• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Fever |OT| "Wubadubaduba is that true?"

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Got my copy today, played up to the sweet/spider packing stage. Great fun and the graphics look really nice on a TV screen. I've got Superb on everything so far and a couple of perfects. All the stages so far are pretty easy but it's still wonderful to play. Something like Monkey Watch is a total doddle but that makes it very relaxing, you can play most of the stages with your eyes closed.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Any info on when this is coming out in the EU? Or am I going to have to import it?

It's coming out in the summer, I think. It's going to be called Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise, for some reason.

G.O.O.

The stupid monkey clock game has been the worst for me so far. Which sucks, because I love the level's concept. I just can't hit those stupid pink monkeys two-thirds of the time.
If that means anything, I really, really sucked at first but got better with practice.

clemenx

Banned
Flipper Flop is Frog Hop redux :( way too long. I can't seem to do well for the whole game and miss the superb.

I see people dislike the Fishing one? That's been one of the easiest for me, and the blue fish is hilarious!

zroid

Banned
Whoa, 40 minute GB Quick Look! That was awesome.

That was a magical performance on Monkey Watch. Except for the last few, but I'm not gonna hold that again him.

clemenx

Banned
I don't know if it's because the game is on TV or I'm just not feeling the music, but I'm using way more visual cues with this game than on the DS or the GBA versions. There are a couple of games (most notably the baseball one) where I have no idea about what's the music doing.

Got past the monkey business with the watches and it's all flowing again.

Not sure if it's been asked but is it worth going back and checking out the portable games now?

I'm done monkeying around and want to get my rhythm on.

Not sure if it's been asked but is it worth going back and checking out the portable games now?

YES! Rhythm Heaven for the DS is one of my favorite DS games ever. It's also a little easier to keep the rhythm because you're mostly tapping on the screen.

Tucah

you speak so well

Yes. I personally think this is the best game in the series but the other two games are fantastic and absolutely worth playing as well.

dkeane

Really enjoying this. Up to the third remix. So much fun.
They need to make a downloadable version with weekly DLC on WiiU

Really enjoying this. Up to the third remix. So much fun.
They need to make a downloadable version with weekly DLC on WiiU

OR... they can release a version for the Wii U that includes all of the content that they created for the game already instead of holding some of it back and making you pay extra for it!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
OR... they can release a version for the Wii U that includes all of the content that they created for the game already instead of holding some of it back and making you pay extra for it!

Yeah, because that's how all DLC works. You know - Minerva's Den, Undead Nightmare, Bethesda stuff, TF2 and L4D DLCs... They were all already finished up when the games were released, but the publishers held onto them to rip us off!

totowhoa

Banned

nincompoop
(Today, 09:57 AM)

A game like this *should* have DLC. Two bucks for whatever for a new tier of games would be great. They don't have to hold any thing back from the original release

Anyway, just got to remix 8 I think. So sad that I'm nearing the end already, but I still have a ton of medals to get. I can't see myself getting a perfect on a couple of those remixes, especially number 3. I always fuck up on the 1-2 figure fighter parts.

Yeah, because that's how all DLC works. You know - Minerva's Den, Undead Nightmare, Bethesda stuff, TF2 and L4D DLCs... They were all already finished up when the games were released, but the publishers held onto them to rip us off!

You're right, a publisher would NEVER do something like that. They're all about going out of their way to act in the best interest of consumers, rather than exploiting their naivety to make easy money! *Kisses framed photograph of Bobby Kotick hanging on my wall*

My least favorite minigame is the one with the electric things on the blimp, in tower 6. I don't know why, but I can never do the timing right, and the game itself is uninteresting.

Honorable mention goes to Love Rap, which, honestly, grew on me. :lol

My most favorite minigame is probably the factory with bouncing balls in Tower 3. I like both versions, but have more fun with #1, which I thought was harder.

Honorable mention goes to Remix 3. Awesome song, awesome games.

