• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

tanod

when is my burrito
squicken said:
Edit: And might I humbly make a suggestion to any developer reading this threa? Please level some sort of quitting penalty. Maybe if someone quits a ranked game, bar them from entering another ranked game for 10 minutes. We've been running into lots of quitter recently.

That would be annoying as hell. There was a game we were in the other night where half of the party got stuck in the lobby so, those of us in the game quit. To sit around for 10 minutes or whatever would have sucked. There are legitimate reasons for quitting in the middle of a game.

Maybe a 3 strikes rule could be used. 3 quits within a week of each other = no ranked play or XP for a week. Sounds good to me.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am not sure the quitters are fearing being GAFfed as much as they are leaving because they see 15-20 people all with the same tag and they jet.

M3Freak

Banned
I'm itching for some GAFing. I didn't get to play much this weekend, and probably won't tonight either. So, Tuesday better be a big turn out!

Anyway, the reason for this post is that I want to suggest we do a few custom games before jumping into ranked matches. Kind of like warming up before working out, we'll get loosened up, put us in the mental state for good "gaffing", and have an opportunity to "mingle".

We did this once, and man was my game improved. I played better after the custom matches than I had in ages. Someone else mentioned the same thing.

We can mix in custom games after playing a few ranked games. It'll keep us "loose".

Just some thoughts...

careksims

Thanks! I liked the rooftops Team Death Match. 20-40 people, 60fps, lots of explosions. A lot of fun. :D

Also I forgot to turn the sensitivity up. I was wondering why I didn't turn as fast.

Is it only with the headset that you can hear others? Well this is certainly better than Lost Planet Mulitplayer. Reminds me of the old Quake 2 days. Just being chaotic and fun.

M3Freak

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I am not sure the quitters are fearing being GAFfed as much as they are leaving because they see 15-20 people all with the same tag and they jet.

Same difference - meaning, there isn't any. :) But, that is what I was trying to say. Seeing a screen full of [GAF] tags usually means "you're done for", so they bail. That SUCKS.

I end up feeling sorry for the other team: "poor random dudes - their friends left them all alone to die". ::sniff::

DenogginizerOS

M3Freak said:
Same difference - meaning, there isn't any. :) But, that is what I was trying to say. Seeing a screen full of [GAF] tags usually means "you're done for", so they bail. That SUCKS.

I end up feeling sorry for the other team: "poor random dudes - their friends left them all alone to die". ::sniff::

:lol I was just trying to return the proverbial Craftmatic Adjustable Bed back to a normal position.

Aeon712

The wedge is even more powerful now that you get assists based on how much damage you actually do. Those 4 and 6 pointers helped us out on some of those team death matches.

Agent X

Aeon712 said:
The wedge is even more powerful now that you get assists based on how much damage you actually do. Those 4 and 6 pointers helped us out on some of those team death matches.

Are you sure it actually does that? I was thinking the 4 and 6 point assists were simply combinations of 2 or 3 separate assists within a short time frame.

Aeon712

I dunno, maybe JStevenson can shed some light on it. Yesterday was the first time I've ever received more then 2pts for an assist. Something else I noticed was that I only had to join Squad X-Ray once, every game afterwards had me start with the party in X-Ray.

Ragnarok10

There's a "glitch" in somerset whereas you can jump up on the brick wall on the outside of the level and move across the level with ease.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Aeon712 said:
I dunno, maybe JStevenson can shed some light on it. Yesterday was the first time I've ever received more then 2pts for an assist. Something else I noticed was that I only had to join Squad X-Ray once, every game afterwards had me start with the party in X-Ray.

It means you got multiple assists in a short time frame. Hence when it said "Assist - 4 pts" you actually had 2 separate assists.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i had some guy add me as a buddy and say:

"hey how are you . i visit your site all the time"

i asked him which site, and he said neogaf. So i guess we're pretty recognizable out there in the gaming world :lol (no shit)

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Official USB Playstation 2 logitech headset. I found it for 9 dollars and 82 cents new. :D

A fine choice. I used one of those for a while before I got the Bluetooth. Worked great. Quite sensitive, too. Think I only had mine turned up to just two or three. Super nice score at that price!

