• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Javaman

Is there any way to keep the songs from showing up that aren't owned by everyone in the band? It's getting annoying as shit scrolling through a bunch of nonselectable songs when someone online is missing it. Why not just list the songs you can actually play?

Messi

Rewrite said:
I wouldn't count the whole taking pictures of your band out of service just yet. The way it worked in Rock Band 2 was when you had linked you account.

This seems like it could be true, crossing my fingers on that one.

They sure seem like they're down. My friend and I are sending invites to each other, but when we accept the invite, the joining session fails.

Shaneus

Stackboy said:
Think the servers are down at the moment. Hoping the 12 character fix for us in PAL land works.
What did you pay for it (assuming you're Australian)? I can't be bothered importing but I also don't want to pay near-full price, either :/

PS. If you are Aussie, get your arse over to the AusGAF thread.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
The RB3 cymbal pack is a lot better though. They don't double register ALL THE GODDAMN TIME and they are much quieter. I'm pretty satisfied, although it can't keep up well with fast hi-hat things.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Is there a tutorial for regular Keys somewhere? I didn't even realize all the tutorials save drums are Pro tutorials that don't go over the basics of how the thing works. Is there anything like those old basic tutorials from RB1-2? Checked the manual too and even that talks about everything but Keys for some reason. :/ Thanks!

Also another even stupider question. Think I did the RB2 export fine. But for RB1 (360) it says:
•Load up Rock Band and select "Options" from the Main Menu.
•Select "Export Songs."

I don't see "Export Songs" under Options when I press Start.

Ridley327

There isn't a tutorial for normal keys, but if you look at the keyboard, you'll notice that starting with the blue section and ending partway into the green section, you'll see the classic fret colors above the corresponding keys. That's what you use for normal keys.

BONUS TIP: You can also use the keys on the leftmost side of the keyboard (red into yellow) to do the same thing if you play lefty.

Are you trying to export the RB1 songs from RB1? That's the only way to do it on the 360.

AstroLad said:
Also another even stupider question. Think I did the RB2 export fine. But for RB1 (360) it says:
•Select "Export Songs."

Wait, WHUT?

I don't have my Rock B'nd disc anymore!! Can anyone else confirm this?!?!

Looks like the keyboard is still sold out on Amazon.com. I hope they get some new ones in soon, as I pre-ordered it a few days ago thinking that it would be available again within a day or two. It's still the cheapest way for me to get it, so I'll give it a little while longer before I give up and try elsewhere.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Gotta love the piano. Such a beautiful instrument \(^o^)/
AND YET IT'S FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY.

Full disclosure: I'm having a goddamn blast with this keyboard and Harmonix is fucking awesome, but there's a part of me that wants to be instantly awesome at this instrument I don't actually know how to play. :X

bounchfx

BobsRevenge said:
The RB3 cymbal pack is a lot better though. They don't double register ALL THE GODDAMN TIME and they are much quieter. I'm pretty satisfied, although it can't keep up well with fast hi-hat things.

mine were shit. the green cymbal double hit every time. unplayable. just returned them today but they were out of extras, so I'll probably order more online. The Pro Drums experience is where it's at, I just wish mad catz would get their shit together.. although the keyboard is ace. My yellow cymbal worked 95% of the time though.

I AM JOHN! said:
AND YET IT'S FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY.

Full disclosure: I'm having a goddamn blast with this keyboard and Harmonix is fucking awesome, but there's a part of me that wants to be instantly awesome at this instrument I don't actually know how to play. :X

Honestly, the stuff on disk is kind of a joke as far as piano is concerned.

When stuff like this starts coming out on RBN, then you should be afraid.

Malechai

scanned through some pages and didnt see this question but..

ps3 users - anyone else unable to play online? i've only been able to connect to rock central server like twice and could never find any players when i did.

i have no issues with any other games :/

jgkspsx

I entered my Lego code, and it said they had run out of export keys. Then I tried again an hour later, and it said it had already been used. Argggggh.

If only I had stuck with the Wii version, I wouldn't have had to worry about exporting :lol (sorry guys)

Cartman86

Banned
AstroLad said:
Is there a tutorial for regular Keys somewhere? I didn't even realize all the tutorials save drums are Pro tutorials that don't go over the basics of how the thing works. Is there anything like those old basic tutorials from RB1-2? Checked the manual too and even that talks about everything but Keys for some reason. :/ Thanks!

•Select "Export Songs."

I don't see "Export Songs" under Options when I press Start.

You play regular keys with one hand (not sure about pro). If you are a righty your thumb touches the green key and the rest of your fingers rest on the red, yellow etc. Left hand sits on the whammy pad and overdrive button.

ratcliffja said:
Looks like the keyboard is still sold out on Amazon.com. I hope they get some new ones in soon, as I pre-ordered it a few days ago thinking that it would be available again within a day or two. It's still the cheapest way for me to get it, so I'll give it a little while longer before I give up and try elsewhere.
Hmm I ordered from there this morning and they were in stock.

xabi

So I am finally going to make the leap to the RB universe. What is the easiest/most cost effective way to end up with a guitar/mic/drums/keyboard? Is the below what people would recommend or is there a better way?

