• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETRO CITY RAMPAGE |OT| Your entire childhood rolled into one

Got to play it a bit at work today. God I love it. I jumped right into free roam, just went nuts and had a rampage around the city. I'm so torn on which rendering option to go with.

vocab

I unlocked a bunch of styles, but cant find them anywhere. I think there's a bug that forgets to save them. I unlocked the epic meal time style, and John Romero's twice, and still can't find them.

Takao

Banned
Trophies seem borked for anyone? I run over 25 people without stopping, and I hit 4 people with a shot gun blast but no familiar "burring".

GeoramA

Demo was crazy. First I'm robbing a bank, then Doc Brown picks me up, now here comes Bill & Ted out of nowhere...lol

Is the full game like this?

I just unlocked bighead "minecraft" mode. Also found the all weapons cheat.

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, X, O.

It disables leader boards and trophies until you restart the game.

Liberty4all

Banned
I just unlocked bighead "minecraft" mode. Also found the all weapons cheat.

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, X, O.

It disables leader boards and trophies until you restart the game.

Yessss

Edit: thinking about grabbing this. Any same system multiplayer or online?

vocab

That dynamite mission seems impossible. Kill 20 cars with dynamite without dying. Good luck when the police cars and bikes ram into you.

53% done.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Played about an hour with it. Really liked exploring and such, but there's something about it that's not quite hooking me. I have no idea what it is, because I love the music, art, references, etc. I guess I need to give it some more time.

Great game package though, looks fantastic, and the visual filters are amazin'.

Erdrick

This game... I downloaded the demo and before I even really played much of it, I just went and bought the full game. The amount of fan-service in this game is insane for anyone who was a gamer or into pop-culture back in the 80's (Or today, for that matter.) There is so much love put into this game and the music just screams Konami NES to me, along with some Capcom-esque sound effects. Awesome. Loved the manual for the game and how self-aware it is. The different display modes are icing on the cake. I've seen so many references to stuff I had long forgotten as a kid. Great stuff.

Like most GTA-style games, I'll probably just screw around with the open world mode and not really do the story stuff much. Although in this case, I likely will just to see what insanity is next. It's so polished and well-made. So many little hidden secrets and frankly, I just love exploring a "new" NES-style game again.

Made in Canada, eh? Nice.

To everyone involved with this game: Thanks for making me feel like a kid again. Best $15 for a game I've spent in ages.

Lose the cops cheat.

up, up, down, down, RT, O, RT, O, X.

Big money cheat

left, right, left, right, up, up, down, down, RT, O.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Guys complaining about car controls know you can change it to "auto" so they control just like on foot right? (press up to go up, left to go left - no "tank" controls necessary)

2012-10-09-203246.jpg

2012-10-09-204644.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Lots of Vancouver references too. Just googled and sure enough Vblank is local :p

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The references!! My brain struggles to keep up with the sheer amount that I recognize @_@ I'm really enjoying this.

Agent X

Ugh that launch trailer is so epic. I can't wait. Also, yeah this game will have trophies but I'm not expecting a plat... although, if it does, that will presumably mean you can double plat it on PS3/PSV, so that means there's an even more absurd amount of replayability.

Interestingly, this is the first game that I've seen that evidently has a truly combined trophy list for PS3 and Vita, instead of maintaining two separate trophy lists. If you view the trophy list on a Vita system, it has both "PS Vita" and "PS3" underneath the title.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, I just signed out of PSN and started the game up just fine. Got a prompt to sign in but I just hit Circle to back out and the game continued on as normal. No DRM.

Mrbob

People weren't kidding when they said this game pops on vita. Colors so good. Might be my preferred system to play this game on.

DJMicLuv

Been playing on PC for the last couple of hours.
Superb stuff. Really fun game, really daft and full of reference both obvious and obscure.
It'll be interesting to see lists of all the game and culture references as it's packed full of them. I'm currently wearing a DEVO 'energy dome' hat!
Very much recommended on first play, if you like retro games and have a history with gaming it's brilliant fun.

sweeeeeeet got my Steam redemption code and a new PC controller today!

ready for retro gaming rampage!

Just curious, what PC controller did you buy? I literally haven't seen one of those in years, what with 360 controllers taking over the platform.

Aeana

Since nobody posted the Brick (original Game Boy) mode with Dot Matrix on, and I took a screenshot of it for someone else, I figured I'd post it here.

It looks remarkably authentic on the Vita screen.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
First old-school game ever with a cover mechanic?

Just finished getting the passcodes for the Game Genie guy. A lot of fun so far.

The visuals look fantastic on the Vita.

Top Bottom