RoH

davepoobond said:
i had some guy add me as a buddy and say:

"hey how are you . i visit your site all the time"

i asked him which site, and he said neogaf. So i guess we're pretty recognizable out there in the gaming world :lol (no shit)

>=)

teiresias

I guess this is more of a general PS3 question than a Resistance question, but since this is the game most people are using Bluetooth headsets with I suppose I'll ask it here.

I have a Plantronics Voyager 510 (or whatever the number is), and I share it between my cell phone and PS3. I don't have any problem pairing it with both of them, but after I use it with either of them I have to re-pair it with the other device. For instance, if I was using it with my cell and had previously set it up on the PS3, I can't just turn off my cell's Bluetooth and have the headset pair back with the PS3. I have to actually delete the headset under the PS3 accessory menu and put the headset into pairing mode and set it up all over again.

Does anyone know if there's a way to not have to do this? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

garrickk

teiresias said:
I guess this is more of a general PS3 question than a Resistance question, but since this is the game most people are using Bluetooth headsets with I suppose I'll ask it here.

I have a Plantronics Voyager 510 (or whatever the number is), and I share it between my cell phone and PS3. I don't have any problem pairing it with both of them, but after I use it with either of them I have to re-pair it with the other device. For instance, if I was using it with my cell and had previously set it up on the PS3, I can't just turn off my cell's Bluetooth and have the headset pair back with the PS3. I have to actually delete the headset under the PS3 accessory menu and put the headset into pairing mode and set it up all over again.

Does anyone know if there's a way to not have to do this? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
I have the same problem. I don't think it's an issue with the PS3 or your cellphone; I think it's the bluetooth handset that can only be paired to one device at a time. It must hold a single key only at any time.

Supposedly, there are some headsets that can be simultaneously paired to two devices, but my Logitech won't. It's annoying and I'm considering getting another headset.

patsu

akachan ningen said:
I'm starting to feel like every match plays out the same way lately. We need some new maps.

Wow that means your performance is consistently good. I am inconsistent. Sometimes great, sometimes can't even survive longer than 2-3 seconds for the entire game. :(

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Last night im convinced i played the greatest Breach match in the history of Resistance. Full match and everyone had headsets. There was pretty much a sliver of health left on each base, and we decided to make a last ditch effort and pulled a wedge, and to our suprise the other team decided to as well! we meet up in the middle of the match (Grimsby) and it was seriously the craziest gunfight ever seen. I wish there was a way to record it because it was a hollywood style gunfight that lasted at least a minute long. We lost the match but that last ditch effort was worth it

teiresias

I'm nearing the end of the campaign, so I just entered
The Tower - bum bum bummmmmm
. One question though, how does Insomniac expect me to actually play the game when I can't stop staring at the scenery - good GOD!!!!

In any case, I really need to get in on the GAF games if I can get my scheduled syncd up with everyone - the few Breach games I've tried online just randomly have been perplexing and confusing and not much fun.

M3Freak said:

I typically do better when I'm left alone to fend for myself.

Safe Bet

Banned
jstevenson said:
It means you got multiple assists in a short time frame. Hence when it said "Assist - 4 pts" you actually had 2 separate assists.
I've gotten a 6pt assit...

*shock*

The Wedge Rules...

Anyone else found themselves saying, "Hey where the **** is my assist on that kill?!" while playing other online games?

*chuckle*

tanod

when is my burrito
AltogetherAndrews said:
I typically do better when I'm left alone to fend for myself.

I find when we're all together that we can have a set of different weapons equipped and it works out pretty well strategically. I usually like to have the shotgun equipped when I'm in a group. I think one of the best parts of the game is that every weapon is useful, though I do have some complaints with the carbide. A nice side effect from that is that there aren't people camping all the "good" weapons spawns.

+

I second the person earlier in the thread about playing some more custom games. I know I need a couple warmup matches to get into the flow of things, but with everybody getting on at different times, I don't think custom games work as a warmup. We should definitely mix it up more with some custom conversion or deathmatch if we are getting a certain game-type all night.

I've noticed too that on Saturdays, we get almost all meltdown games and sundays almost all breach, with the occasional TDM thrown in. Anybody else notice this? See you tonight, maybe. (Grad school SUXX3RS)

Kittonwy

Banned
I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE IS DOING THIS SO I'M DOING IT SINCE WOLLAN CAN'T DO IT BECAUSE HE'S IN AUSSIELAND NOW OYOYOY!!!111!!!.

