• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
mrklaw said:
you have to *unlock* the abilty to play the fucking keyboard in quickplay!?
Yeah, if you're planning in playing keys on a guitar. You can always turn on All Instruments Mode, but like butter_stick said, every song you play will be a music video, which isn't cool when the highway is so transparent.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
butter_stick said:
Delete Promised Land when you're done with it.

Headphones On and Charlene, <3
Promised Land is so much better than Charlene. Charlene is fucking terrible. Headphones On is the best thing ever, though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rewrite said:
Yeah, if you're planning in playing keys on a guitar. You can always turn on All Instruments Mode, but like butter_stick said, every song you play will be a music video, which isn't cool when the highway is so transparent.
Do you need to do AI mode for bass+guitar+keys (on actual keyboard) too?

butter_stick said:
Delete Promised Land when you're done with it.

Headphones On and Charlene, <3
Promised Land is actually pretty fun to play. Headphones On is fairly decent.

Charlene is fun to sing and for a goof, but nothing else.

But <3 Still Alive.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
AstroLad said:
Unfortunately I don't know since I don't have the keyboard. If I had to guess, I'd say yes. Hopefully someone who has they keyboard can confirm that.

AstroLad said:
Yup. Or at least we had to when doing guitar, drums, and keys only together. Perhaps we had to default to AI mode because we were jumping between instruments and profiles a lot that day.

The music videos dont bother me at all though, and I dont have many issues seeing the notes on the highway. I just wish that the music videos were less frequent so that they stand out more.

PhoncipleBone said:
But <3 Still Alive.
I love(d) Still Alive.
But every single god damn time someone plays it. And then someone else wants to play it. And it bores into your brain to the point of if anyone asks for it you die a little more inside as so many great songs are ignored.

Zeouterlimits said:
I love(d) Still Alive.
But every single god damn time someone plays it. And then someone else wants to play it. And it bores into your brain to the point of if anyone asks for it you die a little more inside as so many great songs are ignored.
It is one that you have to only pull out on special occasions. That is how we treat "I Get By" at parties.

chunk3rvd said:
Love that song!! (I Get By)
(FIST BUMP)

It is just a lot of fun to play, and great to throw at people that dont know it because of the section where the song slows to a crawl, then slowly builds momentum back up. That fucks people up every single party, and I love it.

Hige

chunk3rvd said:
Also, I just got a message before starting saying that "at least one of the songs in the setlist is missing this part. Are you sure you want to continue?"

I assume it's Imagine. Will I still unlock the goal for playing through the setlist on guitar?

Will keep looking back here to check that I'm not about to waste 6-7 hours :lol
You'll unlock the endless setlist goal/achievement/trophy no matter what instrument you play, whether or not no fail mode and/or all instrument modes are on. The only difference is that you have to sit through every song even if your instrument has no part. Meaning that a keys player still has to listen to all 83 songs.

Zeouterlimits said:
I love(d) Still Alive.

Yeah, I've not played Still Alive in a very long time because of that. My white, nerd-ass friends would play that and Wonderwall to death. I like both of those songs but I think listening to the same stuff over and over is a mild form of mental illess.

Rewrite said:
How can you get sick of Wonderwall? Madness!
Easily. Still like the song, but only in small doses.

Also, the strum bar on the Harrison controller is wonky. Half the notes it wasnt registering a hit at all. GRR. Off to Toys R Us tomorrow to exchange it. Or perhaps now.

chunk3rvd

I am such a softcock. Starting to get tired and I'm only about 35 songs in. I think I may have to leave my PS3 on till I get back from work tomorrow to finish this

I'm finding expert songs on RB3 to be a little harder than the previous 2 games. I seem to notice a lot more 3 note chords and it seems more songs require alt-strumming (which I still don't have mastered despite 3 years of these games under my belt)

Also, what the fuck is that thing near the end of Cold as Ice? It looks like an extended sustain from GHWT. I HO/PO'd it like crazy which seemed to rack up some points but I kept dropping the combo

Pancho said:
Just finished all of the Road CHallenges.....fuck, those credits sure are long!
Told ya! The photo credits were long enough, but then the real credits start and last even longer! The credits are basically go out and get a bite to eat then come back and maybe they will be done.

Xevren

chunk3rvd said:
I am such a softcock. Starting to get tired and I'm only about 35 songs in. I think I may have to leave my PS3 on till I get back from work tomorrow to finish this

I'm finding expert songs on RB3 to be a little harder than the previous 2 games. I seem to notice a lot more 3 note chords and it seems more songs require alt-strumming (which I still don't have mastered despite 3 years of these games under my belt)

Also, what the fuck is that thing near the end of Cold as Ice? It looks like an extended sustain from GHWT. I HO/PO'd it like crazy which seemed to rack up some points but I kept dropping the combo

Are you talking about the new trill mechanic during the solo? Just gives you a little leeway on the timing window for trills, just anchor the lowest note and fret the highest one fast to be sure you hit them all.

