• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

JoeFenix

I said enable the D-Pad, not mandate it. There are a lot of us out there playing games a lot more intense than this with microswitched joysticks. You're wrong about the U/D on the right stick though - you'd have full U/D/L/R at any time, with only a tiny amount of movement either way needed to fire.

Way it is now, is just wrong because needing to move up/down quickly kills your horizontal movement. I'd prefer more flexibility to people can configure it to suit - not sure why that's so unfashionable these days..

Maybe it could be patched in

I see what you're saying but to say it "kills" your movement is a bit much, there's only a slight change in speed if you finesse your up/down movements. The game is basically designed around analog controls (alot of situations require you to match speed with bullets or enemies) but more options wouldn't be a bad thing for people who absolutely want to use a D-Pad.

Mindlog

Phase 5: repeat phase 1 while dodging the bullets it sprays in bursts. Stay medium range and dive between bullets as they spread. Tap boost if you need to.
On lower difficulties phase 5 can be even easier. Boost into the hydra under its curving body. You can keep boosting into the curve and never have to dodge a single bullet :]

Woah this game is awesome. First game to blow me away. Only done the first level and again on the Vita (wow) but really great game. Housemarque does it again!

Rich!

This game is awesome, but it's kicking my ass in veteran mode.

I'm really disappointed at how the PSN video sharing compression ruins it. I wanted to show it off on my facebook, but it fucks up the entire image. gah

Screenshots are alright though

AlexEfy

Banned
The biggest praise I can give this game is that I think it's more fun than ikaruga and I used to play the hell out of that on my GameCube.

The game is the best looking thing I have ever seen it looks like it's popping out of my tv screen. And that steady 60fps, I don't know how they do it when there is so much going on.

Trying to maintain that multiplayer is where the game has got me hooked. I'm having a lot of fun with it and I knew I would like it as iv always loved shooters but it surpasses my expectations.

I got the killzone bundle yesterday but it's not going to get a look in I'm addicted.

Number45

Man, the last boss murdered me badly. :(

Also, I'll be genuinely amazed if anything else in this generation ends up being more stressful than trying to keep your multiplier up.

Timu

Game is short(40 some minutes) and crashed my PS4, but addicting and fun, should try to take screenshots and play on hard modes as well.

Grinchy

Banned
I had great success going for the multiplier achievements using the seeking ship (first one).

I got the 15x without even trying using Phobos. I just rage when I can see 2 enemies left from a phase and they are on the other side of the screen, so to keep my multiplier, I set off a bomb. But the bomb doesn't reach them in time so I lost my multiplier AND a bomb lol

It's fun rage though

FluxWaveZ

Finally made it to Hero mode. Yeah, the multiplier in that mode's insane. I feel that the increase in speed there is good training for Master difficulty itself.

jsip

Banned
If you guys are having issues keeping the MP up and dont care much to save humans (if you already have all of those trophies) just keep a human on the ground and hold on to a second one. Picking up a human resets the multiplier timer and getting a human to a tractor beam also resets the timer. Stay near one of the two tractor beams and in the event you find yourself without an enemy to kill, save a human to keep your multi going or pick one up.

Another tip is to NOT KILL ANYTHING WHEN A PHASE IS COMPLETE. Stop shooting immediately. Many times you will still have enemies on screen during completion of a phase. When the next phase starts you will notice your multiplier is BLUE indicating the countdown is stopped and will ONLY restart when hit another enemy. Keep those enemies alive and wait until more spawn.

Weapon power ups. Shooting them adds to the multi. If you dont need it right away keep it up and only shoot it when you need to to reset the timer.

Another good idea is allow some of the larger enemies to turn GOLD. They become much harder to kill. You dont need to kill anything to keep resetting the timer. Just hit any enemy and the counter resets. Keep a few floating around and just peck at them to keep from losing your multi.

Bomb. Try using it when you are in trouble and there's no other way to live but try to time it as enemies begin to spawn. If you hit it while the clear white blocks are coming together, you can kill all enemies on screen while ignoring the mid-spawn enemies so you have something to shoot after clearing the screen.

Final tip, when using OD, dont kill everything. Use it defensively as an oh shit moment. Clear only the immediate area around you until you are safe to keep enemies on screen elsewhere to keep your multi going.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do humans work? I thought that those little trails come up and if you shoot all the enemies moving along it, it'll release the humans. But sometimes I don't see one of those appear, and the human just dies.

Do games have digital manuals? Is it under the game's info page which is currently disabled?

How do humans work? I thought that those little trails come up and if you shoot all the enemies moving along it, it'll release the humans. But sometimes I don't see one of those appear, and the human just dies.

