• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Fever |OT| "Wubadubaduba is that true?"

zroid

Banned
Decided to call Best Buy after all... they said it's still scheduled to arrive today, so I should check again this evening in case they get a delivery this afternoon. Guess that's mildly good news. There's hope yet that I may get my fix before nightfall!

Magnalon

Neo Member
It's not looking good in my local area for RH: Fever sales. I called 10 GameStops - most of them had never even heard of the game, and weren't aware that it was coming out today (no shipments, no pre-orders).

The one I pre-ordered it from didn't even know when they'd get it.

creid

I was going to say this seems the same for a bunch of releases from nintendo... unless something was way different, this is no surprise to me.
It's not just Nintendo, same goes for just about every publisher. "Release date" is generally Tuesday, usually doesn't arrive in stores til Wed-Thu.

zroid

Banned
According to web inventory, my local Best Buy has it in stock now. But I'm skeptical because apparently it's the only store in the vicinity that has it. Oh well. I'm stepping out later so I'll drop by for a look-see.

It's still not in stock on the web so looks like my pre-order went to waste.

Hylian7

According to web inventory, my local Best Buy has it in stock now. But I'm skeptical because apparently it's the only store in the vicinity that has it. Oh well. I'm stepping out later so I'll drop by for a look-see.

It's still not in stock on the web so looks like my pre-order went to waste.

The closest Best Buy to me that has it is 30-45 minutes away.....I'll just wait if no one around here has it.

Pyrokai

Of course GameStop won't have it until tomorrow :( . Target didn't have it either. Walmart is a lost cause for prompt game releases. Any suggestions on where to try, guys?

Hylian7

Of course GameStop won't have it until tomorrow :( . Target didn't have it either. Walmart is a lost cause for prompt game releases. Any suggestions on where to try, guys?

Just wait at this point, if those places don't have it, I wouldn't expect anyone to until tomorrow.

mollipen

Playing this game at home, on my 47" LED HDTV (complete with "game" mode) makes the game ridiculously hard to play. Playing it at work on my 32" LCD HDTV (which does not have game mode, I believe) is a whole different situation, and I feel like I'm actually in control.

So... yeah. Be aware of that potential. Before you say that I just suck as Rhythm Heaven, I own (and have completely) both US and JPN versions of Rhythm Heaven DS, and original GBA Rhythm Heaven. This definitely feels like a game where, if something in your set-up just rubs the Wii the right way, your experience could greatly vary. At this point, I feel like I'll have to just simply write off ever playing it at home.

Rarutos

Doesn't seem to be anywhere near my area. Profound sadness, guess I'll have to wait.

Edit: Updated the OP with Gameplay Trailer #3 and the Launch Trailer. At the end of the three gameplay trailers and the Launch Trailer, there's a "hidden code" that you can use in the game apparently. Not sure what it's for yet though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Hoping to pick this when it'll come out in Europe. LOVED the DS one, probably I'll love this too :D

Of course, now that I actually have a game to play on my Wii, the disc reader on my system isn't working. :/

I have to send it in too. Bleh.

zroid

Banned
Yay! So I went to the Best Buy whose web inventory appeared to indicate there were units in stock. I was told there were three, and they hadn't even been unpacked from the boxes. Apparently the delivery (of three) had just arrived at around 6pm. Dude told me that if I came back later/tomorrow I could get one. Done and done.

So happy! Reading the instruction booklet now.

TimeKillr

Playing this game at home, on my 47" LED HDTV (complete with "game" mode) makes the game ridiculously hard to play. Playing it at work on my 32" LCD HDTV (which does not have game mode, I believe) is a whole different situation, and I feel like I'm actually in control.

So... yeah. Be aware of that potential. Before you say that I just suck as Rhythm Heaven, I own (and have completely) both US and JPN versions of Rhythm Heaven DS, and original GBA Rhythm Heaven. This definitely feels like a game where, if something in your set-up just rubs the Wii the right way, your experience could greatly vary. At this point, I feel like I'll have to just simply write off ever playing it at home.

That's what I was worried about. Hopefully it'll be playable on my TV....

zigg

Phew, my Wii is scheduled to arrive Wednesday at last. Good thing, because I picked this up today!

Also: *hugs plasma*

Also also: I put in a preorder at Best Buy (because why not?) and it went down kind of hilariously. They were in the back at my store too. I might have not been able to convince them to get it for me but for the preorder, but then again they're always really nice at my store.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
BestBuy sent me an e-mail yesterday saying my order would be ready for pickup in the store today.

Ha.

No copies, confusion from the staff, searching the back room -- finally they decide they aren't getting the game until the 17th.

This is the second preorder they've bungled... first Skyward Sword bundle, now this...

Adam J.

Ordered from Amazon and it didn't ship out today. Hopefully tomorrow.

