• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Ugh, speaking of LRB export, they aren't fixing my code problem without a receipt. I got this game like 5 months ago, lord knows I don't have that anymore. I"ll just have to leave the songs until I can find a code/willing to buy the game again.

Curufinwe

FlightOfHeaven said:
Also, I highly regret my purchase of The Beatles. I don't ever play it.

I only got The Beatles: Rock Band this month; $76 for the full limited edition on the 360 from cowboom. I don't like the guitar as much as my GH 3 and GHWT guitars, but they're on the PS2 and Wii so I need to learn to like the Hofner.

I plan on getting RB3 for Christmas and then I'll finally be able to take advantage of their massive DLC catalog, even if their Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins selections are very meagre.

aristotle said:
Why? You'd be lucky to get 5 bucks.
$5 is better than $0. And if I have all the songs over in RB3 then what reason do I have to keep it?

I dont regret my Beatles purchase though. I bought the bundle the first day for $250, but am happy because I played it a lot and it was very good at parties just for the harmonies. And it got me wireless drums finally.

Now if only they would do an export, or just resell all the stuff as DLC with key support added back in.

Curufinwe said:
I only got The Beatles: Rock Band this month; $76 for the full limited edition on the 360 from cowboom. I don't like the guitar as much as my GH 3 and GHWT guitars, but they're on the PS2 and Wii so I need to learn to like the Hofner.

I plan on getting RB3 for Christmas and then I'll finally be able to take advantage of their massive DLC catalog, even if their Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins selections are very meagre.

DAMN! I just checked over there but it looks like they only have PS3 bundles left. I really need new drums.

That bundle is a pretty good price. I'd say to jump for it.

I, unfortunately, got the standalone game for $60, and the resell value is HIDEOUS. I wish I could swap it for a new copy of LRB so I could export songs.

Pancho

Qurupancho
*sigh*

I just arrived home from an unsuccessful hunt for the game. :(

It's sad though, how very little advertising this game is getting. You see very minimal or zero promotional posters everywhere. I seriously hope this game sells well...but I'm having my doubts.

Ok, pro drums is quite a jump in difficulty. It probably would not be so bad if I were used to having all the cymbals attached. But when I see a green note coming down, I am used to hitting the pad and not the cymbal. It feels like relearning everything, which is all kinds of awesome.:D

Pancho said:
*sigh*

It's sad though, how very little advertising this game is getting. You see very minimal or zero promotional posters everywhere. I seriously hope this game sells well...but I'm having my doubts.

I'm sure there will be commercials for it on Sunday during football.

Gaaraz

Sorry to ask again, but genuinely curious before I splash out silly amounts:

Those who have the game early, do you have the instruments too?

I'm just wondering, as someone with a interest in music (used to play bass in a surprisingly good band, though the rest of the guys pretty much carried me and I picked up stuff quickly) and will never have the motivation to sit down and learn instruments, would I be able to buy the drum kit and use it to save me having to buy a proper electronic drum kit? Likewise with the guitar, could I just use this and pretty much sell my guitar? (that I never use...) Maybe they keyboard too? Although it looks weird and surprised by how little keys it has.

Thanks

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Pancho said:
*sigh*

It'll do better than GH:WoR (86,000 lawl), but it will still be a pretty big bomba. The deluge of music games in 2009 really killed the market. :(

Oli

I haven't been paying attention, have they announced how importing from RB2 will work yet?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
They announced it on GTTV last night. Available Tuesday, $9.99 and 'the vast majority' (read: no Metallica, RHCP, AC/DC or Soundgarden) of songs will export.

Oli

Archie said:
They announced it on GTTV last night. Available Tuesday, $9.99 and 'the vast majority' (read: no Metallica, RHCP, AC/DC or Soundgarden) of songs will export.

You need the disk right? Is there a code too? Or just the disk?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Oli said:
You need the disk right? Is there a code too? Or just the disk?

The specifics of how it will work and what songs are missing hasn't been announced but Archie's missing song list seems logical (except for AC/DC??)

navanman

canadian crowe said:
Why no AC/DC?

