• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
So tomorrow night is the next clan night. Good. I never seem to get a chance to join you guys and it looks like you're all having a blast.

BuddyC

TheProfessor said:
So tomorrow night is the next clan night. Good. I never seem to get a chance to join you guys and it looks like you're all having a blast.
I think I'll be around as well. Hoorah.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
holy shit, I still have a PS3?

Never got around to playing a Clan night match. Don't know when I'll ever have time!

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you. END

KITTONWY, maybe you could add this to the clan post if it's not already there?

DONE. (^_^)

Nice developer interview in the latest Game Developers magazine for interested folks

0207_600px.gif

fartblast

Banned
awesome cover for awesome game, finally played the game last night and was kinda like meh when i saw the gfx, but then i saw the kewl art directian and the awesome framerate with like 329749 doods swarmin u, and it was a fookin blast mate, played it on the hardest setting and it was still fookin fun as hell, would get a ps3 if i had the funds but gonna w8 4 a price drop

careksims

Yeah CTF has to be in small maps. Kinda like in WoW's CTF where you can still see the enemy's base and there is a open battlefield in the middle lol.

Kittonwy

Banned
Damn that cover is awesome, maybe they can do the wall-smash as the chimera melee move next time instead of just the rifle-smash?
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
You guys won against WaR last night??! Man, I missed it!!!! :(

We won the last round of a two round TDM against them, the first round we got pwn3d, so it was good that we kicked their asses in the second. That was very satisfying.
Indifferent2.gif

ROFL

Hail Britannia
<another thing that RFoM did that [few] shooters have done is give you an actual reason to fight or hate the enemy. i mean other than following orders a la:

halo: orders from sarge
half-life: orders from g-man, scientific curiousity
gears of war: in exchange for freedom and reinstatement in the army so now its your job
rainbow six: its your job
ghost recon: its your job
fear: its your job
crackdown: its your job
killzone: its your job
doom: youre a marine, its your job
quake: uh, does this game have a story yet? =)

strangely enough, the only "shooter-ish" games i can think of where you're motivated by something other than orders are the GTA games and mercenaries.>

Hope they don't mind me quoting them. Obviously Hale is a soldier, but I think they mean the game/story manages to make you *feel* motivated to go out and beat the aliens yourself rather than simply following orders from the game or characters... anyone agree with that interpretation?

Source:
http://******.com/gaming/resistance-fall-of-man/resistance-gets-new-content-in-april-239855.php

SleazyC

M3Freak said:
You guys won against WaR last night??! Man, I missed it!!!! :(
I only remember seeing one WaR person and I think the clan tag was actually WAR. Can't remember much more than that though.

Pewp

ROFL said:
Hope they don't mind me quoting them. Obviously Hale is a soldier, but I think they mean the game/story manages to make you *feel* motivated to go out and beat the aliens yourself rather than simply following orders from the game or characters... anyone agree with that interpretation?

Source:
http://******.com/gaming/resistance-fall-of-man/resistance-gets-new-content-in-april-239855.php

Correct me if I am wrong....but don't you take orders from people in the single player campaign?

Pewp

ROFL said:
Never mind.

I understand what hes saying, its just you are taking orders the entire time and I personally feel like I Hale was doing it just because his heart leads him that way or some bullshit like that.

Chris_C

Just got my copy in the mail this morning and have started the first parts of the campaign, I'm astounded at how many poly's this game pushes, it's an absolutely sick level of detail. I might be in the minority but I generally take a fair amount of time to explore environments, you can actually see individual cigarette stubs and bottle caps, tin cans and stuff littered all about. It's crazy, and the image quality is amazing as well.

Wollan

sonycowboy said:
Nice developer interview in the latest Game Developers magazine for interested folks

0207_600px.gif

They usually don't sell this at stores and I'm not a subscriber. I guess there's no easy way for me to buy this single issue?

