• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

storybook77 said:
We didn't start the fire!
Is an awful fucking song that unlike many other awful fucking songs (Two Princes, for example) is not even worth enjoying ironically.

Only the Good Die Young is alright, I guess.

Tek

Ridley327 said:
I imagine that the tracklist will be based off whatever is being included on that new greatest hits CD. The problem with that is I can't find a single listing for the album yet. :lol

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0044DL9VI/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Track Listings
1. Everybody Loves You Now
2. Piano Man
3. The Entertainer
4. New York State Of Mind
5. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
6. Only The Good Die Young
7. My Life
8. Big Shot
9. You May Be Right
10. It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
11. Say Goodbye To Hollywood (Live)
12. Allentown
13. Pressure
14. The Longest Time
15. Tell Her About It
16. A Matter Of Trust
17. We Didn't Start The Fire
18. I Go To Extremes
19. The River Of Dreams

elektrixx

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
The pause function is improved now as well. The song rewinds a few seconds after pausing so you can get your timing back, which works much better than the countdown the Beatles had.
Warriors Of Rock had this welcome addition as well. Like you said, much better than a countdown

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
PhoncipleBone said:
Fuck my ass, I want that pack NOW. Confirmation of pack coming, but no clue as to what songs. Damn, give it to me now.

The only correct answer is

Piano Man
The Entertainer
Prelude/Angry Young Man
Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
Only the Good Die Young
My Life
Big Shot
It's Still Rock and Roll to Me
Uptown Girl
We Didn't Start the Fire
I Go to Extremes

EDIT: *sees track listing* Well, nine of them line up. But the three that don't are really awesome ones. :(

woodypop

I AM JOHN! said:
Worst news since Bon Jovi.

Seriously, how the fuck do they put out all this bullshit and yet four years in, there's not a single fucking song by the Boss?
Maybe you should ask the Boss. According to the USAToday article, Joel sought to be in the game. If Springsteen did the same, he'd probably be a shoo-in.

Ronabo said:
Kansas City is in Missouri.
Kansas City is also - shocker - in Kansas.
Kansas City refers to two cities and a metropolitan area situated at the confluence of the Kansas and Missouri Rivers. Kansas City, Missouri, the largest city in Missouri, anchors the Kansas City Metropolitan Area, which has a population of over two million. Kansas City, Kansas sits across the river from downtown Kansas City, Missouri and is the third-largest city in Kansas.

bounchfx

Tek said:
Track Listings
2. Piano Man
3. The Entertainer
7. My Life
8. Big Shot
9. You May Be Right

12. Allentown
13. Pressure
14. The Longest Time
15. Tell Her About It
16. A Matter Of Trust
18. I Go To Extremes
19. The River Of Dreams

would be my 12 pack if it had to be only from those 19

woodypop said:
Maybe you should ask the Boss. According to the USAToday article, Joel sought to be in the game. If Springsteen did the same, he'd probably be a shoo-in.
Born to Run was fucking free for Guitar Hero. He doesn't seem to have standards.

Other than self promotion.

butter_stick said:
Born to Run was fucking free for Guitar Hero. He doesn't seem to have standards.

If he doesn't have standards, he wouldn't have stopped Reagan from using "Born in the USA" as his campaign song and subsequently not play it for 20 years in protest, now would he?
smug.gif

butter_stick said:

Perhaps they are waiting for November when "Darkness on the Edge of Town" gets rereleased. I would love if we got the entirety of "Born to Run" though.

Track Listings
2. Piano Man
3. The Entertainer

7. My Life
8. Big Shot
9. You May Be Right

12. Allentown
13. Pressure
14. The Longest Time
15. Tell Her About It
16. A Matter Of Trust
18. I Go To Extremes
19. The River Of Dreams

Those I would love to get. But "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" is a must in this game.

Darkness on the Edge of Town > Born to Run. As fantastic as Born to Run is (and it is), you really cannot compete with Adam Raised a Cain and Candy's Room. Real talk.

MrMephistoX said:
Can't really argue with the truth...unless you vote for Reagan's party.
Then you have bigger problems.
smug.gif

MrMephistoX

I AM JOHN! said:
If he doesn't have standards, he wouldn't have stopped Reagan from using "Born in the USA" as his campaign song and subsequently not play it for 20 years in protest, now would he?
smug.gif

Can't really argue with the truth...unless you vote for Reagan's party.

I AM JOHN! said:
Darkness on the Edge of Town > Born to Run. As fantastic as Born to Run is (and it is), you really cannot compete with Adam Raised a Cain and Candy's Room. Real talk.
You forgot "Badlands" and "Streets of Fire.":D

Not putting down Darkness. But I think Born to Run would be more fun in the game. "Thunder Road", "Born to Run", and "Jungleland" would be oh so nice. For me at least.

I AM JOHN! said:
smug.gif
He licensed it to GHWT. How low can you go? Palin could use it and it'd be less offensive.

jgkspsx

Sorry, to reiterate: is the Wii version still the ghetto? And, really: no RB1 export, RBN, etc. news less than a week from launch?

