• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Wollan

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST. Also, this my next last clan-post. I'm moving down to Australia again as I've posted about earlier and someone needs to continue this. Time is running out, someone step up please. .

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson - PST
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65 - PST
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE - PST
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213 - PST
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind - MST
Arde0 - Arde0
Red Blaster - Ranger-Albatross
djkimothy - djkimothy - EST
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

Matt_C - Matarick
M3freak - m3freak - EST
Gremmie4 - MOLeary
teepo - teepo
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
garrickk - Garrick
jjasper - jjasper - CST
Remy - RemyVJA
I3rand0 - I3rand0
Y2Kevbug11 - Y2Kevbug11

snack - snackcakeofd00m
SnakeXs - SnakeXs
Phoenix Down - Sky2k
aloof - aloof
ijm72 - younghov72
Pristine_Condition - HijoDelLocoRoco - CST
OverHeat - OverHeat - EST
SonyCowboy - scowboy
dark_preacher - dark_preacher
ChanHuk - ChanHuk

LJ11 - LJ11 - EST
Aeon712 - Aeon712 - EST
Captain N - Captain-N
The Jer - TheJer - MST
Christopher - Chris_Russo
Snah - Lemm
squicken - squick3n - CST
DenogginizerOS - Denogginizer - EST
chespace - chespace - PST
J-Rzez - Johnny_Rzeznik - EST

[CFD] El Capitan - Evazan - PST
tanod - Tanod - CST
SleazyC - SleazyC - EST
rage1973 - rage1973
belvedere - Belvedere - CST
Google - deanplayd
3rdamention - Filth_Flannigan
KTallguy - KTallguy
MrBob - MrBob2k7
acklame - Gamabunta

llTll - X-E-N-O-N

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

Remy said:
The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

I forget who came up with the term in context. Wasn't my idea, although I seem to be the Preacher Of All That Is Wedge-like.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

SleazyC

davepoobond said:
how do i join the clan? i wanna play tonight with you guys
PM kaching your PSN id and be online at 9PM EST ready to go. If you still haven't got an invite then just message me that you want an invite (I think I'll be on tonight). If that doesn't work just post on the forums that you need an invite and someone in the clan should be browsing the forums and spot it.

M3Freak

Banned
I'll be on tonight - maybe. Going to watch a movie, and then maybe after that. I really want to play, but have to give time to the family. If not tonight, tomorrow for sure!

GAF it up, boys!

M3Freak

Banned
SleazyC said:
Hmm... seem to be having trouble logging into PSN at the moment. Going to keep trying and see whats up.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I couldn't play last night because I couldn't login. I wonder if today's the same deal.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
im about to go on right now. ive been dying for a capture the flag game all day. :D

patsu

Just came back from a party. Only played 1 TDM with the clan before it disbanded. Good to meet you TONX and squikn. My audio is not working for some reason, so I can't hear any of your chatting.

Aeon712

Has anyone ever had the problem where they'll be playing and the screen will leave for like a second or two? Happened to me last night in the middle of a gun fight. The screen just went to the blank HDMI screen and then switched back to the game. Good thing I came out on top of the fight or I'd be sad :(. I'll be able to play some games tonight till about 11pm est since tomorrow is one of my get up at 5am for work days :(.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Yeah the black screen glitch happened to me during the ctf match right before i picked up a flag. Its the only time thats ever happened though.

Its always a great time playing with everyone! Im totally addicted to playing this online now.

tanod

when is my burrito
Aeon712 said:
Has anyone ever had the problem where they'll be playing and the screen will leave for like a second or two? Happened to me last night in the middle of a gun fight. The screen just went to the blank HDMI screen and then switched back to the game. Good thing I came out on top of the fight or I'd be sad :(. I'll be able to play some games tonight till about 11pm est since tomorrow is one of my get up at 5am for work days :(.

