• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator dreams are made of, son

Awakened

I put up a video of me using the RetroFE frontend with RetroArch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Gk_XwGMK4

I showed off a few PSX and PCE games where I used the initial and last scanline core options to cut off the black bars at the top and bottom. I had to set a custom aspect ratio for each game I did that with to keep correct geometry. Per game overrides are handy for that stuff!

I figured out a trick accidentally too; in the override file you can set the override file as your core options file. RA will then write core options to the bottom of it. That saved me making a bunch of per game core options files.

Radius4

I put up a video of me using the RetroFE frontend with RetroArch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Gk_XwGMK4

I showed off a few PSX and PCE games where I used the initial and last scanline core options to cut off the black bars at the top and bottom. I had to set a custom aspect ratio for each game I did that with to keep correct geometry. Per game overrides are handy for that stuff!

I figured out a trick accidentally too; in the override file you can set the override file as your core options file. RA will then write core options to the bottom of it. That saved me making a bunch of per game core options files.

lol that's cool/unexpected.
it's kinda obvious since it's all key = value.

The only thing I need to figure now is how to override gambatte gb from gambatte gbc, only option I can see is building a custom gambatte version that has a -color string attached or overriding per-game

What shaders do you use for GB/GBC/GBA?
For GB I use gb-pocket-shader (no borders), GBC/GBA are trickier

RetroArch-0523-205840.png

full size

For GBC I use a smoothing shader... not really a fan of smoothing shaders but I find that this combo works well in Link's Awakening DX for instance (smoothing @4x + scanlines + desaturation)

For GBA I dunno what to use, for Mario & Luigi I find that smoothing looks good, I'm trying the same approach as GBC but since the GBA is higher res, a lesser grade of smoothing:

There is only so much you can do about low res anyway

Radius4

So I downloaded the one dated 5/22 (the 15.4 MB one as opposed to the normal 21.9 MB that surround it) and extracted the 7z (with 7zip) into sd:/apps/retroarch-wii/ . I deleted my sd:/retroarch folder to ensure my *.cfgs would be starting all fresh. I inserted the card on the Wii, loaded the app from Homebrew Channel and.....hard lock with black screen. No Wii Remote sync, nothing. Even tried twice. So.... *shrug* Maybe it's having trouble trying to write the root folder again, but... that's all I got. And the card is definitely not read-only.... :(

I'll try it later today and let you know

Awakened

The only thing I need to figure now is how to override gambatte gb from gambatte gbc, only option I can see is building a custom gambatte version that has a -color string attached or overriding per-game
I use per game overrides for now. My GB and GBC libraries are small enough that it wasn't a bit deal to make them.

What shaders do you use for GB/GBC/GBA?
For GB I use gb-pocket-shader (no borders), GBC/GBA are trickier
I use the same gb-pocket-shader for GB, but with the default borders it has. I don't know how to edit it to remove them. I figure the shader adds those borders to force integer scale. Does it's grid look uneven if you scale it to 1080 with the borders disabled?

For GBC and GBA I just use pixellate. lcd-grid, lcd-shader or your combinations don't really strike my fancy.

Radius4

You don't really need to do anything to remove the borders, a borderless version is under handheld/gameboy

I haven't tested as 1080p... My screen is 4k

Awakened

You don't really need to do anything to remove the borders, a borderless version is under handheld/gameboy

I haven't tested as 1080p... My screen is 4k
At 1080 the unmodified gb-pocket-shader.cgp from handheld/gameboy looks like this:

Which isn't too bad. I'd be interested in knowing how to modify it to remove that border if it doesn't have any ill effects at that res.

ILoveBish

The link for retrofe latest build full version comes up as a virus in chrome. Is it a portable app? I wanted to use emulation station, but i cannot stand how it is not portable at all and installed into windows folders for info, just insane why you'd want that.

Lettuce

Actually, crt-interlaced-halation is crt-geom/cgwg. If you use that I recommend changing the # of passes to 3 and setting the last pass filter to linear, and scale to don't care. Since it does't have parameters, you'll have to open crt-interlaced-halation-pass2.cg and comment out #define CURVATURE to disable that effect.

As for my shader, I can post a halation version for you to test out. Just need to clean it up a bit, so tomorrow maybe.

By the way, do multipass shaders work on GLSL builds of RetroArch? Just curious.