I'm guessing this is based on the fact that people who have the game already and also own(ed) RB:AC/DC and exported it, are not seeing it showing up in RB3.

It all a bit of a mess really, you still need your Rock Band 2 disc on hand if you want to play those missing songs.

navanman

bathala said:
so I can rent RB 1 and RB2 to export songs to RB3?

You can rent RB 1 and export, yes.
We will find out on Tuesday, if something similar happens for RB2 but I'm going for Lego: Rock Band style code based export myself.

After sitting here for an hour rating all the songs in my library, I noticed that you can delete individual songs from past games from your library. So even though the Lego stuff is one big file on the HDD, inside the game I can delete whatever songs I dont want.

I am afraid to because I dont know how to get the imported songs back. The DLC is easy, just redownload it. But imported stuff might be trickier. However, rating stuff with only one lighter means it will NEVER show up in random setlists again.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Metallica: Hasn't exported in a Rock Band game before, and there are rumors that Master of Puppets will be available as DLC in the near future.
Soundgarden: Black Hole Sun doesn't show up in RB3 and GH6 received Soundgarden's greatest hits as launch DLC.
RHCP: Dani California doesn't show up in RB3 and there were rumors of GH:RHCP.
AC/DC: This one is pretty much a blind guess, but AC/DC is notoriously stingy with their licensing in music games and supposedly won't allow their songs to be sold outside of bundles (see: Rock Band AC/DC)

Archie said:
Metallica: Hasn't exported in a Rock Band game before, and there are rumors that Master of Puppets will be available as DLC in the near future.
Soundgarden: Black Hole Sun doesn't show up in RB3 and GH6 received Soundgarden's greatest hits as launch DLC.
RHCP: Dani California doesn't show up in RB3 and there were rumors of GH:RHCP.
AC/DC: This one is pretty much a blind guess, but AC/DC is notoriously stingy with their licensing in music games and supposedly won't allow their songs to be sold outside of bundles (see: Rock Band AC/DC)
All makes sense really. The important thing is that a vast majority of the music is importing though. The only one that makes me very sad is the lack of Soundgarden.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
navanman said:
I'm guessing this is based on the fact that people who have the game already and also own(ed) RB:AC/DC and exported it, are not seeing it showing up in RB3.

It all a bit of a mess really, you still need your Rock Band 2 disc on hand if you want to play those missing songs.
The ACDC live stuff shows up in 3. I remember seeing it on a stream. There's challenges for it and everything.

canadian crowe said:
Wait, does that mean my AC/DC track pack won't export to Rock Band 3?
Probably. I dont have the ACDC pack, so I cannot confirm, but from what Archie says it doesnt show for many people who got the game early. LAME.

Rodeo Clown said:
The ACDC live stuff shows up in 3. I remember seeing it on a stream.
You sure that wasnt from someone with the debug kit?

SuperPac

PhoncipleBone said:
After sitting here for an hour rating all the songs in my library, I noticed that you can delete individual songs from past games from your library. So even though the Lego stuff is one big file on the HDD, inside the game I can delete whatever songs I dont want.

I am afraid to because I dont know how to get the imported songs back. The DLC is easy, just redownload it. But imported stuff might be trickier. However, rating stuff with only one lighter means it will NEVER show up in random setlists again.

I like that a LOT. Goodbye "The Passenger"!

SuperPac said:
I like that a LOT. Goodbye "The Passenger"!
BAH! "The Passenger" is great. The only stuff I deleted was repeats, such as the Rush and CCR covers that came out before the official ones did. For the imported stuff that I don't like I am just rating it at 1 star so it doesnt show up in random.

Although once RB2 is imported "Visions" is on the kill list. No questions asked.

Ridley327

PhoncipleBone said:
Probably. I dont have the ACDC pack, so I cannot confirm, but from what Archie says it doesnt show for many people who got the game early. LAME.

You sure that wasnt from someone with the debug kit?
No, AC/DC Live shows up just fine; there's even challenges associated with it that are based on the original achievements that the game had.