It's easier to play most of them like that. :)

Sometimes I have fun trying to play the game while in the bathroom with my wireless headphones and wireless Wii remote. You really have to listen for the audio cues in some games, like in the 2nd game, the robot factory.

zroid

Banned
It was released at a budget price already though. :\

Regardless, it's a Nintendo game. Those don't price drop for months usually.

Only if they really sell badly. Rhythm Heaven on DS suffered such a fate, unfortunately. Hope the same doesn't happen to Fever, it deserves better.

I must look like a complete dork playing this game because I bob my head most of the time to stay on rhythm. It just helps me keep track of the beats. Sometimes I'll wag the wiimote with it as well just for kicks. But goddamn if it isn't charming as hell. Totally worth dusting off my wii for.

Rarutos

Only if they really sell badly. Rhythm Heaven on DS suffered such a fate, unfortunately. Hope the same doesn't happen to Fever, it deserves better.

Well, that's why I said usually! And I hope it doesn't sell horribly either. I'm scared it will. :(

Codeblue

I made it through Monkey Watch, but I'm beginning to feel like my main issue with this game is the Wii Remote's A button, surprisingly enough. I wish I could better articulate what my issue is: it's either the "depth" or the button or just a symptom of me rarely using the control (meaning I'll eventually adjust). My thumb hurts. :/

I know exactly what you mean and I noticed it on Monkey Watch too.

I'm not adjusting for the time it actually takes to press the button or something since there was no depth to the DS touch screen. I'm not sure I'm describing it correctly, but I definitely know what you mean.

I burned though the first 7 tiers in a day, now I've hardly touched the later ones, it's just hard to get excited about the harder versions of old stages.

megalowho

Finally getting around to this. Feels great to play some more Rhythm Heaven. The Wii remote's A button is a little too big and loose and that can be distracting at times, but I've had no trouble getting perfects and superbs so far.

Loving the way everything looks, they really nailed the visual upgrade. Sound design is A+ too, I'm especially fond of the short lo-fi remixes that play during tutorials. Haven't been playing a lot of Wii games recently, nice to have a good reason to fire it up again.

Roto13

I haven't really enjoyed this one as much as I have the other two games. Like I sit down and play one minigame and find it annoying and then don't feel like doing the tutorial for the next game.

I bet I would like it more as a 3DS game. "Eh, I'm not done pooping anyway, might as well do the next minigame." Though honestly some games are just unpleasant. Like the shrimp one.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
You're right, a publisher would NEVER do something like that. They're all about going out of their way to act in the best interest of consumers, rather than exploiting their naivety to make easy money! *Kisses framed photograph of Bobby Kotick hanging on my wall*

Who cares what usually happens?

The guy clearly asked for EXTRA content to be released as DLC, and then you came in with your smartass-ness and mindless DLC hating attitude with a comment that is absolutely unrelated to what he said.

You don't like DLCs. Ok. We get it.

cj_iwakura

Cleared Remix 10.

Kill me now. (Only took me an hour!)

I love Cheer Readers so much.

Worst game? The damn shrimp.

Love Rap kinda grew on me after a while.

totowhoa

Banned
Yes, but very limited.

And a damn shame too. It's really inexcusable, considering the Wii is known for its multiplayer. Every game could have been made into a two player game as well without much effort. I loved playing the few games they did provide, though.

Love Rap is so bad. Oh God.

lol my fiance and I hated it at first. It's grown on us a lot now though. Love Rap 2 is better as well.

Donk donk is great. I perfected it the first time :p

My favorite part of these is seeing how different people find different aspects hard.

dkeane

I must look like a complete dork playing this game because I bob my head most of the time to stay on rhythm. It just helps me keep track of the beats. Sometimes I'll wag the wiimote with it as well just for kicks. But goddamn if it isn't charming as hell. Totally worth dusting off my wii for.

I constantly have my leg moving. Now I don't even notice I'm doing it.

Up to the fifth remix. Keeps getting better and better.

eldoon

After passing the Japanese version this game has been a breeze
even monkey clock which took hours last time took 1 shot
love rap took 2 shots because i was so off with the diasuki noises didnt line up
but now im up to the stupid tap dancers ......

Top Bottom