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson - PST
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65 - PST
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE - PST
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213 - PST
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind - MST
Arde0 - Arde0
Red Blaster - Ranger-Albatross
djkimothy - djkimothy - EST
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

Matt_C - Matarick
M3freak - m3freak - EST
Gremmie4 - MOLeary
teepo - teepo
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
garrickk - Garrick
jjasper - jjasper - CST
Remy - RemyVJA
I3rand0 - I3rand0
Y2Kevbug11 - Y2Kevbug11

snack - snackcakeofd00m
SnakeXs - SnakeXs
Phoenix Down - Sky2k
aloof - aloof
ijm72 - younghov72
Pristine_Condition - HijoDelLocoRoco - CST
OverHeat - OverHeat - EST
SonyCowboy - scowboy
dark_preacher - dark_preacher
ChanHuk - ChanHuk

LJ11 - LJ11 - EST
Aeon712 - Aeon712 - EST
Captain N - Captain-N
The Jer - TheJer - MST
Christopher - Chris_Russo
Snah - Lemm
squicken - squick3n - CST
DenogginizerOS - Denogginizer - EST
chespace - chespace - PST
J-Rzez - Johnny_Rzeznik - EST

[CFD] El Capitan - Evazan - PST
tanod - Tanod - CST
SleazyC - SleazyC - EST
rage1973 - rage1973
belvedere - Belvedere - CST
Google - deanplayd
3rdamention - Filth_Flannigan
KTallguy - KTallguy
MrBob - MrBob2k7
acklame - Gamabunta

llTll - X-E-N-O-N

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

ABOOT TONIGHT, I WILL BE SHOWING UP TO TAUNT TEH HOSERS INTO SUBMISSION EH.

OH AND HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EH HOSERS.

RAWR.

Indifferent2.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The Resistance clan is massive!

For a game that was sent to die, it sure has picked up in popularity recently.

teiresias

I could have sworn I'd posted my PSN ID in the topic, but I didn't end up on the list. In any case:

PSN ID: Teiresias
Time Zone: EST

Also, how does the clan generally go about meeting up? I mean, once you're in the lobby how do you end up in the same game? All I saw was search options, but nothing that really seemed all that organized.

jjasper

jstevenson said:

Oh I thought that meant I caused more damage, that's good to know.

Ok I went to get on last night after 24 and my brother was playing. I finally got a chance to sit out and play and now I have to compete with my brother as he is hooked.

I haven't played much in the last month, but I made up for it last night: 5 ****ing hours after my wife went to bed. Ugh :lol

beware a sniper named MetalFingers. He's good. Damn good. I don't believe he's in any clan.
I feel I know the larger Manchester map inside and out, basically aware of all the good sniping spots, but this guy found one I never knew about- I'm still not quite sure how he got on one of the roofs (? jstevenson, is this a glitch?). I basically bypassed stats/kills so I could track him down. It was like Enemy at the Gates. :D I think he had like 150 kills in a Team Deathmatch.

Have there been many reports of 'cheaters' in Resistance Online? Other than the 'invisible' guy, I haven't heard of any.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Just a reminder - the list that Kittonwy has just reposted on behalf of Wollan is *not* the clan roster. The official NeoGAF clan roster can be found here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

It is up-to-date. Everyone listed as "Active" status has accepted a NeoGAF clan invite - we're officially over 100 Active members now.

(Kittonwy, please add this to the link to the roster to your call to arms post, if you could).

tanod

when is my burrito
Y2Kevbug11 said:
For a game that was sent to die, it sure has picked up in popularity recently.

I've noticed this too. Although, a nasty side effect of that is more cursing, racist loud-mouthed (sound like) 10-year-olds playing. Not very many but I think I may be getting an indication or hint at what the Xbox live people complain about. Though, it doesn't seem to be widespread. Hopefully, these cases stay at a minimum but muting is pretty easy so I won't complain. Anyway, I don't think we have anybody like that in the clan and when I play by myself, I usually leave my headset off.

There is definitely an upside to $500 or $600 or having to purchase a headset. The people that really want to communicate or play the game with people make the effort to get what they need. Barriers to entry FTW, in this case.

