• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

ahvostik

butter_stick said:
green-day-rock-band-artwork.jpg

340x76.gif

Has anyone ever tried using "professional" USB microphones for any of the music games? Are they recognized by the console?

I wonder since the regular old logitech rock band mic works on PC, things work in the other direction as well.

ahvostik

KaYotiX said:
HURRY UP NEXT WEEK!!! I just picked up the pro-cymbals, i like them more than the old versions.

just curious:

did you own the old versions or just play at a friends place? all three of them?

I own the RB2 cymbals (3 pack). I used them for about a month and then took them off mainly because they weren't charted and dropped notes on me.

I think i'm going to go all out and get a midi drum set this time around though.

ahvostik

NameGenerated said:
Where did everyone get this early?

a few different places from what i've read around the inter-webs.

www.newegg.com

www.antonline.com

and www.amazon.com sold a bunch from a third party seller: Beach Audio that shipped out around the 29th of last month (crazy I know).

as far as I know though these companies only shipped out the software and no keyboards or mustang guitars. (I could be wrong on that though)

KaYotiX

Banned
ahvostik said:
just curious:

did you own the old versions or just play at a friends place? all three of them?

I own the RB2 cymbals (3 pack). I used them for about a month and then took them off mainly because they weren't charted and dropped notes on me.

I think i'm going to go all out and get a midi drum set this time around though.

owned all 3, never had a problem with them dropping notes but i like that the pro ones are a bit quieter (must be a diff material) and that they now have a slant to them.

I sold the old ones to a friend who wanted them for pro-mode so it was a win-win

Big Shot, Captain Jack?

I'd rather have Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, Uptown Girl, We Didn't Start the Fire, The Longest Time, Tell Her About It, Just The Way You Are, or She's Got A Way About Her.

Still, not bad.

Javaman

mrklaw said:
how is the size compared to the standard RB drums? And does it pack down at all - I'm a little concerned about 'wife acceptance factor' with the cymbals attached. currently the drums can hide behind the sofa :)

They are quite a bit bigger than the rockband drums. Once you loosen up the clamps you can swing most down to the middle and make it a bit smaller. It takes a while to get set up but definitely not 15 mins, expecially if you leave the clamps on.

Milchmonster said:
Where did you hear about this and where did you get the pic from? I was about to order IONs and haven't heard anything about the pro version. Do you know when it'll be released?

I think it was a Gameinformer site where I read about the pro version originally, but it's listed on the ION website. Just follow the link from the pic or here...

http://www.ionaudio.com/ied27

I E-mailed them about an upgrade kit with just the cymbal and pedal but hadn't heard anything back yet.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So, is this really, definitely releasing this month in Europe? The EU release of the PS3 version of RB2 was delayed for many months, and I still don't know why. Also, we never got the RB2 instruments. At all. Will we get them this time? I need some drums and a MIDI -> USB adapter (for my keyboard). I'm betting the adapter will never be released here though. I can just feel it.

Argyle

Javaman said:
They are quite a bit bigger than the rockband drums. Once you loosen up the clamps you can swing most down to the middle and make it a bit smaller. It takes a while to get set up but definitely not 15 mins, expecially if you leave the clamps on.

I think it was a Gameinformer site where I read about the pro version originally, but it's listed on the ION website. Just follow the link from the pic or here...

http://www.ionaudio.com/ied27

I E-mailed them about an upgrade kit with just the cymbal and pedal but hadn't heard anything back yet.
I recommend the Pintech TC 10 as a hi-hat cymbal instead of buying another from Ion. You'll need to buy your own mounting hardware, though. I think it feels way better than the stock Ion triggers.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
RoadHazard said:
So, is this really, definitely releasing this month in Europe? The EU release of the PS3 version of RB2 was delayed for many months, and I still don't know why. Also, we never got the RB2 instruments. At all. Will we get them this time? I need some drums and a MIDI -> USB adapter (for my keyboard). I'm betting the adapter will never be released here though. I can just feel it.
HMV had preorde stuff in for the games last weekend. Nothing on peripherals yet. Amazon and shop.to have the peripherals listed though

DryvBy

Anyone else "Weird Al" the songs that Al has parodied? Like when you play Stand, do you sing the lyrics to Spam?

