• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETRO CITY RAMPAGE |OT| Your entire childhood rolled into one

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
No Microsoft/XBL logo at the end of the trailer. Man, it almost seems like he just cut all ties, lol

Branson

Not sure what to get this on. I was thinking PC but then I'm not guaranteed my resolution support (1280x768, I've had problems with games not supporting this) and controller support. Ps3 and Vita is tempting but what if the PC version is better somehow?? Gah

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Not sure what to get this on. I was thinking PC but then I'm not guaranteed my resolution support (1280x768, I've had problems with games not supporting this) and controller support. Ps3 and Vita is tempting but what if the PC version is better somehow?? Gah
In this case, why would you expect a superior PC version? The Vita/PS3 deal seems like the way to go.

Aeana

I get the feeling it's going to look really special on Vita. He said it's pixel perfect, so no weird scaling nonsense.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guarantee you PC version will have controller support. I imagine, even if it didn't before, he had all that free time waiting for MS that he put it in the PC version.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I guarantee you PC version will have controller support. I imagine, even if it didn't before, he had all that free time waiting for MS that he put it in the PC version.
Oh I'm sure it'll be great on PC, but I doubt it will have any advantages over the other versions.

Umm why? I'm getting the game anyways... I just wanted to know that.

It implies that there is a need for a Platinum as an incentive to play this game. I get this concept when people play boring crap like *insert Assassins Creed game*, but this game just screams "Awesome" at you.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It implies that there is a need for a Platinum as an incentive to play this game. I get this concept when people play boring crap like *insert Assassins Creed game*, but this game just screams "Awesome" at you.
If he had said something like "I'm only buying it if it has a Platinum trophy", then you'd begin to have a point...

But are you really sorry?

Game should be so retro that it doesn't have trophies or achievements :p

Well if that would entail a GTA style full on cheat mode (for example after beating the game) I wouldn't mind omitting trophies at all :)

we don't get those a lot any more these days

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Goddamn at that trailer. If it is as fun to play as it looks, we have a serious contender for downloadable game of the forever.

Ugh that launch trailer is so epic. I can't wait. Also, yeah this game will have trophies but I'm not expecting a plat... although, if it does, that will presumably mean you can double plat it on PS3/PSV, so that means there's an even more absurd amount of replayability.

They aren't there in the main game. I was concerned about the same thing.

Settings -> TV Simulation mode

There is more than one TV and if you set it to "off" there is no frame around the game. You can also set the color mode and TV mode stuff independently, if you say feel like you gotta roll in some 4 color sort of way

Eusis

This game actually looks TOO retro to me..
Will need a demo to decide.
I don't think it's really going to play as retro-style as you fear. Then again PS1 GTA IS a lot harder for me to get into, so we'll see if the controls are more friendly/modern than that. If it were just WiiWare, PS3, and PC I would definitely have gotten it pre-ordered on PC, but being on Vita AND Crossbuy is nice enough to displace the pre-order incentive for me.
In this case, why would you expect a superior PC version? The Vita/PS3 deal seems like the way to go.
Well, there is the nice pre-order package for the PC version, but this isn't a cutting edge 3D game (... or a 3D game period) so I don't think the PC will be as out and out better as it would be on many modern games that don't get truly terrible ports. And PS3/Vita IS safest here.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
For more examples of how much stuff this game has, there are 17 color modes in the game! All aiming to emulate old consoles and PCs and stuff.

From the Facebook page, earlier this year:

enjoy the listing of the colour modes you can play RCR in (17 total!):

Entertainment System
Entertainment Night
Blurst Processor
AtaroVision 2599
SEE=64
Granny Smith

PC DOS EGA
PC DOS CGA A
PC DOS CGA B
PC DOS MDA
PC WIN16
XZ Moonbeam
Black & White TV
Pocket Handheld
Brick Handheld
Virtual Burn
RCR

See if yuo can figure out all the references at home, kids!

75285_376297389078305_1802822334_n.jpg

MS-DOS EGA Simulation:

401763_376241332417244_575771319_n.jpg

Top Bottom