'm on right now, someone please send me an invite (still not in the clan yet).

PSN: Ranger-Albatross

Edit: Sent you a message Remy.

Edit Deux: Join party error...wtf

JB1981

Really fun games tonight. I just realized that there's not a game type that I dislike in MP. And man, Breach can be really brilliant (and tense) with good competition.

SleazyC

Jstevenson we broke the game again.

Got an error joining game message then we went to a black screen then we were stuck at the grey-in between life and death screen that you see when you start a game or die and had to quit out.

Kittonwy

Banned
Sorry to drop out of that breach game like that, my controller ran out of juice and for some reason I got kicked off, oh well I was doing well in the first round too.

See ya all tomorrow after the game if you decide to play that is.

It's 2:30am EST here and I'm starting to get drunk.
Indifferent2.gif

SleazyC

Good games tonight guys. I couldn't back out of the score screen in that last team deathmatch to say good night. But yea I might be on tomorrow after the Super Bowl.

ijm72

Very good games tonight. I had a lot of fun. I probably wont be on tomorrow because of the super bowl but I will catch you guys on Tuesday.

Aeon712

Just got off from playing 4hrs with the clan. We only lost one match tonight which is awesome just sucks that it happened right before I got my 20th straight win. I've also learned that going into rage mode before a fight as Chimera rocks.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Enjoyed the games last night. Sorry I had to drop. I was enjoying being a defender, but since you guys were doinig such a great job being offenders, I was falling asleep at our base. :lol

M3Freak

Banned
Aside from the crapp ass wifi connection problems that messed three or four of my games, I had a blast - so much so that I didn't even notice the hours go by.

I really liked the custom CTF, Conversion and Deathmatch games - those were a blast. I especially enjoyed mowing down Click in the CTF match when he was hiding out near his base with our flag - sweat vengence. :)

I'm looking forward to the big meet up on Tuesday, but I'll probably be on tonight too.

Remy

The CTF game could've used a few more people - the map was a little big for 12.

Also, if we do CTF again, it really should be humans/humans - the lack of radar for the Chimera really makes CTF lopsided.

The Conversion game was *really* fun, especially after you die and go into the peanut gallery. :)

I should be back on tonight as well.

OMG this game is awesome. Why didn't someone tell me? ;)

Just past
Cheddar Gorge
. Blimey was tough but I managed. Getting quite challenging now.

Had a quick blast of multiplayer too. Great fun.

Kittonwy

Banned
Remy said:
The CTF game could've used a few more people - the map was a little big for 12.

Also, if we do CTF again, it really should be humans/humans - the lack of radar for the Chimera really makes CTF lopsided.

The Conversion game was *really* fun, especially after you die and go into the peanut gallery. :)

I should be back on tonight as well.

I'm sorry I was hiding alot in that one.
Indifferent2.gif

Remy

Kittonwy said:
I'm sorry I was hiding alot in that one.
Indifferent2.gif

That's the thing about Conversion, though - getting a good position and holding it is a great idea *if you're already in the lead*. Everyone alive gains points at the same rate - so if you've fragged a few guys and have the lead position, you can afford to do it.

It's an interesting twist on Last Man Standing - probably the most fun I've had in a mode like that since Instagib LMS on the original UT.

Speaking of which, next time we do custom, we should do a regular LMS deathmatch. 10 lives or so?

Wollan

Reminder: Official meetup tonight at 6 pm PST. That's 3hours and 30min from now. I won't repost the list since we're on the same page as for the one used yesterday.

Wollan said:
Reminder: Official meetup tonight at 6 pm PST. That's 3hours and 30min from now. I won't repost the list since we're on the same page as for the one used yesterday.

Whos' going to be playing DURING THE SUPER BOWL?????

Great games last night guys. Lots of fun.

My internet connection to the house messed up on that last game, and I ended up going to bed before it came back on. Sorry 'bout that.

senahorse

Reading the post will all the names further up it says "for people with the US game" or something like, doesn't the jap version work with the US version of the game?

Top Bottom