- Get Rock Bank Beatles bundle
- Get the cymbal extensions
- Get the RB3 game + keyboard bundle

thanks in advance for the help

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
bounchfx said:
mine were shit. the green cymbal double hit every time. unplayable. just returned them today but they were out of extras, so I'll probably order more online. The Pro Drums experience is where it's at, I just wish mad catz would get their shit together.. although the keyboard is ace. My yellow cymbal worked 95% of the time though.
Oh, I had one that was double registering a bit, but I taped a wash towel ontop of it and its been fine since.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
BenjaminBirdie said:
What?? Why would someone think differently? Someone needs to hardcore clarify this.
If you already exported RB 1 for RB 2, you don't need to worry about anything anymore since it's already exported. The other person was just mentioning that you need the RB 1 disc to export all the tracks for the people who never exported it. It's not a download file on the marketplace/PSN like the export for LEGO or RB 2.

I3rand0

I was cleaning up my PS3 tonight and accidentally deleted all my DLC (including the RB 1 export). Someone mentioned to me that you could get a used copy at GameStop, do the export, and return it for a refund.

LegoDad

I3rand0 said:
I was cleaning up my PS3 tonight and accidentally deleted all my DLC (including the RB 1 export). Someone mentioned to me that you could get a used copy at GameStop, do the export, and return it for a refund.

was thinking of doing this same thing with green day rock band, because $7 for a rent of one hour is outrageous.

Maddog

caliblue15 said:
was thinking of doing this same thing with green day rock band, because $7 for a rent of one hour is outrageous.

Green Day is unique code. So unless you get extremely lucky and no previous owners have used it you're out of luck.

Raistlin

caliblue15 said:

It only works with RB1 to my knowledge, because the export requires a disc.

For everything after RB1, the user manual contained a unique ID code that is used for the export. While it's possible you'll find a used disc that 1) actually has a manual :p, and 2) the ID wasn't used for export already, it's also quite likely that won't be the case.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Ok so is anyone having trouble playing online on the PS3? Can't even see the online options says something about connecting to Rock Band central servers.

=/

Oli

BenjaminBirdie said:
What?? Why would someone think differently? Someone needs to hardcore clarify this.

I exported Rock Band 1 before putting in 3, then never put the disk back in. Rock Band 3 had all the tracks from 1 without any problem.

jett

D-Member
Thagomizer said:
Honestly, the stuff on disk is kind of a joke as far as piano is concerned.

When stuff like this starts coming out on RBN, then you should be afraid.

I agree that from the videos I've seen the keyboard is woefully underutilized. What's supposed to be the hardest song on keys in RB3?

jett said:
I agree that from the videos I've seen the keyboard is woefully underutilized. What's supposed to be the hardest song on keys in RB3?
It's not the hardest, but if I remember correctly from last night, it considers Free Bird one of the hardest.

KaYotiX

Banned
Rewrite said:
Who at Harmonix thought it was a good idea to have that special effect that lowers down the framerate? That shit is so distracting and it looks awful.

Also, a minor annoyance, but I don't like that the song name/artist doesn't appear until you hit the first note (There's some that are exceptions). Why couldn't it show the title of the song/artist in the beginning like in the previous games?
Agree, at first me and my wife thought it was a bad framerate then we assumed it was a special effect.

I3rand0 said:
Or you could just go into the store and your download queue and download everything all over again. Faster and cheaper.
Oli said:
I exported Rock Band 1 before putting in 3, then never put the disk back in. Rock Band 3 had all the tracks from 1 without any problem.
Absolutely not possible. There are three songs from RB1 that won't export at all.

I3rand0

allegate said:
Or you could just go into the store and your download queue and download everything all over again. Faster and cheaper.

Exporting Songs from the original Rock Band (Xbox 360/PlayStation®3)*:

* Load up Rock Band and select "Options" from the Main Menu.
* Select "Export Songs."
o If you have not purchased a license to export the songs, you'll see a prompt to "Purchase License." You'll need to purchase and download the Rock Band Song Export Key to export your Rock Band tracks.
o Once the download completes, select Continue. On Xbox 360, you’ll need to determine where you'd like to save your exported songs.
* In a few minutes, the exporting process will be complete.

http://www.rockband.com/support/export-rock-band

jgkspsx said:
I entered my Lego code, and it said they had run out of export keys. Then I tried again an hour later, and it said it had already been used. Argggggh.

If only I had stuck with the Wii version, I wouldn't have had to worry about exporting :lol (sorry guys)

Wish I'd have seen this before I tried my code - same thing happened to me. Firing off an e-mail to support...

Stackboy

Shaneus said:
What did you pay for it (assuming you're Australian)? I can't be bothered importing but I also don't want to pay near-full price, either :/

PS. If you are Aussie, get your arse over to the AusGAF thread.

RB2? I think I got it for $60 on 365games.co.uk. Or the export pack? 800 points.

I've been looking for the new Ausgaf thread for ages!!

woodypop

Where exactly is the audio sensor on the RB 2 wireless guitar? I'm trying to calibrate the latency by placing the guitar in front of the speaker, but I'm not sure what part to focus on.

EDIT: nvm, found the info here.

Top Bottom