• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Shaneus

Zeouterlimits said:
You should import it from one of the European retailers. But yeah, EA completely screwed the PAL region out of RB2 (and vice versa). Still practically impossible to find a copy in stores, is super super limited.
I didn't think it came out at all? I ended up importing it, never once regretted it. More than happy to lend it to someone in AU after RB3 comes out here if you want to do an import.

Q: If I've already imported the RB1 tracks into RB2, do I need to import them again for RB3 or are they already seen as DLC?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Shaneus said:
Q: If I've already imported the RB1 tracks into RB2, do I need to import them again for RB3 or are they already seen as DLC?
They're saved onto your hard drive so I don't think you'd need to pay an extra fee again to use them in Rock Band 3 (I didn't).

Also, Rock Band 2 never came out in Australia? Wtf?

Shaneus said:
I didn't think it came out at all? I ended up importing it, never once regretted it. More than happy to lend it to someone in AU after RB3 comes out here if you want to do an import.
It did, but stores (here in Ireland anyway) got single units, it was absolutely crazy.

jambo

Shaneus said:
Might PM you about that at some point =]

AdamMPSP

Oh, you know, just listening to the RB3 track list while I work, in anticipation of tonight's midnight release. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

AdamMPSP said:
Oh, you know, just listening to the RB3 track list while I work, in anticipation of tonight's midnight release. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
Giving my arms a rest after playing lots of pro drums this afternoon. :D Tonight after Chuck and Castle it is time for some keyboard loving.

KaYotiX

Banned
Can't wait for tonight to play this!!

Oh and I'll say it again since it stopped me from doing the endless setlist today in RB 2..... FUCK VISIONS!! God what a shit fuck crap ass song, after 5 hrs I got to it only to say fuck it an turn of my xbox. I tried for 45 mins to pass it on HARD Bass.... What a shitty song.

KaYotiX said:
Can't wait for tonight to play this!!

Oh and I'll say it again since it stopped me from doing the endless setlist today in RB 2..... FUCK VISIONS!! God what a shit fuck crap ass song, after 5 hrs I got to it only to say fuck it an turn of my xbox. I tried for 45 mins to pass it on HARD Bass.... What a shitty song.
I have not tried the endless setlist in RB3 yet, but so far there are no songs that terrify me like Visions did. Even the Phish song is manageable on HARD.

KaYotiX

Banned
I figured I could pass visions on Hard but nope.... I can pass every song in the game on Expert bass/guitar but Visions I can't even do on Hard. I was so pissed lol. I just wanted to give RB2 a solid goin out before I never touch it again AND I wanted the endless setlist achievement.

With RB3 we can change difficulties whenever so I dont think I'll be too worried. Damn I'm pumped up to play it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I just realized that I never downloaded the 20 free RB2 songs, so I just went and previewed them all on YouTube. Wow — this is some of the worst shit I've ever heard. No wonder they were free...

/end two-year-late rant

AdamMPSP

vatstep said:
I just realized that I never downloaded the 20 free RB2 songs, so I just went and previewed them all on YouTube. Wow — this is some of the worst shit I've ever heard. No wonder they were free...

/end two-year-late rant

At the time there wasn't as much DLC, so new songs for free were pretty awesome, even if they are all unknown to me. That said, with what my current Rock Band library is now, I can see where you're coming from.

bounchfx

vatstep said:

/end two-year-late rant

funny, because they're some of the funnest songs in the game. and most of them are just great songs in general

/sorry you have no taste

/opinions lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
vatstep said:

/end two-year-late rant
Prequel To The Sequel alone makes it worth the download. Plus in RB3 you can rate all the others 1 lighter or whatever so you never see them again.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
vatstep said:

/end two-year-late rant
:lol There's a few tracks that are good from that pack, though.

Prequel to the Sequel, Like A Fool, The Feeling, I'm Gone I'm Going, Get It On, and some other one I'm forgetting.

If you hate Like A Fool, you have no soul. That song is such a blast to play. Favorite song out of the pack.

butter_stick said:
Database Corrupted is the bestest.
:lol

butter_stick said:
Not really. Harmonix are creating a generation of pussies :(
Go cry somewhere else.

The ability to change on the fly when you hit a wall on the game is quite nice, then you can eventually work your way up to the harder difficulties.

Ridley327 said:
And to be fair, Harmonix does chart all five frets on lower difficulties now.
That I didn't know. Nice lil addition.

And to those that missed it a while ago: there is an option to have each lane move at individual speeds. You just need to enable it on the options menu.

PhoncipleBone said:
Go cry somewhere else.

The ability to change on the fly when you hit a wall on the game is quite nice, then you can eventually work your way up to the harder difficulties.
Real games do fine without a baby mode you can turn on when you're slightly challenged.

Ridley327

Or, in my case, often host quite a few people who are kinda terrible at the game but don't like failing out.

But by all means, continue ranting over an inconsequential feature for hardcore players!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Ridley327 said:
Or, in my case, often host quite a few people who are kinda terrible at the game but don't like failing out.

But by all means, continue ranting over an inconsequential feature for hardcore players!
No Fail mode is still there. ;) Why don't they like failing out? I laugh every time I fail out of an expert song. They should laugh too!

koam

I asked earlier but got no reply, any idea where to get the keyboard in canada?

