• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

parasight

PhoncipleBone said:
Good point. Coldplay pisses me off in many ways, yet makes me happy in others. They are a big enough band that it would be welcome to have them in the game. Eventually.

I just want Sir Elton DLC, or some more fucking Radiohead finally.

To this day I am perplexed by how little Radiohead we have. Hopefully with keyboards we'll see a big pack of their catalog.

Also, if we don't get Tiny Dancer by the end of the year - for shame Harmonix!

parasight said:
To this day I am perplexed by how little Radiohead we have. Hopefully with keyboards we'll see a big pack of their catalog.

Also, if we don't get Tiny Dancer by the end of the year - for shame Harmonix!
Sir Elton DLC has to be coming. Billy Joel and him have to be the most requested artists for keys support.

Ridli

So for you people who play Rockband much more than me, are there any tools that I'm unaware of that allow you to Catalogue your music/DLC out of game? I've thrown maybe, 2 rockband parties in my life, but that number is probably going to trend much higher in the following months.

One of the things that I found helpful for the second party was to print out a list of all the tracks/DLC I had, arranged by band, so people could pick out songs while waiting their turn. That was really easy when I had nothing but RB2 and RB1 exported songs, and maybe a dozen DLC singles. But now I've got a lot more DLC and with RB3 it's going to be much more difficult (well, tedious) to update that list. Any tips on how I can better organize this for my guests?

Ridli said:
So for you people who play Rockband much more than me, are there any tools that I'm unaware of that allow you to Catalogue your music/DLC out of game? I've thrown maybe, 2 rockband parties in my life, but that number is probably going to trend much higher in the following months.

One of the things that I found helpful for the second party was to print out a list of all the tracks/DLC I had, arranged by band, so people could pick out songs while waiting their turn. That was really easy when I had nothing but RB2 and RB1 exported songs, and maybe a dozen DLC singles. But now I've got a lot more DLC and with RB3 it's going to be much more difficult (well, tedious) to update that list. Any tips on how I can better organize this for my guests?

Just have to keep an excel sheet is probably the best way to do it, then update that when u get new stuff.

fernoca

PhoncipleBone said:
Must resist spending money to get Live Gold again.
Better do it soon, since the price goes up in a few days. ;)

I do too. Mine expires in December.

EDIT:
Didn't someone said that the game included a booklet with all 2000+ songs on it?
That would make things easier for Ridli's parties. :p

Ridli

Terrordactyl said:

Wow, thanks! The site is a little rough, but I think this is what I'm looking for. It even has a way to export all your purchased and on-disc DLC to a spreadsheet, cvs, etc. This is going to come in handy.

Ideally, I'd love to setup a laptop/netbook or something where people can search and filter. I don't think they'll be able to do exactly what I want directly through this site, but it gives me the raw data I need to set it up without doing an entire weekend of data entry first.

KaYotiX

Banned
Just saw BBGs vids, Hype is overboard now....I need this game. Also I need more Rockband friends so I have a list of ppl for my friend leaderboards. Feel free to add me! Xbl tag is the same as my forum name.

Damn HMX making me wait till tues.

Shambles

Does Rock Band 3 fix the problem of having different input lag for different instruments by letting you have seperate calibrations for each one?

W1SSY

Apparently Gamestop shipped my PS3 keyboard and I was kind of worried I would get the game and have to wait for the keyboard but looks like I will have the keyboard early.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Shambles said:
Does Rock Band 3 fix the problem of having different input lag for different instruments by letting you have seperate calibrations for each one?

I must know this! I like a lower lag calibration for my guitar compared to my drum kit.

Anyone got a link to BBG videos of RB3?

I really feel this thread needs a custom banner so I made this if you feel like putting it up there.

Rock_Band_3_ot.png

I was going for an album cover vibe so it's not exactly banner sized. I can do something about that later if you like, for now I must sleep.

God damn I can't wait for this game.

soul creator said:
they never released anymore Beatles DLC after Rubber Soul, did they?

I wouldn't be surprised if that's true, because they have to custom make each video for the song. It's terribly expensive, and it's very cumbersome to play that game.

I can either play the main RockBand platform and have access to 2000 songs with all the updates, or I can play The Beatles.

Come on. Worse, the game is boring. The tracks are ridiculously easy. Not making the music exportable blows.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Four more days to go, punks!

My GameStop isn't doing a midnight launch for it, but they are for Star Wars Unleashed, so it's like it has it's own midnight launch. woot.

navanman

BigBlackGamer said:
no they don't allow you to do this.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll be fine with the way it is in RB2.

Anyway, where the hell is the RB2 export information, Harmonix?
Is it going to be like RB1 with another title update/patch to enable export through RB2 or like Lego:RB where you redeem a code to get access the RB2 songs as a single-download pack?