Thanks man would really appreciate that!!, will it have options in the Parameter settings to alter, diffusion, bloom and halation?

Regarding multipass on GLSL builds I'm not 100 sure I'll have to check, atm I'm using my main windows PC, I'll wait until they get the shader issue sorted on the OpeElec build before I try that again.

EDIT: just tired loading Shader Presets in OpenElec for glsl shaders and it doesnt work BUT you can manual add mulit pass shaders just not automatically via the shader present option.

Lettuce

Is there any know issues with audio on the Mame core, I'm getting audio crackling on some cps2 game like Carrier Wing??

Also I have notice there is no 'System' folder anymore in that last few weeks of nightly builds, and reason for that.

Do we have any art guys here in this thread would be awesome to get some CG handheld overlays knocked up in the style of BlueAmnesiac work.......

http://blueamnesiac.deviantart.com/art/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-Indigo-436224303

for the non nintendo handhelds........Lynx, GameGear, Wonder Swan etc.

Check out BlueAmnesiac profile on DevisntArt some truly nice retro stuff on there.

PS. just noticed his done a Sega Nomad....

And Wii U...

Man these things are just made for RetroArchs overlay feature

I really like that game boy shader with the border that looks like a game boy.

My problem is the way there is a slight spacing between the pixels on the screen - I don't think the original game boy was this way - the pixels blended together more, from what i remember. That was probably more due to the blurring but it just seems like the space between the pixels is a little too much.

Awakened

The link for retrofe latest build full version comes up as a virus in chrome. Is it a portable app? I wanted to use emulation station, but i cannot stand how it is not portable at all and installed into windows folders for info, just insane why you'd want that.
It's just because it's not commonly downloaded (it's not a very popular/known frontend yet). I've run it through VirusTotal a few times just to be sure, and it always comes up clean. Unlike HyperSpin, which always triggers false positives from certain virus scanners because of how the .exe is packed.

It is indeed portable, and works great with relative paths.

I'll try it later today and let you know

Any update on your findings? I'm gonna try the newer build in the same fashion and see what goes down.

EDIT: Just started fresh with the latest nightly and the system hard locks on black screen whenever you back out of a submenu with 1 button on Wii Remote. Dunno if it happens on other controllers or what.

EasyMode

Thanks man would really appreciate that!!, will it have options in the Parameter settings to alter, diffusion, bloom and halation?

Regarding multipass on GLSL builds I'm not 100 sure I'll have to check, atm I'm using my main windows PC, I'll wait until they get the shader issue sorted on the OpeElec build before I try that again.

EDIT: just tired loading Shader Presets in OpenElec for glsl shaders and it doesnt work BUT you can manual add mulit pass shaders just not automatically via the shader present option.

There's parameters for halation and diffusion, no bloom at the moment.

The files can be downloaded here.

Unzip to the shaders/crt folder and load the preset.

Preview:

Changes:

- Added halation/diffusion and optional curvature
- Mask Strength parameter is replaced by Mask Darkness Low/High & Mask Brightness Low/High. Low effects dark colors, High effects bright colors.
- Filtering is higher quality, but a bit more demanding
- Parameter tweaks: It's sharper, a bit brighter, and has a stronger mask effect.

Here's a mouse-over comparison with the regular version:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/128583

ILoveBish

It's just because it's not commonly downloaded (it's not a very popular/known frontend yet). I've run it through VirusTotal a few times just to be sure, and it always comes up clean. Unlike HyperSpin, which always triggers false positives from certain virus scanners because of how the .exe is packed.

It is indeed portable, and works great with relative paths.

Great. Will wait for the next new version to hit, and i'll dive in. Really looking forward to it.

Lettuce

Changes:

- Mask Strength parameter is replaced by Mask Darkness Low/High & Mask Brightness Low/High. Low effects dark colors, High effects bright colors.
- Parameter tweaks: It's sharper, a bit brighter, and has a stronger mask effect.

Thanks EasyMode ill have a play around with it today!.

If i want to overall weaken the Mask strength how do i do that with these new settings?, just lower both Mask Darkness/Mask Brightness low and high the same amount?

