• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviewers should lie on game reviews to save the industry

Topher

Gold Member
Austin Powers Love GIF

Games that review well quiet often sell well, games that review mediocre and poor sell like crap.

If you are a reviewer, instead of giving a game 7.4, just make up a lie and say the game is a solid 8.3.

That way, lots of people will get to keep their jobs and we get more games. After Covid, game development has not been easy for developers and publishers. Give them a break.
I'll start! I review this thread 11/10!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
They've already been doing this for decades, except they don't do it for free.
Well there’s the problem. They’re spending all their money greasing the reviewers, so they don’t have enough to pay their employees. If the reviewers would just give out better scores for free, everything would be solved!

Dacvak

Getting your windows smashed in Portland is considered a right of passage but I digress.
I met my fiancée because both of our cars had our windows smashed. True story. (Though this happened in Baltimore)

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

Games that review well quiet often sell well, games that review mediocre and poor sell like crap.

If you are a reviewer, instead of giving a game 7.4, just make up a lie and say the game is a solid 8.3.

That way, lots of people will get to keep their jobs and we get more games. After Covid, game development has not been easy for developers and publishers. Give them a break.
How about no.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Don't they already do this?

CjdtcB1.jpeg

Didn't make it sell though

Mobilemofo

I think they should go the other way and absolutely decimate the product, at launch, with humorous put downs and witty/edgy comments, and foul language. Dark humour and sarcasm should also be included.

Top Bottom