• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resogun Does It Again: New, Free Content Out Now, New Challenges/Features/Trophies

DLC hits next week, free content out now and it's jaw droppingly expansive, and FREE!

There are a couple of main things here:

1) Photo Editor Mode
2) Weekly Challenges
3) 50 Normal Challenges
4) 26 Human Skins
5) Concept Art
6) 225 Feats!
7) 9 New, Free Trophies

This is ALL FREE and can be played right now!

The first thing to note is that you now have a rank! Start at level 1, gain CP to rank up, and unlock new challenges, and presumably new human skins (comes with their own in-game sound effect), and other content (like concept art) through ranking up.

2) WEEKLY CHALLENGES

Basically, Housemarque gives you a challenge to complete every week like "Get high score on this level, but you can only move right", "Get high score on this level, but shooting is disabled", etc.

The higher you score, the more CP you get, with the top scores getting huge payouts.

3) BASIC CHALLENGES

There are about 50 of these! You unlock the rest by leveling up.

Here is the default one called "The Humans Are in Another Castle":
-Every "group" of enemies killed drops a human. You have to save as many as you can. There are humans EVERYWHERE!! It's like a mad game of hungry hungry hippo!

A good strategy is to shoot the humans, and dunk like 5 of them at a time if you have a lot on the map, since they are bouncing around everywhere.

It's freaking addictive!!

You can also play these online with a friend!! You get graded on Bronze, Silver, and Gold at certain intervals too (50, 150, 200+ if I remember) and have one life to do it.

You can unlock the rest of these challenges by ranking up, and there are about 50 of them, like I said.

4) 26 Different Human Skins

It seems you can unlock human skins, though some are already unlocked if you played the game during special days (I have a turkey for example, from thanksgiving). I assume you can unlock more as you rank up.

5) You can also unlock Concept Art

6) 225 FEATS

This is a ridiculous number of missions. They range from everything you'd expect. Think of them as trophies that couldn't be included. It seems like there is always something to chase, regardless of what mode you are playing.

Some include "Destroy 75 enemies with a single boost", "Get 40 M points on Experienced difficulty", "Kill a sentinel with a shield explosion"

7) NEW TROPHIES

There are like 9 trophies associated with this free content, and more associated with the DLC for next week

There is also some UI changes that make the game look better/easier to navigate.

------

You can play this stuff right now, in addition to the existing free ship editor that came the last update. It really adds a serious amount of variety to the already existing main arcade mode.

The new DLC hits next week with two new modes, and some of the specific mini-games/challenges are tied to the new DLC.

It's rather incredible, and I just felt like Housemarque deserved some recognition for pulling in extra time to give us free content that will largely go unnoticed.

shwimpy

HELL YES. I bought SSD Ultra last night but all I thought while playing was, I'd rather be playing Resogun.

Still by far and away the best game on the PS4.

Brady_zps5fzcdeon.gif

ThatManTy

Neo Member
So they were working on this new content, while getting Super Stardust ported to PS4. What a nice surprise week from Housemarque. Gonna have fun playing both of these again for a few days.

Noshino

I dont know about their history prior to SSD HD, but since then, every game for Sony has been great

Glad to see that Sony keeps giving them work

So they were working on this new content, while getting Super Stardust ported to PS4. What a nice surprise week from Housemarque. Gonna have fun playing both of these again for a few days.

The Stardust port was done by someone else.

I do hope we see a Stardust by Housemarque, largely because I want this kind of amazing content in a spherical game.

rbanke

I'm a fan of Housemarque, but for some reason despite being super excited about Resogun I just couldn't get into it. This is a good reason to give it another go, hopefully it hooks me this time. Such a great looking game.

Persona7

Banned
Does anyone know why this game is on my account? I didn't buy it, I don't have PS+ and it was just sitting on my library when I got my PS4.

AwShucks

Oh god, this is available now? I thought it was next week with the DLC. But I just started Rogue Legacy and that's super addicting too.

Does anyone know why this game is on my account? I didn't buy it, I don't have PS+ and it was just sitting on my library when I got my PS4.

Doesn't matter why, great game, just enjoy it for apparently free :)

Finally a developer who can support their title without it meaning sell DLC.

Foreign concept I know.
Actually, they also sell DLC, but they're confident enough in their offering and the goodwill they've garnered to not nickel and dime everything.

Great game with an amazing level of support. They've done everything right.

ThatManTy

Neo Member
Also we might get some Alienation news soon!

Ya man, this year is looking good so far.

The Stardust port was done by someone else.

I do hope we see a Stardust by Housemarque, largely because I want this kind of amazing content in a spherical game.

I know haha, I prob could have worded it a lil better.

I've been super addicted to Rogue Legacy, but this will make me put it down for a few hours.

Persona7

Banned
Oh god, this is available now? I thought it was next week with the DLC. But I just started Rogue Legacy and that's super addicting too.

Doesn't matter why, great game, just enjoy it for apparently free :)

Oh yeah, I've definitely enjoyed it already. I actually was going to purchase it but it was already on my account so I was surprised.

I'm playing right now and I am amazed this is all FREE. Thank you very much, Housemarque.

Here are a few screens of how the new menus look:

Just tried the first challenge and it's fun. Sooooo many humans! Anyone else having it show "Could not retrieve rankings data" for challenges? Just curious.

I could say without a doubt, this is the best twin stick shooter I've ever played. Geometry Wars...you were on top for a few years, but there's a new king.

Oppo

What the fuck?!

Time to scroll a long, LONG way to the right along that stupid excuse for a xmb bar to find the fucking icon.

I beg of you, good sir: should you manage to accomplish such a perilously long 3-second depression of the d-pad right button, do send word about casualties and births that occurred during the journey, so that we might know what befell our family members.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Amazing. I just got the platinum the other day and did most of the current DLC, but I definitely wanted to have some additional goals. More trophies and challenges sounds awesome.

What a killer month for twin-stick shooters.

Top Bottom