Sorry about any cursing on my part, btw. I know it bugs some people. My wife gets on me about that too. Old habits die hard. :(

patsu

Now I'm training to fight like a deaf: You sense the flow of battle and see where everyone is rushing to. Then follow. :)

But I'm getting owned last night while playing alone. Got a few 2-3 vs 6, 10 vs 17 games (Whatever happened to those AWOL soldiers ?). I could empty my whole Bulleyes magazine at someone standing still, and they just wouldn't die. I was playing from 10pm till 5am (because I couldn't let go, damn it). My Kill Death is falling like a rock. :(

Will try to get it back.

lunlunqq

Kittonwy said:
[ABOOT TONIGHT, I WILL BE SHOWING UP TO TAUNT TEH HOSERS INTO SUBMISSION EH.

OH AND HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EH HOSERS.

RAWR.

Indifferent2.gif

Oh thanks, Kittonwy!

now i have a broken relationship with my gf to worry about... i'm so f'cked up... :( but i will try my best to get online tonight.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
hey guys,

Just a reminder that the PlayStation Network is getting some maintenance from 2-4pm PST... online play may be inaccessible during this time.

JS

The Jer

jstevenson said:
hey guys,

Just a reminder that the PlayStation Network is getting some maintenance from 2-4pm PST... online play may be inaccessible during this time.

JS

Reminder? I never knew. Thanks.

DenogginizerOS

jstevenson said:
hey guys,

JS

Thanks for the info. By the way, did anything happen to the guy who was cheating the other night. I sent you a PM about the guy who evidently found a way to spawn at the opposing team's site and be indestructible.

Does it take a while for the MyResistance stats to catch up? I had a 7-kill streak on Sunday whilst attacking the base in a Breech game, (my longest ever) and it hasn't registered yet.

Big-E

Pristine_Condition said:
Does it take a while for the MyResistance stats to catch up? I had a 7-kill streak on Sunday whilst attacking the base in a Breech game, (my longest ever) and it hasn't registered yet.

I am pretty sure MyResistance is pretty instant with the stat updating.

Edit: I forgot. Streaks don't count in Meltdown or Breach.

M3Freak

Banned
TONX said:
Last night im convinced i played the greatest Breach match in the history of Resistance. Full match and everyone had headsets. There was pretty much a sliver of health left on each base, and we decided to make a last ditch effort and pulled a wedge, and to our suprise the other team decided to as well! we meet up in the middle of the match (Grimsby) and it was seriously the craziest gunfight ever seen. I wish there was a way to record it because it was a hollywood style gunfight that lasted at least a minute long. We lost the match but that last ditch effort was worth it

I had one of those once on a clan night. It was freaking awesome.

Usually people are spread out, but on that day our entire squad was fighting the other team, just outside their base. It was a sight to behold.

I wish too there was a record feature. Seeing as how the PS3 has a HD, it would be quite useful.

M3Freak

Banned
teiresias said:
I'm nearing the end of the campaign, so I just entered
The Tower - bum bum bummmmmm
. One question though, how does Insomniac expect me to actually play the game when I can't stop staring at the scenery - good GOD!!!!

I'm in a
tower
right now. I think the mission is called
A Darker Place
. Is that where you are?

Anyway, the game is a lot of fun at the moment. I'm staring at the scenery too. I'm playing the game a lot slower now because I want to take everything in.

M3Freak

Banned
Oh, I will definitely be on tonight. Need some gaming in, and I'm sick, so I have an excuse to sit on my ass! Yeah!

davepoobond

i'll most certainly be on too :D

but i gotta leave at around 11:00 so i can watch battlestar galactica which i missed on sunday from playing this game too much :p

Big-E

davepoobond said:
i'll most certainly be on too :D

but i gotta leave at around 11:00 so i can watch battlestar galactica which i missed on sunday from playing this game too much :p

The magic of a pvr allowed me to do both in the same night. Its a pretty decent episode.

davepoobond

Big-E said:
The magic of a pvr allowed me to do both in the same night. Its a pretty decent episode.

and i missed 24 because of resistance, too.

pvr costs like another 20 bucks a month or somethin...not really worth it...

Top Bottom