Also if i wanting to make the scanlines more pronounced (thicker/darker) do i need to alter the, 'Scanline Beam Width' mix/max settings, 'Scanline Brightness/B]' mix/max settings or both?. As at the moment i have only changed the 'Scanline brightness Min' setting from 35 to 15 and 'Scanline Brightness Max' setting from 65 to 25, this seems to have an effect of making the scanlines more pronounced but not sure if its having a detrimental effect on anything else?, i would have thought changing the Scanline Beam Width settings would have altered the width of the scanlines?, how do the min and max settings effect the look of a scanline? why is there just not 1 settings?

BONKERS

I really like that game boy shader with the border that looks like a game boy.

My problem is the way there is a slight spacing between the pixels on the screen - I don't think the original game boy was this way - the pixels blended together more, from what i remember. That was probably more due to the blurring but it just seems like the space between the pixels is a little too much.

If you were to magnify the screen of the GBP and DMG, to the same degree, you'd see that it's actually pretty accurate.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vMX0XOVbGms/maxresdefault.jpg
http://www.xodustech.com/images/pipocket/large/pocket-01.jpg
http://justinbramwell.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/gbpocket22.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ptnxXPIfN-4/U7HHTWSLhNI/AAAAAAAAAMc/0c8b4Zd9iOs/s1600/IMG_4384.JPG

EasyMode

Thanks EasyMode ill have a play around with it today!.

If i want to overall weaken the Mask strength how do i do that with these new settings?, just lower both Mask Darkness/Mask Brightness low and high the same amount?

Also if i wanting to make the scanlines more pronounced (thicker/darker) do i need to alter the, 'Scanline Beam Width' mix/max settings, 'Scanline Brightness/B]' mix/max settings or both?. As at the moment i have only changed the 'Scanline brightness Min' setting from 35 to 15 and 'Scanline Brightness Max' setting from 65 to 25, this seems to have an effect of making the scanlines more pronounced but not sure if its having a detrimental effect on anything else?, i would have thought changing the Scanline Beam Width settings would have altered the width of the scanlines?, how do the min and max settings effect the look of a scanline? why is there just not 1 settings?

Raise mask darkness to lessen the mask strength (lower is darker). Keep mask brightness at 1.0 or higher. Darkness = 0.7, Brightness = 1.0 would be equal to the previous version.

You're correct about those settings making the scanlines more pronounced. The only detriment is a slightly darker picture. Beam width effects the lit portion of each line (higher is thicker, which makes the dark lines narrower). I have min and max settings so the beam width can vary depending on color brightness. On CRTs the beam appears thicker at brighter colors. However, I keep these settings matched to keep the scanlines looking nice at 1080p/non-integer. On higher resolution monitors like 1440p and 4K, you can be a lot more flexible with the beam width (and brightness boost) while keeping the scanlines looking correct with non-integer scaling.

SOLDIER

That's really cool. How do you get these two programs to work together? Is it Big Picture Mode friendly?

Adding this as a Steam shortcut and having access to every ROM under one controller-friendly UI would probably be the most ideal solution for me.

Awakened

That's really cool. How do you get these two programs to work together?
It uses a folder full of launchers, which are simple text files with a path to the emulator .exe and any command line arguments it needs. An example of what I use for SNES:
Code:
executable = ..\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe
arguments = "%ITEM_FILEPATH%" -L Cores\bsnes_balanced_libretro.dll
It's telling RetroArch to launch a ROM with the BSNES Balanced core. Something like Demul has a more complicated argument setup:
Code:
executable = ..\Emulators\DEmul\demul.exe
arguments = -run=dc -image="%ITEM_FILEPATH%"

Is it Big Picture Mode friendly?

Adding this as a Steam shortcut and having access to every ROM under one controller-friendly UI would probably be the most ideal solution for me.
Yeah, I just tried it and got it working. You have to add retrofe.exe as the target for your non-Steam game shortcut, which is in the core folder of wherever you extract RetroFE. Then you need to remove core\ from the "Start In" path in the shortcut's properties, so it's pointing directly to your RetroFE folder. The Steam overlay works with it as well as RetroArch, Dolphin, Demul and PCSX2.

One thing though, RetroFE doesn't have native controller support yet. I use an AntiMicro auto profile which maps the keys set in controls.conf to my pad when RetroFE is active. Xpadder can do that too.

Lettuce

Raise mask darkness to lessen the mask strength (lower is darker). Keep mask brightness at 1.0 or higher. Darkness = 0.7, Brightness = 1.0 would be equal to the previous version.