It's kind of like the controller Bluetooth bug. It happens once in a blue moon. It's annoying. :( It's an HDMI "handshake" thing. I don't think you need to worry about anything like your PS3 blowing up though.

M3Freak

Banned
I'll be on tonight, though me wife is going to watching t.v. then too.

Hmmmm. I might try the picture and picture (that's what sony calls it) tonight. She can watch t.v. on one half, and I can play on the other.

SleazyC

I might be on tonight. Not sure as I'm two weeks out from finals and need to get some things done so I'm not up to my neck in working by the end of this week.

Kittonwy

Banned
Last night in the lobby I said I'm enjoying HD programming for the first time and someone said I would watch ANYTHING. He was RIGHT, freakin' Metallica going emo "OMG I FEELZ SO DARK AND LONELY INSIDE SOMEONE PLZ HOLD MEEEEE, OH OH YALL DON'T LUV MEEEEE WAAAAAHHHHH I'M GOING REHAB NOW KTHXBYE", and I'm watching it, OMFG I want to punch them in the face. I don't even like Metallica.

Anyway I think I'm going to be on tonight, maybe earlier than last night.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
Last night in the lobby I said I'm enjoying HD programming for the first time and someone said I would watch ANYTHING. He was RIGHT, freakin' Metallica going emo "OMG I FEELZ SO DARK AND LONELY INSIDE SOMEONE PLZ HOLD MEEEEE, OH OH YALL DON'T LUV MEEEEE WAAAAAHHHHH I'M GOING REHAB NOW KTHXBYE", and I'm watching it, OMFG I want to punch them in the face. I don't even like Metallica.

Anyway I think I'm going to be on tonight, maybe earlier than last night.
Indifferent2.gif

Yeah...that was me. I told you so. When I first got HD, I would have watched The Paint Drying Channel if it was broadcast in HD. I would have been like "No, I can't go out tonight...they are doing an hour long special on Dutch Boy paint tonight...I can't miss that!"

DiscoveryHD is the fuse. ESPNHD is the flame. "Bikini Destinations" is the bomb.

Wollan

Don't forget about the scheduled match tonight at 6pm.

Also, this is my last 'call to arms' post (since I'm now moving back to Australia) so now you guys are left to your own devices. :)

careksims

Sorry guys X_x People came over and it just ruined things. I was overwhelmed by the game and it's great! I will practice learning the maps more. Thanks guys!

Big-E

Good games guys. We only lost once at that was our last match but we kind of rolled over everyone like a garbage truck.

teiresias

I was playing the campaign and decided to log into the lobby for kicks. There were a bunch of GAF people in games, but I couldn't figure out how to see what games the people were in or even how to find a listing for it - I suck. :(

I did do a random ranked game of Breach and was getting my butt kicked - not to mention I had little idea of what was happening.

In the campaign I just got past
The tunnels - that tall part where you're climbing the tubes is pretty "wow" inducing, IMO.
, and now I'm in
the part where you get dropped in London - though I'm unclear how in the story Hale ended up from like the third floor of that tower and suddenly he's in London.

In any case, I can't get out of the freaking building they start you in. It's a freaking mob in there and I always run out of freaking ammo and get cornered. The game's starting to feel a little cheap there, but I guess I'll muddle through it somehow.

teiresias said:
I was playing the campaign and decided to log into the lobby for kicks. There were a bunch of GAF people in games, but I couldn't figure out how to see what games the people were in or even how to find a listing for it - I suck. :(

I did do a random ranked game of Breach and was getting my butt kicked - not to mention I had little idea of what was happening.

In the campaign I just got past
The tunnels - that tall part where you're climbing the tubes is pretty "wow" inducing, IMO.
, and now I'm in
the part where you get dropped in London - though I'm unclear how in the story Hale ended up from like the third floor of that tower and suddenly he's in London.

In any case, I can't get out of the freaking building they start you in. It's a freaking mob in there and I always run out of freaking ammo and get cornered. The game's starting to feel a little cheap there, but I guess I'll muddle through it somehow.

