• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETRO CITY RAMPAGE |OT| Your entire childhood rolled into one

Peagles

Wow cool, I paid for this ages ago, paid more than Steam is selling it for, and I can't even get it right now (yet it's up on Steam). What an awesome system!
I'm pissed off :(

celebi23

Wow cool, I paid for this ages ago, paid more than Steam is selling it for, and I can't even get it right now (yet it's up on Steam). What an awesome system!
I'm pissed off :(
Yep, it's kinda messed up :/ What's the point in preordering it if you get it after everyone else?

Yep, it's kinda messed up :/ What's the point in preordering it if you get it after everyone else?

you preorder on said system to get it when it's launched on that system. not on a system that you don't have ;P especially if you know about PSN and their launch time.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@RetroCR
Thanks for everyone's patience. Those who preordered will now get all three versions of the game instead of two: DRM-Free, Steam & GOG

@RetroCR
They're finishing up the deployment, it won't be long.

Peagles

you preorder on said system to get it when it's launched on that system. not on a system that you don't have ;P especially if you know about PSN and their launch time.

Yeh and? I preordered on PC. It's already up on Steam, but my preorder isn't up. So those who didn't preorder can just buy it (and for cheaper). Those who did got a raw deal IMO :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
@RetroCR
Thanks for everyone's patience. Those who preordered will now get all three versions of the game instead of two: DRM-Free, Steam & GOG

@RetroCR

Even though they're "only digital" versions of this game, I really feel for how agreeable and giving they are being.

Already It's a small outfit for one game, and seeing pre-order peeps getting 3 copies, PSN purchasers getting 2 versions for the price of one, STILL coming to Wiiware, and the XBLA version... really hope this game gets some extraordinary support.

He's tossing away so much extra money from people who could double-dip in so many ways... everyone always wants to tell big corporations that if they stopped looking at the bottom line, and used downloadable stuff more for building good will, rather than just an aspect of their bottom line of profit, that the consumer would reward them, with increased sales and loyality...

...Lets see if that holds true here!

Lucifon

@RetroCR

@RetroCR

That's cool and all but there's not really any reason why anyone would want the game on both GOG and Steam, it's just a distribution platform.

Sounds to me like the Humble Ebook Bundle took priority. The date has been announced for quite some time now. Let's hope it's soon anyway!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
oh man this game...this game...they have cheat codes written on the sides of buildings so far found

all styles unlocked: left, left, right, right,up, down, up, down, A, B
god mode unlocked: down, down, left, right, left, right, up, up, RB, A
all stages: y,y,a,y,y,a,y,y,a,b,b

Lucifon

Up within the hour, 1 hour 20 mins later - still nothing :( By the time we get keys it'll be pretty late here in the UK. Knew I should waited and just nabbed it on Steam.

It's rather sad that I actually had a dream about the key not being there in the morning.... last night. And it turned out to be be exactly that.

Chairhome

Was pre-order through the humble bundle site? Is that why you're getting keys from there?

I didn't really want the digital bonuses, so I skipped out on pre-order. Even though you get three versions of the game, I think the RCR creator had a note saying that you should just use them for yourselves and not to share/sell additional keys.

This was in a Humble Bundle? I can't remember buying this at all... which one was it?
It wasn't in a Humble Bundle, it was offered for preorder using their backend. So it shows up on your HiB "account" page, toward the bottom.

PS: I feel the pain of everyone still waiting, as I'm in that boat, but OMGGAMESOGOOD, worth the wait, PROMISE.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Actually, looks like the full game purchase is up on PSN. I found the PS Vita "full game 31 MB" listing there, and it plainly states it's price (14.99) and that buying it entitles you to the PS3 and PSV versions.

KOF XIII free for PSN+ users is up, as well.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Downloading Vita version now, can't wait! Such a small download! Should be done in about a minute (work internet is terribly slow).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Got it! Looks fantastic on Vita! He allows for 2x or 3x scaling modes so you get perfectly crisp pixels without any distortion. The dot matrix mode is particularly fantastic as it genuinely delivers the effect of looking at a lower DPI screen. Very impressive!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Dem filters. So many options. You will have to see them for yourself but I took some screens to compare.....So good....

2012-10-09-1500047dsid.jpg

2012-10-09-1500191ps9g.jpg

2012-10-09-145816mis38.jpg

2012-10-09-145833nusfr.jpg

2012-10-09-145900xqs8c.jpg

2012-10-09-145919sksx3.jpg
So many options.

LaneDS

1 with the help of 4. Super small team any way you cut it.

I got the sense it was made by one guy, but the fact it is hitting so many platforms at once with a pretty big online marketing push suggested he had some help along the way. Pretty cool either way, and will be trying the PS3/Vita versions soon.

Top Bottom