• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro-GAF unite!

entremet

I'm an apartment dweller, so I need to keep my collecting under control, but I would love a CIB Super Famicom.

Dat box is so amazing.

sfc%20box.png

BearChair

I love the Super Famicom button colors.

I got my PCEngine Duo back from being recapped, laser fixed, and rgb modded and it looks amazing. I played some Rondo of Blood last night and it looked amazing.

Who did you use to get your PC Engine serviced? How much was it?

I've been looking to get my Dreamcast and PS1 refurbished (and possibly modded) but haven't had much luck so far finding someone to do them both

congrats! what's the cost to do all that?

Who did you use to get your PC Engine serviced? How much was it?

I've been looking to get my Dreamcast and PS1 refurbished (and possibly modded) but haven't had much luck so far finding someone to do them both

It was 160 something. I was going to go with Baphomet on here who does awesome awesome work, but he was busy and my laser wasn't working so I wanted to get it done asap. I ended up going with Keith Courage on the PC Enginefx.com forums (he's on facebook too) but I think he just does PCEngine/TG stuff, but I could be wrong on that.

It was 160 something. I was going to go with Baphomet on here who does awesome awesome work, but he was busy and my laser wasn't working so I wanted to get it done asap. I ended up going with Keith Courage on the PC Enginefx.com forums (he's on facebook too) but I think he just does PCEngine/TG stuff, but I could be wrong on that.

thx!

Mega

Banned

Not that this is of any use to anyone, but I guessed $160-$170. :p

Rich!

Oh man

Up until now I was feeling safe in just using my UK SNES power adapter on my Super Famicom Jr when it arrives next week. Same voltage,same plug, good yeah?

Had a look on Google images and realised that no, it would not be a good idea. UK SNES is 9v AC 1.3a, the SFC is 10v DC.

thankfully it seems the Mega Drive 1 power adapter is an exact match. I've put a bid in for one.

Phew

IrishNinja

Keith is such a great dude, got my Duo-R working perfectly when nothing else was doing it. every community could use a guy like that!

Rich!

Does anyone know how long registered Japan post airmail takes to reach delivery in the UK?

It left Japan last Friday.

Edit: haha scratch that, tracking literally just updated. It's in London.

IrishNinja

You just need to run a coaxial cable from that to your ANT input on your crt.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FVX8GE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

nice! i know coax is on the bottom of the spectrum, but would either get the same results, or would one of these be a better option?

It's basically the same thing, though either way you'd have to get coaxial cable, so it's easier to buy 1 thing than two. Quality is pretty much exactly the same level of bad lol.

IrishNinja

It's basically the same thing, though either way you'd have to get coaxial cable, so it's easier to buy 1 thing than two. Quality is pretty much exactly the same level of bad lol.

haha yeah, id sweat it more but it's so early gen that i don't imagine i'll mind, terribly
is that $13 coaxial my best bet, then? i was thinking of setting the system on top of the massive CRT, so i could go for a shorter cable if it's cheaper, haha

thank link does indeed help! no idea why i'd need that female to F adapter, though? atariage makes it sound like i do indeed just need a coaxial (i thought it'd be male to male, but im often wrong on this)

haha yeah, id sweat it more but it's so early gen that i don't imagine i'll mind, terribly
is that $13 coaxial my best bet, then? i was thinking of setting the system on top of the massive CRT, so i could go for a shorter cable if it's cheaper, haha

You could go to walmart and probably find a short cable cheaper, it was just the first cable I came across while searching.

Khaz

I'm sure you have some RCA audio cable lying around, you should try it with those. The adapter may be needed for your TV, though I'm not familiar with the antenna system in the Americas.

It's probably cheaper to get an RCA cable and an adapter than buying a special cable.

(not really retro but I don't want to make a thread on NormalGAF)

Anyone have experience with cracked 3DS hinge?

I had a piece of the right side plastic break off on my Original XL. It still works but I don't really want this to get any worse. I'm considering just buying a new shell part but I'm not sure if they're high enough quality... like if they fit properly or if they tend to be made of weaker plastic.

I could maybe buy a New XL instead but I'd rather just repair for now. I'm trying to save that purchase for when the 3DS is being liquidated from retail in a few years and keep a relatively pristine system long term.

Grabbed some games from Osaka. Dirt cheap. I brought them from Book Off and Hard Off. They costed about $12 and all of them are in good condition. I originally wanted to bring back a GameCube (same, dirt cheap) but my luggage is full. As I am going to Tokyo next week, I hope I can bring more games and at least one console back home.

Grabbed some games from Osaka. Dirt cheap. I brought them from Book Off and Hard Off. They costed about $12 and all of them are in good condition. I originally wanted to bring back a GameCube (same, dirt cheap) but my luggage is full. As I am going to Tokyo next week, I hope I can bring more games and at least one console back home.

Nice, what's your luggage stuffed with? I usually find it worthwhile to shed some stuff I brought from Canada and bring more games back.

buy some Macross while in JYP =)

Nice, what's your luggage stuffed with? I usually find it worthwhile to shed some stuff I brought from Canada and bring more games back.

Clothes, mostly. I brought a small luggage to Osaka as it is a short trip with the fact that I did not expect the games and consoles are so cheap there. I will surely bring a bigger one to Tokyo as the trip is much longer and the number of gaming / pawn stores in Tokyo is much more than in Osaka. I may also consider mailing games back to home through Japan Post.

buy some Macross while in JYP =)

Are you referring to video games or models? I never manage to get into the series although I love watching animes and building plastic models. Do you recommend the latest series?

Are you referring to video games or models? I never manage to get into the series although I love watching animes and building plastic models. Do you recommend the latest series?

i was referring to the toys (not garage kits) they are amazing and highly engineered, check these links below for the best toys:
vf-1 1/60 (version 2)
bandai macross frontier valks (version 2)
Bandai Hi Metal Revive

The new Macross Delta will be a big shock (meaning ridiculous idols) if you never watched the series right before this one: Macross Frontier.

if you can get over the silliness of the first episode, there's a pretty decent story with some good action fighting scenes.

i was referring to the toys (not garage kits) they are amazing and highly engineered, check these links below for the best toys:
vf-1 1/60 (version 2)
bandai macross frontier valks (version 2)
Bandai Hi Metal Revive

The new Macross Delta will be a big shock (meaning ridiculous idols) if you never watched the series right before this one: Macross Frontier.

if you can get over the silliness of the first episode, there's a pretty decent story with some good action fighting scenes.

Oh, these Macross action toys. I reckon them being quite expensive. I will decide after watching some shows. Some of my friends are crazy into Macross Frontier when it was aired although I never manage to watch it. Maybe this is the right moment for me to appreciate the show.

BTW, I am also fine with garage kit. I tried to find some the Five Star Stories' kits. Quite expensive, but I am going to buy one in Tokyo.

Oh, these Macross action toys. I reckon them being quite expensive. I will decide after watching some shows. Some of my friends are crazy into Macross Frontier when it was aired although I never manage to watch it. Maybe this is the right moment for me to appreciate the show.

BTW, I am also fine with garage kit. I tried to find some the Five Star Stories' kits. Quite expensive, but I am going to buy one in Tokyo.

+1 on checking out frontier!

Top Bottom