• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
BenjaminBirdie said:
Why are some "Not Currently Available"? There's some good stuff listed as that.

Microsoft screwing up the conversion. It'll be fixed in time.

Posting on the new page:

Psychotext said:
One for the guitar aficionados.

I want to pick up a new guitar but have no interest in pro mode... which would you go for, a Gretsch Duo Jet (Beatles RB) for £48, or buy the new RB3 standard guitar for £50? I think I like the design of the Gretsch better, but I'm wondering if they've upgraded the RB3 guitar at all.

I know it's a long shot asking, but does anyone have a spare Lego Rockband 360 export code? For some reason all of my paper materials in my copy have disappeared and I had never gotten around to exporting it before. Was supposed to be playing a ton of Rockband tonight and we wanted some of those songs, and now its too late to go out and find another copy where I live :(

Psychotext said:
Posting on the new page:
Gretsch Duo Jet. Beatles guitars are the quietest and have the best buttons in my opinion. The RB3 one is nice, but I prefer the soft handling of the Beatles controllers.

Speaking of which, anyone know where to get the Beatles guitars cheap in the US? I want another one.

Back to tier whining: How the fuck is "I Feel Good" a devil horns bass song? Maybe a two to three star one, but not devil horns. Just a little too easy. Same with "Walk of Life" on bass. It is rated five stars, but really should be like two or three.

And I did get ballsy and try "Freebird" on expert guitar today: Barely survived that one solo section, but managed to pull out 4.5 stars by the end. I was happy to even survive it.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm kinda sad about the RB2 songs that won't export to RB3- no Give It Away or Spoonman? Weaksauce- but having everything else makes up for it.

twinturbo2 said:
I'm kinda sad about the RB2 songs that won't export to RB3- no Give It Away or Spoonman? Weaksauce- but having everything else makes up for it.
I still get "Carry on Wayward Son" and "Aqualung." I am fine.

Ridley327 said:
Yeah, the bass tiering is wonky, to say the least; The Power of Love is a 4 and it plays like a 2, tops.

The only two legit bass rankings for impossible songs are "Llama" and "Roundabout." Seriously, fuck "Roundabout" on bass. (Goes back to playing "Roundabout" for the umpteenth time today trying to five star it on expert bass).

Wish they'd let you export your custom band members too. I hate having to recreate my band, and now I have another member to create (for keys).

Brick Hardchest - Geetar
Garth Schloswanger - Vox
Ophelia Juggs - Bass
Johnson Farquar III - Drums
???? - Keys

Ridley327

shantyman said:
How long are the Doors tracks free?
I would imagine that they're free until Monday night. Better get them while you can, especially since they'll start charging the separate Pro guitar upgrade once the deal is done.

TheHakku

I'm scared about getting enough fans to reach the jet. Lots of reports with peoples' save data corrupting around that time.

Also, that damn console-breaking ramp cutscene lockup. :/

Anyone has special downloaded track objective?

I have:

Guitar:
- Beat 3 80's Metal songs
- Get 5 stars in You Got Another Thing Coming, of Judas Priest

Bass:
- Get 100% in Closer, of Lacuna Coil

Voice:

- Get 100% in Forever, of In This Moment
- Get 5 stars in Call Me, of Blondie

If anyone has other special objectives or know any page where you can find those objective, post it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Psychotext said:
Posting on the new page:
I hope you consider getting a Guitar Hero guitar. They're the best plastic guitars you can get. Order of choice would be GH 5 guitar followed by a World Tour guitar. They're a ton better than the Rock Band guitars.

DangerousDave said:

I have:

Guitar:

Bass:

Voice:

If anyone has other special objectives or know any page where you can find those objective, post it.
Bass: If Man is Five
Get five stars on bass on "Monkey Gone to Heaven."
Or something like that.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
DangerousDave said:

I have:

Guitar:

Bass:

Voice:

Here you go.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Rewrite said:
I hope you consider getting a Guitar Hero guitar. They're the best plastic guitars you can get. Order of choice would be GH 5 guitar followed by a World Tour guitar. They're a ton better than the Rock Band guitars.
I've been considering picking up a GH5 guitar, even though I haven't played a GH game since the third one. I have an RB2 Strat (which was a blind purchase when they were first available) and I really can't stand it. The mushy strum bar and loud, clicky fret buttons are the exact opposite of what I like about the GH guitars I've used.

NameGenerated said:

Thanks

I wonder if anyone will be able to do a real 100% (not only trophies/archievements, also all the objectives) in this game. He will deserve all my respects.

Rewrite said:

But GHWT guitar don't have solo keys. It have that solo tactile bar that is not compatible with RB.

jett

D-Member
PhoncipleBone said:
Fuck me:

[THE MUSIC FAN]
CLEAR 1,000 (yes, ONE THOUSAND) different Downloaded Songs.
(Reminder - Exported Songs DO NOT COUNT towards this total! RBN Songs will, however.)

:lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
vatstep said:
I've been considering picking up a GH5 guitar, even though I haven't played a GH game since the third one. I have an RB2 Strat (which was a blind purchase when they were first available) and I really can't stand it. The mushy strum bar and loud, clicky fret buttons are the exact opposite of what I like about the GH guitars I've used.
I guarantee you that you will love the GH 5 guitar. They always seem to be on special in Amazon so make sure to check there often!