Real games do fine without a baby mode you can turn on when you're slightly challenged.
Contra_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

Ridley327 said:

Raising a generation of people that fail on medium is everyone's problem.

Luigison

According to Amazon (I'm a Prime member):

"Shipping Soon
Delivery Estimate: October 26, 2010"

Anyone else getting this? If I understood correctly I'd get it (and TS3) on the launch day with Prime.

Also, why isn't the keyboard and/or the guitar bundled for PS3?

Luigison said:

"Shipping Soon

Anyone else getting this? If I understood correctly I'd get it (and TS3) on the launch day with Prime.

The most logical reason is that the box didn't pass SCEA certification. This isn't fact though.

AdamMPSP

butter_stick said:
Raising a generation of people that fail on medium is everyone's problem.

Did they take out Expert mode? They didn't? Wait, you're saying not only did they leave in Expert mode, but they also added a whole other difficulty tier with Pro mode? And we're complaining because people who aren't looking for the hardest challenge ever can make things easier so that they can still have fun?

It would appear to me as if Rock Band 3 makes rhythm games more fun FOR EVERYONE and that can't be a bad thing. And based on how badly this old-school, hardcore gamer does when he loads up MW2 nowadays, I'd say that modern games aren't taking the challenge out, but that the challenge is just presented in new ways, cause I'm effin' useless against those kids online, you guys.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
koam said:
I asked earlier but got no reply, any idea where to get the keyboard in canada?
Sorry, I can't help you there. :( Hopefully someone answers your question.

Ridley327

butter_stick said:
There's a reason most games don't have a God mode cheat you can activate at will.
Your score on the leaderboards will still suck even if you have it on, so why do you care so much?

Luigison

Rewrite said:
Sorry, I can't help you there. :( Hopefully someone answers your question.
I got a small chuckle from the reposting of someones questions and your name. Thanks. (Also thanks for trying to help someone in Canada. Poor guys get shafted nearly as much as the EU.)

Ridley327 said:
Your score on the leaderboards will still suck even if you have it on, so why do you care so much?
I think failing in these games is the best way to get better. It's why DJ Hero is stupid for always having no fail on. It's a pussy mode. Sorry for not thinking it's a good thing to accommodate for stupid children and mothers :(

Pancho

Qurupancho
SLOWEST

DAY

EVER!!!

It's like the night before Christmas when I was a kid. I haven't been this hyped for a game in quite a while.

Ridley327 said:
Yup. No fail on expert mode means that a person merely finishes the song. Their score is in the toilet, but they made it through it for fun.

I turn on no fail mode when I have parties, mainly because some people just dont play enough to do well on the game, and all they want is to have some fun.

Butter_stick said:
I think failing in these games is the best way to get better. It's why DJ Hero is stupid for always having no fail on. It's a pussy mode. Sorry for not thinking it's a good thing to accommodate for stupid children and mothers :(
Thank you for your insightful input. It is nice to know you can contribute something to here. Usually bullshit trolling and bad taste in music.

Gamestop just emailed me my code for the 3 free songs for he PS3 version and to let me know they shipped RB! I tried to redeem it but it wont let me yet. :-( Can't wait for the UPS guy to deliver RB3 tomorrow!

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
PhoncipleBone said:
More likely to be under RBN stuff.

Get on that Charron. :D

RockGamer already got Anamanaguchi (though nothing from the game, just a random song), and you really think I can talk to Beck? Bitch, please.

Charron said:
RockGamer already got Anamanaguchi (though nothing from the game, just a random song), and you really think I can talk to Beck? Bitch, please.
I was thinking more of the Nigel stuff. :D

The Scott Pilgrim music seems more something that would fit into RBN honestly.

Speaking of which, is RBN up and running again?

vermadas

Luigison said:

"Shipping Soon

I have Prime and have had the keyboard bundle pre-ordered since July 7. My order also says Shipping Soon but a delivery estimate of 10/29 :(. Maybe the bundle isn't eligible for release day shipping. Still, I would hope it gets here sooner than Friday.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
PhoncipleBone said:
I was thinking more of the Nigel stuff. :D

The Scott Pilgrim music seems more something that would fit into RBN honestly.

Speaking of which, is RBN up and running again?

This is the problem with multiple soundtracks. :p

I don't know what's up with the Orc (the RBN server) right now. The hard drive clog is cleared up, but some approved songs still don't have links, and since RockBand.com as a whole was taken down I can't check up on anything.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
vermadas said:
I have Prime and have had the keyboard bundle pre-ordered since July 7. My order also says Shipping Soon but a delivery estimate of 10/29 :(. Maybe the bundle isn't eligible for release day shipping. Still, I would hope it gets here sooner than Friday.

It isn't. That's why I switched mine from the bundle to buying them individually. And now I'll have both the game and keyboard tomorrow anyway. I hope yours doesn't take that long though.

I pre-ordered my copy from Gamestop online and just got an email with the code to download the 3 songs. The code seems too short to work on the Xbox Marketplace, so I assume it has to be entered into the game itself.

Top Bottom