• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

AdamMPSP

Anybody going to try and go to a midnight launch in the US? I haven't pre-ordered or anything, but the Gamestops around me are all open for midnight launches of Fable 3 and Star Wars 2, and I called ahead and a Gamestop employee said I should be able to buy at midnight anything that releases tomorrow, including Rock Band 3. That said, I don't know if I should trust a random Gamestop employee.

Thoughts?

woodypop

AdamMPSP said:
Anybody going to try and go to a midnight launch in the US? I haven't pre-ordered or anything, but the Gamestops around me are all open for midnight launches of Fable 3 and Star Wars 2, and I called ahead and a Gamestop employee said I should be able to buy at midnight anything that releases tomorrow, including Rock Band 3. That said, I don't know if I should trust a random Gamestop employee.

Thoughts?
My Gamestop said they would be selling Rock Band 3 during the Fable III midnight launch, too.

kodt

Banned
AdamMPSP said:

Thoughts?

Yeah, I think you can buy anything you want.

Shiv47

AdamMPSP said:

Thoughts?

I received a text from Gamestop telling me my pre-order of Rock Band 3 would be available to pick up at 12:01 AM at my local store.

Animator

Has anyone found anyplace selling the drum interface thing that lets you connect your electronic drums as a controller? (in my case a td-9)

edit: in Canada

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Ridley327 said:
That's correct; the three free songs (well, free for this week) are the only ones with Pro guitar/bass charting.

what about the pre order bonus songs from Gamestop?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
robotzombie said:
Anyone find the cymbals at best buy? Or do I have to go get them at gamestop?
The BBs around me have absolutely no RB stuff on the shelves. Maybe it'll all be put out tomorrow, though. I just bought mine at Gamestop.

Ridley327

levious said:
what about the pre order bonus songs from Gamestop?
No one knows until they start getting downloaded. Keys/Pro keys are a given, but the only one of those songs that stands to benefit from Pro guitar/bass is My Own Summer.

For those that keep asking a ton of questions:

Available at launch:

Keyboard bundle (except PS3 for some reason, have to buy separate)
Game only
Keyboard
Pro Drums
Fender Strat controllers
Pro Cymbals
Keyboard Stand
Mics
Overdrive pedal

Launching November:
Pro Guitar (Mustang)
MIDI adapter

Sometime 2011:
Real Guitar for pro mode

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
PhoncipleBone said:
For those that keep asking a ton of questions:

Available at launch:

Keyboard bundle (except PS3 for some reason, have to buy separate)
Game only
Keyboard
Pro Drums
Fender Strat controllers
Pro Cymbals
Keyboard Stand
Mics
Overdrive pedal

Launching November:
Pro Guitar (Mustang)
MIDI adapter

Sometime 2011:
Real Guitar for pro mode

This really isn't that clear cut. Mine and a number of other people's orders still seem to be shipping tomorrow. At this point it looks more like a low number of initial units leading to a gap before a second shipment, rather than a delay.

bounchfx

ugh. there's so much DLC i want, but it's so expensive because there's so much. I think I'm going to pick up a 50$ MS Point card when I pick up the game tonight. this is ridiculous.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Daigoro said:
it says the Doors would kick off the RB3 content on the 22nd? is it out already?

Naw. It said, on the 22nd, that the Doors would kick off the RB3 content. Tracks come out tomorrow.

I'm 50/50 on the midnight launch, if I do it I'd pretty much have to come home and go right to bed for classes the next day, but at least I could pull it off if I wanna. Meh, I'll see how I feel around 11:00 tonight.

Emerson said:
This really isn't that clear cut. Mine and a number of other people's orders still seem to be shipping tomorrow. At this point it looks more like a low number of initial units leading to a gap before a second shipment, rather than a delay.
Let us know when it actually ships, because I am curious if they are floating out there. Everything I see points to November.

levious

Ridley327 said:
No one knows until they start getting downloaded. Keys/Pro keys are a given, but the only one of those songs that stands to benefit from Pro guitar/bass is My Own Summer.

I don't understand, why wouldn't any song benefit from pro guitar/bass?

levious said:
"Imagine" would not benefit from pro guitar, since there is no guitar in it.:D

Of the Gamestop songs the one I am the most excited for is "Blue Monday," just because it means more New Order on the way.

Ridley327

levious said:
They've already stated that Pro guitar/bass charts won't be available for every song and that's the only one that could feasibly qualify. I can't imagine a synth-driven song like Blue Monday fitting that bill.

AdamMPSP

I rarely pre-order at gamestop, but is it too late to preorder today and get the dlc tracks when I pick up the game at midnight? Or am I out of luck?

Hop

Ridley327 said:
They've already stated that Pro guitar/bass charts won't be available for every song and that's the only one that could feasibly qualify. I can't imagine a synth-driven song like Blue Monday fitting that bill.

Or a bare-bones three-chord song like Burning Down the House. Hell, when I tried to learn guitar it was using that song.

levious

what's wrong with a simple song getting pro guitar treatment? Or do you mean it wouldn't be fair to charge the $1 premium for a simple song? I guess that makes sense.

Hop

levious said:
what's wrong with a simple song getting pro guitar treatment? Or do you mean it wouldn't be fair to charge the $1 premium for a simple song? I guess that makes sense.

There's just less incentive. Authoring Pro Guitar is supposedly really tough, so they'll probably limit it to unique or complex songs, the stuff they know people will want to learn.

levious said:

They've already said they're going to be selective about which songs get the pro--guitar/bass treatment, so I think the underlying assumption is that there should be something worth charting down to that level of detail in the song.

Rock Band site is down, new site should be up any moment.

Hopefully info about the export and MIDI instrument compatibility will be present on the new site.

drmcclin said:
Rock Band site is down, new site should be up any moment.

