• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Has anyone who got the Lego Rock Band code yesterday tried to use it? I have no idea how to export the songs. I have lego rock band and I downloaded the export key but it still asks me to pay the $9.99.

Raistlin

itsnervedamage said:
I can't wait for the Squire. $200 - $300 is a really awkward price point for a guitar

$200 would be really awkward in that the guitar would necessarily be a complete piece of shit. $300 is nearing the minimum.

If it's cheaper, I'll be less inclined to purchase it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm disappointed that it doesn't come with the midi box... so I'm expecting this thing to cost 400 dollars when all is said and done.

Raistlin

Charron said:
Okay, I've held off posting this until things died down slightly.

GameStop goofed, and they gave me both a 360 code and a PS3 code for the pre-order bonus tracks. So if you want those three songs on PS3, you can have it.

But. I want TF2 items. So anyone who wants it can PM, but priority will go to anyone who can offer a Vita-Saw and/or Bushwhacka and/or some awesome hat. (I won't take it for nothing, I'll send a lesser item as well as the code.)

PM sent ... in the event no TF2 items are forthcoming :)

Messi

Raistlin said:
PM sent ... in the event no TF2 items are forthcoming :)

Hats man! Everyone loves hats.

This just occurred to me. Why are u2 not in any of these games? They cant possibly be holding out for there own game better bands are already in the game :). I assume bono is just an asswipe

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
navanman said:
Err, the back of my PS3 RB2 manual is a 12 digit code.
So when I get the game on Friday should I enter this 12 digit code into "Redeem Code" in Rock Band 3.
Oh no. You have to enter that 12 digit number from the Rock Band 2 manual on the export page in the Rock Band site. Once you enter it, the site will give you the code where you'll enter it in the redeem section in Rock Band 3.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
criesofthepast said:
Has anyone who got the Lego Rock Band code yesterday tried to use it? I have no idea how to export the songs. I have lego rock band and I downloaded the export key but it still asks me to pay the $9.99.

you still have to pay the $9.99. The export is just to prove you have the original game.

Navanman, you have a PAL copy? My US copy has a 16 digit code.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Rewrite said:
Oh no. You have to enter that 12 digit number from the Rock Band 2 manual on the export page in the Rock Band site. Once you enter it, the site will give you the code where you'll enter it in the redeem section in Rock Band 3.

The PS3 export site is looking for a 16 digit code, which must be for US PS3 copies.
PAL PS3 RB2 codes are 12 digits.
Looks like I'll get onto EA support, its was linked to earlier.

mrklaw said:
you still have to pay the $9.99. The export is just to prove you have the original game.

Navanman, you have a PAL copy? My US copy has a 16 digit code.
Fuck. A gaffer yesterday said I'd only have to rent it and the code I got yesterday was the $10 key. So that export key yesterday was only to prove you have a new copy. Gotcha. Well, rental fee + $10 = $15 on a game I didn't even want to begin with. Oh well.

:\

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Oh I wasn't aware that the PAL copies were different. Sorry. EA support seems like your best bet.

Those are hammer-on/pull off sections where you don't have to restrum to start doing HO/POs if you miss a note. Such a great feature

I read on the RB forums that those are trills, and you're supposed to just strum like hell while the holding the button they're showing you in those sections.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
navanman said:
The PS3 export site is looking for a 16 digit code, which must be for US PS3 copies.
PAL PS3 RB2 codes are 12 digits.
Looks like I'll get onto EA support, its was linked to earlier.

http://twitter.com/#!/RockBand/status/28928090508

Hey Euro #RB3 Players! Use the first 16 characters of your RB2 Free DLC code to export RB2 to RB3! More export info: http://bit.ly/9pzTqv

navanman

Rewrite said:
Oh I wasn't aware that the PAL copies were different. Sorry. EA support seems like your best bet.

OK PAL PS3 Rock Band fans (the tiny amount of them that there are).
New site for PS3 PAL & International export

http://www.rockband.com/ps3-export/intl

Charron's above post is for PAL and International 360 users.

