• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETRO CITY RAMPAGE |OT| Your entire childhood rolled into one

Squire

Banned
This is awesome. I love how they managed to reference
The Dark Knight
and
Inception
inside the same ten minutes.

Actually, someone may want to start a spoiler thread if the game is popular enough.

Branson

Guess ill take my chances and buy it on steam and if it doesn't have my resolution then ill have to double dip with the ps3 and vita.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Tried the demo on PSN. I really love all the options for filters and wallpapers and stuff like that. But the actual game is so incredibly boring, I think I'm gonna pass on this game.

Het_Nkik

Just wanted to confirm that any USB pad will work on the PC version. You just have to "calibrate" the controller (assign buttons) when you first start. Using my Saturn USB controller to play.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
There were so many references in this game that I just had to take a break and reflect on them. This game is just oozing with homages.

Takao

Banned
ssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good

:bow Brian

There are way too many video options for me to take screenshots of them all. I'm currently rocking the Super Video Brick simulation mode with the Brick Handheld colour mode, and Dox Matrix scan lines.

Is it really port begging when the game's coming out for every platform ever, though? Haha.

I'm guessing the game will end up on the eShop eventually.

By then, I'll probably already own it on three different platforms.

True, it is weird that it's not hitting that platform when everything else is getting it.

apesh1t

Banned
Pretty much what I was expecting. The controls are really stiff, I was never a fan of the GTA 1/2 style tank controls, but I'll learn. The references are like, bam bam bam, one after another, I had a really hard time following it. Seems like he had a bunch of references pre written then wanted to slam them all in. It's actually kind of hard to follow on screen, I put it to full screen mode and had a slightly easier time.

The package itself is amazing it's just the game itself needs work. I'm not really sure what could be done to fix it since there aren't many other games out there that I can draw reference to. I'll get it, but I may just hold out for the XBLA version.

Aeana

Kinda disappointed that most of the music isn't actually new music. A lot of the stuff is stuff virt released long ago as part of his fx albums or things like that.

Pretty much what I was expecting. The controls are really stiff, I was never a fan of the GTA 1/2 style tank controls, but I'll learn. The references are like, bam bam bam, one after another, I had a really hard time following it. Seems like he had a bunch of references pre written then wanted to slam them all in. It's actually kind of hard to follow on screen, I put it to full screen mode and had a slightly easier time.

The package itself is amazing it's just the game itself needs work. I'm not really sure what could be done to fix it since there aren't many other games out there that I can draw reference to. I'll get it, but I may just hold out for the XBLA version.

Huh? The game doesn't have tank controls.

Squire

Banned
Ran into a glitch where vehicles don't move for me. Restarted the game and it persisted. Re-installing to Vita now.

EDIT: My vehicle controls just switched from auto to manual, I think. Weird.

In other news: Tank it 2 the Max RULES.

Lucifon

I dont even remember if I bought this on the humble bundle

how would I know?

Oh man the Bit Trip Runner arcade game is excruciatingly difficult, mainly because the timing seems off and it just doesn't feel responsive. Like the homage to it but it's not 'fun'.

Robso

Just tried the demo. Found the vehicle controls a bit hard to grasp at first. I'm very intrigued by it but firmly on the fence. Will see what reviews make of it.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So good on the Vita. Kind of wish I could go on a roadtrip just to gobble up a little nostalgia with the GameBrick skin.

ArjanN

Oh man the Bit Trip Runner arcade game is excruciatingly difficult, mainly because the timing seems off and it just doesn't feel responsive. Like the homage to it but it's not 'fun'.

...that kind of sounds just like actual Bit Trip Runner to me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't understand the driving control complaints. I tried Motorstorm RC on Vita, and THAT was confusing to me, because it said it had oldschool RC pro-am controls, but it didn't feel right at all.

In Retro City, I jumped right in, made turns exactly as I wished, and stuck to the street when I wanted to. Probably some of the fasted I've adjusted to "this style" of auto-control in years.

Maybe it all depends on what you played that was like this, last. For me, I'm wondering why this game gets it SO much better, than even dedicated driving games...

Maybe if I try out the more button-intense driving style, I'll see what people are talking about...

Top Bottom