Do games have digital manuals? Is it under the game's info page which is currently disabled?

Some humans are free from having a high enough combo at certain times. Confused the crap out of me for the longest time, too.

JoeFenix

Finally made it to Hero mode. Yeah, the multiplier in that mode's insane. I feel that the increase in speed there is good training for Master difficulty itself.

Definitely, you get much better at Master by playing on Hero.

I love how all the spawn patterns stay the same, everything you learn in this game carries over to other difficulties.

jsip

Banned
Some humans are free from having a high enough combo at certain times. Confused the crap out of me for the longest time, too.
Not just this but some keepers do not run along trails. Some keepers come in groups and some need to be killed in a specific order.

What's the deal with the humans in the game? Level 2, within about 10 seconds it says Human Lost, but I can't see anywhere on the level where they are? Also, you get two flashing at once sometimes, you grab one, and the other one dies (and I can't even see where it is!).

Do you get them out of their little houses somehow? Sometimes there is a green arrow showing where they are, other times there is not.

Number45

Screw all the people that bemoaned those saying this is worth buying a console for. Played barely 10 minutes of KZ, 30 of Contrast and I haven't even unwrapped NFS.

What's the deal with the humans in the game? Level 2, within about 10 seconds it says Human Lost, but I can't see anywhere on the level where they are? Also, you get two flashing at once sometimes, you grab one, and the other one dies (and I can't even see where it is!).

Do you get them out of their little houses somehow? Sometimes there is a green arrow showing where they are, other times there is not.
When the human is released, there's always a green arrow indicating their location. However if you don't meet the criteria for releasing them they'll die in their cube - criteria can be either killing all of the keepers (and in the right order if necessary) or having a high enough multiplier.

meppi

Screw all the people that bemoaned those saying this is worth buying a console for. Played barely 10 minutes of KZ, 30 of Contrast and I haven't even unwrapped NFS.
Seriously, if I only got Resogun with the system I would have been more than pleased.
I wish there was an option to actually buy the game even though I got it for free on PS+, just to give them more support.

Seriously, if I only got Resogun with the system I would have been more than pleased.
I wish there was an option to actually buy the game even though I got it for free on PS+, just to give them more support.

You'll have the opportunity to support them when they release DLC.

Xarpolis

Neo Member
Yeah, you need to be on the lookout for the green glowing keepers. They cause Humans to drop out of their boxes. If they leave the screen without being killed, their Human dies.

Xarpolis

Neo Member
It just adds a little bit of complexity to the otherwise "kill everything" theme of the game. It just helps challenge you more.

Steroyd

So happy with myself when I beat the game on Veteran watching the trophies roll in, and then... I started Master difficulty.

Sweet mother of god!!

I've noticed that I try too hard to collect the humans the moment they are freed, I need to learn restraint, and grab them when I can instead of immediately, they don't run off cliffs and jump into water on their own do they?

Mondy

Banned
I think this game would have been better if they completely left the humans out of the game entirely.

It does seem like as soon as you get the human related trophies, their existence becomes utterly pointless except for a moderate points boost at the end of the game.

EDIT: That isn't entirely correct; saving humans gives you useful bonuses like Shield, extra lives or temporary weapon upgrades.

Is Overdrive useful on bosses?

Well, it does keep you invincible and can do some damage. May as well use it if you have it since OD resets at the start of a new level.

Sometimes when keepers are released, there are reticules around them. You must kill these marked keepers first, before killing the other ones from that wave.

danthefan

I'm really awful at these games, but it's so much fun. Trying to save all 10 humans on the first level, can only get 9 so far, sometimes they just seem to die out of the blue.

Quality game though.

Akkad

Banned
I'm really awful at these games, but it's so much fun. Trying to save all 10 humans on the first level, can only get 9 so far, sometimes they just seem to die out of the blue.

Quality game though.

It took me forever to save the humans on the 2nd level, then I did it twice in a row and beat the boss. I suck at these games as well, but keep on trying.

test_account

XP-39C²

Quality game though.
Same thing happends to me. I think the reason why they just seem to die sometimes is because the green spaceships (i dont remember what they are called) leaves before you shoot them. If you dont take them out before they leave, one human in the game will die.

BadHand

for the trophy where you need to beat experienced without using a continue... it really pays to know when the extra lifes are coming.

Level 1: Human 10
Level 2: Human 8
Level 3: Human 7
Level 4: Human 2
Level 5: Humans 9 & 10

It might be useful to know where the bombs are too.

I got my platinum last night.

Top Bottom