• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETRO CITY RAMPAGE |OT| Your entire childhood rolled into one

dallow_bg

nods at old men
31MB?

Awesome.
That guy who feels $15 games should at least be over 1GB is going to be so pissed.

Got it! Looks fantastic on Vita! He allows for 2x or 3x scaling modes so you get perfectly crisp pixels without any distortion. The dot matrix mode is particularly fantastic as it genuinely delivers the effect of looking at a lower DPI screen. Very impressive!
Yum!

Lucifon

Already found a PC bug, pretty annoying one too.

If you're playing with a controller and alt-tab the controller stops functioning when you tab back in, and you have to go into the options then re-enable it.

I dont even remember if I bought this on the humble bundle

how would I know?

It wasn't on a bundle, it just uses the humble payment system when buying the game off the official site http://www.retrocityrampage.com/buy.php

I got the sense it was made by one guy, but the fact it is hitting so many platforms at once with a pretty big online marketing push suggested he had some help along the way. Pretty cool either way, and will be trying the PS3/Vita versions soon.

So many platforms, and yet the missed the one I want to play RCR on the most, and by a wide margin:

large.jpg

I'm sure it'll come in due time though, I just have to be patient. It's too much of a no-brainer to not happen.

Mrbob

Is this a dpad control game instead of a analog stick?

If so I'll get the PS3/Vita combo now, PC version on a Steam sale.

how does it play? I'm so jealous right now, wish sony europe would get their act together and release this tomorrow. I wouldn't say no to a xbox live arcade release either, but I'd need to buy more points.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is this a dpad control game instead of a analog stick?

If so I'll get the PS3/Vita combo now, PC version on a Steam sale.

Yep and a few more screens to compare...

Config

2012-10-09-150946tsolf.jpg

"Entertainment System"

2012-10-09-1509568xq3c.jpg

"CEE=64"

2012-10-09-151038ksobf.jpg

There's so many filters :D

Quotes next time, I only put 3 in so I will go back in and fix my last post.

duckroll

The game's really fun so far, but the opening was super confusing. I think they overdid the "plot" there. Lol. But the game is super responsive, and it looks GREAT. The screen settings are amazing.

Tendo

Torn between the Vita and PC version. PC version seems to have some exclusive content mentioned on the store page that isn't on the vita page.

The game's really fun so far, but the opening was super confusing. I think they overdid the "plot" there. Lol. But the game is super responsive, and it looks GREAT. The screen settings are amazing.
It was a bit much! The Dark Knight mixed with Ducktales mixed with TMNT mixed with Contra mixed with Sonic mixed with The A Team mixed with Mario mixed with tonsmorei'mforgetting! But holy crap was it cool!
Torn between the Vita and PC version. PC version seems to have some exclusive content mentioned on the store page that isn't on the vita page.
Easy, get both!

So many platforms, and yet the missed the one I want to play RCR on the most, and by a wide margin:

You do realize port begging is bad right? lol. I agree though it's pretty much made for handhelds - can't wait to play it on the Vita's gorgeous OLED screen.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
went from playing a crazy taxi mini game to healing at a dr. mario shop with a dr. mario look a like sitting on the wise man columns from rygar this fucking game

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
You do realize port begging is bad right? lol. I agree though it's pretty much made for handhelds - can't wait to play it on the Vita's gorgeous OLED screen.

Is it really port begging when the game's coming out for every platform ever, though? Haha.

I'm guessing the game will end up on the eShop eventually.

By then, I'll probably already own it on three different platforms.

It was a bit much! The Dark Knight mixed with Ducktales mixed with TMNT mixed with Contra mixed with Sonic mixed with The A Team mixed with Mario mixed with tonsmorei'mforgetting! But holy crap was it cool!

You forgot the Super Mario Bros. 2 ending dream (US version). I lost it on that one.

Chairhome

Can't wait to get home and buy this on Friday. Wanted to get the PC version, but I have a bunch of MS points so I could go 360... PC is the version to get?

Mrbob

MS hasn't deemed the game worthy of release to fit it into a XBLA slot, so PC will be your only option.

Xater

Can't wait to get home and buy this on Friday. Wanted to get the PC version, but I have a bunch of MS points so I could go 360... PC is the version to get?

360 version is not out anyway.

Tried the PSN demo and the amount of references in such a short time is amazing! It also really is fun. Why does SCEE have to be so terrible?

skynidas

Banned
360 version is not out anyway.

Tried the PSN demo and the amount of references in such a short time is amazing! It also really is fun. Why does SCEE have to be so terrible?

You can always buy an US PSN card on the internet and redeem it using an US account, and then buy the game, that's what i'm doing.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Of course, I started the download when I went to lunch, I'm back from lunch with 20 minutes to spare, and there's an update! Lol.

Our work internet is so bad, that it's taking 10 minutes just to download 18MB. Absurd.

It's a slow work day today, so I'll try and squeeze a bit of playtime in once it finished updating. I'm loving what little bit of the music I've heard, though.

EDIT: Also, it looks great on the Vita screen.

Xater

You can always buy an US PSN card on the internet and redeem it using an US account, and then buy the game, that's what i'm doing.

But then I have to buy an overpriced PSN card an I still have money left that I will most likely not use.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I am so happy, that after all these years, game systems are strong enough to play games that are THIS awesome!

*ahem* Just played the demo right now (don't need to get too sucked in just yet...), but MAN. This thing is great :) Did I run over Ralf and Clark in the Opening segment, after the A Team fight, or maybe those were the guys from Contra? Haha.

References left and right! Crazy destruction of vehicles and pixelated life! All while a Wiley old doctor calls me a hero! OK!

Yeah, this game deserves a second buy. PSV & 3 today, XBLA in the future!

Oh, and a note. I like how you can either twin-stick shoot, of just use Square, and have "autoaim" take care of the angle changes. Same as with the driving controls offering more modern, or classic setups. Play it as oldschool or as newfool as you want!

Tim-E

I've let myself get consumed with work, grad school, and other stressful stuff lately. Time to spend a little bit of my free time playing a video game for once. Will be buying this when I get home.

Oh, and a note. I like how you can either twin-stick shoot, of just use Square, and have "autoaim" take care of the angle changes. Same as with the driving controls offering more modern, or classic setups. Play it as oldschool or as newfool as you want!

LOL yea I am still not convinced what mode to use yet. I definitely prefer using the dpad, however, especially for driving.

Top Bottom