Javaman

Argyle said:
I recommend the Pintech TC 10 as a hi-hat cymbal instead of buying another from Ion. You'll need to buy your own mounting hardware, though. I think it feels way better than the stock Ion triggers.

I might just do that if I don't hear anything from them. The cymbals work great for crashes, but the sensitivity is a bit low to do a constant ride on the yellow one. I had to lossen some of the screws where the plug in is at in order to increase the sensitivity but it's slightly louder now though.

Pancho

Qurupancho
So my pedal just died....well I think it's my pedal. It didn't break or anything but the game suddenly stopped registering it. It registers as if it was always pressed down. I'm wondering if it was the pedal that broke or my drum set who just stopped to register the pedal properly =/

Anyone ever had the same issue?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Pancho said:
So my pedal just died....well I think it's my pedal. It didn't break or anything but the game suddenly stopped registering it. It registers as if it was always pressed down. I'm wondering if it was the pedal that broke or my drum set who just stopped to register the pedal properly =/

Anyone ever had the same issue?

There is a magnet in the pedal and a sensor in the moulding that pedal hits at full travel.
Check the sensor, its under a plate you can get to by removing 2 screws.

Ridli

Well thank god Moving Out and Entertainer made it. I'm kind of surprised at Capt Jack. I mean, I like the song and all, but... that's precious space it's taking up.

Anyway, now I must remain nervous about the fate of Scenes.

Daigoro

I can't believe that people are so high on We didnt start the fire. That song blows.

DryvBy2 said:
Anyone else "Weird Al" the songs that Al has parodied? Like when you play Stand, do you sing the lyrics to Spam?

We make up our own parodies actually. Its pretty amusing.

With the addition of the keyboard how can you use all instruments at once with the 360 4 controller limit? Thinking about the keyboard but Guitar + Drums + Mic + Bass = 4

Okay, so I have the Rock Band 2 drum set, do the RB3 new cymbal set work perfectly with my drum set? Is the cymbal set all I need for pro mode? For the record, I'm lefty...

ahoyhoy said:
Ballad of Billy the Kid or bust. Scenes can be shelved for all I care.
You are on my "dead to me" list.

So, being slightly drunk and playing more of the game tonight...I forgot how crazy the guitar on "25 or 6 to 4" was. Jesus. So much fun, and so terrifying at the same time.

And new song for "fuck this" on bass: "Roundabout." As terrifying and awesome as I predicted, but fuck that song on bass. For all those complaining about "elite" songs on guitar, give this a whirl on bass.

robotzombie said:
Okay, so I have the Rock Band 2 drum set, do the RB3 new cymbal set work perfectly with my drum set? Is the cymbal set all I need for pro mode? For the record, I'm lefty...

Will work fine. I have a Beatle set, and added the RB3 cymbals. They work fine, and as Ridley stated above, the new cymbals come with a read topper for the pad for lefties.

Deadly

None of the retail stores near me even have the keyboard+game bundle listed, just the game. Seems like it'll be awhile before I get to play this

jhferry said:
With the addition of the keyboard how can you use all instruments at once with the 360 4 controller limit? Thinking about the keyboard but Guitar + Drums + Mic + Bass = 4
All instrument mode unties vocals from a specific profile or controller and just uses whatever mics are attached to the system. It's unscored and always on easy difficulty. But that's your only way to get 5 (or 7 with harmonies) playing at once.

Merino

I'm wondering how threy have approached the keyboard parts in The Doors songs.
Is it going to be possible to play with two keyboards doing the bass+organ stuff at the same time Manzarak-style?

