• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

M3Freak

Banned
davepoobond said:
and i missed 24 because of resistance, too.

pvr costs like another 20 bucks a month or somethin...not really worth it...

You do know you can download that stuff, right?

M3Freak

Banned
Big-E said:
The Wedge is immune to grenades. Nothing can stop it.

I have to say that even though we run around in packs, I've yet to experience a mass kill with a Lark or whatnot. Sure, there have been many times where two or three of us get offed with a well placed grenade or Lark, but usually we just steam roll over everyone.

Nemesis_

I can't play online!

Does anyone know why? My NAT is set to "Type 3" (what is this? Open? Closed? Strict?), and whenever I select Multiplayer, I get a "Network connection error, cannot connect to network" message. I have a US copy of the game on a Japanese PS3.....will that be affecting it? Also, would the fact I'm in a territory where the PS3 hasn't yet been released affect it?

HELP! I wanna play Resistance online =(

(PSN Store works still >_>)

Big-E

Nemesis556 said:
I can't play online!

Does anyone know why? My NAT is set to "Type 3" (what is this? Open? Closed? Strict?), and whenever I select Multiplayer, I get a "Network connection error, cannot connect to network" message. I have a US copy of the game on a Japanese PS3.....will that be affecting it? Also, would the fact I'm in a territory where the PS3 hasn't yet been released affect it?

HELP! I wanna play Resistance online =(

(PSN Store works still >_>)

JStevenson says the network is going under maintenance for a little while today.

Kittonwy

Banned
Ragnarok10 said:
The "Wedge" sounds dangerous. Well placed grenade, anybody...??

Before they can throw a single grenade, we would have already bombasted them with our grenades hurhurhur.
Indifferent2.gif

Nemesis_

Big-E said:
JStevenson says the network is going under maintenance for a little while today.
This has been going on though, since the 19th, when I first got the game. =( Any ideas? Or has maintenance been that long?

Big-E

Nemesis556 said:
This has been going on though, since the 19th, when I first got the game. =( Any ideas? Or has maintenance been that long?

Nope shouldn't be that long. Try again tonight when the rest of GAF is on.

Aeon712

I'll be on tonight also, the last couple of weeks my kill/death has really shot up by like .200. I really wish I didn't have such a bad start when I was new :(. I'll get my 1.0 kill ratio some day.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
M3Freak said:
I have to say that even though we run around in packs, I've yet to experience a mass kill with a Lark or whatnot. Sure, there have been many times where two or three of us get offed with a well placed grenade or Lark, but usually we just steam roll over everyone.

i actually saw this happen. theres apparently a glitch in the corner of the breach grimsby map where when you're chimera in rage mode you bunch up together and go to the corner of your base and apparently the game screws up. well while they were all bunched up, this guy came in with a laark and just destroyed them. 8 kills easily in that one blow.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
For the GAF game tonight...wait five minutes. American Idol is on at 8 and I have to vote at least once....

....shut up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Scratch that.

AI is on for two hours and I can't be bothered to watch TWO hours. So I'll be on straight away.

Aeon712

I was sooo tired after work today, I just spent the last hr and a half power napping so that I could play. Getting on now.

patsu

Ok... mystery solved. Yesterday I was firing at a Chimera and couldn't put him down. That's because I was a Chimera too. :D

Happened today 1 more time... How do you spell sh-tupid ? Must be too much work and Resistance at the same time.

Ok, wtf is up with the grenades? I ran into firefights convinced I was armed with the grenades that I foolishly assumed I had received after walking over a pick-up, only to discover that nothing happened when I tried to throw grenades. This happened randomly in every one of tonight's games. :mad:

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Ok, wtf is up with the grenades? I ran into firefights convinced I was armed with the grenades that I foolishly assumed I had received after walking over a pick-up, only to discover that nothing happened when I tried to throw grenades. This happened randomly in every one of tonight's games. :mad:

Maybe someone ran over it before you did. Sometimes I wonder about that too, it could just be someone running right behind you sneaking in on the pick-up.
hem.gif

Aeon712

AltogetherAndrews said:

Sure it wasnt the granade round for the carbine? Also sometimes I miss weapons while sprinting or in rage mode.

The Jer

Aeon712 said:
Sure it wasnt the granade round for the carbine? Also sometimes I miss weapons while sprinting or in rage mode.

I always forget I have the secondary fire with the carbine. I'm not sure I've ever used it in MP. :\

careksims

GG guys! I extremely love this! I really hope FPS games in the future have 60fps 40 man team mulitplay! 60fps makes such a difference @_@. I finally understand Breach and the other modes now lol.

lunlunqq

great games tonight!!!

i just realized that i haven't eaten anything today... too much stress... the GAF games eased me up. really nice!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
careksims said:
GG guys! I extremely love this! I really hope FPS games in the future have 60fps 40 man team mulitplay! 60fps makes such a difference @_@. I finally understand Breach and the other modes now lol.

This makes me chuckle.

patsu

AltogetherAndrews said:
Nope, it was just me and the grenades. Annoying as hell.