You're correct about those settings making the scanlines more pronounced. The only detriment is a slightly darker picture. Beam width effects the lit portion of each line (higher is thicker, which makes the dark lines narrower). I have min and max settings so the beam width can vary depending on color brightness. On CRTs the beam appears thicker at brighter colors. However, I keep these settings matched to keep the scanlines looking nice at 1080p/non-integer. On higher resolution monitors like 1440p and 4K, you can be a lot more flexible with the beam width (and brightness boost) while keeping the scanlines looking correct with non-integer scaling.

Thanks for the details info. So regarding beam width, i have noticed as you said on brighter colours (especially white) that the beam width becomes much wider and as a result the scanline in these bright colour areas becoming thinner when compared to dark colours. Is it possible to set either of the min or max beam width settings so that on brighter colours it keeps the beam width the same thickness as when in dark colours, so in effect getting an even beam width across the picture regardless of the different colours across the screen??

What does altering the min setting actually do and what does the max setting actually??, does the min setting only effect the beam width when in darker colours and the max setting effect the beam width when in brighter colours?, if so we would want a higher value for the max setting than the min setting?

EasyMode

Is it possible to set either of the min or max beam width settings so that on brighter colours it keeps the beam width the same thickness as when in dark colours, so in effect getting an even beam width across the picture regardless of the different colours across the screen??

Keeping the beam width min/max equal does keep it even. The problem is setting brightness boost over 1.0 will make the scanlines appear narrower in bright areas anyways (especially white like you said). Try setting beam width min/max and brightness boost to 1.0, and you should see consistency, but you probably wont like how dark it is. So it's choice between total consistency and brightness.

does the min setting only effect the beam width when in darker colours and the max setting effect the beam width when in brighter colours?, if so we would want a higher value for the max setting than the min setting?

That's correct.

Shaneus

Thanks! Sadly no mention of the C=64, though Amiga and Odyssey2 are there.
Jaguar emulation?!? Can anyone test how T2K runs? While I'm at work, I mean... I'll test at home but I'm curious now.

Edit: And are all those cores available on the RetroPie build of Retroarch? I haven't looked into it too much, but I had no idea Retroarch even had Jaguar compatibility.
Edit #2: Never mind :/

Radius4

The files can be downloaded here.

Unzip to the shaders/crt folder and load the preset.

Preview:

Changes:

Here's a mouse-over comparison with the regular version:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/128583

Your shader is amazing! I use it on my 720p TV and my 1080p TV.
I still use Royale@4K on my PC but tweaking this shader might make me switch, it's great that you've tweaked it to make the scanlines even at a common resolution like 1080p.

Will you add this to common shaders?

Joey Ravn

Banned
A kinda off-topic question, if you allow me to. I've had my RetroArch setup ready for some time now, running without any major issue. This week, I added a third, 5:4 monitor to my PC which works incredibly well with retro games. I have successfully configured RetroArch's different cores to output to that monitor, and the result is amazing. No more need for overlays to "hide" the extra black space, yay!

The only problem I'm having at the moment is that I launch all my games through Emulation Station, but I haven't been able to make it start on my third monitor. It always boots up on my main display, and the RetroArch switches to the third one once it loads a game. Does anyone know if I can force ES to open in a specific monitor, different from the main display?

EasyMode

Your shader is amazing! I use it on my 720p TV and my 1080p TV.
I still use Royale@4K on my PC but tweaking this shader might make me switch, it's great that you've tweaked it to make the scanlines even at a common resolution like 1080p.

Will you add this to common shaders?

Thanks mate! I'm planning on adding it to common shaders, but I'm thinking of optimizing and maybe adding a few more things first.

Radius4

It uses a folder full of launchers, which are simple text files with a path to the emulator .exe and any command line arguments it needs. An example of what I use for SNES:
Code:
executable = ..\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe
arguments = "%ITEM_FILEPATH%" -L Cores\bsnes_balanced_libretro.dll
It's telling RetroArch to launch a ROM with the BSNES Balanced core. Something like Demul has a more complicated argument setup:
Code:
executable = ..\Emulators\DEmul\demul.exe
arguments = -run=dc -image="%ITEM_FILEPATH%"

Yeah, I just tried it and got it working. You have to add retrofe.exe as the target for your non-Steam game shortcut, which is in the core folder of wherever you extract RetroFE. Then you need to remove core\ from the "Start In" path in the shortcut's properties, so it's pointing directly to your RetroFE folder. The Steam overlay works with it as well as RetroArch, Dolphin, Demul and PCSX2.