Maybe DuckRacer can update the OP with this information.

Raistlin said:
$200 would be really awkward in that the guitar would necessarily be a complete piece of shit. $300 is nearing the minimum.

If it's cheaper, I'll be less inclined to purchase it.

Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. Really expensive for a peripheral, but way up in the "my first guitar" for a guitar.

Duh...now that I type it out, I guess it actually makes sense. Just not for me :p.

Chris R

drmcclin said:
I read on the RB forums that those are trills, and you're supposed to just strum like hell while the holding the button they're showing you in those sections.
Maybe that is true. Like I said, my reply was what I experienced from those bits in the songs I found them in. If someone could test both theories out it would be great :D

I'm still at work for the next 3+ hours and then there is the drive home so I don't get to play for quite some time :(

Raistlin

Messi said:
Hats man! Everyone loves hats.

This just occurred to me. Why are u2 not in any of these games? They cant possibly be holding out for there own game better bands are already in the game :). I assume bono is just an asswipe

Oh ... they most definitely are holding out. They are (financially) one of the most successful bands of all time. The amount their tours make is OBSCENE.

Ridley327

woodypop said:
Out of curiosity, is there any sort of penalty (e.g., banning) for having an inappropriate band name?
Nothing outside of it not being saved on the servers (it's listed as *Your Username*'s Band instead).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
woodypop said:
Out of curiosity, is there any sort of penalty (e.g., banning) for having an inappropriate band name?

you should get a bonus for superior innuendo. How inappropriate can you get *without* getting your name censored?

Wessiej

woodypop said:
What's your idea :lol?

Can't wait for this game, getting it tomorrow.

The Sexy Muchacho's are getting back together for the third time!

Shaneus

I'm looking at buying this soon... am I under the right impression that song exporting from RB2 is working for 360 in PAL-land? I'm also thinking of buying LEGO RB and exporting, too... it's only $15 new here in Australia :lol

LaneDS

So I'm wondering, with the PS3 versions always seemingly being somehow not as good as the 360 ones, should I switch over to the 360 with RB3? I have a lot of DLC for the PS3, and RB1, 2, and Beatles, but with the new pro layouts and some (all?) RB3 DLC not working with previous versions, I'm wondering if I should just effectively start over on the 360.

Any opinions on that GAF?

Okay, so I just bought the RB3 pro cymbal set and I was wondering how I set it up if I'm a Lefty...

Do I simply plug the "green cymbal" into where it should go, but attach it on the left side by where the red pad is? And then the other two would stay the way they are?

navanman

LaneDS said:
So I'm wondering, with the PS3 versions always seemingly being somehow not as good as the 360 ones, should I switch over to the 360 with RB3? I have a lot of DLC for the PS3, and RB1, 2, and Beatles, but with the new pro layouts and some (all?) RB3 DLC not working with previous versions, I'm wondering if I should just effectively start over on the 360.

Not if you are starting all over again.
Its too early to tell how the PS3 version is comparing to 360 version this time.
We got MOTD this time around, so thats something

robotzombie said:
Okay, so I just bought the RB3 pro cymbal set and I was wondering how I set it up if I'm a Lefty...

Do I simply plug the "green cymbal" into where it should go, but attach it on the left side by where the red pad is? And then the other two would stay the way they are?
The instructions should tell you. I cant remember how to plug it, but changing the color caps is easy.

PhoncipleBone said:
The instructions should tell you. I cant remember how to plug it, but changing the color caps is easy.

The instructions don't seem all that great...Another question, the big "made in china" section on the bottom of the cymbal itself (where the wire is coming from), is that supposed to be pointing towards you? As in, if you hit the cymbal, you would be hitting right above that section?

Raistlin

LaneDS said:

What has been inferior in that past? Lower resolution? I can't imagine anyone really cares for rockband.

Personally, I think it would be silly to start over. You won't get crap for your instruments, and obviously nothing for your DLC. Seriously, I'm not sure where you're coming from
confused.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hellsing321 said:
Is the export feature for 360 not working for any one else? I go to Redeem code and put it in but its says to try again later.