Pancho

Qurupancho
PhoncipleBone said:
Told ya! The photo credits were long enough, but then the real credits start and last even longer! The credits are basically go out and get a bite to eat then come back and maybe they will be done.

Checked my email, my Facebook, took a piss and grabbed some snack from the fridge. and the credits were still rolling :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hige said:
You'll unlock the endless setlist goal/achievement/trophy no matter what instrument you play, whether or not no fail mode and/or all instrument modes are on. The only difference is that you have to sit through every song even if your instrument has no part. Meaning that a keys player still has to listen to all 83 songs.

Wait, you can get the Endless setlist achievement with No Fail on? So you can just leave your system on overnight and get it? :lol

Shit, amazon informed me that my controller is delayed until December 8/9. :(

"Gitarre MC Rock Band 3 Fender Mustang Guitar Controller red"
Voraussichtliches Lieferdatum: Dezember 08 2010 - Dezember 09 2010

chunk3rvd

Xevren said:
Are you talking about the new trill mechanic during the solo? Just gives you a little leeway on the timing window for trills, just anchor the lowest note and fret the highest one fast to be sure you hit them all.

That's what I assumed and tried but for some reason, I kept dropping my combo. It's a bit frustrating that they added new gameplay mechanics like this without inlcuding a basic instrument tutorial or even listing them in the instruction manual!

firehawk12 said:
Wait, you can get the Endless setlist achievement with No Fail on? So you can just leave your system on overnight and get it? :lol

No, you can't. Someone on ps3trophies.org suggested such a tactic using an autofire pad to advance the tracks but it didn't work. I assume you need to get at least one star on each song you can play

Xevren

The first trill in the solo for Cold as Ice is pretty slow and doesn't have that many notes so it's pretty easy to hit. But yeah, you're going to have to be pretty fast to hit the second one. They also have sections like that but for strumming, I just strum really fast and it pretty much never drops combo for me on them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
chunk3rvd said:
No, you can't. Someone on ps3trophies.org suggested such a tactic using an autofire pad to advance the tracks but it didn't work. I assume you need to get at least one star on each song you can play

Ah, smart!

Amneisac

So my RB3 finally shows up and The Doors songs are no longer free and the Lego export code still isn't fucking working.

Lame.

Hige

firehawk12 said:
No, still need to press A between songs.

chunk3rvd said:
What? It worked for me. I didn't use a turbo controller, but I had all instruments/no fail on and had my guitar in expert keys mode and got it. Didn't get a single star, but I did get a few thousand points on two songs (very beginning and around halfway through). Got the achievement at the end. I had it on keys because I read somewhere that it decreases the total # of songs you have to play, but it's not true.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hige said:
No, still need to press A between songs.

What? It worked for me. I didn't use a turbo controller, but I had all instruments/no fail on and had my guitar in expert keys mode and got it. Didn't get a single star, but I did get a few thousand points on two songs (very beginning and around halfway through). Got the achievement at the end. I had it on keys because I read somewhere that it decreases the total # of songs you have to play, but it's not true.

Hrm. I could test this out if I weren't worried about my 360 exploding. My trusty SF4 fight pad with turbo is sitting here collecting dust at the moment anyhow.

PhoncipleBone said:

Or press start and skip them.

I watched the photo credits, but after that I lost the will to live.

It let me. They kinda hide the option at the bottom right, but if you press start it pauses it, then there's a skip option. This is after finishing the Frequent Flyers road challenge.

Daigoro

PhoncipleBone said:
Easily. Still like the song, but only in small doses.

Also, the strum bar on the Harrison controller is wonky. Half the notes it wasnt registering a hit at all. GRR. Off to Toys R Us tomorrow to exchange it. Or perhaps now.

They still have those at some Toys r us stores? How much were they selling it for?

The Gretsch is so good . I've been wanting to pick up a Rickenbacker to complete the set. Just looking for a good price.

Daigoro said:
They still have those at some Toys r us stores? How much were they selling it for?

The Gretsch is so good . I've been wanting to pick up a Rickenbacker to complete the set. Just looking for a good price.
30 bucks. I hope there are some left when I go to exchange tomorrow. Tempted to get the Lennon one too just to have the whole set.

Daigoro

PhoncipleBone said:
30 bucks. I hope there are some left when I go to exchange tomorrow. Tempted to get the Lennon one too just to have the whole set.

Holy shit no way. Time to scour every Toys r Us in a 25 mile radius tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. Wish me luck. Hope I find one!

Daigoro said:
Holy shit no way. Time to scour every Toys r Us in a 25 mile radius tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. Wish me luck. Hope I find one!
Dont thank me, someone else in this thread mentioned it the other day. They alerted me, but I guess not many people picked up on it. I am heading back tomorrow to make sure I get a working Gretsch. That damn thing is the sexiest plastic guitar made.

Daigoro

Yeah I heard someone asking the other day bu didn't see an answer. Thanks to whoever then.

the Gretsch is so good, ill buy a second one if I can't find a Rickenbacker. I really want a Rick tho.

Top Bottom