I need to know if I'm getting a 360 this weekend :lol

So I just remembered that I found a Miracle Piano at a Goodwill years ago. I looked and it supports MIDI-out. I'm assuming this will work with RB3? If so, man, cross-platform between NES and XBOX360/PS3. :lol

Needs Uptown Girl, Scenes From An Italian Restaurant, Just the Way You Are, and The Stranger

Fuck it, that's not enough!

2. Piano Man
3. The Entertainer
7. My Life
8. Big Shot
9. You May Be Right
12. Allentown
13. Pressure
14. The Longest Time
15. Tell Her About It
16. A Matter Of Trust
18. I Go To Extremes
19. The River Of Dreams

However, I would not say no to any of these songs.

Ridley327

Daigoro said:
No Uptown Girl. That kind of blows.
It is definitely possible that Harmonix have their own selections in mind. For Are You Experienced, they gave us the Winterland '68 version of Hey Joe and the Valleys of Neptune cut of Stone Free. I would take that tracklisting as more of a good indicator of what to expect rather than confirmation of not having songs like Uptown Girl or Scenes from an Italian Restaurant.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Memles

Fingers crossed that Uptown Girl makes it, but yeah - since the keyboard bundle is coming from Amazon, this is definitely getting picked up in its entirety.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
jgkspsx said:
Sorry, to reiterate: is the Wii version still the ghetto? And, really: no RB1 export, RBN, etc. news less than a week from launch?

I need to know if I'm getting a 360 this weekend :lol
Just buy it on 360.

Daigoro

Ridley327 said:
It is definitely possible that Harmonix have their own selections in mind. For Are You Experienced, they gave us the Winterland '68 version of Hey Joe and the Valleys of Neptune cut of Stone Free. I would take that tracklisting as more of a good indicator of what to expect rather than confirmation of not having songs like Uptown Girl or Scenes from an Italian Restaurant.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yeah, we'll see. I just want songs with good harmonies!

And yeah fucking hmx and their odd selection choice. Those Jimi choices weren't ideal for me. They are fucking great but I just wanted the full album experience. The lack of "I don't live today" was especially heartbreaking.

So Pearl Jam get retro harmonies huh? Hopefully that bodes well for other bands stuff. Lots of stuff I would love to have harmonies retroactivly added to.

Also, I feel bad for folks who don't have local friends to play RB with. Having a full band full of friends to play live with since RB1 has kept this game incredibly fresh for us. We've been playing an average of once a week together for years now and we are all excited for RB3.

I feel lucky.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
So recent and upcoming DLC consists of Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Billy Joel,
Master of Puppets
, and Bon Jovi. The first half of 2010 sucked balls (outside of Rust in Peace) but goddamn if Harmonix isn't making up for it now.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Extra cymbal for ION Drum Rocker is ordered, Mustang is pre-ordered, and the Keyboardbundle is pre-ordered. Bring home the bacon!

2. Piano Man
7. My Life
8. Big Shot
9. You May Be Right
14. The Longest Time
19. The River Of Dreams

Throw in Uptown Girl and Just The Way You Are and you have my ideal 12 pack. DLC has been amazing lately.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Javaman said:
If you are serious about the drums I would highly recommend the ION set. They are releasing a "pro" version with an updated kick pedal (The original one is a hi-hat pedal. :eek:P) and extra cymbal. I had the earlier version with RB2 and it made a huge difference in the fun and accuracy side of things. I'm still waiting on an upgrade option from them to bring my set up to the "pro" setup.

how is the size compared to the standard RB drums? And does it pack down at all - I'm a little concerned about 'wife acceptance factor' with the cymbals attached. currently the drums can hide behind the sofa :)

Javaman said:
If you are serious about the drums I would highly recommend the ION set. They are releasing a "pro" version with an updated kick pedal (The original one is a hi-hat pedal. :eek:P) and extra cymbal. I had the earlier version with RB2 and it made a huge difference in the fun and accuracy side of things. I'm still waiting on an upgrade option from them to bring my set up to the "pro" setup.

[MG]http://www.ionaudio.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/20/b91e93d9b442b60160361f62c84906af/medium/drumrocker_460x288_xbox.jpg[/IMG]
drumrockerpro_xbox_web_med.jpg
Where did you hear about this and where did you get the pic from? I was about to order IONs and haven't heard anything about the pro version. Do you know when it'll be released?

Archie said:
So recent and upcoming DLC consists of Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Billy Joel,
Master of Puppets
, and Bon Jovi. The first half of 2010 sucked balls (outside of Rust in Peace) but goddamn if Harmonix isn't making up for it now.

Lady Gaga to Bon Jovi is a massive downgrade.

Minsc

Gold Member
Picked up the wireless mics from the Lips game (thanks again)! Got my RB1, RB2, and Lego RB titles ready to install, now I just need everything else (guitars, kb, drums, game, and 360)! :lol

Ridli

Gah, not including Scenes from an Italian Restaurant would be just... criminal. I would gladly give up any other song for that
yes any, screw Uptown Girl
. Here's hoping at least the Entertainer and Moving Out make the cut.