Kittonwy

Banned
OMG I've finally finished the game on Superhuman tonight. That last battle was intense. SO AWESOME.

SO

AWESOME.

I'm sorry I couldn't play online tonight since I was finishing Superhuman. See you all on Tuesday night.
Indifferent2.gif

SO AWESOME.

Kittonwy

Banned
Tonight is...

Tuesday night!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson - PST
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65 - PST
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE - PST
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213 - PST
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind - MST
Arde0 - Arde0
Red Blaster - Ranger-Albatross
djkimothy - djkimothy - EST
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

Matt_C - Matarick
M3freak - m3freak - EST
Gremmie4 - MOLeary
teepo - teepo
krypt0nian - lastsonkrypt0n
garrickk - Garrick
jjasper - jjasper - CST
Remy - RemyVJA
I3rand0 - I3rand0
Y2Kevbug11 - Y2Kevbug11

snack - snackcakeofd00m
SnakeXs - SnakeXs
Phoenix Down - Sky2k
aloof - aloof
ijm72 - younghov72
Pristine_Condition - HijoDelLocoRoco - CST
OverHeat - OverHeat - EST
SonyCowboy - scowboy
dark_preacher - dark_preacher
ChanHuk - ChanHuk

LJ11 - LJ11 - EST
Aeon712 - Aeon712 - EST
Captain N - Captain-N
The Jer - TheJer - MST
Christopher - Chris_Russo
Snah - Lemm
squicken - squick3n - CST
DenogginizerOS - Denogginizer - EST
chespace - chespace - PST
J-Rzez - Johnny_Rzeznik - EST

[CFD] El Capitan - Evazan - PST
tanod - Tanod - CST
SleazyC - SleazyC - EST
rage1973 - rage1973
belvedere - Belvedere - CST
Google - deanplayd
3rdamention - Filth_Flannigan
KTallguy - KTallguy
MrBob - MrBob2k7
acklame - Gamabunta

llTll - X-E-N-O-N

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

I've been coming to this thread since it started and time and time again I feel like I have to get Resistance once I get my Euro PS3. From several impressions I've read it looks like it is not just a very good launch game but an overall good next gen game. I really, really hope I can get it with my PS3.

garrickk

Something tells me we'll have enough people for 2 parties tonight.

Perhaps a password locked Custom game will be in order with GAF vs. GAF grudge matches? Does the party system work easily with custom games (I know you can create them, but can you join one)?

Pewp

That was awsome tonight. I had 18 kills in a row....and then the round ended. So close to getting that 20 medal :(

I had a great time for my first clan meeting and I can't wait for the next one :lol

Treo360

ROFL said:

Source:

being a US Army Vet I find it hard to believe that a Master Chief Petty Officer taking orders from a Sgt. Ever.

i know what you meant though.

Chris_C said:
Just got my copy in the mail this morning and have started the first parts of the campaign, I'm astounded at how many poly's this game pushes, it's an absolutely sick level of detail. I might be in the minority but I generally take a fair amount of time to explore environments, you can actually see individual cigarette stubs and bottle caps, tin cans and stuff littered all about. It's crazy, and the image quality is amazing as well.

I know what you mean...this game is such a technical and artistic showpiece :D

tanod

when is my burrito
Chris_C said:

I like knocking the pool balls off tables and following them around the room. :)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
brandonh83 said:
I may be getting this on Friday, and if I do I'd like to be added to the clan. :)
When you get the game you'll need to login to the online MP first, so the Resistance network registers your PSN ID as a valid RFOM player. Then, send me a PM that includes your PSN ID and I can send you an invite.

kaching said:
When you get the game you'll need to login to the online MP first, so the Resistance network registers your PSN ID as a valid RFOM player. Then, send me a PM that includes your PSN ID and I can send you an invite.

Will do.

f@luS

More than a member.
Any news about international online gaming?
Or i will not be able -ever- to play with my friends here (theyre buying pal ps3)

Top Bottom