DangerousDave, you're right about the GH guitars not having solo buttons, but I hardly think that's a deal breaker when you get a guitar where the frets are more quiet and a more reliable strum bar. Out of everyone that has played RB with me, hardly anyone uses the solo buttons.

tmarques

Stupid question - I own a US 360 with a US Live Account and tons of DLC from the US store. If I buy a PAL copy of RB3 (the disc itself is region-free), will my DLC work with it?

tmarques said:
Stupid question - I own a US 360 with a US Live Account and tons of DLC from the US store. If I buy a PAL copy of RB3 (the disc itself is region-free), will my DLC work with it?

In PS3 is not working. DLC is not region-free, basically because DLC search for a specific game id. I suppose the same happens with 360.

DangerousDave, you're right about the GH guitars not having solo buttons, but I hardly think that's a deal breaker when you get a guitar where the frets are more quiet and a more reliable strum bar. Out of everyone that has played RB with me, hardly anyone uses the solo buttons.

I know, I use a GHWT guitar. I don't know if people use solo buttons (i don't), but it's important to say that they're not fully compatible for all RB features. I love the GH6 guitar, but I don't find it without bundle.

Hearing of all the issues people are having with exports makes me glad that I got Lego at launch and exported that same day, and that I exported RB2 ASAP once the info went up.

Sorry to all those that are still having issues. It is unfortunate that it is happening.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
y2dvd said:
Pretty late in things but when browsing the store, I notice some songs are under RBN. What's that?

Dumping ground for Myspace bands (with a few gems like Between the Buried and Me).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'd be pissed if I actually spent FULL price for LEGO Rock Band. I just rented it and grabbed my export for the cost of $15. Harmonix should have been prepared for this, really. There's no excuse.

Raistlin

Psychotext said:
Posting on the new page:

I haven't had a chance to test the RB3 guitars, but based on prior experience:

• Gretsch if you don't want a 'clicky' strummer
  • A Guitar Hero guitar (not sure what the best current one is) if you prefer the click

Aspiring

Archie said:
Dumping ground for Myspace bands (with a few gems like Between the Buried and Me).

Mostly true but there is some good shit on there such as Attack!Attack!, ADTR, TDWP and Asking Alexandria!

*waits for eventual piss taking*

Aspiring

corkscrewblow said:

Dont hate. They are without doubt awesome fucking bands, and some of my most played Songs. Senses Fail, Silverstein and LoveHateHero included. Just these mae the half assed RBN on PS3 awesome.

I just laugh that you mock them yet that hot as fuck chick in your avatar screams Post Hardcore/Emo.

Raistlin

PhoncipleBone said:
Hearing of all the issues people are having with exports makes me glad that I got Lego at launch and exported that same day, and that I exported RB2 ASAP once the info went up.

Sorry to all those that are still having issues. It is unfortunate that it is happening.

I guess I'm one lucky S.O.B.

RB3 is actually my first Rockband since the original. However in anticipation of it, I decided to purchase some of the previous discs since they can be had at reasonable prices now.

Last night I installed:
  • Gamestop re-order DLC (thanks Charron!!!)
  • Doors launch-week DLC
  • RB Green Day export
  • Lego RB export
  • RB 2 twenty song bonus tracks
  • RB 2 export

I also re-downloaded my full catalog of DLC (I have a tertiary PS3 now :lol)

RB AC/DC should be showing up in a few days. Hopefully my luck continues :p

Killer said:
is the rockband3 keyboard for ps3 is limited in quantity? or its not out yet?
PS3? You mean 360? I've been looking everywhere for a 360 keyboard and they're nowhere to be found. I have PS3 ones in every store here. Guy at gamestop told me they had some kind of recall on em because of something not rightfully trademarked on the box or some BS like that. I WANT KEYBOARD DAMNIT!

Good to read about the Gretsch Guitar not being clicky... I might have to get one. I hate fast songs where I hear the clicking so much it makes it hard to focus on the song.

Mileena

Banned
Aspiring said:
Dont hate. They are without doubt awesome fucking bands, and some of my most played Songs. Senses Fail, Silverstein and LoveHateHero included. Just these mae the half assed RBN on PS3 awesome.

I just laugh that you mock them yet that hot as fuck chick in your avatar screams Post Hardcore/Emo.
what

Raistlin

Aspiring said:

I've been out of the loop. What exactly is RBN, and why is it half-assed on PS3?

Eric Hall

Raistlin said:
I've been out of the loop. What exactly is RBN, and why is it half-assed on PS3?

RBN = Rock Band Network. Fan developed content. It is half-assed on PS3 as they only get 5 (?) songs a week and later as opposed to the 360 which can get alot of songs in one week and first

Aspiring

Raistlin said:

Rock Band Network. Its where community Authors can make songs from bands to get on the game. Its designed for use with Microsofts XNA platform and they get all the songs and previews of tracks and even demos etc. On PS3 we get "selected" songs from HMX after a limited 30 day exclusitivity to Microsoft, and only 5 per week. No demos previews or anything.

EDIT: Beaten!

Mileena

Banned

RBN is no reason to switch consoles. All of the bands worthwhile will eventually get to PS3 while 360 users can sort through hundreds of awful myspace bands.

jgkspsx

corkscrewblow said:

RBN is no reason to switch consoles. All of the bands worthwhile will eventually get to PS3 while 360 users can sort through hundreds of awful myspace bands.
This is kinda true. I'm gobsmacked by the sheer quantity of tracks I would not download for free.

But then, I downloaded a synth arrangement of the scherzo from Beethoven's 9th that's basically a plagiarism of Walter Carlos's, and have been having a blast playing it on keyboard. Sure the chart is unimaginative, but still!

Top Bottom