• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
allegate said:
Oh joy, I'm a beautiful and unique snowflake.
Why yes, yes you are. ;)

Raistlin said:
While it sucks, particularly if they stated they planned to support it ... it's a 3rd party peripheral that is out of production.

I don't think pitchforks are warranted.
Harmonix knew about the stage kit and even mentioned it in their forums (can't find the posts), so why shouldn't it work for RB 3? It's so dumb especially since there was people who used it (even people on here).

So whats the status on LRB -> RB3 export (ps3) now?
A couple people have said its worked for them today but nothing concrete. Still waiting to do it cause, like others, im afraid to lose the code and have to go thru some extra hassle.

Yeef

devilchicken said:
So whats the status on LRB -> RB3 export (ps3) now?
:lol I misread that as LBP -> RB3 export and was ready to sorely disappoint you.

I would love it if they added Atlas by Battles as DLC though. I love that song.

Yeef said:
:lol I misread that as LBP -> RB3 export and was ready to sorely disappoint you.

I would love it if they added Atlas by Battles as DLC though. I love that song.
Now that you mention it, that doesnt seem like such a crazy idea.

woodypop

vermadas said:
I would be pissed if I spent more than $20 on the stage kit. Looks like HMX are not patching in support for it in RB3. Pretty damn lame if you ask me, especially since they promised support for it at E3 (or was it PAX? I remember reading it here somewhere.)
Well god DAMN. Yeah, I spent only $20 on my stage kit. But the fun I've had with it is worth SO much more. This pisses me off. Coupled with the Lego Rock Band export fiasco, and the RB3 launch loses a bit of its luster.

I can easily see myself popping RB2 back in just to be able to use the stage kit. It adds SO much to the experience.

I hate to say it, but I kinda hope sales of RB3 are weak enough for them to make future DLC RB2-compatible.

Aspiring

So how long oes the game take to update leaderboards? I am currently #1 on In Too Deep on Pro Drums for PS3 with a score of 180,300 from memory. Second is like 173,000. It has not updated on my end yet though.

Although it told me im #1 :D So fucking awesome!

Aspiring said:
So how long oes the game take to update leaderboards? I am currently #1 on In Too Deep on Pro Drums for PS3 with a score of 180,300 from memory. Second is like 173,000. It has not updated on my end yet though.

Although it told me im #1 :D So fucking awesome!
My scores from yesterday afternoon have still not updated.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Gary Whitta said:
How are people generally feeling about the keyboard, is it worth buying?

If you are willing to spend time with it.

I'd recommend beginning with Pro keyboards IMO. Much more rewarding.

Sure, right now, there are few keyboard-heavy songs but you'll suck so much at first you won't mind much :lol

Gary Whitta said:
The keyboard is great! It's sturdy, responsive, and feels good. Now, I'll never use my left hand to activate star power or the touch sensor, but if you had second left arm, you'd be all set.

If you're a lefty, you'll continue to bitch about how the world constantly leaves out "your people.". :lol

Aspiring

Blu_LED said:
Do you like fun?

So much fun. Had to wake up at 2am for work, me and the missus and I were up until 12:30am taking turns on Keyboard. Turns out i really suck. I was failing on easy :eek: The wife on the other hand was awesome, although only on Medium.

Its like learning Rock Band all over again. Cant wait for the Mustang to get here gonna be amazing. Heck, even Pro Drums is really hard.

Gary Whitta said:
The keys are awesome. I've been playing Pro Keys on Medium and it's very hard at first, but it's very satisfying when you get things right. Make sure you get The Doors DLC. They are very fun to play.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Gaming Truth said:
The keyboard is great! It's sturdy, responsive, and feels good. Now, I'll never use my left hand to activate star power or the touch sensor, but if you had second left arm, you'd be all set.

If you're a lefty, you'll continue to bitch about how the world constantly leaves out "your people.". :lol

:lol

Funny, I'm left-handed but never used the lefty flip. I play right-handed.

Raistlin

Gaming Truth said:

I'm not sure how lefty would even apply to a keyboard. String it backwards? :lol

Pancho

Qurupancho
Messi said:
Lego rock band site apparently is out of keys. This is incredibly fustrating.

I haven't been exactly keeping with this whole LRB export keys thing, so pardon my ignorance.

But, what exactly is happening with it? I exported the game just fine when it released (got it for free at Old Navy on Black Friday :lol) So what's happening now?

Messi

some people are entering their keys on the site and the site is eating the key and telling you its used.

Some people get a download code fine.

Some people get told they are out of download vouchers.

Sometimes the site does not load.

koam

I'm not sure I understand the Lego RockBand problems? I've been playing the Lego Rockband songs on RB2 (and now 3) for ages. At least, I think I have. Final Countdown is from Lego Rock Band no?

Ridley327

koam said:
I'm not sure I understand the Lego RockBand problems? I've been playing the Lego Rockband songs on RB2 (and now 3) for ages. At least, I think I have. Final Countdown is from Lego Rock Band no?
The issue has resulted from people attempting to enter their keys now for redemption.

koam

Ridley327 said:
The issue has resulted from people attempting to enter their keys now for redemption.