Hopefully info about the export and MIDI instrument compatibility will be present on the new site.
Twitter feed says the site should go live tomorrow. Hopefully sooner than that though.

woxel1

Unless I'm going crazy, that Twitter also says that John Lennon's "Imagine" album will be getting full DLC treatment. Was this already announced?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
AdamMPSP said:
I rarely pre-order at gamestop, but is it too late to preorder today and get the dlc tracks when I pick up the game at midnight? Or am I out of luck?
Well, the game "officially" releases tomorrow so I think you may still have luck! You should call them and ask before going.

Slacker said:
I preordered at Gamestop on Friday and didn't see anything about bonus tracks. Did I miss something?
They should give them to you when you pick the game up tomorrow. You might have to ask, but they have them.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Slacker said:
I preordered at Gamestop on Friday and didn't see anything about bonus tracks. Did I miss something?
It will most likely be printed on the receipt with the redeem code. When you go pick it up, make sure to check your receipt for the code. If the receipt doesn't have anything, tell the GameStop employees you had pre-ordered it and they will print it out for you.

So one day before release and we're still in the dark as to how Rock Band 2's song export works, right?

I bought a copy of RB2 brand new back on it's release day. Then I redeemed the 20 song code on RockBand.com way back when too. I stupidly traded in my copy of RB2 towards Halo Reach. So I just re-bought used, complete, copy of RB2 from Amazon.com

Am I screwed on buying a DLC code to export the RB2 songs?

stupidly, no one knows yet.

At this point, it's almost guaranteed that there will be some major bad news associated with this export, why else would they hold back for so long?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I find it so hilarious Harmonix hasn't releases export news yet. So ridiculous. :lol

That tweet that was posted here mentioned that they'll have the news before the new site is launched.

Oli

Rewrite said:
I find it so hilarious Harmonix hasn't releases export news yet. So ridiculous. :lol

That tweet that was posted here mentioned that they'll have the news before the new site is launched.

It must be rough news, otherwise you'd think they'd be geared to say it.

Rewrite said:

Yeah but the new site hasn't launched yet and they said they'll do it via Facebook and Twitter if they don't post the export details before the old site's taken down. So, technically, it's still true.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
drmcclin said:
stupidly, no one knows yet.

At this point, it's almost guaranteed that there will be some major bad news associated with this export, why else would they hold back for so long?
Jeff (of giantbomb.com) said he wanted to import this Rockband2 songlist to the game but couldn't do it, because the Rockband3 servers weren't up yet for that.

So, obviously, the option is there. I'm guessing we'll just have to pay a fee and transfer the Rockband 2 songs into Rockband 3, like every other time.

What kind of worries me a bit is what about everything else I have already transfered and paid for it to Rockband2? (The extra song pack, Lego Rockband, Rockband 1 stuff)... Will I have to pay it again for them?

I have said it many times before, but after playing a bunch more on pro drums, there is no going back. It is so much better than just the regular four pads. And Roundabout was not quite as beastly as I thought it would be. Of course, I am playing on hard and not expert. I know I wont be able to pass on expert.

And I do not see an option for importing RB2 yet. I put in my copy of RB2 to see if it updated like they did with RB1 for the export, but still nothing yet.

ultron87

drizzle said:
What kind of worries me a bit is what about everything else I have already transfered and paid for it to Rockband2? (The extra song pack, Lego Rockband, Rockband 1 stuff)... Will I have to pay it again for them?

Since it all becomes the same as DLC once you export it shouldn't be an issue.

I am trying to think up horrible export news scenarios, I think the worst I could come up with was "The only song you'll be able to transfer is Visions by Abnormality" :lol That'd be worse than not being able to transfer anything.

I would really hate to lose any Soundgarden or RHCP songs, they are 2 good bands.
I didn't really care about any of the lost RB1 songs, save for "Enter Sandman" (even though that song is overplayed to death).

Also, I would really love some Radiohead DLC.

fernoca

ultron87 said:
Since it all becomes the same as DLC once you export it shouldn't be an issue.

I am trying to think up horrible export news scenarios, I think the worst I could come up with was "The only song you'll be able to transfer is Visions by Abnormality" :lol That'd be worse than not being able to transfer anything.
If that was the case, they may need to pay us for the export. :p

Just came back from Gamestop and found out that anyone who preordered the ps3 keyboard bundle before it was canceled will receive the game and keyboard separately at the bundle price.

Pretty cool I guess.

AdamMPSP

Just went to Gamestop and pre-ordered RB3 with the keyboard so that I can pick it up tonight at midnight. They said I'll still get the three free dlc tracks, so that's good. The Gamestop employee was unusually friendly, and we talked about how he would be coming back at midnight to pick up a copy of Fable 3. He didn't even ask me to pre-order anything else, just asking the default, "Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

I usually hate Gamestop, but this was such a great experience. We'll see how tonight goes, though.

jambo

Only played a few songs last night (<3 Yes - Roundabout) but it's a lot of fun. Have to wait till the 31st to get a Pro guitar so just using my RB1/GH guitars for now. Imported all my RB1 songs too, so the playlist is MASSIVE! Can't imagine it with RB2 songs (RB2 still hasn't come out in Aus =[)

jambo said:
Only played a few songs last night (<3 Yes - Roundabout) but it's a lot of fun. Have to wait till the 31st to get a Pro guitar so just using my RB1/GH guitars for now. Imported all my RB1 songs too, so the playlist is MASSIVE! Can't imagine it with RB2 songs (RB2 still hasn't come out in Aus =[)
You should import it from one of the European retailers. But yeah, EA completely screwed the PAL region out of RB2 (and vice versa). Still practically impossible to find a copy in stores, is super super limited.

Top Bottom