Ridley327 said:
No, AC/DC Live shows up just fine; there's even challenges associated with it that are based on the original achievements that the game had.
Ah, cool. I was just going off of what Archie said. Or misreading it. I am debating about getting the AC/DC pack somewhere since it should be fairly cheap now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
AndyMoogle said:
Why would you want to play anything in Lego Rock Band?

EDIT: Seems like the Nordic release for this game isn't until the 28th...

because of the super easy mode and my kids like to play it.

Videogamesplus.ca shipped my RB3, so should be here next week.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
PhoncipleBone said:
Ah, cool. I was just going off of what Archie said. Or misreading it. I am debating about getting the AC/DC pack somewhere since it should be fairly cheap now.
I'm not super into AC/DC, but I enjoy a lot of the songs on there. I saw it on clearance at KMart for $5 the other day. It's worth at least that.

I still cannot find a happy way to have the cymbals configured on the drum controller. I want to keep them high enough so that I dont accidentally hit the cymbal instead of the pad, but if I raise the blue one too much then it blocks out the screen. URGH.

Perhaps just sit over to the side while playing drums then so I can see the screen?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
PhoncipleBone said:
I still cannot find a happy way to have the cymbals configured on the drum controller. I want to keep them high enough so that I dont accidentally hit the cymbal instead of the pad, but if I raise the blue one too much then it blocks out the screen. URGH.

Perhaps just sit over to the side while playing drums then so I can see the screen?

I'm thinking of setting mine up like Christopher Guanlao of the Silversun Pickups. :lol

2009+Points+West+Music+Arts+Festival+Day+3+DvOJO684xeHl.jpg

123rl

BreakyBoy said:
I'm thinking of setting mine up like Christopher Guanlao of the Silversun Pickups. :lol

2009+Points+West+Music+Arts+Festival+Day+3+DvOJO684xeHl.jpg

lol. I saw them when I went to watch Muse earlier this year. The first thing everyone said was wtf and why did he have it so high. He's an excellent drummer though so I can't criticise him

Oli

123rl said:
lol. I saw them when I went to watch Muse earlier this year. The first thing everyone said was wtf and why did he have it so high. He's an excellent drummer though so I can't criticise him

I love Silversun Pickups, they're my favorite band. And yeah, Christopher is a crazy [good] drummer.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Oli said:
I love Silversun Pickups, they're my favorite band. And yeah, Christopher is a crazy [good] drummer.

Would be awesome if they released Little Lover's so Polite or Three Seed.

Chris R

Finally bit the bullet and preordered on BestBuy. $10 reward zone points and day of pickup and I had a $5 certificate to use anyways. No keys bundle sucks but whatever im used to the abuse by now :(

hey bro's, planning on getting this but i still have my drums from rockband 1 and the yellow pad is kind of dented in/broken so i'm looking to buy some new drums but i don't see a new combined pack for rockband 3 which includes the keyboard and drums. i just see the special edition for the game/keyboard.

so i have these options:

1. buy standalone rockband 2 drums for xbox 360 which are like $80
2. buy the beatles rockband super special edition which comes with the game, guitar, mic, drums (from rockband 2 i assume) for $120
3. buy stand alone rockband 3 drums for $120 (which comes with the cymbals?)

what is my best option? how are the rockband 2 drums?

elektrixx

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
hey bro's, planning on getting this but i still have my drums from rockband 1 and the yellow pad is kind of dented in/broken so i'm looking to buy some new drums but i don't see a new combined pack for rockband 3 which includes the keyboard and drums. i just see the special edition for the game/keyboard.

so i have these options:

1. buy standalone rockband 2 drums for xbox 360 which are like $80
2. buy the beatles rockband super special edition which comes with the game, guitar, mic, drums (from rockband 2 i assume) for $120
3. buy stand alone rockband 3 drums for $120 (which comes with the cymbals?)

what is my best option? how are the rockband 2 drums?
Get the Rock Band 3 set. Get what you want clean and fresh without extra things you don't need/want.

Oli

Big Papa Husker said:
Does anyone know if there are any deals on the Game/Keyboard bundle? Just scanning Sunday's ads, all deals seem to be for the game only.

Dell.com has it for 100 bucks.

Top Bottom