• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Ridley327

bounchfx said:
holy fuck yes.

It's just confusing because in that article it says the RB is a 12 pack and yet we've still only seen 10 of the songs. +6 later is great, so that's 8 we don't know about yet
I'm guessing they're saving the announcement of the two remaining tracks until it's closer to release; that way, they can build a lot of hype.

I am actually considering getting the three guitar stand, the keyboard stand, and the microphone stand as well, as I'll have use for all three.

This game is ridiculously expensive. I even bought a PS3 specifically for this game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
navanman said:
Official prices for UK Rock Band 3 gear:

The price list in full:

* Rock Band Wireless Keyboard with Rock Band 3 software included - £109.99 (Xbox 360/PS3) and £99.99 (Wii)
* Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Mustang PRO-GUITAR Controller - £124.99
* Guitar, mic and keyboard stands - £24.99 each
* Rock Band Wireless Keyboard - £69.99
* Rock Band 3 Wireless PRO-DRUM and PRO-CYMBALS Kit - £119.99
* Other guitars including bass - £59.99 to £84.99
* Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-ADAPTER - £34.99
* Rock Band 3 Microphone - £24.99

Anyone have any info on the guitar, mic & keyboard stands or any differences with the RB3 microphone compared to Logitech RB1/RB2 version?

amazon already have the drums at £99

And surely you have some guitars lying around somewhere? I still have two GH2 guitars - is there anything particular about RB3 guitars that make them more suited? not looking at pro mode

Anyone know if ColdPlay is GH exclusive? Would love to play Clocks on the keyboard.

Also, Keane, The Fray, and other piano heavy bands are hopefully in the DLC pipeline.

Man, has anyone else been having issues accessing rockband.com? I was gong to export my Lego songs in preparation for RB3, but lost the code in the process due to the page having loading issues.

Emailed Harmonix about it, hopefully I can get it fixed. =/

peetfeet

navanman said:
Official prices for UK Rock Band 3 gear:

The price list in full:

* Rock Band Wireless Keyboard with Rock Band 3 software included - £109.99 (Xbox 360/PS3) and £99.99 (Wii)
* Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Mustang PRO-GUITAR Controller - £124.99
* Guitar, mic and keyboard stands - £24.99 each
* Rock Band Wireless Keyboard - £69.99
* Rock Band 3 Wireless PRO-DRUM and PRO-CYMBALS Kit - £119.99
* Other guitars including bass - £59.99 to £84.99
* Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-ADAPTER - £34.99
* Rock Band 3 Microphone - £24.99

Anyone have any info on the guitar, mic & keyboard stands or any differences with the RB3 microphone compared to Logitech RB1/RB2 version?

Those prices have been on the UK Rock Band site for at least a month, I thought everyone knew already.

BTW, if you're after Game, Pro Drums, Standard Guitar, Keyboard and Mic the UK Gameshark store will be doing all for £235 on all 3 systems.

Damn, just saw the Billy Joel packs upcoming. Might just have to buy the keyboard version after all. I was on the fence about this game and the lack of Billy Joel had me quite perturbed, but now all is right (though its still DLC so it'll coast a pretty penny). I'm just hoping the more complex tracks next spring have "NY State of Mind", "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant", and "Goodnight Saigon" on it.

DarthWufei said:
Man, has anyone else been having issues accessing rockband.com? I was gong to export my Lego songs in preparation for RB3, but lost the code in the process due to the page having loading issues.

Emailed Harmonix about it, hopefully I can get it fixed. =/
I think you can actually get your code again from that website. Try to put in your other code again, I'm not entirely sure, though.

Ridley327

There's likely to be issues with the website while they make the transition to the new format. Hopefully, they will be all resolved when Tuesday rolls around.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Ridley327 said:
There's likely to be issues with the website while they make the transition to the new format. Hopefully, they will be all resolved when Tuesday rolls around.

Neversoft would never do this.

Minsc

Gold Member
aristotle said:
No it won't. That's on expert pro. Do you really think anyone who hasn't played a guitar before will try that and give up?

You work up to that level, you don't start on it.

Yup, has there been any video of the pro-guitar training modes yet? I thought I read earlier the game would feature instructional modes for beginners to train on the guitar with, it's been a while so I'd probably need a refresher of scales, chords and everything myself.

bounchfx

Lone_Prodigy said:
Too bad they don't have a full keyboard. Two octaves aren't a lot.

for people that have never played piano before, it's more than enough.

also, same with Expert Pro Guitar mode, how can one reasonably expect to sight read that? protip: you're not. you practice your way up there. It's difficult for a reason, you're playing the actual guitar line. don't expect to beat it your first try, they sure as hell don't.

aristotle

Minsc said:
Yup, has there been any video of the pro-guitar training modes yet? I thought I read earlier the game would feature instructional modes for beginners to train on the guitar with, it's been a while so I'd probably need a refresher of scales, chords and everything myself.

There have been a few snippets here or there, but nothing really long. They're in there though for all songs from what I remember.

Nisa65

The scrolling notation in pro mode looks a lot less beginner friendly than just reading standard tablature/sheet music, especially on songs with fast tempos.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
How long do you think it'll take someobody who has minimal experience with the real guitar (ie able to play a few chords and scales) to pass something like Rainbow in the Dark on pro expert?