Yeah, that was the toughest part of the game for me, getting outside in London. But trust me, once you do get outside and get "rolling" in London, you'll get one of the biggest rewards the game has to offer.

Games were awesome tonight. Love having 18-20 players show up on Clan Nights.

careksims said:
Sorry guys X_x People came over and it just ruined things. I was overwhelmed by the game and it's great! I will practice learning the maps more. Thanks guys!

You played great for a noob with no headset. You also started out on the biggest maps, since we had so many GAFers online. Once you get a headset, you'll know what's going on and where to go a lot easier. Besides, it's all about having fun.

squicken

Man, I just am not good playing as a human. As a chimera, I do really well, but my game takes a major hit when I'm human. I think I'm getting too reliant on tagging people and constantly having sprint engaged as a hybrid, so I feel really off playing as a human. But we're still winning most of the time so I'm happy.

Dave, the wedge refers to football where a mass of blockers form a "wedge" to bust open a hole for the return man to run back kicks. I'm guessing that's GAF's usage of the word, a large mass of people tightly clustered, ready to get rocketed or grenaded for an easy multi-kill ;)

Edit: And might I humbly make a suggestion to any developer reading this threa? Please level some sort of quitting penalty. Maybe if someone quits a ranked game, bar them from entering another ranked game for 10 minutes. We've been running into lots of quitter recently.

M3Freak

Banned
squicken said:
Man, I just am not good playing as a human. As a chimera, I do really well, but my game takes a major hit when I'm human. I think I'm getting too reliant on tagging people and constantly having sprint engaged as a hybrid, so I feel really off playing as a human. But we're still winning most of the time so I'm happy.

I usually play better as Chimera as well. Their rage mode is super useful. My best weapon - by far - is the Bullseye.

Still, I don't play badly as a Human. The radar is very helpful, being able to run indefinitely is handy, and starting with a grenade helps big time. I think overall I've had more fun playing as Human than I have Chimera.

The one thing I've noticed is that you have to approach the game differently as a Human than you do as a Chimera. The strategy changes completely.

squicken said:
Edit: And might I humbly make a suggestion to any developer reading this threa? Please level some sort of quitting penalty. Maybe if someone quits a ranked game, bar them from entering another ranked game for 10 minutes. We've been running into lots of quitter recently.

Yeah, that will be helpful. The more we play together, the more other players hear about us. Even though we're not the best, we're good enough to make some people not want to bother playing, so they take off - that sucks. The other problem is that on clan nights there are so many of us, the opposing team goes O_- looking at all the GAFers, has a nervous breakdown and quits instead of just trying to kick our ass.

Still, it's nice to be able to steamroll. Feels good. hahaha

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
Yeah, that will be helpful. The more we play together, the more other players hear about us. Even though we're not the best, we're good enough to make some people not want to bother playing, so they take off - that sucks. The other problem is that on clan nights there are so many of us, the opposing team goes O_- looking at all the GAFers, has a nervous breakdown and quits instead of just trying to kick our ass.
Still, it's nice to be able to steamroll. Feels good. hahaha

Kittonwy: PREPARE TO BE GAFFED!!!111!!! RAWRRRRRRR!!!!!1111!!!

XXXXX has left the game
YYYYY has left the game
ZZZZZ has left the game

They fear my taunts. RAWR!
Indifferent2.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kittonwy said:
Kittonwy: PREPARE TO BE GAFFED!!!111!!! RAWRRRRRRR!!!!!1111!!!

XXXXX has left the game
YYYYY has left the game
ZZZZZ has left the game

They fear my taunts. RAWR!
Indifferent2.gif

Oh noes! You managed to bring that emoticon in Resistance too?!

BuddyC

Probably not going to make this week's games thanks to an epic workload and some more travels, but next week. Next week!

Top Bottom