Does anyone actually think The Longest Time is going to make it in? I mean, it's just Vocal and Bassline. I know we've gone with missing instruments in songs before, but missing 3?

Either way, the Joel news has me pretty hyped. I'm a little curious as to the build quality of the keyboard controller. I know there's gotta be concessions to make on the device, I just wish they had demo units out nearby so I could get a feel for it and make sure I won't hate my fingers.

Magik said:
Where the hell is my Muse 12-pack!? =(
This x 1000

I still cant believe all we've had from Muse is Hysteria way back in RB1. My 12 pack would be -

Stockholm Syndrome
Citizen Erased
New Born (p)
Plug In Baby
Knights of Cydonia
United States of Eurasia (p)
Butterflies & Hurricanes (p)
Map of the Problematique (p)
MK Ultra
Filip
SuperMassive Black Hole
Sing For Absolution (p)

(p) = piano tracks

I wouldn't say that was my top 12 Muse songs, but there's a nice mix there of a few guitar heavy songs, ones with piano and the more popular ones that would be fun to sing.

I suppose if one were to happen Feeling Good would be in it but that song annoys me so I wouldn't include it :p

Ricker

Damn,I`m debating if I want to get into Pro Mode in a serious way and invest in the Mustang or wait for the Fender guitar...or even the Power Gig guitar...that will work in RB3 as well right? is it the same price as the Mustang? any reviews of those peripherals yet anywhere?

Yeef

Ricker said:
Damn,I`m debating if I want to get into Pro Mode in a serious way and invest in the Mustang or wait for the Fender guitar...or even the Power Gig guitar...that will work in RB3 as well right? is it the same price as the Mustang? any reviews of those peripherals yet anywhere?
The power gig guitar will likely not work with Rock Band 3.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Yeef said:
The Billy Joel pack MUST have The Longest Time.

Do you hear me, Harmonix?

No, dammit, I'm supposed to have the first a cappella track!

Seriously, I've been working on signing one since July.

mr_sockochris said:
This x 1000

I still cant believe all we've had from Muse is Hysteria way back in RB1. My 12 pack would be -

Stockholm Syndrome
Citizen Erased
New Born (p)
Plug In Baby
Knights of Cydonia
United States of Eurasia (p)
Butterflies & Hurricanes (p)
Map of the Problematique (p)
MK Ultra
Filip
SuperMassive Black Hole
Sing For Absolution (p)

(p) = piano tracks

I wouldn't say that was my top 12 Muse songs, but there's a nice mix there of a few guitar heavy songs, ones with piano and the more popular ones that would be fun to sing.

I suppose if one were to happen Feeling Good would be in it but that song annoys me so I wouldn't include it :p

Good list. Stockholm Syndrome and New Born are my most wanted, but I'd buy all of those.

I would make a couple of changes (I want Bliss), but my list would be close. Like you, this isn't necessarily my top songs, but the songs I'd most want to play. Although, the solo in Invincible could be death.

Stockholm Syndrome
New Born
Bliss
MK Ultra
Knights of Cydonia
Invincible
Starlight
Time Is Running Out
SuperMassive Black Hole
Plug In Baby
Uprising
Sing For Absoution or Falling Away With You (can't decide)

I3rand0 said:
Oh man Billy Joel finally come to Rock Band, awesome!

Scenes from an Italian Restaurant better be in there.
This man knows what is up. That is my most wanted of the Billy Joel songs in the game.

And screw the Bon Jovi haters, getting a big pack of his music will be great. Now just announce Sir Elton, dammit.

megashock5 said:
Good list. Stockholm Syndrome and New Born are my most wanted, but I'd buy all of those.

I would make a couple of changes (I want Bliss), but my list would be close. Like you, this isn't necessarily my top songs, but the songs I'd most want to play. Although, the solo in Invincible could be death.

Stockholm Syndrome
New Born
Bliss
MK Ultra
Knights of Cydonia
Invincible
Starlight
Time Is Running Out
SuperMassive Black Hole
Plug In Baby
Uprising
Sing For Absoution or Falling Away With You (can't decide)
I'd take that list. I can't believe I forgot Bliss though!

Citizen Erased is a must though, that song would be incredible on guitar, bass and drums :D

Argyle

mrklaw said:
how is the size compared to the standard RB drums? And does it pack down at all - I'm a little concerned about 'wife acceptance factor' with the cymbals attached. currently the drums can hide behind the sofa :)
They are significantly bigger and it does NOT fold up in any way... Will probably take at least 15 mins to assemble/disassemble if you know exactly what you are doing. (I think it took me an hour to put it together when I got mine)

If I wasn't sold on this already for Bohemian Rhapsody, now they go and add Piano Man (probably) as well. I mean, with the new instrument they'd be stupid not to.

However, I'm a bit worried about the no-show in Swedish stores. There doesn't seem to be anywhere you can preorder the keyboard.

Top Bottom