Nisa65

I would think that once you get to the solo you're pretty much fucked. Even experienced guitarists would struggle with it.

bounchfx

Nisa65 said:
I would think that once you get to the solo you're pretty much fucked. Even experienced guitarists would struggle with it.

I play guitar pretty well at an intermediate level and that looks like it would take me a bit to learn, however I've never tried playing it so maybe reading the tab THEN trying to play along would be easier. I'll let you know after RB3 is out!

Minsc

Gold Member
Nisa65 said:

Nothing like a video game to make someone try the same thing over and over 1000 times a day until you 100% it though, I'm expecting expert mode to be hard, impossible even, at first, but with a few months of game play under your belt, it should be a lot more approachable. I'm expecting if you progress up the difficulties, you'll slowly pick up the song more and more, like the easy will eliminate 3/4th the chords, normal 1/2, hard only 1/4th, and expert has every last note (or close to it). Starting any new song on expert should be suicide, but I'm hoping the game has training built in to all the pro songs like mentioned earlier.

woxel1

Since there's no complete RB3 instrument bundle, would it be worth it for a first-timer to get The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition? They are the latest versions of the basic instruments, correct? This is for somebody who's not interested in going "pro."

Archie said:
How long do you think it'll take someobody who has minimal experience with the real guitar (ie able to play a few chords and scales) to pass something like Rainbow in the Dark on pro expert?
366 days.

Oli

woxel1 said:
Since there's no complete RB3 instrument bundle, would it be worth it for a first-timer to get The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition? They are the latest versions of the basic instruments, correct? This is for somebody who's not interested in going "pro."

Not a bad idea. You can get it at a reasonable price, and Beatles Rock Band is a lot of fun.

Oli said:
Not a bad idea. You can get it at a reasonable price, and Beatles Rock Band is a lot of fun.

You are missing out on the keyboard, unless you also plan on getting RB3 with the keyboard bundle. Keyboard is quite a bit of fun too.

Am I the only one who thinks the Pro-Guitar options really suck? $150 is a lot of money for a controller I can only use with one game, but as someone who can play guitar, I don't want a realtar because I cannot think of a situation in which I would actually want to play a starter Squier Strat. :\

DuckRacer

Archie said:
Having doubts about your bet?
teehee.gif

I AM JOHN! said:
Am I the only one who thinks the Pro-Guitar options really suck? $150 is a lot of money for a controller I can only use with one game, but as someone who can play guitar, I don't want a realtar because I cannot think of a situation in which I would actually want to play a starter Squier Strat. :\
I agree, but the fact that this might be the only way I can actually force myself to learn how to play guitar is worth the $150. Besides I have spent that amount of money on much less useful things.

Tenks

I AM JOHN! said:

I don't know what else you would propose. They're not going to make the technology out of a $1,800 Ibenez or anything.

Oli

Affeinvasion said:
You are missing out on the keyboard, unless you also plan on getting RB3 with the keyboard bundle. Keyboard is quite a bit of fun too.

Well, I figured he knew that anyway, since RB3 is the first game to use it.

With the Beatles bundle you're getting drums, guitar, and mic, which a good starter, then with the RB3+Keyboard bundle you're set... For now.

kodt

Banned
This is going to be expensive. I have the full Rock Band 1 set, and the GH: World Tour set, but the Rock Band 1 drums suck, and the strum bars from the RB1 guitars are shot. The GH stuff still works but you miss out on solo keys, automatic lag calibration, and no pro-drums. Looks like I will be replacing most of it...

Rock Band 3 Game + Keyboard Bundle - $130

Rock Band 3 Drums + Cymbals Kit - $130

Rock Band 3 Wireless Guitar - $60

Midi Pro Adapter - $30 (already have a real Midi keyboard)

Bass can use a GH guitar, and I already have 2 mics.

And I may consider getting the Squier, but that is a ways off anyway.

Total: $350 ... shit

cjdunn

Whelp, Amazon finally cancelled by PS3 keyboard bundle. I was wondering if they would. I got an email instructing me to re-order each item with a claim code for $10 off.

Tenks said:
I don't know what else you would propose. They're not going to make the technology out of a $1,800 Ibenez or anything.
If they're doing a partnership with Fender, why not do a mid-level Strat? Speaking solely for myself here, I've been in the market for a new Strat for a while. If they put those guts into one of the full-size $500 Stratocasters and charged a premium on it, I'd jump in a heartbeat. $150+ might be out of my comfort zone for a controller, but $600 for a pretty good guitar that's there when I have when I either want to play something with that "Fender feel" or don't want to carry around my Les Paul that I can also use in my gooft video game? Hell yes!

Obviously I am one of those niche consumers, but if this pro instrument initiative is something they're serious about supporting, I'd like to see them go all out on it instead of playing to the extremes. And that's what they're doing - playing to the high extreme on the controller side and the low extreme on the guitar side. And I can see them losing a lot of people besides me in the process.

Mileena

Banned
Archie said:
Just hand over the $25 already :lol

Top Bottom