What's the point of waiting till now? I bought the game, exported the songs and never touched it again.

BTW, Rock band 2 export just finished, I got it to work in Canada!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Messi said:
Lego rock band site apparently is out of keys. This is incredibly fustrating.
Christ still? Is this going to be one of those things where I have to enter my code the moment it supposedly works?

Pancho said:

Funny, I'm left-handed but never used the lefty flip. I play right-handed.

Raistlin said:
I'm not sure how lefty would even apply to a keyboard. String it backwards? :lol

My lefty friend is trying to play with his left hand. It involves the keyboard being shifted extremely to the left. Of course, with the keytar arm on the left side, it doesn't balance very well, nor feel very good to play.

Good thing you learned to be normal like the rest of us! :lol

B-Dex

My RB2 export worked fine however I ran into problems trying to export my lego rock band and am now at the mercy of their support dept. I sent in a scan of my box and code sheet since they told me to hopefully I can get a code.

Ghostbusters would have been perfect over the weekend!

MBison

Wait hold up, so regarding Lego Rock Band. I just bought a brand new copy. I might have trouble using the export code?

Shaneus

They've run out of keys for Lego Rock Band? Um, how is that even possible?

Steam running out of keys, I can understand... they're not physical copies. But people have boxed copies of LRB so there's a finite number of keys that are needed. Why don't they just have that many? Ugh.

Just as well I'm having a bit of fun playing LRB on it's own.

Javaman

Am I missing something here...

Exporting Songs from Rock Band 2 (Xbox 360)*:

* Load up Rock Band 3.
* Select “Get More Songs” from the Main Menu of Rock Band 3.
* Select “Redeem Code.”
* Enter the code that appears on the back of your Rock Band 2 manual.(Note: This may be the same code that you used to get the “Bonus Downloadable Tracks.”)
* NOTE: International players should enter the first 16 digits of their code directly into their console.

I entered the code but nothing happened. I expected to see a prompt asking me to pay for the export, but it just said something about the code being accepted.

Yeef

Javaman said:
Am I missing something here...

I entered the code but nothing happened. I expected to see a prompt asking me to pay for the export, but it just said something about the code being accepted.
Once you put in the code it unlocks the ability to buy the export via the Rock Band 3 store. Under redeem code you should see "Rock Band 2 export."

If you don't, try restarting RB3 and checking again.

MBison

So help clarify for me, if I just bought Lego Rock Band what tricks do I need to perform to get the export to work?

fernoca

Is kinda weird how must of the problems with Rock Band 3 are related more to the website, than the game itself. And how that's affecting a little, the game at the same time (not being able to get codes to export songs, not being able to link the game, etc.)

After the site having similar problems during the release of Rock Band 2, one might think that they would've been ready and test things according to that. But is like they waited till the release of the game to even get the new site up and running.

MBison said:
So help clarify for me, if I just bought Lego Rock Band what tricks do I need to perform to get the export to work?
You just need to follow the instructions on the code that came with the game.
But the site you're supposed to go, is not working properly and apparently even ran out of codes.

Basically is like:
1. Go the site
2. Put the code
3. Get new code
4. Go the Marketplace/PSNetwork
5. Use the new code
6. Download the file
7. Insert Lego Rock Band
8. Go to the Export Option
9. Buy the pack (800MSP/$10)
10. Download a 1+GB file

Varna

Yeef said:
That's an effect. A lot of people find it distracting, but personally it doesn't bother me. I think it'd probably be less distracting if it were only used in tandem with other effects.
Definitely needs a strobe effect. Looks awful. Smooth 60 frames and bam, slide show.

It's an effect they use exclusively for rb3 tracks. Doesn't show up in all venues either. Not in any rb1,2, etc tracks either.

Ridley327

The only time the background graphics are ever 60 fps is during the end-of-song breakdown. They max out at 30 fps otherwise.

The highways are always 60 fps.

I like that slow frame effect. Looks pretty cool to me. And the lights are less blinding on the highway making it temporarily readable without effort!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I got my Pro Guitar in, and JESUS LORD IT'S SO FUCKING AMAZING.

Seriously. This thing is a fucking godsend for people trying to get guitar chords down. And it's too damn fun. I'm only able to pass a few songs on Expert, but that's totally cool with me, cause I totally suck balls at guitar typically.

Man, this game is fucking golden.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
butter_stick said:
I like that slow frame effect. Looks pretty cool to me. And the lights are less blinding on the highway making it temporarily readable without effort!
RAGE.

That shit is awful, man.

I think I finally managed to calibrate my guitar perfectly so I'm not missing as much notes now. The transparency still sucks, but guitar has finally become playable. Thank god.

Varna

Ridley327 said:
The only time the background graphics are ever 60 fps is during the end-of-song breakdown. They max out at 30 fps otherwise.

The highways are always 60 fps.

This is false. Granted their are slow downs but the game does achieve 60 FPS pretty consistently. I am a frame-rate whore I know the difference.

It doesn't even look like an effect. The animations just start skipping. It's just awful.

Top Bottom