Merino said:
I'm wondering how threy have approached the keyboard parts in The Doors songs.
Is it going to be possible to play with two keyboards doing the bass+organ stuff at the same time Manzarak-style?
Nope. The keyboard itself is only two octaves anyways, but there is no way to combine two controllers to jump between. Would you really want to watch two different note highways while playing?

butter_stick said:
All instrument mode unties vocals from a specific profile or controller and just uses whatever mics are attached to the system. It's unscored and always on easy difficulty. But that's your only way to get 5 (or 7 with harmonies) playing at once.
Good to know. I havent done full band yet, but this kind of pisses me off that it drops it down to easy vocals if you do absolute full band. Why couldn't they just let the selection of the vocal difficulty level fall to another controller that is already in use?

Gaaraz

Those who have the game early, do you have the instruments too?

I'm just wondering, as someone with a interest in music (used to play bass in a surprisingly good band, though the rest of the guys pretty much carried me and I picked up stuff quickly) and will never have the motivation to sit down and learn instruments, would I be able to buy the drum kit and use it to save me having to buy a proper electronic drum kit? Likewise with the guitar, could I just use this and pretty much sell my guitar? (that I never use...) Maybe they keyboard too? Although it looks weird and surprised by how little keys it has.

Thanks

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Official prices for UK Rock Band 3 gear:

The price list in full:

* Rock Band Wireless Keyboard with Rock Band 3 software included - £109.99 (Xbox 360/PS3) and £99.99 (Wii)
* Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Mustang PRO-GUITAR Controller - £124.99
* Guitar, mic and keyboard stands - £24.99 each
* Rock Band Wireless Keyboard - £69.99
* Rock Band 3 Wireless PRO-DRUM and PRO-CYMBALS Kit - £119.99
* Other guitars including bass - £59.99 to £84.99
* Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-ADAPTER - £34.99
* Rock Band 3 Microphone - £24.99

Anyone have any info on the guitar, mic & keyboard stands or any differences with the RB3 microphone compared to Logitech RB1/RB2 version?

koam

navanman said:
Official prices for UK Rock Band 3 gear:

The price list in full:

* Rock Band Wireless Keyboard with Rock Band 3 software included - £109.99 (Xbox 360/PS3) and £99.99 (Wii)
* Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Mustang PRO-GUITAR Controller - £124.99
* Guitar, mic and keyboard stands - £24.99 each
* Rock Band Wireless Keyboard - £69.99
* Rock Band 3 Wireless PRO-DRUM and PRO-CYMBALS Kit - £119.99
* Other guitars including bass - £59.99 to £84.99
* Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-ADAPTER - £34.99
* Rock Band 3 Microphone - £24.99

Anyone have any info on the guitar, mic & keyboard stands or any differences with the RB3 microphone compared to Logitech RB1/RB2 version?

Those prices aren't horrible

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I got the RB3 mic last night. I'm going to test it out and post my impressions.

For starters the mic is much lighter the logitechs. I haven't figured out if that is a bad thing yet though.

Minsc

Gold Member
koam said:
Those prices aren't horrible

I got two wireless mics for less than the price of that one wired mic though! Maybe just a good deal (Lips)! Why have the mic wired anyway, maybe just a pet peeve of mine (wires), but every other device is wireless!

Gaaraz

£440 for me then.

/kills self

Also bump:

blizeH said:
Those who have the game early, do you have the instruments too?

I'm just wondering, as someone with a interest in music (used to play bass in a surprisingly good band, though the rest of the guys pretty much carried me and I picked up stuff quickly) and will never have the motivation to sit down and learn instruments, would I be able to buy the drum kit and use it to save me having to buy a proper electronic drum kit? Likewise with the guitar, could I just use this and pretty much sell my guitar? (that I never use...) Maybe they keyboard too? Although it looks weird and surprised by how little keys it has.

Thanks

Top Bottom