It's either too busy or you might have redeemed it already. Check the "redeemed codes" option as well and my RB2 download was there.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Maybe the reason his export isn't working is because he's not connected to the Rock Band servers?

robotzombie said:
The instructions don't seem all that great...Another question, the big "made in china" section on the bottom of the cymbal itself (where the wire is coming from), is that supposed to be pointing towards you? As in, if you hit the cymbal, you would be hitting right above that section?
Yup. Once you put them on the posts it becomes apparent which way faces forward.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
fernoca said:
So I take it, you can't link the game to the site, yet? Or is just my computer?

Nope, not yet. Page isn't up.

(~15 minutes to claim the code before Raistlin gets it.)

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'll be getting off of GAF for the night in a few minutes. Before I do, just wanted to say that I'm willing to answer any questions people have about the Mustang tomorrow afternoon or evening when I've had a chance with it. I dunno how much demand there is for it but I figured I'd offer. Haven't noticed anyone else here has the guitar but I could be wrong. So if you have a question about anything ask it and I'll go through them tomorrow.

Emerson said:
I'll be getting off of GAF for the night in a few minutes. Before I do, just wanted to say that I'm willing to answer any questions people have about the Mustang tomorrow afternoon or evening when I've had a chance with it. I dunno how much demand there is for it but I figured I'd offer. Haven't noticed anyone else here has the guitar but I could be wrong. So if you have a question about anything ask it and I'll go through them tomorrow.
I am just in shock that you even got one. I thought the damn thing was delayed. I must not go out and find one and spend the money...I must not...

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
All I did was order it on Amazon and they shipped it. Like I said before, I really think it's a matter of low stock rather than delay.

green_focus

Just got on the other side of Harmonix tech support. they were truly awesome in helping me get my export tokens. They fixed things super quick IMHO.

fernoca

Darn, disappointing what's going around with their site-related stuff. Their code redemption problems, the site not working properly, not being able to link the game yet.

If anything, I hope it was becauase they expected less people trying to access the site.

By the way, anyone knows if there's some site outthere that sells Rock Band-related stuff. like stickers? I'm looking for a sticker with the Rock Band logo and another one with the guitar-circle logo. But nothing on eBay as far as I know and Google brings just random stickers.

I'm using the GH5 guitar and for a few months there was a dent on the faceplate. So I ordered a decal/sticker which looks nice, but the dent is still visible so I want to put a sticker over it. :lol

Emerson said:
All I did was order it on Amazon and they shipped it. Like I said before, I really think it's a matter of low stock rather than delay.
Yet all Amazon and any site shows is that it is available on November 16th. I am genuinely curious as to the build and buttons. Pics and impressions once it is opened.

Raistlin

Charron said:
The tilde means "approximately", as in "I need to get home first". But yea, code get.

fuckyeah.gif

Thanks man, that really makes my week.

I'm stuck on a business trip and won't be home until Saturday night. Then I have to leave super early Monday to come back here.

This makes me extra excited to tear into my RB3 copy when I get home!!! :D

Messi

:( It seems you can no longer make pictures of your band on rockband.com anymore. Someone say it aint so! I loved that feature.

Everything is exported and installed, did a guitar/vocals run-through with The Killing Moon, Blue Monday, Just Like Heaven, 20th Century Boy, Freebird and Low Rider.

ROCK.

Messi said:
:( It seems you can no longer make pictures of your band on rockband.com anymore. Someone say it aint so! I loved that feature.
Perhaps once you link up the game with the site. I too want a picture of my band: Olivia & The Observers!

Messi

PhoncipleBone said:
Perhaps once you link up the game with the site. I too want a picture of my band: Olivia & The Observers!

Seems even the support for rock band 2 characters is gone. This might be my first rock band bummer if its gone. :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I wouldn't count the whole taking pictures of your band out of service just yet. The way it worked in Rock Band 2 was when you had linked you account.

Top Bottom