It happened to me once, but it was because another chap was running side by side with me. I totally could not see him until I turned (realizing that I didn't hear the grenade-pick-up buzz).

Talking about glitches...

Another time I actually spawned inside/overlapped with another Chimera. It's as if I'm wearing a Chimera mask. :)

careksim said:

Careksim, I think you're one of the comrades I tried to take down today. :)
Muahahaha... hope you're not freaked out.

M3Freak

Banned
Nemesis556 said:

Used to happen to me a lot, until I found out that forwarding ports used my PSN to my PS3 was necessary. Since I did that, I've nary had a problem.

Here are the protocols and ports:

TCP: 5223
UDP: 3478 - 3479
UDP: 3658

After I did that, my Nat type changed to Type 2. It's been working very well ever since. I do have network dropouts here and there, but I think it's because of the wifi connection.

M3Freak

Banned
Games tonight were fun as always, but the competition was kinda sucky. Not as rewarding as usual.

Also noticed that we weren't talking much for the last few games. It's more fun when everyone is chatting during the games!

careksims

patsu said:
Careksim, I think you're one of the comrades I tried to take down today. :)
Muahahaha... hope you're not freaked out.

LOL. I will get a headset soon enough. I wanted to say "hey hey! I'm on your team!" Yeah, mix is confusing. It was trippy.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
Games tonight were fun as always, but the competition was kinda sucky. Not as rewarding as usual.

Also noticed that we weren't talking much for the last few games. It's more fun when everyone is chatting during the games!

I was less talkative tonight because I was more sleepy.
Indifferent2.gif

ROFL

Hail Britannia
bouc_emissaire said:
I like to see how Resistance cities are inspired by real cities :

resistvsreel.jpg

resistvsreel2.jpg

Yes, I think the mixture of elements from real locations blended with the invented alternate history stuff turned out rather well.

The Jer

bouc_emissaire said:
^ I was noticing this shot is zoomed in so the HUD is almost "cut out." What's up with the text at the bottom?: 'This standoff won't last! We're taking that supply truck. Braddock you've...'

supply truck?? Braddock??

And the guy in the last pic needs to use the shield/take cover. :\

Aeon712

patsu said:
Ok... mystery solved. Yesterday I was firing at a Chimera and couldn't put him down. That's because I was a Chimera too. :D

Happened today 1 more time... How do you spell sh-tupid ? Must be too much work and Resistance at the same time.
Opposite happened to me last night, during that mixed game our team couldn't tell friend from foe unless we were close enough to get the target to turn red. I actually went running with a chimera thinking we were gonna wedge tell he turned and shot me:lol.

Woo-Fu

Banned
davepoobond said:
yeah i know i can watch 24 on myspace...i just like watching tv shows on a tv ::shrug::

...which is what I do after getting each week's episode via torrent.

Presumably you've got a ps3 connected to your TV if you're playing Resistance, right?

Anyways, I was just chiming in to ask people how much longevity Resistance is having, and to find out how the online community around the game is changing over time? I'm looking forward to playing it myself and don't want to miss the window of viability, if it is has one like other online console games have had.

The Jer

Woo-Fu said:
Anyways, I was just chiming in to ask people how much longevity Resistance is having,

Very long... I'm not near bored of the game. I've seen the breach/meltdown multiplayer maps many, many times now. However, I have yet to play about half of the smaller maps yet (and I've logged over 300 games, which I'd think would be ~50 hours, or so). I haven't played custom games outside of what I've done with GAF, yet.

Playing with GAF is alot of fun.

The SP changes enemy spawn points, adds weapons, etc. with multiple playthroughs/difficulties. It's one of the few games, that I feel, is worth more than one playthrough.

Woo-Fu said:
Anyways, I was just chiming in to ask people how much longevity Resistance is having, and to find out how the online community around the game is changing over time? I'm looking forward to playing it myself and don't want to miss the window of viability, if it is has one like other online console games have had.

Lots of longevity/replay value. Tons.

If it weren't for Resistance, Blu-ray movies, and some of the downloadables, I'd be really down on PS3, considering I probably won't be buying another non-downloadable game until Motorstorm comes out (never was a big VF fan, and if I had it, I'd want to buy two sets of sticks...) As it stands, Resistance has been the perfect game to play while waiting for the PS3 software library to come around. Resistance is easily my most-played game on any platform right now, and has been all year.

The online community is changing in three big ways from what I've seen:

1. The Rise of the Clans: It seems most players belong to a clan now

2. Headsets are much more common. Thankfully, due in no small part to the proliferation of clans and so many "headset only" custom games on the servers, headset use is finally coming around. When I first started playing, if you had a 20-player team, four or five people would have headsets. It's much better now.

3. More competition. I'm running into a lot more good players and competitive clans with really good strategies than I did in the beginning. It will be a lot of fun when the next set of maps comes out to see what kinds of strategies emerge.

------

Hey, anybody playing tonight?

Top Bottom