Current rumor is that the export will be available day of release. 800 Points or 10$ and majority of songs will export. (Some expect Soundgarden and RHCP to be excluded because there RB1 songs don't export either)

All rumor atm though. HMX is pretty much running out of time.

navanman

BigBlackGamer said:
Current rumor is that the export will be available day of release. 800 Points or 10$ and majority of songs will export. (Some expect Soundgarden and RHCP to be excluded because there RB1 songs don't export either)

OK, so Spoonman, Black Hole Sun, Give It Away & Dani California based on their previous on-disc songs.
Strange about RHCP seeing as they have plenty of DLC that I presume will still import fine.

So what's the story with the different embargoes?
Some ended today, but I know Shacknews were told they're embargo'd tilll Monday.

So excited :D

Roarer

BigBlackGamer said:

That's pretty strange. I assumed that all exported RB1 songs would work in RB3, seeing as they are treated as DLC more or less. Licensing is weird.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
BigBlackGamer said:

once its exported, its just DLC right? So it should let me play RB2 songs in Lego Rock band?

mrklaw said:
once its exported, its just DLC right? So it should let me play RB2 songs in Lego Rock band?
Why would you want to play anything in Lego Rock Band?

EDIT: Seems like the Nordic release for this game isn't until the 28th...

Tomasooie

BigBlackGamer said:
Some expect Soundgarden and RHCP to be excluded because there RB1 songs don't export either
Do you mean their Rock Band 1 songs are incompatible with Rock Band 3? Because they definitely exported and work on Rock Band 2.
I don't see this being true because it would also kill the Blood Sugar Sex Magik full album.

Paranoid (cover), Run to the Hills (cover) and Enter Sandman were the only songs that didn't export from Rock Band 1.

Tomasooie

Damn, so much for the full album. Hopefully Harmonix can reinstate the missing tracks when the bands' contracts allow for it.

Maddog

Tomasooie said:
Do you mean their Rock Band 1 songs are incompatible with Rock Band 3? Because they definitely exported and work on Rock Band 2.
I don't see this being true because it would also kill the Blood Sugar Sex Magik full album.

Paranoid (cover), Run to the Hills (cover) and Enter Sandman were the only songs that didn't export from Rock Band 1.

Dani California and Black Hole Sun don't show up in RB3. Some speculate they could not relicense them thanks to Activision.

Edit: beaten

That's a shame, I thought with Rock Band 1, they didn't know how the export process was going to work, so we ended up with 3 songs missing. But by the time RB2 came out they would have all licensing issues resolved for future exports.

LEGO Rock Band gave me hope that all RB2 songs would be exportable to RB3, but I'm worried that wont be the case now.

Gawd the wait for this game is fuckin' killing me. Got next week booked off work for it! :lol

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if you can find people in online quickplay that has DLC? Like a "DLC only" filter or something?

Tomasooie

Dead Man Typing said:
That's a shame, I thought with Rock Band 1, they didn't know how the export process was going to work, so we ended up with 3 songs missing. But by the time RB2 came out they would have all licensing issues resolved for future exports.
Right, I thought they said they had relicensed the RB1 songs for use in future games. And they said the fee was because they had to relicense, yet now they see fit to charge us double. I shouldn't take the feature for granted though.

And didn't Neversoft say they were going to update the GH:WT export feature to include more songs? Did that ever happen?

Ridley327

Tomasooie said:
Right, I thought they said they had relicensed the RB1 songs for use in future games. And they said the fee was because they had to relicense, yet now they see fit to charge us double. I shouldn't take the feature for granted though.

And didn't Neversoft say they were going to update the GH:WT export feature to include more songs? Did that ever happen?
Nope and everyone called bullshit on them right away when they announced the possibility.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not that I want a franchise to die and people to lose their jobs, but if this was the last year of GH I'd be perfectly fine with that, just to see some artists become available for Rock Band again.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Well the Neversoft GH team was already shitcanned and Vicarious Visions is taking over the franchise.

firehawk12 said:
Not that I want a franchise to die and people to lose their jobs, but if this was the last year of GH I'd be perfectly fine with that, just to see some artists become available for Rock Band again.
Yup. And it would also show that the quality product won in the end.

Also, I am mad about having to wait until Tuesday for exporting RB2. I know it is launch day, but it would be nice to trade in the game.

aristotle

PhoncipleBone said:
Yup. And it would also show that the quality product won in the end.

Also, I am mad about having to wait until Tuesday for exporting RB2. I know it is launch day, but it would be nice to trade in the game.

Why? You'd be lucky to get 5 bucks.

Top Bottom