• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Well I pre-ordered the game only for Tuesday. I'll probably just use the $10 Amazon credit to go toward the keyboard anyway, so it'll be about a wash.

I just found out that no bundles will be released in the Nordic countries. EA Nordic will only publish the standalone disc here.

So... Does anyone know a good place to import the keyboard bundle without it costing half a leg to ship it to Sweden? I want the PAL version, so from UK would be good now that the £ is pretty weak.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
AndyMoogle said:
I just found out that no bundles will be released in the Nordic countries. EA Nordic will only publish the standalone disc here.

So... Does anyone know a good place to import the keyboard bundle without it costing half a leg to ship it to Sweden? I want the PAL version, so from UK would be good now that the £ is pretty weak.

Amazon UK site is the place to go. They have the bundles and do free shipping to Norway (with order greater than £25, which RB3 bundle will be)
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5279

BigDug13

I guess people are really jaded towards this genre now. Game comes out in 2.5 days and the thread falls off main page.

I just hope I can get a hold of one of the mustang guitars on day one. I finally have a fun way to learn guitar.

BigDug13 said:
I guess people are really jaded towards this genre now. Game comes out in 2.5 days and the thread falls off main page.

I just hope I can get a hold of one of the mustang guitars on day one. I finally have a fun way to learn guitar.
I wouldn't say that. You just need to know the right place to look.

Pancho

Qurupancho
BigDug13 said:

Give it a few days, not many gaffers have the game yet.

Pancho said:
Give it a few days, not many gaffers have the game yet.
Yup. Once the game is out officially this will get into full swing. It wont be quite as crazy as the last thread, but it will be good.

Also keep in mind that we now have two discussions going on. This thread and then the DLC thread.

I really hope we get some clarity on the whole Soundgarden/RHCP issue, as well as what RB2 songs import. I'll be pretty jaded if Harmonix botches it.

Yeah. I'm looking through the set list and I don't see the "Visions" for this game. Hopefully they leave the blast/grindcore songs for DLC only.

Ridley327

AvidNobody said:
So what is the hardest track for Xdrums? Anybody got a chart?
Viacom has been swatting videos down pretty damn fast, but it's likely a toss-up between Llama (crazy-ass patterns) and 25 or 6 to 4 (utter ankle-breaking destruction). I Can See For Miles follows 25 or 6 to 4's example with all the bass pedal usage, but it's a tad more forgiving.

Drakken

When is the "actual" guitar that was shown off in the trailer supposed to be available? Since my main interest in this is for the Pro stuff, I might just hold off until that's released. Hopefully the game + keyboard/drums will be a bit cheaper by then.

Ridley327 said:
Viacom has been swatting videos down pretty damn fast, but it's likely a toss-up between Llama (crazy-ass patterns) and 25 or 6 to 4 (utter ankle-breaking destruction). I Can See For Miles follows 25 or 6 to 4's example with all the bass pedal usage, but it's a tad more forgiving.

I just watched a video of Llama on BNS, fuck that. I can't even comprehend what is happening when the chart is moving that fast.

Will look up 25 or 6 to 4

EDIT: Found regular speed versions of both. They look do-able, Llama will take time though. BNS blows, I don't ever remember it being THAT fast. I haven't used it in like a year though.

AvidNobody said:
I just watched a video of Llama on BNS, fuck that. I can't even comprehend what is happening when the chart is moving that fast.

Will look up 25 or 6 to 4
I see you have found your "Visions" for the game then. :D

PhoncipleBone said:
I see you have found your "Visions" for the game then. :D

It only looked so insane because of BNS. Patterns aren't too complex, hardest part about the track will be sporadic bass notes throughout it. Nothing like Visions, where it all comes down to physical endurance...

Ridley327

Visions is someone throwing up on the drums while the midst of an epileptic fit. This also describes the guitar and bass parts as well as how the vocals sound.

Ridley327 said:
Visions is someone throwing up on the drums while the midst of an epileptic fit. This also describes the guitar and bass parts as well as how the vocals sound.
And this sums up exactly why I will be deleting that song once I import RB2 into RB3. Fuck "Visions"

Chris R

PhoncipleBone said:
And this sums up exactly why I will be deleting that song once I import RB2 into RB3. Fuck "Visions"
Same here! :D (PS3 people can finally delete songs right?)

Actually I'll be deleting quite a few songs. Should probably go through and make my hit list before Tuesday.

Ridley327

rhfb said:
Same here! :D (PS3 people can finally delete songs right?)

Actually I'll be deleting quite a few songs. Should probably go through and make my hit list before Tuesday.
They should be able to, since it's an option in the More Details screen for each song.

Another thing that's kinda new: Wii owners will now be able to purchase song packs to get discounts on bulk DLC.

Visions Drum chart is actually very fun. All other instruments really blow.

Also, I have come to accept the fact that I will never be able to probably sync my TV. So fucking annoying.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Through RBN, I've actually learned a pair of interesting facts.

1) There is such a thing as good metalcore/extreme metal.
2) Visions is neither.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
One of the radio stations that I listen to on the way to school has been playing 25 or 6 to 4 constantly, it's like they know how bad I wanna play that song on guitar :mad:

koam

Sorry if this has been asked countless times but where can I get the keyboard in Canada? FS/BB don't seem like they'll have it. I refuse to shop at EB Games for personal reasons.

deadnoob

Does the MIDI box come out day one? I see it on Walmart for release on the 26th but amazon is showing that it wont release for another month.

deadnoob said:
Does the MIDI box come out day one? I see it on Walmart for release on the 26th but amazon is showing that it wont release for another month.
Later unfortunately.