One thing though, RetroFE doesn't have native controller support yet. I use an AntiMicro auto profile which maps the keys set in controls.conf to my pad when RetroFE is active. Xpadder can do that too.

How do you get yabause to work? I got guardian heroes to load but all the GFX have a green tint and almost no sound

Awakened

How do you get yabause to work? I got guardian heroes to load but all the GFX have a green tint and almost no sound
Do you have the BIOS? It needs to be named saturn_bios.bin in your system folder and you need to disable the "Force HLE BIOS" option. That fixes problems in a few games and allows some to boot that don't with the HLE BIOS.

There are a rare few games that have problems with a real BIOS, which is why enabling HLE can be handy.

Lettuce

Ok think ive got a config for the crt-easymode-halation shader im happy with on my Sony LCD TV. The following settings are the only settings ive changed all the others at default settings....

Code:
GAMMA INPUT  2.15
GAMMA OUTPUT  2.45
CRT HALATION  0.08
CRT DIFFUSION  0.08
MASK DARKNESS LOW  1.50
MASK DARKNESS HIGH  1.50
MASK BRIGHTNESS LOW  1.50
MASK BRIGHTNESS HIGH  1.50
SCANLINE BEAM WIDTH MIN  0.50
SCANLINE BEAM WIDTH MAX  0.50
SCANLINE BRIGHTNESS MIN  0.15
SCANLINE BRIGHTNESS MAX  0.20
BRIGHTNESS BOOST  1.15

Just a few more questions on the shader, what does the scanline cutoff setting effect?, im struggling to see a difference in the effect that halation and diffusion has, they seem to act the same??. Is it possible to add a higher value for the 'Scanline Strength' setting in your next release, instead of it stopping a '1.00' would it be possible to have to go to '2.00' for a stronger effect?

EasyMode

Just a few more questions on the shader, what does the scanline cutoff setting effect?, im struggling to see a difference in the effect that halation and diffusion has, they seem to act the same??. Is it possible to add a higher value for the 'Scanline Strength' setting in your next release, instead of it stopping a '1.00' would it be possible to have to go to '2.00' for a stronger effect?

The cutoff just cancels the scanline effect if the game's vertical resolution is higher (ie. 480i). Halation effects the mask (you will notice faint RGB lines in the glow), diffusion doesn't. It's a small difference. If you set scanline strength to 1.0 and lower scanline brightness min/max to 0.0, the lines will be completely black which is as strong as it gets. So lower the scanline brightness to get a stronger effect, but you may get some unevenness at 1080p.

I'm trying to get Playstation games to work, and out of all of them I've only managed to get Bushido Blade to work, but none else. Whenever I load a game it comes up with the command prompt and says "failed to load" then RetroArch crashes and comes up with a stopped working error. Anyone have any advice or a reason why this is happening on Playstation games?

Feel free to post any ideas here if you don't have an account there

So here's my high-level feedback on the UI:

• There are too many workflows for actually loading content. At very least "Load Content" and "Load Content (Detect Core)" are redundant. Ideally, get rid of the second one and have the first one just load the content if the loaded core would run it and prompt you for a core if it doesn't. Similarly, why separate content and playlists? Just make both available in the same menu.
  • You don't need multiple menus for core-related stuff. Just have one that shows the core information and then has the core options underneath.
  • The difference between Settings and Options is really non-obvious. If there's an important distinction here, make it clearer, otherwise just collapse these into one.
  • The config options are really messy. My preference would be to move the default config into the actual config directory, show the name of the config file on the menu just like the loaded core and content, and have one save option with a box that defaults to being filled with the current loaded config but lets you enter a different name instead.
  • Don't hide the borderless windowed setting, make one setting with the options "Windowed," "Borderless," and "Fullscreen." That's how games that support the feature usually do it.
  • A submenu per user in the input settings is a good idea, and it'd be great to have an option called "Clone Input 1 Setup" that mirrors any buttons on Input 1 that are set to a controller onto the same buttons on the next controller.
  • Just in general the aspect ratio/display port type video options could be a lot clearer.

I think that's everything I've got. Always great to see an effort put in on UX in open-source software.