BTW, the official Nintendo site has some killer Rhythm Heaven desktop wallpapers :D

Picked one up at Best Buy. They weren't on the shelf, so I told a sales associate it appeared in-stock online so he went to the backroom to check. Came back with 2 copies (no idea if those were the only ones). :)

Anyway, played through the first 5 remixes. After reading a few comments here and there I was beginning to worry about lag but I haven't found it to be an issue at all (playing on Viera Plasma). Variation isn't an issue either, despite the simple controls. Games seem longer and not too hard to clear but perfects seem harder due to the longer levels, maybe I'm just tired though. Sure I'll play it more in the coming days. Just finished Rhythm Heaven DS a few months ago and picked up the GBA game (still finishing), and now this. Great series, easy to pick up and play with just the right amount of challenge. Wish it was on every device (especially iOS).

HylianTom

Banned
Picked one up at Best Buy. They weren't on the shelf, so I told a sales associate it appeared in-stock online so he went to the backroom to check. Came back with 2 copies (no idea if those were the only ones). :)

Word-for-word exact same story for me. I ran from work to Best Buy, and they somehow had those two copies left in the back. And now I have a four-day weekend to play!

TimeKillr

So yeah, I was afraid I'd have input lag problems, but no.

I have to stop myself from playing it... I cleared the first 3 remixes (and then did the Wrestler Interview, because it's just too awesome!)

I'm very used to the series though (did full perfect clears on the GBA version and the DS version) so there's no stage that's remotely challenging now. The hardest one for the moment is, strangely, the monkey cymbal. I still have a little problem remembering the sounds in it but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

I don't like the lyrics track in Remix 3 though. I always like the japanese versions better because they fit WAY better with the beat, but hey. I could always hack my wii and import a japanese version... :)

Gameboy415

Unless stores are getting larger shipments later in the week, it seems like this may actually be a somewhat limited release.

The Target near my house was sold out by noon today and there were none on the shelf at the Target near my office, even though the online stock indicator claimed it was in stock.
After asking an employee to check the back room, he came back and told me they had only received three copies - one of which I bought, of course! :D

Unless stores are getting larger shipments later in the week, it seems like this may actually be a somewhat limited release.

The Target near my house was sold out by noon today and there were none on the shelf at the Target near my office, even though the online stock indicator claimed it was in stock.
After asking an employee to check the back room, he came back and told me they had only received three copies - one of which I bought, of course! :D

You may be right. Amazon is sold out too

I'm kind of worried that my Amazon preorder hasn't been prepared for shipment yet and it doesn't appear that they're even selling the game... should I be worried that they won't be able to fulfill my order?

I'm kind of worried that my Amazon preorder hasn't been prepared for shipment yet and it doesn't appear that they're even selling the game... should I be worried that they won't be able to fulfill my order?

You may have to wait a couple of weeks. They're saying that the next shipment won't be till then:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006L1FAK2/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1329199134&sr=8-1&condition=new

But surely they'll be able to get it to you sooner, though, since you preordered

I guess I'll head to Best Buy tomorrow and see if they have it in stock, then. Since it hasn't been prepared for shipping yet I can still cancel it.

zroid

Banned
I fully expect more units will be shipped out to retailers next week, as needed. Nintendo and the retailers are probably just playing it cautiously at first to see how it goes. Seems that most stores are just getting fewer than 5 copies each, to begin with.

I fully expect more units will be shipped out to retailers next week, as needed. Nintendo and the retailers are probably just playing it cautiously at first to see how it goes. Seems that most stores are just getting fewer than 5 copies each, to begin with.

Hopefully you're right. Pretty much all the major online retailers are out of stock now

Chairhome

Damn. I was going to try to wait on this till at least Friday, but if there's a real shortage, I'll have to try to get it today.

GringoJB

Yeah, you definitely might be right. Just to share what I've seen, there were 3 or 4 of the 5 or 6 Best Buys around my city that had it "in stock" online yesterday. As of this morning, those 3 or 4 had it as "unavailable", whereas the other 2 stores actually now had it.

Anyway, I guess the moral is to grab it while you can, since things seem to be fluctuating in a weird way...?

TimeKillr

Does this game have lag adjustment?

No, unless the rhythm test in the beginning is used as a sort of lag adjustment, which I doubt.

It's kinda weird, but I have zero issues with timing, going from my Wii into my receiver going to my TV at 480p. My TV is a Sharp Aquos LC42-D64U, with 1080p native.

Just bought it at Best Buy and cancelled my Amazon pre-order. Fuck you, Amazon!

I had a hard time finding it at Best Buy though, since for some reason they hid it behind a stack of copies of Samurai Warriors.

zroid

Banned
Does this game have lag adjustment?

Even if there is a bit of lag, it probably won't bother you too much. The visual cues are more for flavour and to inform you of what type of input to make. Following the music alone is what will keep you alive.

Top Bottom