Also, doing one of the road challenges where you have to deploy OD as much as possible. It freaked out while I was playing "Jukebox Hero." I deployed it about five times before it ever registered that I did it once, so I only got one star for the song. LAME. Thankfully, Those four missing stars were all I missed then entire challenge so I still got the gold award.

Looking for ideas for band members too. I have made Lord Humungous, Walter Bishop (as close as I can get), an Observer, and my normal girl Lola. Thinking of making multiple Observers and having an entire band of them just for a goof. Although, Lord Humungous is quite funny to watch among normal looking people.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I think I'll probably bite and get a copy of this relatively soon... I haven't played RB2 in forever, and never even finished single-player World Tour because it was so repetitive. The way they're doing "career" type stuff this time around seems like a big improvement, though.

Question regarding Pro Drums: I'm gonna buy the cymbals for my RB2 set, but adding a second pedal is just superficial, as double-kick and hi-hat are not charted (and only used for fills and such), correct?

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
vatstep said:
I think I'll probably bite and get a copy of this relatively soon... I haven't played RB2 in forever, and never even finished single-player World Tour because it was so repetitive. The way they're doing "career" type stuff this time around seems like a big improvement, though.

Question regarding Pro Drums: I'm gonna buy the cymbals for my RB2 set, but adding a second pedal is just superficial, as double-kick and hi-hat are not charted (and only used for fills and such), correct?

From the product listing:

Rock Band 3 MIDI Pro Adapter:

* Perfect blend of video game and real-world rocking
* Easily connects MIDI-compatible drums and keyboards
* Versatile clip for attaching to an instrument, waistband or use on tabletop
* Velocity sensitivity adjustment for drums
* Full-feature action buttons
* D-Pad for in-game navigation
* Overdrive activation button
* MIDI indicator LED
* Fixed 9.8' USB cable

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Dissapointed that none of the songs look like they'll be able to kick my ass on drums. Hopefully the pro mode makes me not give a shit. :lol

I'll probably have a bunch of songs I won't be able to beat on pro mode for a while.

Aspiring

BigBlackGamer said:
RBN songs have pro drums but EVERY hit is charted with cymbals except the snare. so it's not true pro drums. everything else does have pro drums.

Awesome, thanks for this. So would songs such as Asking Alexandria have Pro drums properly? And RB1/AC/DC has pro-drums?

Also thanks for the videos they are amazing. I just want to see the Road Challenges one but its been taken down.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed in the difficulty level, there has got to be at least ONE really, really intense song on drums.

And please dear god no more bodhisattva-type charts. Fuck that song.

Mileena

Banned
AvidNobody said:
Visions Drum chart is actually very fun. All other instruments really blow.

Also, I have come to accept the fact that I will never be able to probably sync my TV. So fucking annoying.
Visions guitar and bass are pretty fun. It's just the vocals that are terrible, plus the actual song.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Aspiring said:
Awesome, thanks for this. So would songs such as Asking Alexandria have Pro drums properly? And RB1/AC/DC has pro-drums?

Also thanks for the videos they are amazing. I just want to see the Road Challenges one but its been taken down.

This thread has the full list of known good Pro drums songs. Asking Alexandria is Pro accurate.

Ridley327

Aspiring said:

Yep, even the RB1 tracks have proper Pro drum charting.

Pancho

Qurupancho
I've got a perhaps, silly question:

With what hand should you play the keys? Left or right? I'm left-handed but I play the guitar right-handed. Does it matter if you play the keys with your right hand or left hand?

Aspiring

Charron said:
This thread has the full list of known good Pro drums songs. Asking Alexandria is Pro accurate.

Wow that is amazing, thank you so much for this, you have made my day :D

Ridley327 said:
Yep, even the RB1 tracks have proper Pro drum charting.

And you made it EVEN better. Thank you so much guys!

HMX is just so full of win.

Pancho said:
With what hand should you play the keys? Left or right? I'm left-handed but I play the guitar right-handed. Does it matter if you play the keys with your right hand or left hand?

Technically you're playing the right-handed part on the keyboard anyway. This matters especially when playing arpeggiated chords where you have to stretch your thumb (on your right hand) down to a key.

Also left hand is pretty much used for the touch pad/overdrive button.

Really it comes down to the fact that there is no such thing as piano for left-handed or right-handed people.

DuckRacer

AvidNobody said:
Yeah, I'm a little disappointed in the difficulty level, there has got to be at least ONE really, really intense song on drums.

And please dear god no more bodhisattva-type charts. Fuck that song.
RB3 looks like a keyboard game more than anything tbh; after watching Npeaen's videos the game looks worse than even GH5 on guitar. Ah well.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Affeinvasion said:
Technically you're playing the right-handed part on the keyboard anyway. This matters especially when playing arpeggiated chords where you have to stretch your thumb (on your right hand) down to a key.

Also left hand is pretty much used for the touch pad/overdrive button.

Really it comes down to the fact that there is no such thing as piano for left-handed or right-handed people.

That's what I wanted to know.

Cause I know that the peripheral is, more or less, half a full keyboard I was just wondering if it was the right side or left side

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Pancho said:
That's what I wanted to know.

Cause I know that the peripheral is, more or less, half a full keyboard I was just wondering if it was the right side or left side

Actually its a 1/4th of a full keyboard.

Top Bottom