Radius4

- I like the differentiation between content detect core and load content and I think most of use at #retroarch do, this kind of change (make it show the menu only if a match is not found) is too big for what we're proposing here. Playlists is completely new but it might be good to make it a submenu of Load Content but it might not be possible. Hiding Load Content when a core is selected is at least a step in this direction
- With the core stuff I disagree, I don't want core info to be printed all the time, it's potentially a lot of information. Core options would be shown on a contextual menu only when available (XMB has this sort of contextual menu already) anyway. Maybe core information should be in this menu too!

Example of core information:

display_name = "PlayStation (Mednafen PSX)"
authors = "Ryphecha"
supported_extensions = "cue|toc|m3u|ccd|exe"
corename = "Mednafen PSX"
manufacturer = "Sony"
categories = "Emulator"
systemname = "PlayStation"
database = "Sony - PlayStation"
license = "GPLv2"
permissions = ""
display_version = "v0.9.36.3"
supports_no_game = "false"
firmware_count = 3
firmware0_desc = "scph5500.bin (PS1 JP BIOS)"
firmware0_path = "scph5500.bin"
firmware0_opt = "false"
firmware1_desc = "scph5501.bin (PS1 US BIOS)"
firmware1_path = "scph5501.bin"
firmware1_opt = "false"
firmware2_desc = "scph5502.bin (PS1 EU BIOS)"
firmware2_path = "scph5502.bin"
firmware2_opt = "false"
notes = "Suggested md5sums:|8dd7d5296a650fac7319bce665a6a53c = scph5500.bin|490f666e1afb15b7362b406ed1cea246 = scph5501.bin|32736f17079d0b2b7024407c39bd3050 = scph5502.bin"

Why would I want that on screen all the time?

- There is a functional difference (important for devs) in settings/options, with my suggestions the options menu would go away entirely consolidating the options in other menus.
- Cloning settings would be too convoluted. We're not adding features here, just changing the flow of the UI

About the config options... messy how? Configurations atm just loads a config from the config folder. It's IMPOSSIBLE to make it look for the config in the config folder without reading the config beforehand. Save new config should go I agree.

Maybe core information should be in this menu too!

Oh. Sorry, that's exactly what I meant to suggest. Instead of two different choices "Core Information" and "Core Options," either combine both to a single menu, or make one a submenu of the other.

(I do think it would be nice to see the name of the loaded content in the main menu instead of, say, the time.)

- There is a functional difference (important for devs) in settings/options, with my suggestions the options menu would go away entirely consolidating the options in other menus.

Yeah, all I care about is that it's hard to remember which items are in each. Combining these menus and keeping the names of all the submenus ("Core Options" but "Driver Settings") would just make it easier to find stuff.

About the config options... messy how?

The only way to save to the default config is to turn on save-config-on-exit. Your only other alternative is to save something custom, exit, copy that over your retroarch.cfg, and restart.

Along the same lines, if you start with the default config then load a custom one, you can't get back to the default without quitting and reloading.

I guess you could capture what I'm talking about by having "Save to Default Config" (writes to retroarch.cfg) and "Save to Custom Config" (lets you name a custom file in the set config directory), and similarly "Load Default Config" and "Load Custom Config." It's four options total now but you could put them in a "Configuration Files" submenu instead of on the main menu.

Thanks for taking feedback on this. The menus are probably the biggest obstacle to getting people on board with retroarch at this point and the changes you're suggesting will already do a ton to improve that.

Hyllian

Hi. I just added a new version of my Super xBR shader to common-shaders. It's a bit different from the standard xbr, as it's more focused on games with more color gradients.

Some shots of SOTN:

u9hE8Ew.png

EWDLrDP.png

Others.

It's on this link.

XYTaCFH.png

BONKERS

Hi. I just added a new version of my Super xBR shader to common-shaders. It's a bit different from the standard xbr, as it's more focused on games with more color gradients.

Some shots of SOTN:

u9hE8Ew.png

EWDLrDP.png

Others.

It's on this link.

XYTaCFH.png

Very nice! Almost looks like an unsharp mask is being applied somewhere. Has a nice look to it.

Is there any good setup guides for RetroArch? I've been messing around and got the main stuff working well (NES,SNES, Genesis) but messing with Playstation and MAME and others that deal with bioses and stuff is kinda confusing.

Radius4

PSX or at least mednafen PSX is explained in the Libretro wiki. I'll be trying to add more articles there.

About mame I wrote an article at the libretro blog check that out.

Top Bottom